OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

Lately I've been listening to The XX. I dig them, they are a pretty solid young pop band and really do a great job exploiting simple sounds and empty space. The band makes great use of both of their singers, I think their voices play off of each other well. I'd recommend their single VCR to anyone and their album XX is worth taking a look at if VCR is to your liking.

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=darkslateblue]Just today got the new (ok, it's a year old now) Metallica album [I]Death Magnetic[/I]. Never been a huge Metallica fan, but I have to admit it's pretty ****ing awesome. Currently listening to the track [I]The Judas Kiss[/I]. Good solid metal.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]

The future is brighter than ever for Four Year Strong:
[center]
[YOUTUBE="Four Year Strong - "It Must Really Suck To Be FYS Right Now""]Gw1xoom3-8Q[/YOUTUBE][/center]

FYS goes along with bands like Blink-182 for me, in that I say "**** you if you don't like FYS".[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]For some odd reason, I feel like the track [B][I]Run[/B][/I] by [B][I] Snow Patrol[/B][/I] kind of sums up alot of everything that I'm feeling since my little sister had passed away recently. It also causes that annoying [B][I][U][COLOR=Red] YOINK[/B][/I][/U][/COLOR] feeling in the back of my mind after going through a violent breakup. I know I should let go and move on, but there's part of me that does not want to.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=10][center]
[b]PAINT IT BLACK!
PAINT IT BLACK!
PAINT IT BLACK![/size]

[YOUTUBE=Paint It Black - "Pink Slip"]xEksRPxHe3M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=Paint It Black - "Memorial Day"]Jmv4LDcHEp0[/YOUTUBE]

[size=1]Punk is NOT DEAD![/b][/size][/center]

• 2 weeks later...
Selections from the new Karnivool album while I wait for the CD to come in the mail.

[youtube]sDKsosOvVmw&feature=PlayList&p=6E86AD3BA50F2620&index=1[/youtube]

[youtube]vHZkhgOyN3g&feature=PlayList&p=6E86AD3BA50F2620&index=3[/youtube]

[youtube]WBJ3DQ76XOk&feature=PlayList&p=6E86AD3BA50F2620&index=5[/youtube]

• 1 month later...
[SIZE="2"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I've been out of this loop for awhile, during my concurrent browsings, I've been streaming [B][I][U] Random Album Title[/B][/I][/U] by [B][I] deadmau5[/B][/I]. It's a break from the frantic and high energy music everyone around here used to know me for; it's interesting.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I know this won't suprise too many people since I'm pretty random, but lately I've been listening to the [B]Princess and the Frog[/B] soundtrack.

It's actually pretty catchy- I have to think that mainly because my daughter won't let me listen to anything else. Well unless I pop [B]Philadelphia Chicken[/B] into the CD player.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Not Exactly by Deadmau5 is awesome, by the way. One of my most-played tracks at the moment. :catgirl:[/font][/QUOTE]

[size=1]

I'm a big fan of his track "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" and a few others. I'm a big electro-style techno fan, with the 'whompier' beats and samples, like Justice, Daft Punk, and Bloody Beetroots.

A lil' Dubstep is nice also.[/size]

[quote name='Zen'][size=1]

I'm a big fan of his track "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" and a few others. I'm a big electro-style techno fan, with the 'whompier' beats and samples, like Justice, Daft Punk, and Bloody Beetroots.

A lil' Dubstep is nice also.[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Times New Roman"]Speaking of The Bloody Beetroots, my ipod decided to pick on this song.[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvNTrvJorbs"] Butter by The Bloody Beetroots[/YOUTUBE] I have to say [B][I][U]Roborama[/B][/I][/U] is a great album. This track in particular gets me through most of my parkour runnings.[/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I borrowed my friends CDs and go some major brutal tunage.

[B]Born of Osiris[/B] - A Higher Place
[B]Despised Icon [/B]- Day of Mourning
[B]Behemoth[/B] - Evangelion
[B]Behemoth[/B] - Ezkaton
[B]Winds of Plague [/B]- The Great Stone War
[B]Surround by Teeth[/B] - Animals
[B]Dying Fetus[/B] - Descend into Depravity
[B]Carnifex[/B] - Hell Chose Me

I haven't had the time yet to listn to them, I'm just downloading the last two CD's onto Windows Media Player. I do know one thing though, MVP, by Despised Icon, is butal as balls. Surrounded by Teeth is a band from Albany NY I think. They aren't very big yet, but they aren't bad. Think of Converge, and you have them.

I managed to get the Alesana discogrophy, The Fall of Troy discogrophy, A Day to Remember's Homesick, and Parkway Drive's discogrophy. I'm pleased with all of those bands. In fact, I used to despise ADTR with a burning passion. I love how much music I have. Its to the point where I forget some bands even exist!

I'm stoked as all hell for next month's release of Year of the Black Rainbow, Coheed and Cambrai's new CD. So far, the two tracks which have been relased, The Broken and Here We Are Juggernaut are really good. Waaaaay better than No World For Tomorrow.[/FONT]

[size=1][color=green]Roisin Murphy - Rama Lama Bang Bang.

This is something I don't usually listen to. (Seriously, I'm one of those tough looking guys... [strike]Who puts on a big front and is really soft, and have a soft heart... I'm gonna go hide in a corner soon :sweat:[/strike]) But after watching this performance on So You Think You Can Dance (I'm a fan of the show, especially auditions) that song became pretty catchy, and it get stuck in my head a lot.[/size][/color]

[youtube]5N6W4CJFWm4[/youtube]

[FONT="Times New Roman"][CENTER][B]Now:[/B] Planisphere (Complete)
[B]Artist:[/B] Justice[/CENTER]

It was a track that my friend had on her ipod after finding out that the band had been picked to do a mix for the Dior Homme Fashion Show - Summer 09 lucky for us someone out there in the blogosphere was nice enough to put it all together as one continuous track. And it's now the longest song on my ipod, clocking in at 17mins38secs.[/FONT]