OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]I fixed your grammar for ya, Botar.

[I]Wink.[/I]

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=royalblue]
Hurray! Now we're all pretentious![/color]

On topic:

[youtube= Parkway Drive - "Boneyards"]OJe5AB5N-LI[/youtube]

[youtube= Parkway Drive - "Horizons"]HZnVAOepD6U[/youtube]

[youtube= Parkway Drive - "Frostbite"]GXoyC2-6MzQ[/youtube]

[youtube= Parkway Drive - "Carrion"]dNvOVey0MSs[/youtube]

Australia's premiere metalcore band.[/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I've been listening to [B]Black Eyed Peas[/B]' newer CD a lot lately. I really like it. I'm listening to [B]August Burns Red[/B]'s new CD right now. It's tight. Real tight. Very technical, very heavy. They fail to disappoint once again. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Nomurah!'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I've been listening to [B]Black Eyed Peas[/B]' newer CD a lot lately. I really like it. I'm listening to [B]August Burns Red[/B]'s new CD right now. It's tight. Real tight. Very technical, very heavy. They fail to disappoint once again. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Hah! Awesome. I literally bought [b]Constellations[/b] yesterday. And I agree sir![/color][/size]

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]I fixed your grammar for ya, Botar.

[I]Wink.[/I]

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color="lime"] I feel....... quote raped. Ughhh, time for the cold shower, again.

I'm listening to date rape, by sublime, ironically.[/color]

Taking a few notes from Alternative Press' "Class of '99" article, I've started listening to a few albums and artists that I was too young to fully appreciate when I was younger, who never the less, inspired and influenced the music I listen to currently by leaps and bounds.

Particularly...

[b]The Dillnger Escape Plan[/b]'s album [i]Calculating Infinity[/i]

[youtube=The Dillinger Escape Plan - "43% Burnt"]Zv8b6RPbnAc[/youtube]

[b]Poison The Well[/b]'s album [i]The Opposite of December: A Season of Separation[/i]

[youtube=Poison The Well - "Exist Underground"]SRvyBMGnrec[/youtube]

[b]Saves the Day[/b]'s album [i]Through Being Cool[/i] and [i]In Reverie[/i]

[youtube=Saves The Day - "Tomorrow Too Late"]G9TqeH_CO9c[/youtube][/color][/size]

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]I'm more excited to see what you'll be listening to in 5 more years.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Me too. Hopefully it'll be a combination of all the stuff I am now and in the past.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial]Globus: Epicon – "[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG-vKBb1KC0"][COLOR="Blue"]Diem Ex Dei[/COLOR][/URL]".

Just in the mood for gut-wrenching rock.

[B]Edit:[/B] Also, [COLOR=DarkRed]Gavin[/COLOR], the teaser image for that TTGL video is a bit, erm, awkward?[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Listening to quite a lot of [B]Five Finger Death Punch[/B] at the minute, White Knuckles, Never Enough, Death Before Dishonour. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][B]Edit:[/B] Also, [COLOR=DarkRed]Gavin[/COLOR], the teaser image for that TTGL video is a bit, erm, awkward?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]*Shrugs* I'll see if I can rustle you up one without the gun blocking her then Al. :p[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Mr. Maul'][center][IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FQ9a9ZSJgpw/SKM3YfYGIaI/AAAAAAAAAA0/d9VHoROaYjw/s400/2006.jpg[/IMG]
[/center][/QUOTE]

Oh how I miss Death From Above. :animecry: They broke up too soon, they had a really unique sound and I was interested to see where they might have gone with it in the future.

At the moment I'm listening to Drake's "The Winner", that's supposedly a leak from his upcoming debut LP. This kid catches a lot of hate for the simple fact he used to act on a teen show. I don't really get this at all, because 90% of rappers that become successful immediately begin acting. I guess it's only cool to do in a certain order? Anyway, I've dug Drake for a while now I'm glad to see him getting this level of success. However you feel about him, you can't deny he always comes with the lyrics and doesn't pretend to be something he isn't.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Everbody who loves my kind of music should listen to Asking Alexandria. Honestly, they are amazing, they rock my socks. They have a CD out calld Stand and Scream, and it has some pretty brutal tracks. Like for instance, If You Can't Ride Two Horses at Once, You Should get out of The Circus, and my personal favorite I Used to Have a Best Friend (But he Gave me and STD)

The band is like, Bring me the Horizon and the Devil Wears Prada with the addition of more synth. They are described as Trancecore, but despite the dumb genre title, they are awesome. It's probably blasphemy to say this, but their lead singer, in a way, kicks Oli's ***.

Just saying!

Oh and I'm now in love with In Fear and Faith, Chiodos and Circa Survive. My favorite song by Chiodos is The Undertaker's Thirst for Revenge is Unquenchable. And my favorite song by In Fear and Faith so far is The Taste of Regret.

Also, check out The Rise of Science, it's like Coheed and Cambria, but more post-hardcore. They hail from Atlanta Georgia and played a show here in Norwood NY (Yeah haha). It's a shame though, I missed them play at the show we had there >.>[/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]I am currently making myself quite happy with the complete Rush discography that is now on my iPod. Of course, it's lots of music to listen to....6 hours of it going last night, and I still am only like 1/2 through my playlist. Then I'll probably move to my Metallica discography.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Everbody who loves my kind of music should listen to Asking Alexandria. Honestly, they are amazing, they rock my socks. They have a CD out calld Stand and Scream, and it has some pretty brutal tracks. Like for instance, If You Can't Ride Two Horses at Once, You Should get out of The Circus, and my personal favorite I Used to Have a Best Friend (But he Gave me and STD)

The band is like, Bring me the Horizon and the Devil Wears Prada with the addition of more synth. They are described as Trancecore, but despite the dumb genre title, they are awesome. It's probably blasphemy to say this, but their lead singer, in a way, kicks Oli's ***.

Just saying!

Oh and I'm now in love with In Fear and Faith, Chiodos and Circa Survive. My favorite song by Chiodos is The Undertaker's Thirst for Revenge is Unquenchable. And my favorite song by In Fear and Faith so far is The Taste of Regret.

Also, check out The Rise of Science, it's like Coheed and Cambria, but more post-hardcore. They hail from Atlanta Georgia and played a show here in Norwood NY (Yeah haha). It's a shame though, I missed them play at the show we had there >.>[/FONT][/QUOTE]

You have my interests. I'll make sure to check them out.

As for me, I've been listening to alot of [b]Whitechapel[/b] and [b]For The Fallen Dreams[/b] lately.

[b]Whitechapel[/b], for those who don't know much about them, are probably one of the biggest deathcore acts around. Their style is heavy, in every aspect. Lots of heavy, low tones, and their vocalist primarily does a death growl or variation of such, however he does toss in screams and hardcore yells from time to time. My favorite song is by far, this one:

[youtube= Whitechapel - "Possession"]-o9tj-xH1qU[/youtube]
(Probably the best opening a song has ever had, ever.)

[b]For the Fallen Dreams[/b], are, as I could describe them, like if [b]The Devil Wears Prada[/b] butted heads with [b]The Acacia Strain[/b]. They also did a song with Jeremy McKinnon from [b]A Day To Remember[/b] that has become one of my favorites. Really top metalcore.

[YOUTUBE=For The Fallen Dreams - "Nightmares" (feat. Jeremy McKinnon)]jhHXC82W-3s[/YOUTUBE]

Also, if you're into Deathcore at all, please, please, I beg you, check out the most hopeful band I've found in the genre, ever... they define what the genre should sound like. So amazing. I give you, Australia's own, [b]Thy Art Is Murder[/b]:

[youtube= Thy Art Is Murder - "Whore To A Chainsaw"]GxqzNbcj1d8[/youtube]

Vicious, is the only way I could describe them. Vicious.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...