OtakuBoards

Ah, The Good Old Days...

JCBaggee

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]While I miss a lot of the old RP-ers I'm actually pretty fond of my current "RPG group." I'm lucky enough to be in three different RPGs with members of the Utah Crew (Rach, Mom, indifference, etc.) and I can honestly say I'm having more fun in The Arena now than I was when I moderated the place. There are so many talented writers here, I just wish they would post more often.

OB RPGs, like a fine wine, only seem to get better with age.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]Thanks. :catgirl: I assure you the feeling is mutual. I'll blame it solely on Beth/SunfallE though since she got me started on it and now I'm shamelessly addicted to RPGs They're just too much fun. [quote name='James'][color=#606060]Yeah I would agree, just from my own observations I'd say that the Utah Crew are leading the pack with OB RPGs at the moment. They're reminding us all how it's done. :catgirl:[/color][/QUOTE]I find it totally funny that there as so many of us from Utah. Joining here not only got me new friends online, but in real life as well. Though I haven't had the chance to meet Kathy and Aaryanna yet. I find that funny too since I've met the dog! XP But not the owner, and Aaryanna is so correct... that is one mean sounding little dog even though she's not. lol

I suspect that in a few years I'll look back on the RPGs and other things that I've been a part of since I joined, and then I'll be calling them the good old days. Heh.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Courier New"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I originally joined during v1/v2 for a few months with a horrible screen name like "Prefessional T.V. Watch." I was really big into Gundam Wing, it had just come out.

So then I joined up (again) a while after that as Duo Shinigami. I kept that name for a while, and then moved to Lalaith Ril. (Thats when I really started to RP) I look back at some of my RPG's and I was horrible when I started, it's almost embaressing. And then I again switched to my current screen name: Sui Generis.

I've grown up with this place in my own way. I was extrememly active at times, and other times I'd stop be a few times a month. It has a special place in my life, as silly as that sounds. I've seen most of the events that have occured here. I guess *this* account has been around since 2001. I can't say I'm the most memorable member, but this place has been memorable for me!

I miss the fun posts with DK, Queen Asuka, Myst, Shy, Transtic NErve, Nerdsy, Sere, Amber, Annie, GinnyLynn, Gavin (so glad you are still here), Des ( same goes to you), James (Stayin strong), hell I remember when Adam posted. :-p I really can't forget Britty Kitty, hell I spent 700 dollars on international calls in middle school talking to her. Haha that was a great time though:p

There were so many people that I absolutely had a blast talking to. This place has definatly grown, and it's been awesome watching it grow. I really do miss everyone, and the times, but OB keeps on tickin, huh?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Gray"]I joined here round '03 and I took a little break in between 05 and 07 so I could focus on school and graduate. Plus my internet got all gestapoed out.

As long as we're posting about nostalgia, I really miss when the Arena and the RPG's were seperate venues. Now, they're one in the same because people don't fight each other as much (I'm assuming). I miss the good old days posting with people like Solo Tremaine and Syk and as always, my good buddies Jacob and Steph. Still glad to know that we still all exist and post.

That being said, I like the forums right now. Lots of new people that post some good stuff, including Rach, Indifference, Jakehammeren, Digital Boy...etc. I wish I could be here enough to post on RP's but my tastes have kind of waned from there. I like posting in the Otaku Lounge and on Hardwired and Music and Movies, because my interests lie there now. Every once and a while, I'll take a peek into the Anime section when no one is looking :animeswea[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Frog Brigade']But, I have to ask. QA, is that treton_noir's baby you're having?[/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=hotpink]Why yes, it is! We have been married for almost two years and we are expecting our first (and I'm thinking only, haha) baby in May. Pretty exciting!

And I think he would be thrilled to know that someone remembered him, haha.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Annie is still around as [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=6652][u]Athena[/u][/url], though she isn't very active anymore. She seems to go missing for months at a time.

I miss playing Guild Wars with her. It was so hilarious when she got a jungle troll minipet for her character's birthday and totally cracked up as it roared away at her heels. I don't think I'll ever forget that.[/color][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=indigo]Awwwwww, Deb! You made me blush. I lub j00! I miss playing GW with you, and all the rest of our troupe, very muchly. Those were some very fun times.

I do visit the OB from time-to-time. I don't enjoy it as I once did because of various reasons. Mostly because life got in the way; got a full-time job at a local bank, got a boyfriend, have/had some stressful situations. Then whenever I did get the time, most of my friends were gone. Then I started mingling around, and nothing interested me. No RPGs seemed to catch my fancy, no threads here really revved me up (which, some will say is a good thing, lol).

I miss writing RPGs with Corey, Gavin (lub!), 'zeke and ULX (whatever he's deemed himself now, I have no clue), and Joe. I miss Greg and Mike, and I've recently just made contact with Des after a long period in time...which has made me happy. I miss Mimmi and our crazy Literati games and "innocent" converstations, lol. JAMES! I miss talking to James intensely. It sucks being on the other side of the world and time zone, plus working and spending time with loved ones. Makes it so hard to stay in contact with the Boss. And how could I forget the INSANITY of OB chatrooms? Now that was some good ****. My god, I miss those chatrooms. Oh, APB and buttered muffins.

AND! Bikini Bandits. I often thought of continuing/reduxing the second saga....but I forgot my storyline, lol..and I'm not sure if I could redo it because I don't know anyone now, and it'd be like....a history book, haha. So, I thought it'd be best to let it be. But I do miss the sexy adventures.

And since all us Oldies want to know what we've been up to...that boyfriend turned into a fiance! I, Annie, am engaged. Never thought that'd happen, right? lol[/color][/size]

[size=1]Joined in '03, oh yesss. About four years, I guess. I was young... eleven years old.

Nobody remembers my first username, but that's fine. Back in the days when I was motivated to start dabbling in Photoshop, dishing out banners and making repetitive art threads as Conna_da_fox. I used to think I was amazing at graphic art, and not many of you helped deflate my ego. :p

I think I made the most friends when I joined a Rurouni Kenshin RPG, I'm still very close friends with two of those people, but they no longer come here any more. We made a sequel to that RPG and everything, it was really a great experience, I had never gotten so involved with other members in an RPG like that. We tried to be serious about it at first, but then it just became an off-the-wall monster of humor. I laughed so hard typing most of those posts that I would actually bang my head on the desk on accident, haha. :)[/size]

[quote name='Athena'][size=1][color=indigo]I miss writing RPGs with Corey, Gavin (lub!)[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Have to say Annie, it'd be great to have you and Corey around the Arena again, we could always launch another Black Horizon RPG, it'd be what the sixth or seventh in the series ? :animesmil [/SIZE]