OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
After the little random moment that was Alvin and the Chipmunks, I went to something more soothing.... Atleast I think it is... "shrugs"

Precious is your Name - Chaka Kahn (Khan?) and Richard Smallwood. (Favorite song)

That lady has some powerful wind pipes. (And she has a good voice... good stuff right here.) And then the choir just makes it sound even more soothing.

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]I just got done making this playlist for my special someone for this weekend. What I have actually been listening a lot lately is the song played during a Skate 2 commercial [B]Icne Icne[/B] by Selda. It?s cool, especially the guitar riff.

My mix for V-day.
1. Happy Valentine?s Day ? Outkast
2. Smiley Faces ? Gnarls Barkley
3. Make My Day ? Common
4. The Last Time ? Gnarls Barkley
5. Tropical ? AtomicInc. Yep, Techno in a Valentine?s mix. That?s how I roll.
6. DayDreamin? ? Lupe Fiasco feat. Jill Scott
7. Foxey Lady ? Jimi Hendrix
8. Love Song ? 311
9. Morris Brown ? Outkast
10. Chronomentrophobia ? Outkast
11. Feel Good Icc. ? Gorillaz
12. Jammin ? Bob Marley
13. Three Little Birds ? Bob Marly
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][B]Band of Horses[/B]; "The Funeral"

This song is magical. It wakes you up in the middle of the night if you are heartbroken. I know this from experience. And I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Magical, I tell you.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I just got done with Hanger 18 by Megadeth and Disarm by the Smashing Pumpkins. I've always liked this song, but had no idea about what CD it was on. But when I hooked my MP3 into my friend's computer, her Smashing Pumpkins CD (along with an Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots CD) were synched onto my MP3.

I've passed by Coheed & Cambria phase and moved onto Between the Buried and Me Now all I need is their cover album 'The Anatomy of...' and I'll be all set. I mean, they have a killer version of Bicycle Race by Queen, and that's just cool. About a month or two ago, I bought Colors Live. The live DVD and CD were excellent, in fact I enjoyed the live versions even more than the album version. (Except for Mordecai which I like either way.)

Now I think I'm going to listen to Blood Meat by Protest the Hero...[/FONT]

Ever since my soul has been saved by "Under the Radar" magazine, I've been listening to a lot of extreme indies. (Not to mention that, since I bought tickets to Bonnaroo, I've been trying to listen to as many of the unknowns as possible in preparation for the concert) Some of them, I was already familiar with, but there are a lot of new ones that I'm equally pleased to add to my iPod...

Just to name a few:
Jenny Lewis
Now Now Every Children
Andrew Bird
Zach Nichols
Neko Case
Every Good Boy
Faded Paper Figures
Bon Iver
etc...

These past couple of months have really been a musical awakening for me!

[quote name='Darren']Ever since my soul has been saved by "Under the Radar" magazine, I've been listening to a lot of extreme indies. (Not to mention that, since I bought tickets to Bonnaroo, I've been trying to listen to as many of the unknowns as possible in preparation for the concert) Some of them, I was already familiar with, but there are a lot of new ones that I'm equally pleased to add to my iPod...

Just to name a few:
Jenny Lewis
Now Now Every Children
Andrew Bird
Zach Nichols
Neko Case
Every Good Boy
Faded Paper Figures
Bon Iver
etc...

These past couple of months have really been a musical awakening for me![/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I love these kind of artists. Ahh. I envy you, since I would totally love to go to Bonnaroo.. /: I can't make it though.

I'm listening to "Eleven, Eleven" by my very own band [b]I Was the Red Wine of 1955[/b]. I listen to our new songs very often, to see how I can improve them, before the release of our CD [I]Lions[/I]. Lately we've been getting a staggering amount of listens... Makes us feel nice and what not, haha. Our music isn't for everyone considering it's all one big experimentation with numerous genres of music, like electronic, to screamo, to prog and math, but at least Clurr likes our stuff, ha. :] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Right now I'm listening to When Broken is Easily Fixed by Silverstein. I got this song with a Victory Records sample CD that came with my Between the Buried and me CD. I'm in the mood for this kind of music. Next I'll probably listen to The Devil Wears Prada or A Hero A Fake. A Hero A Fake is some new band that came out with a CD a while ago. Most likely though, I'll listen to BTBAM.

If only I could get my Circle Takes the Square CD to download so I could put it on my MP3. Sadly, the CD sucks and the only complete song I can listen to on it is A Crater to Cough In, which is one of my favorite CTTS songs. I'm just dying for them to release Ritual of Names, or whatever their next album is called. [/FONT]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][FONT="Tahoma"]
If only I could get my Circle Takes the Square CD to download so I could put it on my MP3. Sadly, the CD sucks and the only complete song I can listen to on it is A Crater to Cough In, which is one of my favorite CTTS songs. I'm just dying for them to release Ritual of Names, or whatever their next album is called. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I love that CD. It's their best work, considering the only other stuff they've done in their split with Pg. 99, their self-titled, as well as being featured on 65daysofstatic's "Conspiracy of Seeds". All of it's good, either way. Ritual of Names has been in the works since right after As the Roots Undo. It's 2009 now, so that's about four years. It's all cause of lineup changes. I'm looking forward to it, even though it's a little bit different than their past stuff...

I'm listening to The Jonbenet.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Currently listening to the Souvenir of Tokyo video - a live performance of various songs from the Cowboy Bebop OST with Yoko Kanno and her extended jazz band the Seatbelts. It's an absolutely amazing concert. Even though the video looks like it was shot in the 70s, the sound quality is superb and the performance is movingly great. True jazz brilliance from Bass Queen Yoko Kanno.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-TAxm00jOg&feature=channel[/url]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Right now I'm going to listen to some random stuff. Right now I'm listening to Protest the Hero's Bloodmeat, which is some song about slaughter and virgins... a lot of the time virgins.

More random songs on my playlist...

Eriatarka - The Mars Volta
Zetseubo Billy - Maximum the Hormone
Mordecai - Between the Buried and Me
Sober - Tool
Reptar King of the Ozone - The Devil Wears Prada
Higinia - Blessthefall

Since I listen to my music most of the day, these should be the 1,000th time I've heard these songs collectively.

By the way, as long as CTTS is still amazing, I don't care if they went to soft rock. Well, I would care a bit... but you know.

EDIT: It seems that Bloodmeat is a song about Khanate, Jin and Genghis Kahn... go figure. I have no clue who Khanate is though?[/FONT]

I'm currently listening to this: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyUgKf9ofU0"][U]Rick Astley - Together Forever[/U][/URL] And since this is not music that I normally listen to... I blame reading this article here: [URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29279297/?pg=11#Tech_RickrollAlternatives"][U]Ten alternatives to the Rickroll[/U][/URL] o_O

Right now I'm listening to Believe Me by Fort Minor. Rest of the songs on this playlist:

Dota 2008 Remix - Basshunter
Dota - Basshunt
Right Here (Departed) - Brandy
Believe Me - Fort Minor
Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf
The House That Fire Built - Mae
Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
Map of the Problematique - Muse
In the Air Tonight - Nonpoint
English Summer Rain - Placebo
Club Inferno - Scarf!
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down (yeeeah old school)

A growing compilation of my favorite songs of all time. ♥

[quote name='Aberinkula'][FONT="Tahoma"]Right now I'm going to listen to some random stuff. Right now I'm listening to Protest the Hero's Bloodmeat, which is some song about slaughter and virgins... a lot of the time virgins.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I actually saw them live on the 7th with As I Lay Dying and The Human Abstract... You'd like The Human Abstract. :]

I'm listening to Bloc Party... They've maintained a spot in my top three for sometime now. I've got almost all their stuff except for [I]Always New Depths[/I] (I can't find it yet... :/).. Just really amazing band.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I actually saw them live on the 7th with As I Lay Dying and The Human Abstract... You'd like The Human Abstract. :]

I'm listening to Bloc Party... They've maintained a spot in my top three for sometime now. I've got almost all their stuff except for [I]Always New Depths[/I] (I can't find it yet... :/).. Just really amazing band.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I've heard at least a song or two by The Human Abtract, and what I heard was good. There are a fw bands out there I should really get into now that you mention it... By the way, I love PTH's lead singer, he has a good voice no matter what he's doing.

But my current favorite singer would have to be Tommy Rogers Jr. from Between the Buried and Me and Giles (Giles isn't heavy at al if you've heard Slumber Party). He has a great range. In aspirations when he hits the high notes, it's amazing. If BTBAM were just progressive rock, his vocals would get them places, I'm sure of it. Still, Claudio Sanchez is a brilliant vocalist.

Anyways, I'm listening to Sun of Nothing by BTBAM right now. And since prog is now in my mind, I'll be listening to Fair to Midland and Coheed soon.[/FONT]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][FONT="Tahoma"]I've heard at least a song or two by The Human Abtract, and what I heard was good. There are a fw bands out there I should really get into now that you mention it... By the way, I love PTH's lead singer, he has a good voice no matter what he's doing.

But my current favorite singer would have to be Tommy Rogers Jr. from Between the Buried and Me and Giles (Giles isn't heavy at al if you've heard Slumber Party). He has a great range. In aspirations when he hits the high notes, it's amazing. If BTBAM were just progressive rock, his vocals would get them places, I'm sure of it. Still, Claudio Sanchez is a brilliant vocalist.

Anyways, I'm listening to Sun of Nothing by BTBAM right now. And since prog is now in my mind, I'll be listening to Fair to Midland and Coheed soon.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Giles is an amazing singer (Not so much on screaming in the studio, but he does he hold up well live).. His best moments shine through on [I]The Silent Circus[/I], I think. It's funny though, when he was asked if he went in any new direction for vocals on that album he laughed and told the interviewer "No... we just took the old vocals and wrote new songs around them..", just joking of course. BTBAM are funny guys though, yeah.

Earlier I was listening to Coheed... Just their older album II, and then I listenened to [I]Where You Want to Be[/I] by Taking Back Sunday, and now I'm listening to [I]Return to Cookie Mountai[/I]n by TV on the Radio. Lots of good funky jams on this CD. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I just finished listening to Lip Gloss & Black, one of Atreyu's enjoyable songs. I mean, sure, I like them, but to be honest their old stuff isn't very enjoyable. However, I love the stuff from Lead Sails Paper Anchor. The cover of Epic, originally by Faith no More, is a fun song to listen to. Slow Burn, is another fun song too. Becoming the Bull is a Pretty energetic song and Falling Down is a good party song too... love the video. Now I know what you're thinking "Prem, those are just the singles!" But still...

Today I've been listening to Saosin quite a bit. Earlier I had no clue that Anthony Green [I]was [/I]a part of this band. In all honesty, I don't like his work with Avalon... unless that was just a song... but anyways. I'm interested in listening to The Sound of Animals Fighting as well. Anyways, Saosin is pretty good. Their song I Never Wanted to is pretty good, and I kind of liked Bury Your Head. Hopefully if I get chance to get on the school's computer, I'll listen to some more from them, as well a stuff from The Sound of Animals Fighting. Now that I remember, I might also check out Circa Survive, hopefully I'll like them as well.
[/FONT]