OtakuBoards

Ah, The Good Old Days...

JCBaggee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]This is the perfect time to get into the occult and bring an actual plushie to life for your little son or daughter.

Let's get the sacrifices rolling.

[Congratulations Tortor. ;)][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]You know...I was thinking the exact same thing.

The only thing is that... I really don't have any "good ol' days".. In fact, I'm not so sure that anyone knows who the heck I am.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]This thread pops up every few months.

I do miss the good old days. I was fourteen when I joined, and just four weeks ago I turned 21. So when I say I miss the good old days, it was being a kid and coming to OB everyday for hours. So yes, I do mis the old members. I'm not able to get on as much as I used to now anyway to make new friends, so I cling to the old. ;)

I still love this place and come everytime I'm on.

Congrats Asuka!!![/SIZE]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]You know...I was thinking the exact same thing.

The only thing is that... I really don't have any "good ol' days".. In fact, I'm not so sure that anyone knows who the heck I am.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

You don't fool me, Nomura. ;P Your old user names are located at your profile, if you didn't know that. And as to who you are, you're of course DB's comic-relief sidekick. ;D Hmm, now I want a sidekick as well... :/

My "good ol' days" are mostly related to being part of the Digipeeps. I know I irritated some people when I was Sage, but I reckon I've caused much more havoc and controversy as Sandy - all because of my brutal honesty and nagging style of speech. ;P

Aaanyway, most of the good memories have to do with the projects and games I've been involved with during my [I]five and a half friggin' years[/I] in OB. I don't even remember all of them off the bat, but I know I've gotten many friends from them.

Things have changed from the Digimon -forum days (heck, I don't think there's even more than five ex-Digipeeps left coming to the boards nowadays), but I'm fortunate to have found another home from the Adventure Square.

Honestly, I've searched the internet over the years, but I have not found any place that would have as varied, creative and qualified selection of message board RPGs. We should all be very proud of the place as it is now (and of course this whole message board in general), and not long back to old times so urgently. After all, it was we, the active members of old and new, who have changed the place, not anybody else. ;D

[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'][SIZE=1]I do miss the good old days. I was fourteen when I joined, and just four weeks ago I turned 21. So when I say I miss the good old days, it was being a kid and coming to OB everyday for hours. So yes, I do mis the old members. I'm not able to get on as much as I used to now anyway to make new friends, so I cling to the old. ;)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I still love this place and come everytime I'm on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Congrats Asuka!!![/SIZE][/quote]

I was 13-14 when I joined too!!! We have something in common. By the way, I know you SaiyanPrincessX! We where in that rp about the elemental heroes or soemthing like that. Either way, I know you. ^-^

I had another account, but my constant email changes and lost passwords condem me to the eternal life of new accounts. I used to be Roxas/Phayt/Amon...

Yeah, I've been here a while... (I am 17 now... 3 to 4 years...) I believe it's safe to say that I've seen my fair share of the boards average life.

[quote name='Sandy']You don't fool me, Nomura. ;P Your old user names are located at your profile, if you didn't know that. And as to who you are, you're of course DB's comic-relief sidekick. ;D Hmm, now I want a sidekick as well... :/

My "good ol' days" are mostly related to being part of the Digipeeps. I know I irritated some people when I was Sage, but I reckon I've caused much more havoc and controversy as Sandy - all because of my brutal honesty and nagging style of speech. ;P

Aaanyway, most of the good memories have to do with the projects and games I've been involved with during my [I]five and a half friggin' years[/I] in OB. I don't even remember all of them off the bat, but I know I've gotten many friends from them.

Things have changed from the Digimon -forum days (heck, I don't think there's even more than five ex-Digipeeps left coming to the boards nowadays), but I'm fortunate to have found another home from the Adventure Square.

Honestly, I've searched the internet over the years, but I have not found any place that would have as varied, creative and qualified selection of message board RPGs. We should all be very proud of the place as it is now (and of course this whole message board in general), and not long back to old times so urgently. After all, it was we, the active members of old and new, who have changed the place, not anybody else. ;D[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="HotPink"]Sweet actions, dawg. Well, I'll be your sidekick. Along with that Clurr chick. It kind of works out. You're gay, I'm gay, she's straight.

It'll be like...The Three Stooges with mixed sexualities, and genders. You know what, I feel left out...I wasn't around for the Digimon thing..or any of that stuff.

They were all archives when I got here...in like 04 or 05, something like that :D. I turned into a douche when I was "I'm Not Nomura", but I'm secretly nice now lol.

HUG ME EVERYONE.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I've been around for quite a while. If anyone remembers me it'd probably be as "Cyko" or "Shroom" though, not Frog Brigade. I don't know. I still lurk here a lot. I just never have anything to say, ever. I'm having a hard time justifying this post, actually, haha.

But, I have to ask. QA, is that treton_noir's baby you're having?

[color=#606060]I remember you as Cyko and Shroom. Good to see that you're still around.

I miss some of the older RPGs actually. There are quite a lot of good new ones around, but I think times have changed for some of us - some of us now have more responsibility and we can't devote the time to them that we once could.

Still, I'm waiting for more posts in MHP...I've been writing a new post and it's now looking like a novel, lol.[/color]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Oh wow I've ignored htis thread but I guess if the 2003 era is the old guard than I am on board too? does this mean I win? Good old days to me translates to Dragon Warrior being active. Otherwise I like it more now than then (maybe because I have the utmost respect of most of the memberbase now? XD)[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="Olive"]What about me Nom? You're my organ doner after all. What about us two man?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="HotPink"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"]Haha, yeah. We make a completely different group..Together we become the "Douches" of the OB. But that's alright. Wear your douchey-ness with pride, like me! :] Good times. I'm also your body guard if you don't remember, lol.

Rollypolly[/SIZE].[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='piccolo']I was surprise to see to see this thread. I haven't been around for a long time. there're a lot of changes. I wonder how's the Adam's Angel doing right now. :D Also, I still couldn't get over how good looking James (the admin) was...:D.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Man. How many years has it been since you've been here? Must be a while... "piccolo" is one of those names you can't log in as now, most are taken by now.. :P[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="HotPink"]Are you [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE="4"]OLD[/SIZE]? [SIZE="1"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="HotPink"]Jk. But anyway...All we have is Asuka now, out of the Angels.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Sandy']
Honestly, I've searched the internet over the years, but I have not found any place that would have as varied, creative and qualified selection of message board RPGs. We should all be very proud of the place as it is now (and of course this whole message board in general), and not long back to old times so urgently. After all, it was we, the active members of old and new, who have changed the place, not anybody else. ;D[/QUOTE]

That's the damned truth. I imagine those are the only reasons I still clock in at OB anymore. I've said it before, it was a major part, in some weird way, of my development through my early teens.

I'd like to contribute now as I did then, but...meh...maybe I will one day; maybe not. It was easier then, I think. Not just because of time, but because of a sense of duty. Even when I wasn't on one of my two or three staff stints, I felt I had a job to do in keeping things straight; mainly right here in Otaku Lounge.

It came from taking part in the formative years of OB. And also, from OB taking part in the formative years of my individuality. That sounds good, anyway.

Yep, I love this little place. It's got magic.

-Justin

[color=#606060]Discussions are all fine and good, but I pretty much agree with Sandy...it's the creative work on OB that makes the site historically worthwhile on the internet.

The thought of all of those stories and RPGs disappearing is very sad and I hope it never happens; they are worth preserving. Some of the RPGs on OB are far more entertaining to read than even some of the best fan fictions I've seen on the web.[/color]

Guest The Blue Jihad
[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR=DarkRed]Why do I find myself coming back? I cannot even answer that. Oh well.
[/COLOR][/quote]

I could always murder you. That tends to help people separate from things.

And when I think of the "Good Old Days" that's what I think of. Separating people from the things that mean the most to them. Like pride. A sense of self-worth. Love. Joy. And life!

As to what I'm up to these days, doing business with leadpipe cruelty, mercenary sensibility. You know... sports, sex, no real relationships.

[quote name='James'][color=#606060]Discussions are all fine and good, but I pretty much agree with Sandy...it's the creative work on OB that makes the site historically worthwhile on the internet.

The thought of all of those stories and RPGs disappearing is very sad and I hope it never happens; they are worth preserving. Some of the RPGs on OB are far more entertaining to read than even some of the best fan fictions I've seen on the web.[/color][/QUOTE]

Again, I agree in full. I've gone back re-read many a RP from days gone by. They are good fun.

The minds that have come together here, past and present, are at times, astoundingly imaginative. It's a good thing to have participated in.

-Justin

[quote name='James'][color=#606060]Although I also like the new stuff, I do miss some of the RPG groups we used to have. Out of anything that's probably what I miss most.[/color][/QUOTE][size=1]While I miss a lot of the old RP-ers I'm actually pretty fond of my current "RPG group." I'm lucky enough to be in three different RPGs with members of the Utah Crew (Rach, Mom, indifference, etc.) and I can honestly say I'm having more fun in The Arena now than I was when I moderated the place. There are so many talented writers here, I just wish they would post more often.

OB RPGs, like a fine wine, only seem to get better with age.

-Shy[/size]

[color=#606060]Yeah I would agree, just from my own observations I'd say that the Utah Crew are leading the pack with OB RPGs at the moment. They're reminding us all how it's done. :catgirl:

I think it's great that no matter how general activity goes up and down, there's always at least one or two great RPGs running. I really think we must have set an RPG record at some point in time, lol.[/color]

I imagine if there were an Otaku Guiness or something, there'd be some incredible records that have been set over the years.

I've notice just in my casual observance that the quality of the RP's and RPers has increased dramatically since the RPG forum days I recall best. It's no surprise, considering the significant changes made when it came to post quality and rules after the switch to v3.

I had always imagined then that OB would be fairly similar to what it is now.

much les netspk u no wut i meen???

-Justin

[color=#606060]Heheh, RPGs are always changing...and even the average ones today are pretty amazing compared to what we used to see. The only problem now is probably that there are more RPGs than dedicated RPG players.

Still, it's really good to see a mix of members RPing - I like seeing the older ones create stuff with the newer members. It's great stuff.

Even if I don't post in RPGs much, I do still read them occasionally. It's good to know that if the site is a bit slow, there's always plenty to read. :catgirl: [/color]

[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"]Compared to then, it is kind of...too formal. Nothing is flourishing unless you are obsessed with games, anime or roleplaying. If you are casual fans, you'll find yourself interested in posting once in a blue moon. I miss the old days and the old times. I miss Syk, Shinmaru, OtakuSennen, KKC, Deathknight you know, those guys...who...you know, used to post a lot. Now, nothing fun, nothing interesting. B-O-R-I-N-G

Why do I find myself coming back? I cannot even answer that. Oh well.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I've noticed there's not a whole lot going on with these boards... the last messg. board I was on regularly would get swamped with new posts and threads every day. if you missed a day, it was almost impossible to catch up. I come in here and nothing much has changed. then I sit here listening to pins drop... :rolleyes: