OtakuBoards

The Hunters [M-VL]

Ellerby

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26241&stc=1[/img]
[size=2]A Claymore/Final Fantasy Hybrid[/size][/center][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][B][center]Plot Summary[/center][/B][/SIZE]
In a Steam Punk, Medieval world, a powerful race of Demon-like beings known only as the [i]Yoma[/i] travel from village to village, often taking the form of those they encounter, and slaying those they meet, feeding upon their flesh to stay alive.

Little is known about the Yoma ? the least of which is how to end their troublesome lives. The secret of their execution is known only by an organization with no name. The organization, thriving for nearly a century, raises children as [i]Hunters[/i], with the sole objective to hunt, and kill the Yoma. While sometimes accepting pay for their actions, there are many times when the Hunters must act in secret so as to complete their dangerous task.

The organization?s members are shrouded in mystery ? to most, the only knowledge possessed is that they are referred to as Hunters. Most know that the Hunters travel in groups of three to six, but have been known to travel in less, or more, as the situation presents itself. They are known to enter villages, exterminate the Yoma encountered, and leave before being paid ? someone from the organization always returns to collect the pay. To this day, no one is remembered to have not paid the organization.

Typically, most Hunters are treated rather roughly. They are feared by most villagers for there powers, but are constantly needed due to the ever-growing Yoma population. Physically, Hunters appear very similar to the average human being. However, there are minor differences ? they have enhanced physical capabilities and sharper minds. As well, Hunter?s are categorized by their silver eyes, and small pupils. Very few know if this is true or not, but some believe that when a Hunter is in the midst of combat with a Yoma, their eyes change ? they become a glossy white, and their pupils disappear.

[B][SIZE=3][CENTER]The Hunters[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B]
What further information known about Hunters, however, can be considered quite useful. They belong to societies within the organization. There are three known primary societies.

[B]The First Offensive:[/B] Hunters of this society wear light armor (usually leather, or light chain mail). They spend their lives training, and in turn rely upon quick weapons (such as swords, daggers, hand axes and bows) to dispatch their enemies. These Hunters are always the first to rush their enemies, and deal damage quickly.

[b]The Last Line:[/b] Contrary to their name, Hunters of this society are known to begin fights as quickly as The First Offensive, but go about in a different manner. They wear heavy armor, and wield large weapons (such as axes, claymores, and large shields) and have a wide array of basic provoking magic which they use to attract Yomas? attention while others deal the killing blows.

[b]The Mage Knights:[/b] Hunters of this society excel in magic, and use their arcane powers in battle. Despite carrying physical weapons (usually long wands, or staves) they rely on their magic to see them through tough situations. Some Mage Knights focus their time and practice on offensive spells used to damage and kill enemies, whereas others spend their time learning defensive spells used to shield their group from damage, and heal the wounded.

[b][size=3][center]Your Role[/center][/size][/b]
You play as a hunter traveling with 3 - 5 other RPers who are also hunters. Hopefully we'll get an active and diverse team of OBers/characters to get the adventure rolling. Here's the sign-up sheet.

[b]Name:[/b] Anything western or medieval is fine. I'll change the name if I really have a problem with it.
[b]Gender:[/b] Unlike Claymore, The Hunters are both women and men so you can be either.
[b]Appearance:[/b] How old your character looks (Twenties? Thirties? Fourties?) and what they look like.

[b]Society:[/b] First Offensive, Last Line, or Mage Knight.
[b]Armor:[/b] What your character wears (if you are a Mage Knight describe the type of robes you wear for example).
[b]Weapon:[/b] Swords? Giant hammer? Spell book? It's up to you.
[b]Abilities:[/b] Any special abilities you want us to know about.

[center][b]I'll post my sign-up after someone else does. As a note to those who have actually seen Claymore, think of the Hunters as weaker versions of Claymore (3-6 make up the power and strength of one Claymore). Also, the Hunters (unlike Claymore) are [i]not[/i] half Yoma.[/b]

Thanks goes to Adas for helping me make this.[/center]

Yayyy, Claymore! =3 Here's mine!

[b]Name:[/b] Ellemere, goes by Ellie.
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Appearance:[/b] Mid twenties, slight and wirey frame. About 5'7, with long black hair down to her mid-back. Blunted, straight across bangs. Very pale skin. Generally has a blank, serious expression on her face.

[b]Society:[/b] Mage Knight
[b]Armor:[/b] White robes with black edging and stitching, wears black tights underneath. Obi-like sash. Light chain mail underneath robes.
[b]Weapon:[/b] Large staff, nearly as tall as she is. Made up of two intertwining branches of different colours, the top holds a clear stone.
[B]Abilities:[/B] Telekinetic sort of abilities; Ellemere can create a shield out of air for a limited amount of time, as well as create a bubble around something, and compress it, potentially crushing her foe. Doesn't work on the strongest of enemies, but it's a sort of paralysis that can be used while her teammates get ready to deal the final blow. She is also very adept at learning new magical skills, and knows limited spells dealing with all elements.

[font=times][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Name: Llyra Sol

Appearance: see attachment. Long hair, doesn't always wear the mask, only uses it when attempting to see very long distances. As for her silver/grey skin, Llyra is unsure whether it is the product of too much magical enhancement or the byproduct of an experiment done on her by the organization that went horribly wrong due to either their ignorance or negligence. No other Hunter has ever developed the skin, and while she doesn't mind so much [her eyes are usually closed all the time], others find it frightening.

Society: Mage Knight

Armor: Reinforced robes, silk and then heavier material over it to protect against the elements. Her skin is slightly tougher than the average human's, or even the average Hunter's, able to withstand the typical slice of claws with less slicing and more of just scratching.

Weapon: Sheaf of whatever long stemmed plant or twig she's picked up for the day or week. She tends to use living plants as her wands for channelling the flow of magic.

Abilities: Long range sensing, the ability to detect the flow of demonic power through a body. The less power she outputs, the better she can sense others. By being weak, she can predict attacks, sense changes in mood, and can alter her own to suit. Essentially, she can manipulate demons and humans alike, as well as use her own form of attacking with enhanced magical abilities to augment her own fighting abilities.[/COLOR][/font]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Woohoo!

[B]Name:[/B] Leone, or Leo for short.
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Appearance:[/B] Appears to be in his twenties. He has a shaggy silver hair and slanted asian-like eyes. He's also got a bit of a tan from training outside so much. Stands around 5'10".

He's very fit and healthy as far as his body goes. He uses absolutely no weapons or magic so he must keep his body in top shape to even deal damage to a Yoma.

[B]Society:[/B] First Offensive
[B]Armor:[/B] [url=http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2946/leonezy3.png]Here[/url]. The robe is either buttoned up or taken off completely before battle so it doesn't get in his way. The necklace is usually around his neck but can be wrapped around his fist for a boost of magic attack.
[B]Weapon:[/B] Leone uses his own fists and feet to fight.
[B]Abilities:[/B] Extremely agile and quick to attack. He'll just hurl punch after kick after punch after kick until he wears the Yoma down to nothing.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I love Claymore - of course I'll join!

[B]Name[/B]: Joseph Crim
[B]Gender[/B]: Male
[B]Appearance[/B]: Joseph is a mid-height but well-built man who looks to be in his late twenties or early thirties. He has a slight beard and lengthy brown hair that he keeps tied back. His eyes are bold and have been said to bear into the soul of whoever he looks at. He has a charming smile and a handsome face.

[B]Society[/B]: Last Line
[B]Armor[/B]: Large brass shoulder guards, ankle guards, hip guards. Otherwise he tries to remain light so that he can strike quicker.
[B]Weapon[/B]: Battle axe. It?s about 3 feet long and the axe is 2 sided with large blades.
[B]Abilities[/B]: Joseph usually goes into battle headstrong and relies on his skill in dodging and striking back with great timing. If he doesn?t land a critical blow the first time, he is more than ready to follow up any strike the opponent has. He has also been known to momentarily paralyze enemies with fear by looking into his eyes.[/COLOR]

Did I read Final Fantasy? Count me in! XD

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Name:[/B] Kallisto
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Description:[/B] (see attachment, picture by [url=http://unseelieallure.deviantart.com]UnseelieAllure@deviantArt[/url])
Kallisto is a veteran Hunter, nearing her forties. One would think that she would be looked up to in the organization, but her ruthlessness and cruel sense of humor turn people off. Her ancestral roots lie in the deep jungles of [B]Mayalore[/B], most of which has been cut down by invaders over the centuries.

Her dark skin and pure white hair are eye-turners everywhere she walks. The decades spent as a Hunter has honed her skills with the bow and arrows to the peak, but still she enjoys challenging other archers to compete against her. It goes without saying that humiliation is her favorite hobby.

[B]Armor:[/B] Kallisto prefers to wear light, skin-tight clothes that don't bother her performance, colors of which vary depending on the situation. While amongst people, she dresses in white, but when out in the wild, she blends to the surroundings with green and brown, and pulls a hood to cover her white hair.
[B]Weapon:[/B] Longbow with enchanted arrows
[B]Abilities:[/B] Aside from being a master archer, Kallisto has a wide selection of customized arrows to choose from. Those with a silver point work well against lycanthropes, and burning ones can be used to ignite the fur of the great beasts. of course she also relies on the classic poisoned arrows, as well. Her dream is to find a magician who could make her arrows that never miss.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Name: Sergei Fireseal

Appearance: Spiky brown hair with a long ponytail coming out of the back. He looks to be in his mid twenties. His clothes resemble that slightly of a holy knight, with long robes and a very high collar. [URL="http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs15/300W/f/2007/076/a/9/_HolyOrder__by__coey_.jpg"]By *-coey[/URL]

Society: Last Line

Armor: A full body beast leather suit which is mostly under a robe. His chest is covered by chain mail, although this isn't visible.

Weapon: a heavy broadsword which he keeps behind his back. He can hold it with one hand and it's broadside can actually double as a shield.

Abilities: Pyrokinesis. He can't shoot fireballs, but he can do other things such as charge a punch or his weapon with flames and set fire to objects he touch.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#5d0b08] Name: Zekeal lucis

Appearance: Appears to be in his mid twenties, he has brown hair that flows down to his neck which partially covers his eyes. For the most part a rather pale looking toned body despite being outside often. He stands just about Six feet tall. His face is rather slim with amber colored eyes.

Society: Mage Knight

Armor: [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/images/screenshots/26092.jpg"]click[/URL] His robes have a dominate red and black coloring to it despite the nature of his abilities. Despite its looks its quite sturdy and can withstand a basic claw or scratch attack from a beast. Yet this is still no match for that of a sword or bow when wielded by an opponent.

Weapon: [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/images/screenshots/27185.jpg"]click [/URL] His weapon is a simple purple colored staff with what looks like two diamond shaped stones that seem to glow radiate a black glow.

Abilities: Being an unusual kind of Mage Knight, Zekeal doesn?t excel in either attack power or defensive power. He usually uses ice magic, which depending how used, can be offensive or defensive. Anything from bolts of sharpened ice shards to a barrier of a thick glacier can be created and wielded by him. This magic however pales in comparison to other mages who excel in one of these aspects.
-------

I'll fine tune some things when I get back but this is mostly it.
[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Tahoma"]Okay, because I only want a limited number of RPers in this, here's what I'm doing...

The First Offensive spots are all filled by Myself, Adas (who helped me make the RP) and Sandy. There are two Mage Knights (Anomoly and Raiha) so you can sign-up for a third if you want but the chances are lower than if you sign-up for The Last Line (where there is only 2007DB accepted).

Malkav, you're not being rejected for your spot in The Last Line yet but you may want to consider revising your sign-up (spelling, typos etc).

I'm not adding any more societies so BK, Premonition and Ikillion you guys can either take a shot for Mage Knights are basically comfirm yourself as a Last Line. :)

[b]Accepted:[/b]
Sandy
2007DigitalBoy
Anomoly
Neuvoxraiha
Adas[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White'][COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Tahoma"]Okay, because I only want a limited number of RPers in this, here's what I'm doing...

The First Offensive spots are all filled by Myself, Adas (who helped me make the RP) and Sandy. There are two Mage Knights (Anomoly and Raiha) so you can sign-up for a third if you want but the chances are lower than if you sign-up for The Last Line (where there is only 2007DB accepted).
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope that the groups of 3 to 6 Hunters consist of members from all societies, in order to have a balanced party. I assume this was your idea in the first place, but I'm just checking...

[SIZE="1"]Sounds interesting. I'd never heard of a manga called Claymore.

[b]Name:[/b] Gaius

[b]Gender:[/b] Male

[b]Appearance:[/b] With piercing silver eyes, barely perceptible dark brown hair shaved closely to his skull and a perpetual look of grim dissatisfaction, one would be forgiven for assuming Gaius to be a member of a religious brotherhood, though in reality nothing could be further from the truth.

Physically tall and broad, Gaius is the kind of man who people answer questions to very quickly and very honestly for fear of a violent retort to insolence. His skin is neither very pale nor very tanned, sitting somewhere in the region between the two, though worn from decades of fighting and social isolation.

[b]Society:[/b] Last Line

[b]Armor and Weapon:[/b] [url=http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/168/0/f/Heavy_armor_Design_by_zionenciel.jpg]Armour and Weapon[/url] by [url=http://zionenciel.deviantart.com/]Zionenciel[/url]

As above. As is the case with all Last Line members, Gaius fights in heavy plate armour with an accompanying sizable sword. Forged of a dusky coloured metal, the armour is in direct contrast to the bright steel from which his weapon is composed.

[b]Abilities:[/b] Enhanced strength and endurance. Even by Hunter standard?s Gaius is considered to be unusually strong and resilient, given his ability to wield both his choice weapon and his predilection for fighting multiple enemies in close combat at once.[/SIZE]

[color=navy][b]Name:[/b] Leonardo Zümort
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Appearence:[/b] Leonardo looks very caring at first glance. His blue eyes are that of a calm deep sea. His hair is black and it caresses his head like feathers on a bird. He is very tall and handsome, his beard; rough and trim. Despite his looks he is very cruel. His heart is covered with cold, black ice.

He treats his own allies like dirt and doesn't give help to those weaker than him. He only thinks for himself. The reason he is rutheless to others is because someone close to him killed his wife. She was the only person who got him, no one else understood why he took so well to her.

[b]Society:[/b] Last line

[b]Armor:[/b] He has a small armor on him, but the armor is very heavy. The armor is gold and has silver leather under the chainmail. h si strong enough to carry tis armor aroudn like it was a bag of feathers.

[b]Weapon:[/b] Weilds a claymore. He is able to weild it either one-handed or two-handed. Has a small knife for cutting objects with, usually rope. The blade is 8 feet long and is also made of gold.

[b]Abilities:[/b] Fights very calmly and thinks before he strikes. But he will go into a battle recklesely. Usually fighting those stronger than him. Can daze enemies by flicking them with his fingers. He is very defensive of his own body. Enemies can feel the cold steel with every hit that they take. [/color]

[COLOR="crimson"][SIZE="1"][b]Name:[/b] Aleksander Erswicht.
[b]Gender:[/b] Male.
[b]Appearance:[/b] [url=http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9290/colonelsheppardef0.jpg]Click here.[/url] Aleksander wears relatively simple clothes, usually keeping himself to a light pair of leather or cloth shorts, with a lightweight tunic of a dark grey or blue color. A necklace is often draped around his neck, a simple chain design forged from sterling silver. On the end of the necklace hangs a garnet, his birthstone. On his right middle finger is a black obsidian band with silver words etched across the band.

While compared to his other Hunters Aleksander is normal by all basic appearances, on his stomach is a large scar that replicates itself on the same position on his back. He says that it was simply an accident while training with a fellow hunter, but others suspect something more. His somewhat regular skin tone is a healthy peach, and Aleksander neither tans nor burns.

[b]Society:[/b] Mage Knight.

[b]Armor:[/b] Aleksander's robes are a mixture between comfort and combat. Lightweight, they allow the greatest ease of movement on the field of combat. However, small crystals inside of the robes can be used to help him focus his magical powers. They are predominately viridian and white, with the viridian being the main color and white making up the cuffs and the sash around his waist.

[b]Weapon:[/b] [url=http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7687/1182975691734kg1.gif]Alek's weapon.[/url] Aleksander has a strange weapon; one side his bladed, and the other side, while different from the shaft, is simply a piece of curved wood. Aleksander uses the bladed end for physical fighting, and the curved side as both a way to change up attacks, and to channel magic.

[b]Ability:[/b] Aleksander specializes in offensive magic, preferring to use the power of lighting fire together to create things such as plasma storms and heat lightning. While he does know how to use several other elements, he doesn't much care for them. As an elemental focus, Aleksander can also call down torrential rains and winds.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[b]OOC:[/b] I'll understand if I don't get accepted. =3

[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Georgia"][b][u]Name:[/b][/u] Full name is Kyzallis, but most call him Ky.
[b][u]Gender:[/b][/u] Male
[b][u]Appearance:[/b][/u] Ky has the appearance of a late teenager (around 18 or 19). His silver eyes are still fairly bright with youth, and contrasts his long, shaggy jet black hair perfectly. He is both tall, and very lean. When not in battle, he wears simple clothing that doesn't restric his movement too much - he thouroughly enjoys running.

[b][u]Society:[/b][/u] First Offensive
[b][u]Armor:[/b][/u] Light Leather Armor. It's strong enough to deflect slight blows or nicks from arrows, but isn't strong enough to hold back a direct hit. The armor itself is very light, and allows for fairly good flexelibity during battle.
[b][u]Weapon:[/b][/u] Despite having two swords, Ky usually only uses one in battle. His first sword is simple, comprising of a leather-bound hilt, and a three foot straight blade made of iron. His second sword is a work of beauty - it's slightly curved blade seems to gleam in the sunlight (it's made of iron, but imbued with small amounts of silver to give it its glossy finish) and unike his previous sword, his second's hilt is encrusted with jewels, and has a ruby pommel. The latter sword rarely leaves its sheath at Ky's side. As well, Ky has a small horsebow, but has not yet perfected the skill of using it yet.

[b][u]Abilities:[/b][/u] Ky has enchanced reflexes - his reaction time is surprisngly good for someone of such young age. He is able to move quickly, react to enemy maeuvors and strike his own killing blows rapidly, one after another.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Sorry it took so long! At least it's up now. Can't wait to get started.

[color=white][CENTER][b]Name[/b]
Markanis Flamewind
[b]Gender[/b]
Male
[b]Appearance[/b]
[url=http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/382/markanisrpui7.jpg][COLOR="SandyBrown"]Click[/COLOR][/url]
For an elf, Markanis is unusually well built. He is a very muscular individual (although he is far from being what you would call a juggernaut), with a deeply tanned skin tone. He has a very sharp chin, with a finely trimmed goatee.
[B]Society[/B]
Mage Knight
[B]Armor[/B]
The way of the Dream Mage is the imagination; the very robe that Markanis wears would appear to be ripped right out of someone?s fantasy. It is stitched from light leather. Golden yellow and green spiral down the robe. His shoulders are padded with a dragon like symbol.
[B]Weapon[/B]
The weapon of the Dream Mage is not that of the blade, or even the crossbow. It is the user?s very own intellect and imagination. By tapping into their very own dreams, the mage is capable of creating the fantastic. Nightmares are re-imagined; fantasies are revealed. Additionally, the Dream Mage can tap into the dreams of their targets. Using this new found knowledge, the Dream Mage can use them as act of persuasion, torture, or even enslave the target.
[B]Abilities[/B]
Not a special skill in that others are incapable of acquiring it, Markanis is nonetheless a very persuasive character. May it be the tone of his voice, or how it may be that he has a way with words, he has been known to put an entire band of greedy bandits to ease.[/CENTER]
[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I hope I?m not too late to sign up for this; it sounds like a lot of fun. I hope I can be able to join. Oh, and also, baby name websites are [I]amazing[/I] if you?re having a hard time finding a name that suits your character. :3

[CENTER]* * *[/CENTER]

[B]Name:[/B] Melanctha Hurst (pronounced [B]Mel-an-cath-a[/B]) or just [B]Melan[/B]
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Appearance:[/B] [B]See below.[/B] Melan is in her early twenties (about 23), which people often mistake her for not being an able-bodied warrior. Her light-cerulean hair lengths to the middle of her back, bangs always on the side of the contour of her face and some strands in the front with a single braid pushed behind her right elfin ear. Melan?s eyes are of a deep blue , allowing others to see how graceful and elegant she really is. Her skin is fair yet lightly-tanned, which is from living in nature her whole life since she and her entire family are of the elven race. Aside from her black choker and silver earrings, Melan doesn?t wear much jewelry and she doesn?t plan to.

Melan is about 5?6?, about the size of an average female elf. Her body is slim, yet she can lift anything that is twice her size and weight because of her immense training. Even if she has a serious and graceful demeanor about her, Melan is actually happy-go-lucky and can be quite clumsy at times when with friends she trusts.

[B]Armor:[/B] Her bluish-black cape is worn around her neck, held onto by a golden accessory and laced with golden-trim. She has a lighter bluish-black cloth that hangs in front of her chest and ends at the beginning of her legs, which shields her from certain magic at times. She also has silver gauntlets covering her arms and legs to slightly protect them from sword slashes and other things. Other than that, she basically dodges everything when she can.
[B]Weapon:[/B][URL="http://www.dantesknife.com/Swords1.jpg"]Twin Swords.[/URL] She wears the two of them on her back in a black leather sheath, ready to pull them out at her whim.
[B]Abilities:[/B] She has a hidden ice power that when called upon, she lifts her hand upward violently and frozen jagged spikes arise from the ground. She may have other frozen abilities, but Melan doesn?t know about them yet.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][color=dimgray]Okay, the decisions have been made! Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of room for this many sign-ups. If I could have I would have accepted each one of you but there's only 5 or 6 spots available.[/color][/font]

[INDENT][SIZE="1"]White - Leone (FO)
Adas - Kyzallis (FO)
Keyblade Wielder - Melan (FO)

Anomaly - Ellemere (MK)
Neuvoxraiha - Llyra (MK)

2007DigitalBoy - Joseph (LL)[/SIZE][/INDENT]

[font=tahoma][color=dimgray]Thank you for signing-up! Those accepted please check the Underground ([url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=781370#post781370[/url]) for details on what to do next.[/FONT][/color]