Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="Sienna"][FONT="Tahoma"]Right now I'm listening to [B]Whisper[/B] by[B] Evanescence[/B]. >_>

Don't look at me like that. They just happen to have a few songs that I actually like. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh! I love that song! I have the CD that has it!

Right now I'm listening to Six Feet From the Edge by Creed.:catgirl: Please, no swearing at me, Vicky!:animedepr
Posted
[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]I'm listening to this [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCQ727Rw-6Q"]Black Lagoon Full OP[/URL] since I started watching Black Lagoon this morning. It was on my list of anime to watch over the holiday. This song had become a must have for my collection. The anime is looking like it will go on my list as well.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
Virgin Records Music Stores are officially closing all locations across the U.S. by the end of this year, and the discounts are unbelievable.

Just last week I bought the [B]Velvet Underground box set[/B] (without whom, we would not have Rock and Roll in the form that it is today), [B]The Doors box set[/B], [B]Mothership[/B] (a mini-box set for Led Zeppelin), [B]Appetite For Destruction [/B]by Guns 'n Roses, a[B] Buzzcocks [/B]compilation, and a [B]Jeff Buckley [/B]CD all for $150. An unbelievable price.

So this past week I've been listening to:
[img]http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:2g56KYj6GG4xsM:http://www.amiright.com/album-covers/images/album-The-Velvet-Underground-The-Velvet-Underground--Nico.jpg[/img]
[b]The Velvet Underground box set[/b]

The Velvet Underground began making records around 1966. There influence spreads to enormously popular musicians, such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, and thousands more.

Unfortunately, The Velvet Underground were not well renowned in their time, but are now considered by many the most influential band in Rock 'n Roll history.

[b]AND[/b]

[img]http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:fy5eOuDE10YXlM:http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7726/073bc060ada0fa6bba27911ff8.jpg[/img]
[b]The Doors box set[/b]

This set includes each Doors album, as well as a booklet giving a synopsis of The Doors' history and influence around the time of each album. It also comes with a DVD with two videos for each album.

The Doors are a must when exploring the musical revolution that was the 60s. They explored the dark side of reality while most other pop bands were writing love songs in the major scale. Don't misunderstand me, the Doors had a large amount of love songs, but not necessarily in the same vein as, let's say, The Beatles.
Posted
Right now I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWq0cw0oTMI"][U]Sargasso Sea[/U][/URL] by Suzanne Ciani. The cello part is quite pretty and so far I like it. It's a bit simplistic but still has a nice calm feel to it.
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I was having a weird day yesterday, so I was mainlining Korn's "Issues" album, no particular song really, just them in general.

Right at this second though I'm listening to libertarian talk radio, Quinn and Rose's Warroom in the morning.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]Right now I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR7mWZuFYsQ"][U]Diablo Swing Orchestra - Heroines[/U][/URL] I only recently learned about this group and I've been enjoying checking out what they have. It's not a lot, but so far I like what I've listened to. Don't let the name fool you. They're a Swedish avant-garde metal band. =P[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
La Ritournelle by Sebastien Tellier.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu1fTcGdS8A&feature=related[/url]

I can continue listening to the first part of this song all the time. The string arrangement is beautiful.
Posted
Shadow of Death Hotel by Barry Adamson.

It's a great instrumental. A lot of jazz influence of course.

[url]http://www.imeem.com/groups/CO6_mHKy,barry_adamson//music/-8ZHMiV1/barry_adamson_shadow_of_death_hotel/[/url]
Posted
Lately I've been listening to Artist called

[B]Coheed&Cambria, All That Remains, Trivium, Quietdrive, and Linkin Park.[/B]

But there are those things i still listen to like, Will Smith, Vanessa Carlton, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS! and the good ol' stuff
Posted
[quote name='Dirti_Munky']The entire collected works of anything to do with Final Fantasy games and Nobuo Uematsu

1.3 GB done, 6.55 GB to go[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I recommend the piano version of Besaid Island and The Travel Agency. Both were lovely.

Right now I'm listening to artist Plumb's debut album, song "Willow Tree."[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNLKeynTo5Q"][U]Meadowland[/U][/URL] by Amethystium. Just a fairly simple and yet relaxing electronica/synth song to listen to. It's something Beth sent me the link to since I'm not familiar with this group at all.
Posted
[COLOR="DimGray"]Listening to [b]Imagine[/b] by Brunch a lot lately. It's a far superior response to John Lennon's horrid anthem, and in Japanese, too.

You may know it as that song that plays during there she is!!!! final step, the best flash animation of all time.[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]"Get The Balance Right." A Depeche Mode remix by Scaras.

A bunch of goth industrial bands got together to do a bunch of Depeche Mode covers, so I'd recommend tracking down "A Goth Electro Tribute To Depeche Mode" if you can. Shiny Toy Guns did a cover of "Stripped" that is incredible, also findable on youtube.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]Finally, as That Blazing Sun Shone Down Upon Us, Did We Know That True Enemy Was the Voice of Blind Idolatry; and Only Then Did We Begin to Think for Ourselves[/B] by the Red Sparowes.

It's incredible.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...