OtakuBoards

Who is better Vampires Vs Werewolves

kitsora

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Each fantasy creature has good and bad aspects. Werewolves I noticed seem to have a family, a group of people that look out for eachother and does what their leader wishes. Vampires seem more like loners and do whatever they can and want because they can and need to survive.

From what I read, werewolves can blend in society far more easier than vampires. That is because they can go out in daylight and vampires can't. Werewolves can also eat regular food and are loyal to eachother. Like I said, they are a family, a pack, much like real wolves.

Vampires have more specific needs and most of them are greedy back stabbing bastards. They crave blood and they need to drink blood to survive. From the Anita Blake series that I read, there was a vampire head of a city and he had vampires work for him. Part of this 'contract' was protection from the head of the city from rogue vampires and the other part was to serve the head. What he said was law.

Before I read various werewolf and vampire stories, I would of said vampires all the way. I still do, but I like werewolves now too.

I don't know but there seems something 'sexual' about vampires. What do you guys think?[/COLOR]

how dare you vampires are in not all loners anyway vampires have been known to controll werewolves not the other way around!:animeangr

"Before I read various werewolf and vampire stories, I would of said vampires all the way. I still do, but I like werewolves now too. "

Okay i can handle that i like werewolves to, but i would still side with the vampires if a war broke out.;)

[quote name='kitsora']how dare you vampires are in not all loners anyway vampires have been known to controll werewolves not the other way around!:animeangr[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I never said that one controlled the other. Their respective leaders took control over their own kind. [/COLOR]

Ejole people. Everyone knows that they both are equally as awesome in their own rights. Let me break it down for you.

[B]Werewolves[/B] are stronger, faster, and just plain better than people. They can walk in the light and can transform at will in certain cases. They are very cunning and besides the whole "Silver Bullet" thing, they are pretty much unkillable.

[B]Vampires[/B] are much like werewolves because they have heightened abilities that far surpass humans. They are still able to control their sense of self and their powers don't have to be "Switched On" in order to work. They are always there. The whole blood thirst thing is actually a plus for vampires because it makes them achieve a goal instead of just rampage and destruction. They hunt for survival, not because they are frenzied beasts.

[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"]I never said that one controlled the other. Their respective leaders took control over their own kind. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"] Vampires often posess werewolves as guards. See: [B]Vampire Hunter D[/B]

I'd definitely put vampires over werewolves. Werewolves are ugly and brutish and useless. One quick bullet to the face and it's all over. Vampires are a way more fun and versatile mythology. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"] Vampires often posess werewolves as guards. See: [B]Vampire Hunter D[/B]

I'd definitely put vampires over werewolves. Werewolves are ugly and brutish and useless. One quick bullet to the face and it's all over. Vampires are a way more fun and versatile mythology. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] Sorry, Remus Lupin definitely owns anime. :p[/font]

[FONT="Arial"]I vote vampires, but it pretty much depends entirely on how they're being portrayed.

I hate vampires that are just mindless bloodsucking animals, like in Salem's Lot (I think, I've only seen a snippet of it once). I wasn't too fond of the ones in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, either, if only because their ringleader used a sword instead of his own supernatural abilities.

I also can't stand the book Thirsty because of how annoying the vampires were (and also because it was written pretty badly). If they're not done just right, I don't like them.

Anne Rice and Stephenie Meyer have done them the best in my opinion. My own vampire characters are a mix between those two portrayals, but much more lighthearted.

Werewolves can be alright, but I'm just a lot more fond of vampires in general. When I still loved fantasy books and such, I created a race who had the appearance of vampires, with pale skin and fangs, as well as an aversion to sunlight and a sort of immortality, but they could transform into wolves. [/FONT]

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"] Sorry, Remus Lupin definitely owns anime. :p[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'm assuming you are naming another werewolf-owning vampire. I would like you to know that the Vampire Hunter D is a novel that did not become an anime till much later (I have never seen the anime). The novel series has 17 volumes and has been around since '89.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"] Sorry, Remus Lupin definitely owns anime. :p[/font][/QUOTE]
I'd agree, but he went kind of downhill in the later books.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'm assuming you are naming another werewolf-owning vampire.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
:laugh:

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]I also can't stand the book Thirsty because of how annoying the vampires were (and also because it was written pretty badly). If they're not done just right, I don't like them. [/FONT][/QUOTE]
Heresy! M.T. Anderson is a genius. :animeknow

I don't think the reader is supposed to like Thirsty's vampires. It's perfect because it's the opposite of [i]both[/i] the stories that glamorize vampires (e.g. Twilight) and the stories that demonize them. They're as human as humans, ultimately, in in their ugliness and their grief and their self-centeredness.

As for the topic at hand, I don't like werewolves as much, due to not being a fan of the whole sprouting hair and roaring thing.

~Dagger~

[color=#9933ff]I really don't like vampires in general, with the whole "never dying" thing. I also don't like all the inconsistencies revolving around Vampires. I have a friend who insists, in "Interview With a Vampire" fashion that they can't be killed by ANYTHING other than sunlight, while 200 years ago, Vampires were believed to go out during the day just like normal people. :/ Others say you can ONLY kill them with a stake, or ONLY with a silver stake, or ONLY with salt, garlic, and a stake, etc.

Werewolves are pretty simple - they turn into infectious monsters on the full moon. Lol.

Besides, Remus Lupin PWNS.

P.S.: Lupin really does pwn. If you ever read one of those cheesy (or not so cheesy) fanfics where someone finds a cure for lycanthropy, you'll find Lupin loses all of his intrigue quite quickly.[/color]

[quote name='MistressRoxie'][color=#9933ff]I really don't like vampires in general, with the whole "never dying" thing. I also don't like all the inconsistencies revolving around Vampires. I have a friend who insists, in "Interview With a Vampire" fashion that they can't be killed by ANYTHING other than sunlight, while 200 years ago, Vampires were believed to go out during the day just like normal people. :/ Others say you can ONLY kill them with a stake, or ONLY with a silver stake, or ONLY with salt, garlic, and a stake, etc.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I've always hated those inconsistencies as well. This is actually the only reason I enjoy Hellsing. You can do whatever the **** you want, Alucard is will survive. He's the king of godmodders, and totally awesome. Also, they explain that more vulnerable vampires are just weaker. I've always liked that simple yet worthy explanation. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I've always hated those inconsistencies as well.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]Well, because vampires don't actually exist, and they're not trademarked by anyone, there are no consistent facts about them and people can portray them however they want.

And boo hiss on MT Anderson! [/FONT]

Who or rather which is better? Neither, I've always found the concept of vampires and werewolves to be boring at best. In fact the rpg Shinigami Dance is probably one of the only stories where Vampires are involved that has even caught my interest at all. And even then it's the concept of death gods not the vampires that holds my attention.

Seriously, for creatures that do not exist, they just make me cringe since most if not all stories about them that I have read or seen were not very entertaining. As for what does interest me as far as creatures that do not exist... that's another topic. ;)

[size=1]Vampires, always.

I just don't like dogs.

The thing about vampires is, they are already dead, so of course they can't be killed. They may be ugly, and stink of rotting flesh, but hey! they can control mortals with their super-special-awesome psychic leeching abilities. And the like.
I'm fond of the glamorized vampires, too, I guess. I just hate Stephanie Meyer's version. So... unrealistic to the vampire lore.... New and different can be good, just... that time didn't work. >>

Anywho.
Vampires! :)[/size]

I've always favored Vampires over werewolves for use in my RPs, on the grounds that the vampires have a more humanoid form that lends itself better to human interaction.

You also see the differences in power when a vampire has been feeding regularly, while a werewolfe tends to just plain becoeme violent Vampires typically will become dangerously cunning in addition to powerful (At least mine do.)

Something I also found is the werewolf transformations is time-limited, lasting only while the moon is overhead, and during that time they typically are simple beast-like mentality.
Vampires in most of my storylines are always in their humanoid form with their best powers tied to the full moon, but can really feed and be evil at any time they see fit. They also tend to be somewhat intelligent about their habits too even during the released state on a full moon.

Look, this one is a personal preference thing. Vampires are metaphors for bohemian lifestyles, rejection from the civilized world, and sexual promiscuity. Werewolves are metaphors for menstruation. So which do you prefer: living life hiding from the sun and putting the moves on countless innocent young'uns, or a somewhat more extreme "time of the month" regardless of gender?

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I'm with Rach on this, both are boring. I've never understood the fascination people seem to have with the concept of vampires or werewolves or the silly reasons behind why such stories exist or the meaning behind them. Let alone even attempting to think one is better than the other. So which is better? Neither one. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Werewolves are much better than vampires. I think my criteria of judgement is a bit different most others though. I personally try to see which is generally happier and leads the most pleasing life. When looking at pirates vs ninjas i always say pirates because they get booze and treasure whereas ninjas get the darkness and discipline.

Werewolves lead perfectly normal lives until nights of the full moon. And when it's the full moon all hell breaks loose. I imagine it must be a lot like binge drinking. You start off the evening kinda slow, but eventually everything takes off and before you know it you find yourself in the middle of a pile vomit or blood in some back-town alley totally confused and not sure what you did the night before. Vampires on the other hand seem to be loners that seduce women just to suck their blood. They don't even have sex with the women before hand! Where's the fun in that? Nowhere, that's where! Besides, ya gotta let the beast out from within you every now and then, if you know what i'm saying. And i think you do. Oh yeah.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

I vote neither. Here is my reasoning:

1) You can't actually ask any random person if they think vampires, or werewolves are better. The reason for this is that their are many different outlooks on both species, and you can't really put a fix on which version is the "correct" version. Some versions portray vampires as supreme beings, with the only downfall of not being able to touch sunlight. Some versions portray werewolves as strong, ferocious, man-eating machienes that can't be stopped, except for that silver bullet.

2) Even if there were a "correct" version of both species, there is no way to say for sure that both versions wouldn't be balanced. For example, vampires are undead creatures, they do not die of old age, they do not have to eat, breath, or drink (water). They are stronger than humans, and most of the time have an ability to control a humans actions (if looked in the eye...) However, vampires can not walk in sunlight, and die if they do not feed on blood. Some versions say that like werewolves, vampires are killed by silver as well (like the Blade movies for example...) Other versions say that vampires cant be emersed in flowing water, or touch fire as well (like the Legacy of Kain videogames...)

So as you can see, their is no way to say specifically, which species is better. You can ask which species appeals to you more.

You're going to have to expect people to say one or the other for some random reason, based on some random version of each species.

I personally prefer werewolves to be stronger in physical strength, but weak in their mind and heart. While vampires tend to be weaker than werewolves (yet stronger than humans), but strong in their mind and heart, allowing them to "force their will onto others" through persuasion.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Courier New"]I personally prefer werewolves, but if I had to pick one for myself, I'd rather be a vampire. But, I think most people prefer vampires. I'm more of an animal person... The only reason I'd prefer to be a vampire is 'cause I'd have more self control. Oh yes, and according to most folklore tales, werewolves are the only creatures physically capeable of defeating vampires when it comes to full-blown, one-on-one battle. Wow, I could go on and on and on about this one...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I'm with Beth and Rach, arguing over which fictional race of immortals is better seems a shade too close to pointless for me. In reality you're always going to deal with different authors giving different interpretations of both races, which is going to be steeped in bias. So really there's no way you can ever come up with a definitively correct answer.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Orange"]Personally, I like both. But I'm leaning abit more towards Werewolves...

1. Wolves are one of my favorite animals, enough said.
2. Werewolves d not have as many 'comercial' weaknesses as Vamps have, sorry to say.
3. Wolf's Rain has influenced most of my reasoning, even if they're not actually Werewolves. TT_TT
4. Plus I adore the Werewolves in Twilight/New Moon/Eclipse.

There you have it.[/COLOR]