OtakuBoards

Your anti-drug

songsofsorrow

hey everybody just wondering what your anti-drugs were/are

first a couple of rules
no using drugs as anti-drugs
leave your comments to yourself unless there constructive
and finally try not to be "dumb"

personally my anti-drug is life because its to good to mess up with drugs.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='songsofsorrow']first a couple of rules
no using drugs as anti-drugs[/QUOTE][quote name='The Boss'][color=darkred][size=1]

Sex and Vodka do me just fine. Who needs drugs when you got that?[/color][/size][/QUOTE][color=#db2007]=p

Anyway, it's been a long time since I've seen an "Antidrug" commercial. Is an "anti-drug" something that you do [i]instead[/i] of drugs, or is it a specific thing you do/person you know that is a reason that you don't do drug?

Because those are slightly (sometimes significantly) different things.[/color]

[SIZE="1"]The thought of sleeping with a woman half my age when I get to fifty is my anti-drug.

As you might imagine, that may or may not be a joke, I've not decided yet, come back at fifty and I'll tell you.[/SIZE]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"][U]O|T|A|K|U|B|O|A|R|D|S[/U] - My anti-drug.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=blue]What he said.

No, seriously though? I'm not going to do them. The only reason I need is because it's stupid and I want to be healthy.[/color]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='songsofsorrow;782696]hey everybody just wondering what your anti-drugs were/are[/QUOTE]None, you don't need an anti-drug if you have no interest in them. Pretty basic and simple really. Though I'm assuming you are referring to illegal drugs and not legal. In which case I can't do without my inhaler. Not being able to breathe doesn't work very well. [QUOTE=songsofsorrow']first a couple of rules
no using drugs as anti-drugs
leave your comments to yourself unless there constructive
and finally try not to be "dumb".[/QUOTE]Actually that won't work, there are drugs used to treat addictions to different types of illegal drugs as well as legal ones. So technically, someone's anti-drug could be the one used to treat that addiction.

Also, no need for the warning about comments or being constructive, that's expected around here and it's the mod's job to enforce it. So it's not needed in your posts. And we discourage it actually since it's considered back seat modding. Also, don't assume someone's response is 'dumb' before you even read it. That goes along the lines of not giving good comments. Or rather one that you should have kept to yourself.[quote name='songsofsorrow']personally my anti-drug is life because its to good to mess up with drugs.[/QUOTE]So how about going a little further into that? What is it about life that makes it worth while. What things in your life make you want to avoid illegal drugs? It's usually a good idea to put more into your opening post since it helps to get things going since we do expect people to put more effort into their posts. ;)[/COLOR]

Video Games and Dial-Up: my anti-drugs:

Between these two, I have no time for drugs. Add into the mix the fact that my mom keeps kicking me off every five minutes to check her e-Mail or answer the phone, I barely have time for Dial-Up. My DS Lite needs Social interaction! Get me Wireless! Plus, I figure Harvest Moon is way more fun than sitting on a couch half-naked, half-baked and half-dead. No Coke for me. I'll take Pepsi.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='songsofsorrow']just wondering what your anti-drugs were/are.[/QUOTE]That would be are, since I've never done illegal drugs. ;) But probably the thing that keeps me from even being tempted would be all the horrid car wrecks I saw when I was working as a truck driver. Most of them were from normal mistakes and plenty were from drunk drivers, but those handful caused by someone who was wasted do stand out. Though plenty of other ones were pretty awful as well.

Still, I've seen everything from cars completely crushed when the people are still inside crushed as well, to body parts strewn all over the freeway. It's not pretty. It's annoying as all get out since unlike smaller cars that can be diverted easily, you can't reroute a semi all the time, so often I've had no choice but to drive through a very narrow corridor past the accident in question when I would have rather gotten off the freeway and taken a detour.

I'm not saying all illegal drug use leads to that, but I've no interest in being a part of something that's better off left alone to begin with. And I'd certainly wouldn't mind seeing a decrease in car accidents regardless of the cause. There wasn't a day I drove that I didn't see at least one or two accidents. [/COLOR]

I have two anti - drugs. The first: My mind. Whether there's anything up there or not, I'd like to keep what I do have. I can't help myself. I love math, english, logic, social science, chemistry, philosophy, anything that I can occupy my mind with. I don't have that many friends (mostly other [STRIKE]nerds[/STRIKE] intellectuals.)

The other one is music. I love playing the viola, and have for many years. There's no way I'll ruin it now by taking drugs.

[QUOTE]Originally by Fasteriskhead: Cops are my anti-drug.[/QUOTE]

Make that 3 good anti-drugs

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]None, you don't need an anti-drug if you have no interest in them. Pretty basic and simple really. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I suppose it could be said that apathy is our anti-drug. ; )[/color]

I can't believe that nobody has said anime or manga yet. Well I guess my anti-drugs would include watching anime, playing my guitar, and sitting in front of my comp doing various things. They keep me busy and I thus have no desire to do anything else except those things.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]I suppose it could be said that apathy is our anti-drug. ; )[/color][/QUOTE]If it's towards illegal drugs, that would fit. Though that apathy ends when it comes to passing laws to keep them off the streets. But for taking them? Meh!

Though in the spirit of the thread I'd say mine is reading. I'd rather read science fiction books and fantasy novels than use some silly substance to make me feel like I'm taking some 'trip' or whatever the hell it is those drugs do to you. I have no intention of finding out.

Besides, if I was high, who'd take care of my dog? I'd cry if anything happened to her because I was too 'wasted' to make sure she was cared for. [/COLOR]

[size=1]I'm a college student and I wait tables for a living. Even if I wanted to do drugs I probably couldn't afford them. I'd much rather use that money on things like food and spoiling my English Bulldog.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I'm a college student and I wait tables for a living. Even if I wanted to do drugs I probably couldn't afford them. I'd much rather use that money on things like food and [b]spoiling my English Bulldog.[/b]

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE][color=#db2007]Who is adorable. By the way.

But yeah, I simply have no interest in drugs. I occasionally get an espresso drink, but that's about it...[/color]

[COLOR="Navy"]Coke is my anti-drug, cause I can't stand Pepsi. I mean come on, does Pepsi have a "zero" cola that is better than Coka-Cola Zero? I think not. Vault, the Mt. Dew substitute has a very sweet Zero. The flavor gets icky after a while, but it's refreshing cold. Even though nothing beats regular vault.

Plus what soda put a little amount of cocaine into their soda decades ago? None, besides coke that is. Cheers coke, keep on popping![/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="Navy"]Coke is my anti-drug, cause I can't stand Pepsi. I mean come on, does Pepsi have a "zero" cola that is better than Coka-Cola Zero? I think not. Vault, the Mt. Dew substitute has a very sweet Zero. The flavor gets icky after a while, but it's refreshing cold. Even though nothing beats regular vault.

Plus what soda put a little amount of cocaine into their soda decades ago? None, besides coke that is. Cheers coke, keep on popping![/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]In Australia we have Pepsi Max, which is the same concept as Coke Zero and beat it to the punch by about, oh, 12 years. And it's delicious.[/font][/color][/size]

Y'know I work at Albertson's and they just released it here Stateside cause I just saw it on our shelves. Huh...weird.

Ironically, because band members are known for drug addictions, being able to play music is my antidrug because when I have a bad day, I can hammer out "Cowboys from Hell" on my guitar and feel really good afterwards. I'm also allergic to something in tobacco products, so I think smoking reefer would bust me out in hives as well as get me high so that's out. Who wants hives? :P

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]In Australia we have Pepsi Max, which is the same concept as Coke Zero and beat it to the punch by about, oh, 12 years. And it's delicious.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

Pepsi MAX is nasty... as are all diet sodas.. but that one particularly... :) fake sugar: it's just not the same.

I'd say the internets are my anti-drug... or my drug of choice, depending on how you look at it...