OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='John']I meant "make something spectacular of themselves" musically, not as it pertains to the state of actually being in a band. It seems like in most of the stuff nowadays, there's no honest passion behind the aggression--it's just being fast and heavy for the sake of being fast and heavy, and I prefer to listen to something that in some way, any way, justifies the aggression it displays. In fact, it was reading Minor Threat's lyrics and several of the early bands' stories that drew me to the genre when I had barely heard any of the music at all.[/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Well, the bands that I listen to in particular seem to have the passion thing down in my mind. There's alot of raw fury and anger in almost all of it.

Like this song:

[YOUTUBE=Suicide Silence - "No Pity For A Coward"]mPbo5GZEl_w[/YOUTUBE]

The intense anger is pretty evident to me. But maybe it's just not for you.[/color][/size]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Suicide Silence rawks my sawks. Bands like Suicide Silence, The Red Chord and the like are good to listen to when you're mad/angry/feeling energetic. Still, in my opinion, good ol' regular hardcore hits every lil' feeling for me.

In fact, I think I'm going to listen to Bring me the Horizon becase I love them. For Stevie Wonder's Eyes Only, Pray for Plagues, A Lot Like Vegas and their cover of Slipnot's Eyeless are great tunes.[/font]

[quote name='Toaster'][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"][CENTER][COLOR="red"]Waiting For My Ruka, by Sublime.

(:

"She said you're not the only one, but you're the best, Bradley."
<3 Haha.

:p[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color="darkgreen"] Wow, someone who actually listens to Sublime! I love the song Date Rape.

I'm listening to Pints of Guinness Make You Stronger by Against Me! I love that song. [/color]

[quote name='Jabberwocky'][font="Palatino Linotype"]
In fact, I think I'm going to listen to Bring me the Horizon becase I love them. For Stevie Wonder's Eyes Only, Pray for Plagues, A Lot Like Vegas and their cover of Slipnot's Eyeless are great tunes.[/font][/QUOTE]

BMTH is one of my favorites. I'm a big fan of most of their stuff. "Off The Heezay", "Eyeless", "Chelsea Smile", "The Comedown", etc. Great band, I own like three of their shirts. I really want to see them live.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]

BMTH is one of my favorites. I'm a big fan of most of their stuff. "Off The Heezay", "Eyeless", "Chelsea Smile", "The Comedown", etc. Great band, I own like three of their shirts. I really want to see them live.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Chelsea Smile is amazing. I plan on buying Suicide Season sometime after I get the Fort Minor CD and Fortress by Protest the Hero. Now, I don't like rap music, but I don't mind FM, they have two really good songs, Remember the Name and Where'd You Go. Seem's chliche, but I admire the ladder because I know what that's like.

Now, because I talk about Fear Before too much, I'm gunna purposly turn the song so I can talk about a different band for once. I just turned to Informal Gluttony by Between the Buried and Me. This song is in my top 5 BTBAM songs. I really enjoy them, and the live versions of this song is awesome. I love the first 1:30 of this song, espcially the drum in the beginning. It sounds like some weird tribal-jungle song. And don't forget the sound of monkeys at the end. Then it goes into Sun of Nothing and then Ants of the Sky... ah, great! Oh, and let's not forget Prequel to the Sequel which features guest vocals from... wait for it... wait for it...

Fear Before the March of Flames!

Wow, who could have guessed it?[/FONT]

I'm listening to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZD9nt_wsY0"][U]Symphony 40 in G min[/U][/URL] since it's been a long time since I did. Plus, it was always one of my favorites by him. Though that list of favorites is pretty long. o_O

[quote name='Botar'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][u] Bro, Ashleys Here,[/u] By Attack Attack! And you know what, its not that bad! Thanks Zen![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

The whole album is pretty good to me. But you're welcome.[/color][/size]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I was listening to [B]Love[/B] by [B]Sugarland[/B] from their [B]Love on the Inside [/B]CD But now I have[B] Out of My Mind[/B] by [B]SheDaisy[/B] from their [B]Taking the Wheel[/B] CD.

My friend's boyfriend says I should listen to some real country, I say he should stop playing in the giant sandbox that is Iraq and also stop wearing work boots with shorts. :animesmil[/color][/font][/size]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Besides killing myself with Fear Before like I have been for the past week, I've got a whooooooooooooooooooooooooooole bunch of music to listen to. I say 'whole' like that because I think I have about 60 CDs to listen to.

Some may say "this is a joke lolz!!!!!!!1!1@11" but I assure you it's not. My cousin gave me (On estime) 60 CD's, (GAVE me!) of disembowling metal/hardcore. Hellz to the yeah! because with it came two Darkest Hour CDs. And Darkest Hour is signed to Victory records who have a huge selection of great artists like BTBAM (my favorite band), The Autumn Offering and Atreyu.

Two other good artists that came with the collection are MachineHead and Strapping Young Lad.

Wish my ears and brain luck as they melt....[/FONT]

[quote name='Botar'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][u] Bro, Ashleys Here,[/u] By Attack Attack! And you know what, its not that bad! Thanks Zen![/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE="2"]Attack Attack is amazing. I'm heartily in love with them.

Right now? The new devil wears prada cd.
& Aside from that cd, I'm inlove with the song "Gettin Mine" but Al Kapone from that show 5 dollar cover, the only ep I've seen though is the one with the song in it.

uhh. yes I'm aware I have really odd taste in music.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='KawaiiSakura'][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE="2"]Attack Attack is amazing. I'm heartily in love with them.

Right now? The new devil wears prada cd.
& Aside from that cd, I'm inlove with the song "Gettin Mine" but Al Kapone from that show 5 dollar cover, the only ep I've seen though is the one with the song in it.

uhh. yes I'm aware I have really odd taste in music.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

*high fives*

You got good taste as well.

As for me, I've been listening to a good bit of [b]August Burns Red[/b] recently. A punishing metalcore band with a positive message from Syracuse, NY. Particularly enjoying the songs "Your Little Suburbia Is In Ruins" and "Barbarian".

Along with them, I've been listening to more of [b]The Fall of Troy[/b]. I picked up their album [i]Doppleganger[/i] today along with [b]Oceano[/b]'s album [i]Depths[/i] (though they are kind of standard deathcore to me, and don't offer much of anything that's new).

Just got done downloading a butt-load of vintage [b]Brand New[/b] and [b]Taking Back Sunday[/b]. I also listened to [b]The Devil Wears Prada[/b]'s new album [i]With Roots Above And Branches Below[/i] from front to back today. Good album, great. Even as a Buddhist, I really enjoy them (same goes for Christian outfit [b]UnderOATH[/b]).

It was a good day in music.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]

*high fives*

You got good taste as well.

As for me, I've been listening to a good bit of [b]August Burns Red[/b] recently. A punishing metalcore band with a positive message from Syracuse, NY. Particularly enjoying the songs "Your Little Suburbia Is In Ruins" and "Barbarian".

Along with them, I've been listening to more of [b]The Fall of Troy[/b]. I picked up their album [i]Doppleganger[/i] today along with [b]Oceano[/b]'s album [i]Depths[/i] (though they are kind of standard deathcore to me, and don't offer much of anything that's new).

Just got done downloading a butt-load of vintage [b]Brand New[/b] and [b]Taking Back Sunday[/b]. I also listened to [b]The Devil Wears Prada[/b]'s new album [i]With Roots Above And Branches Below[/i] from front to back today. Good album, great. Even as a Buddhist, I really enjoy them (same goes for Christian outfit [b]UnderOATH[/b]).

It was a good day in music.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Black"]Old school brand new is the way to go. I just recently started getting into them. TBS is good but I heard their preformance levels have been sucking recently live. They played a free show in my town but of course I had to work- but a lot of people said they just weren't up to par.

underOATH is where the love is at. I enjoy them but besides the fact they are a "religious" band.

btw. have you noticed the new devils wear prada cd seems a bit more hardcore-ish? I think I'm diggin it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"]I haven't really been listening to any one group in particular; I usually listen to whatever my mp3 player plays on shuffle. I do have some favorites though.

[B]Green Light - John Legend feat. Andre 3000[/B]
This song is just so undeniably cool. I really can't describe it. If you're into R & B, you definitely have to give this song a listen if you already haven't. It's most fun when played while racing on the Rainbow Road track in Mario Kart 64.

[B]The Theft - Atreyu[/B]
Atreyu is mostly known as being a hardcore metal band, well, at least they used to be. Their new album [I]Lead Sails Paper Anchor[/I] is a little more chill than the others have been, but it's not exactly my cup of tea. The Theft is on one of Atreyu's older CD's, and is actually a pretty mellow song in itself. It's one of my favorite songs by the band.

I've been listening to a lot of [B]Sublime[/B] and [B]Dispatch[/B] lately as well. For anyone that hasn't heard Dispatch before, do yourself a favor and Youtube them or something. Particularly the song [B]General[/B] or anything off the album Elias. They're kind of like a modern version of the Grateful Dead ... but not exactly. It's hard to explain. You'll see what I mean.[/FONT]

[quote name='KawaiiSakura'][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Black"]
btw. have you noticed the new devils wear prada cd seems a bit more hardcore-ish? I think I'm diggin it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Which is why I like it alot. I've liked DWP for a while, and especially their "Still Fly" cover off Punk Goes Crunk, which is my favorite song by them. Ever. But I've always liked heavier bands in our particular music scene, so I'm liking the change alot.

I've also fallen into a slight phase of electronica and dance music, leaving my car statined to Sirius's BPM station whenever I'm not listening to my Zune through the auxiliary jack. [/color][/size]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]The Devil Wears Prada is amazing. I have one of their shirts, with a giant monster spitting pink goo onto an airplane... love it. I plan on buying the new album by them soon. Still Fly is pretty awesome. There's a DWP, shirt in this magazine I have. It has Reptar on it from the Rugrat's. I want it sooooo bad. UnderOath is pretty good too, I want to buy their newest CD as well. Another band like them, Silverstein, is pretty good too. I love the songs When Broken is Easily Fixed and Vices. I plan on getting the newest CD sometime... boy I have a few CD's to buy!

A good band that I know of, that isn't normal for me to listen to, is 10 Years. Through the Iris is an awesome song, and the rock version of So Long, Goodbye has a pretty amazing solo.

At the moment, I think I'm going to listen to Awaken the Dreamers by All Shall Perish.[/FONT]

[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]The Devil Wears Prada is amazing. I have one of their shirts, with a giant monster spitting pink goo onto an airplane... love it. I plan on buying the new album by them soon. Still Fly is pretty awesome. There's a DWP, shirt in this magazine I have. It has Reptar on it from the Rugrat's. I want it sooooo bad. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

As in "Reptar, King of the Ozone", one of their song titles.[/color][/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]I'm not sure how I ended up listening to [B]Chains of Love[/B] by [B]Erasure[/B]. o_O Oh wait, nvm. I accidentally clicked on one of Beth's stations for Pandora....

[SIZE="1"][I]*headdesks*[/I][/SIZE][/QUOTE]¬_¬ [I][SIZE="1"]*whacks you* [/SIZE][/I]

Anyway, I'm currently listening to [B]West End Girl's[/B] by Pet Shop Boys. It's nice to listen to stuff that I haven't heard in a long time. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I've been listening to my generation's coolest band, [b]A Day To Remember[/b] all day long.

Particularly these songs:
[center]
An anthemic jam that's required to be sung along with at shows.
[YOUTUBE="You Should've Killed Me When You Had The Chance"]fN5e2objYSE[/YOUTUBE]

One of their heavier songs, with possibly the most monstrous breakdown possible for a band outside of death metal.

[YOUTUBE="Welcome To The Family"]JQVWUac-dwg[/YOUTUBE]

A semi-acoustic duet with the female vocalist of VersaEmerge. A really pretty tune that instantly makes me miss my girlfriend and envokes alot of emotion in me.

[youtube="If It Means Alot To You"]3qZN5hOJFz4[/youtube][/center]

Possibly the most diverse, and still coherent bands around. People can say [b]iwrestledabearonce[/b] is diverse, but this band actually makes me feel, deeply, with their music. And not just emotions like aggression and anger, but also love and happiness, and sadness. And that's something I can't say for any other band out right now.

Please, give them a listen. Unless you have negative taste in music.[/color][/size]

I have a confession to make.

Earlier today there was a thread on /mu/ with a picture of [I]Hybrid Theory[/I] and the assertion that everybody still had that entire CD memorized. Now, since my parents didn't want me listening to such extreem rock musics as Linkin Park way back when, I never got to buy [I]Hybrid Theory[/I] and only had the few songs I could scrape up off Kazaa (I'd also listen to it at my best friend's house). By the time [I]Meteora[/I] came out, though, said friend had a CD burner, so that was the LP album of my youth.

Anyway, point is that I (and everyone else in the thread) realized that the OP was completely right-- I still knew that album word for word. The rose-colored glasses were driving everyone insane, someone must have been passing around some internet LSD or something, and, well... album downloads started happening. While everyone else got [I]Hybrid Theory[/I], I grabbed [I]Meteora[/I]. I played that **** for hours. And I [I]enjoyed it[/I]. Not because LP is a good band, but because those early albums are an atomic nostalgiabomb. My inner seventh grader had risen, and he was going to tear it up the only way he knew how--angsty rap-rock. It was [I]great[/I].

I think I've gotten it out of my system for now, but I'm still keeping the album in my library. The point is, on the off-chance that you've ever felt like taking me seriously or respecting me at all, this is a sign that you shouldn't.

[quote name='John']I have a confession to make.

Earlier today there was a thread on /mu/ with a picture of [I]Hybrid Theory[/I] and the assertion that everybody still had that entire CD memorized. Now, since my parents didn't want me listening to such extreem rock musics as Linkin Park way back when, I never got to buy [I]Hybrid Theory[/I] and only had the few songs I could scrape up off Kazaa (I'd also listen to it at my best friend's house). By the time [I]Meteora[/I] came out, though, said friend had a CD burner, so that was the LP album of my youth.

Anyway, point is that I (and everyone else in the thread) realized that the OP was completely right-- I still knew that album word for word. The rose-colored glasses were driving everyone insane, someone must have been passing around some internet LSD or something, and, well... album downloads started happening. While everyone else got [I]Hybrid Theory[/I], I grabbed [I]Meteora[/I]. I played that **** for hours. And I [I]enjoyed it[/I]. Not because LP is a good band, but because those early albums are an atomic nostalgiabomb. My inner seventh grader had risen, and he was going to tear it up the only way he knew how--angsty rap-rock. It was [I]great[/I].

I think I've gotten it out of my system for now, but I'm still keeping the album in my library. The point is, on the off-chance that you've ever felt like taking me seriously or respecting me at all, this is a sign that you shouldn't.[/QUOTE]

You aren't alone. I still remember all the words to [i]Hybrid Theory[/i] and alot to [i]Meteroa[/i]. The same goes for, get ready for it, [b]Limp Bizkit[/b]. I still remember alot of the words from [i]Significant Other[/i] and [i]Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water[/i]. Yep, I sure do.

Which is why I love this so much:

[center][youtube= Sky Eats Airplane - "Nookie" (Limp Bizkit Cover)]cl1zZMU2DtA[/youtube][/center]

Classic song from a nostalgiac band from my youth by a modern group that I was already a fan of. Awesome.[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]Currently listening to[B][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR8ZRfDPosE"] Mr. Pitiful [/URL][/B]by [B]Matt Costa[/B].
I love the beat of this song, especially the first part. I recently found a song of Matt Costa's while skimming through various other songs and decided that I like his music overall, this is one of my favourites by him.

I personally like to explore for more musicians/bands every so often - broaden my interests, wot wot,- and sometimes I can find quite the gems hidden away amongst all the others. Isn't it nice to find more music to listen to?[/SIZE]