Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
For some odd reason I now want to listen to The Killers (probably "Smile Like You Mean It", with its great '80s vibe).

I'm actually listening to Jesu's EP [i]Why Are We Not Perfect?[/i] Here's a band that's similar in style and feel to My Bloody Valentine. However, Jesu often piles on the extremely heavy and slow guitar riffs to create a sound that would make the wall-of-sound seem like a flimsy cardboard box. It's unusual how Justin Broadrick can create a song that could cause an earthquake and sooth you to sleep at the same time, like the title track does. Call it shoegazing to infinity and beyond. Edited by Pleiades Rising
  • 1 month later...
Posted
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1lgklPBorE[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-dvTjK_07c[/media]

Just a couple of songs I just finished listening to.
Posted
[quote name='Tonks' timestamp='1290279991' post='701984']
Florence and the Machine - "Dog Days Are Over"
[/quote]
Hah! That's exactly what I'm listening to right now. I've been hearing it on the radio so much lately and, despite what my siblings say, I think it's a fun song. <3
Posted
[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xRPmhWmaNY[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylVRGttEW4[/media][/center]

[size="3"][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Really sets the mood for PvP. :D[/font][/size]
Posted (edited)
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Panty and Stocking's music has gotten me into a chokehold. This is the most recent song to do so [which is ironic since I actually don't care for the characters all that much]:

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c3v192Jho0[/media][/center]

I also recently rediscovered this awesome remix of Mr. Brightside, thanks to Pandora.

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSheh22KGQg[/media][/center]

Finally, I find myself coming back to this song a lot. I love KT Tunstall.

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn_muvEOJ9A[/media][/center][/font][/color] Edited by Sangome
Posted
[FONT="Times New Roman"][CENTER][B]Now Playing:[/B] Animus Vox
[B]Artist:[/B] The Glitch Mob[/CENTER]

After hearing their remixes of TV On The Radio & Linkin Park about a month ago, I decided to give them a try... Their debut [B][I][U]Drink The Sea[/B][/I][/U] has been the only album on heavy rotation on my ipod since then because it's both calming and aggressive at the same time. I'll be looking into [B][U][I]Drink The Sea Volume I: The Remixes[/B][/I][/U] and [B][U][I]Drink The Sea Volume II: The Mixtape[/B][/I][/U] soon.[/FONT]
Posted
[Font="Times New Roman"][CENTER][B]Now Playing:[/B] Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites
[B]Artist:[/B] Skrillex (Remixed by NOISIA)[/CENTER]

After hearing the former's take on [B][I]The Sadness Will Never End[/B][/I] by [B]Bring Me The Horizon[/B] (blame my little sister) I was hooked on his stuff, then my ex-girlfriend posted the remix on my facebook wall and being a fan of the latter band, I immediately started listening... and now I'm hooked.

I'm actually getting into more Drum & Bass and Fidget, does anyone have any suggestions as to what other tracks I should look into?[/Font]
Posted
Parabelle's newish CD [i]Reassembling the Icons.[/i]

I listened to it twice now and I am really liking it. So much so that aI am gonna go buy the CD when I go to the mall (I have picked up both the Evans Blue CDs were Kevin was the singer, so I figure this is just following the trend.
Frankly I am kinda glad he was kicked out of Evans Blue (though I wish they waited till their third album came out first... it would have been spectacular.) because now I have two good bands instead of one.
Posted
Right now I have Fleet Foxes' self-titled LP spinning in my record player.

This is their newest song which just came out yesterday.

[youtube]6mR8Z-gmK1g[/youtube]
Posted
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Pandora's got me addicted to yet another song.

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr58WHo2ndM[/media][/center]

It's such a friggin' relaxing song, it makes me wanna take a nap.[/font][/color]
Posted (edited)
this is a low quality video but the musician is quite the guitar player, or in this case guitar banjo player.

http://youtu.be/14uZ08vPcdE Edited by Pioneer
Posted (edited)
Flogging Molly!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlNPpLHAsZ4[/media]

And a cover of Wonderwall by Ryan Adams

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzZhtrsbJzs[/media] Edited by ItalyBros_PASTA!
Posted
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtnVduIY75Y[/media]

[Font="Times New Roman"]They're one of the local bands out here in Los Angeles and after hearing their debut [B][I]Drink The Sea[/B][/I], the remixes and the mixtape; I've been looking through their back catalogue of stuff and this mix stands out the most, even more so than their take on [B][I] Seven Nation Army[/B][/I] by [B][I]The White Stripes[/B][/I] which can be heard [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0SrZh32GcQ"]here.[/url] Still anxious the hear the second half of the remix album which comes out on Saturday.[/Font]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[font="Tahoma"]I've been recently listening to a lot of Fuel. Specifically "Shimmer"

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCUE4vd1zs&feature=related[/media][/font]
Posted
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA770wpLX-Q[/media]

When it comes to rapping, I'm not a big Dr. Dre fan, but I really like this song/video.. (My goodness, he's been eating his wheaties)
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
[font=palatino linotype]Truly awesome and relatively new Melbourne-based band called [b]Little Red[/b]. Here's my favourite track from them:

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoQwwcf2ERU[/media][/center]

The rest of the Midnight Remember album is pretty good too.[/font]
Posted
Nightcore- Angel of Darkness

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfnZG5fnxxQ[/media]

from the original song

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0-i4zNCesk[/media]

â?¦oÏ?oâ?¦
Posted
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Recently started listening to Killswitch Engage and I'm quite enjoying their style.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgiXVlW-ICE[/media]

Probably my favourite overall song, either that or the live version of End of Heartbreak.[/size][/font]
Posted
[FONT="Times New Roman]I know I should be listening to [B][I]Mortal Kombat: Songs Inspired by The Warriors[/B][/I] to help get myself even more pumped for the game after playing the demo but I've been stuck on this album for awhile, it's infectious. Alot of good talent on board for this one.

[CENTER][img]http://www.thedaftclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/tron-legacy-reconfigured-cover-300x270.gif[/img]

[B] Now Playing:[/B] Fall
[B] Artist:[/B]: m83 Vs. Big Black Delta[/CENTER][/FONT]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...