OtakuBoards

Your anti-drug

songsofsorrow

[color=crimson]Personal choice is my anti-drug. I just choose not to do drugs. I have plenty of druggie friends though, they're alright. Couple of underage drinkers, plenty of smokers, a few neo-hippies.

Marijuana smells like crud though. I got into kind of a playful debate with this pothead who insisted it smelled good and I just couldn't agree with him, it smells horrendous. I was at my friend's house one time playing games and we had the sliding door from the outside into the room open for some fresh air. His roommate at the time started smoking pot and opened up the window in his room to air it out.. which was right next to the sliding door, lol. That smell just flooded into where we were and we had to ask him to close his window.

Stuff like cocaine, I know several people who have started doing cocaine and it utterly destroyed them. I'm cynical and I doubt that all of the people in this thread will stay drug free, especially people under the age of 18-20 who are just preaching what their parents and schools have told them to. If you do get into drugs watch out for cocaine and heroin, those two drugs are currently destroying a couple of acquaintances I know almost completely. Just stay away from that. It's trouble, that's one of those drugs where I can say I've watched a dramatic spiral downwards occur. No preaching, just what I've watched personally.

Shrooms, tokes, stuff like that is not something I have any strong opinion on. Haven't seen any destroyed lives from that kind of thing, those stories are out there though. If you choose to do that, go for it.

They've started selling Salvia around here recently in some shops, lol. That's a pretty fun legal drug from what I've heard. People tell me about the strangest trips though. This guy described how he was like part of this ball of humans. They were all naked, holding hands and feet and just rolling along the ground. I wasn't too sure of how to respond to that so I just chuckled at him. Might be worth a try for some people out there who like to trip, it's a pretty unique drug history wise. It was used by Shamans in Mexico to produce spiritual visions and has been legal in most States for a decade or more now. I guess that skirts by being part of your "anti drug" if you want it to. I love hearing people's trip stories so if you've got some, toss me a PM. They're always amusing.

The brain can produce some weird images with the right touch.[/color]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Flagg']I can't believe that nobody has said anime or manga yet.[/quote]Shh! It's not cool to admit you like those things here!

I think too hard about the possible consequences of things. That's why I used to be crap at crossing the road. "I can go now - but what if something comes around that corner? - Maybe I'll - no, now that car in the distance is too close - what if I got run over, would anyone visit me in hospital? - wait, how long have I been standing here? Where'd the moon come from?"

In short, indecision is my anti-drug.

(I can cross the road just fine now btw)

So in other words....you being not be able to decide on something is your anti-drug. If i puff this joint, will my mom get mad at me? Will she find out? What if I choke and die? Nah that doesn't happen. Can you swallow your tongue?

That's cool. That's probably the best anti-drug I've heard in a long time.

Oh and by the way, [B]I LIKE ANIME and MANGA!!![/B]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Some of you guys are so funny, lol. If you smoke pot you won't lose your personality, or forget to care for things. It doesn't strip you of your will to move. You can still do all the normal things you do when you aren't like that. It just makes what you normally would be doing more of an adventure. :)

I know you said no drugs as anti-drugs but I don't mean this in the sarcastic way. My anti-drug would be pot just because I've been using it for a quite a while now and because of it I have no urge to go into harder drugs since I don't need to.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Well, if you are too busy getting high on a couch in the basement, being selfish and not benefitting others, then yeah. My personality would be my anti-drug. Helping others and giving gifts are what I love to do best.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"]Well, if you are too busy getting high on a couch in the basement, being selfish and not benefitting others, then yeah. My personality would be my anti-drug. Helping others and giving gifts are what I love to do best.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I don't think pot makes you selfish >_> In fact, when you're high, you'll prolly love those people even more....[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I don't think pot makes you selfish >_> In fact, when you're high, you'll prolly love those people even more....[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]
Actually when your high you love Cheetos. My friend proved that fact. One thing I've always wondered,can Striex pads ake you high? My brother said they can, so did his girlfriend.[/COLOR]

[quote name='White'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Some of you guys are so funny, lol. If you smoke pot you won't lose your personality, or forget to care for things. It doesn't strip you of your will to move. You can still do all the normal things you do when you aren't like that. It just makes what you normally would be doing more of an adventure. :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Haha, well said. I have yet to hear any valid arguments against marijuana (and its legalization), so I don't really care about people doing that.

But as for the harder stuff, well, fear for the physical repercussions would be my anti-drug. I don't feel like dealing with LSD flashbacks or heroin/crystal meth addiction.[/size]

[quote name='Raiyuu']Shh! It's not cool to admit you like those things here!

I think too hard about the possible consequences of things. That's why I used to be crap at crossing the road. "I can go now - but what if something comes around that corner? - Maybe I'll - no, now that car in the distance is too close - what if I got run over, would anyone visit me in hospital? - wait, how long have I been standing here? Where'd the moon come from?"

In short, indecision is my anti-drug.

(I can cross the road just fine now btw)[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]Haha, me too! I still can't cross the road by myself, and I'm not very good at it even if someone else is leading the way.

But that's not really why I'm not into drugs. I've just never been interested in them and I'd rather keep my body free of any abusive substances, like drugs and alcohol. I guess I'm one of those apathetic people, combined with interest in the straight-edge lifestyle.
[/FONT]

[quote name='Flagg']I can't believe that nobody has said anime or manga yet. [/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] My anti-drug is INUYASHA! :catgirl: He is so cute like a dog. ^___^ And whenever I'm down I read lots of Sasunaru fanfics OTP!!!11[/color]

[quote name='White'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Some of you guys are so funny, lol. If you smoke pot you won't lose your personality, or forget to care for things. It doesn't strip you of your will to move. You can still do all the normal things you do when you aren't like that. It just makes what you normally would be doing more of an adventure. :)

[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] That is a LIE. I saw those Truth commercials, and whenever people do weed all they end up doing is to sit on the couch all day and not talk to friends! I think you definately loose your soul when you do pot...its just bad.[/color]

[quote name='Retribution'][size=1]Haha, well said. I have yet to hear any valid arguments against marijuana (and its legalization), so I don't really care about people doing that.
[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Lol, this seems familiar. We tackled that very subject in an OBS4 debate challenge. Our side was required to argue against the legalization, and despite whatever my personal feelings may be about it...we pretty much won the moment the first post went up ;P.

Personally, I don't care if people wanna smoke weed and whatever. I got friends that do it, it dun bother me despite not smoking myself. White is right to an extent, smoking may change the way you act or behave for some time, but essentially doesn't replace who you are or kill who you are. Does it have its adverse effects? Sure, of course. But I know a lot of people like White, who feel no need to do anything more because they get what they want from weed. So if it's serving as an anti-drug, then might as well view it like that.

My anti-drug is pretty much just the fact that there's no appeal in it for me. I have never needed anything of the sort to improve my life or make me feel better about something. Nobody has ever offered me and i've never been curious. I have known many people whose lives have changed drastically for the worse because of multiple drugs, such as dust or coke. It just seems like common sense to me to not be as stupid when you're faced with seeing those things happening to other people. Though it [i]is[/i] a lot easier to view things that way from the POV of someone who hasn't done anything to begin with. I also have known people who wanted to stop desperatley but just feel they cannot.

The only such addictions I have are things that I already know better my life, like girls and Quiznos.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]:animesigh Oh boy. Many responses. 8D
[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"]Well, if you are too busy getting high on a couch in the basement, being selfish and not benefitting others, then yeah. My personality would be my anti-drug. Helping others and giving gifts are what I love to do best.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I'm actually a lot closer to my friends when we smoke together. It strengthens our friendship and makes hanging out with eachother twice as fun. It also helps us open ourselves a bit and really express how we feel about things so as a result we never have any fights or drama.
[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="Navy"]
Actually when your high you love Cheetos. My friend proved that fact.[/color][/quote]
That's just because when you're high you have a greater appreciation for food in general. So don't smoke if you're on a diet. ;P
[quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray'] That is a LIE. I saw those Truth commercials, and whenever people do weed all they end up doing is to sit on the couch all day and not talk to friends! I think you definately loose your soul when you do pot...its just bad.[/color][/quote]
Lol, I think the best things to do smoking is exciting stuff (aka Missions, Adventures, Quests, Journeys). Like going out into the middle of the lake and smoking or walking through the dark forest to get some milk.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Honkey, please... Tell me more of your fascinating pot stories!

Oh, and another one of my anti-drug's is violence. Nothing like beating up another person to get out all the frustrations.

Personally, I don't do drugs for medical reasons. I understand that smoking will mess up my respiration and I know that if I ever want to fight professionally (soon hopefully) I'll be drug tested. So no can do. Maybe when those dreams fall out, haha. I have no quarrel with drugs (atleast not natural ones), and if I weren't an athlete, I'd probably smoke pot and the like.

I do know this, it doesn't ruin a personality. It makes you fun to talk with though. My friends are always fun high.[/color][/size]

[quote name='White'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]:animesigh Oh boy. Many responses. 8D

I'm actually a lot closer to my friends when we smoke together. It strengthens our friendship and makes hanging out with eachother twice as fun. It also helps us open ourselves a bit and really express how we feel about things so as a result we never have any fights or drama.

That's just because when you're high you have a greater appreciation for food in general. So don't smoke if you're on a diet. ;P

Lol, I think the best things to do smoking is exciting stuff (aka Missions, Adventures, Quests, Journeys). Like going out into the middle of the lake and smoking or walking through the dark forest to get some milk.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Is it bad that your posts make me [i]really[/i] want some weed?[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Is it bad that your posts make me [i]really[/i] want some weed?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1]...I absolutely second your sentiment.
I think White's got magical powers that are drawing us [b][i]TO TEH DARKSIDE!!1[/i][/b][/size]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]a) I'm with White. While I'm not in love with the idea of pot because I have seen it lead some people to harder stuff, it always depends on the person, which has been debated before in this very forum *laughs* If you like pot and that's all you're doing and you don't let it cut into other hobbies then I'm all for it.

b) Alcohol is my anti-drug. Well.. okay, that's a little redundant. Alcohol is categorized as a drug so I suppose that that's not the best wording =P Before people jump all over me, I'm 17 and the legal age for drinking here in Alberta is 18, so I'm not that far off. I'm always responsible when I drink, I haven't been drinking long, and I don't drink on a regular basis. I just really like the feeling of being drunk; it's fun and that's all I need if I'm looking for something out of the ordinary, so I guess you could say alcohol is what keeps me from trying things like pot, E, etcetera. Again, I'll restate, I don't have a problem with pot, I'm just not interested in trying it =3[/FONT]

[COLOR="Navy"]All this talk is making it so I want weed as well! I think White has sent subliminal messages though his posts. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="navy"]Actually my anti-drug isn't Coke... I hate Coke! Really my anti-drug is hitting m head on the table over and over, it makes it so I won't think about drugs. But after a while, I began to lose my motor skills, so I quit. But, after a while I will start again... sadly.

Actually I've built a dependence to nasal spray!>_> Sounds kinda weird, but I usually spray it into my nose once a day. My father says it can mess up the membrane in your nose. But picking it probably did that before the nasal spray. In fact, I love Vix products, the feeling inside your nose is soothing. I bring it into school even though I'm not allowed to.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]Well all this has only made my desire to [I]never[/I] use pot even stronger. :animesigh So now my other anti drug is not doing it so I never end up posting and saying... [I]I smoke pot/do this illegal drug/whatever[/I]... Works for me. With every post that goes up that it's just fine or it's okay. The less attractive it becomes. :sick:

[B]EDIT:[/B] For those of you who missed it. I'm trying to be sarcastic/funny not condescending. I really have no desire to do drugs, ever. So for me posting about it or telling someone would suck. >_< Because I've made my choice to never do them.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"]Well all this has only made my desire to [I]never[/I] use pot even stronger.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Stop sounding condescending.

It doesn't make you superior to not do marijuana or other 'soft' drugs. It does not make you superior to do them.

Personal choice, that's all.[/color]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="Navy"]Now, don't get me wrong! would never do pot, ever, but you kind of get that desire.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I can say that now, but as soon as I'm not living with my parents anymore, all bets are off. I'm peer pressures ***** and I hang out with those goth stoner kids, too. It's probably only a matter of time >_> plus I know the local weed spot and I can easily get some...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]Stop sounding condescending.

It doesn't make you superior to not do marijuana or other 'soft' drugs. It does not make you superior to do them.

Personal choice, that's all.[/color][/QUOTE]:animesigh You want me to lie? I'm not trying to be condescending. I don't think I'm superior. I honestly [B]never [/B]want to see myself admitting that I took illegal drugs. whether it's here at the boards or to another person. So my choice is to never do them.

Personal choice, that's all.

[B]EDIT:[/B] Oh and I've updated my previous post, since I was trying to be sarcastic/funny, not condescending. [/COLOR]