OtakuBoards

A Change If You Will

Japan

[COLOR="Olive"]DB, I wish I could have banned that member for posting crap in your threads. It just bugs me, and what was worse was his grammer. "What are u talking about." Oi, even when I wasn't good at posting, I didn't dare to make that mistake. Now come on, really. "What are you talking about?" would have been a little bit better.

And dude, you get rewarded for your efferts. We say good job once and a while. Now it's the little thinks that matter. :P OB is actually better without a cloud of members rushing to the place every hour. It's peaceful and much more friendly with only a few members on constantly. Even though it could use a little more people.[/COLOR]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="Olive"]DB, I wish I could have banned that member for posting crap in your threads. It just bugs me, and what was worse was his grammer. "What are u talking about." Oi, even when I wasn't good at posting, I didn't dare to make that mistake. Now come on, really. "What are you talking about?" would have been a little bit better.

And dude, you get rewarded for your efferts. We say good job once and a while. Now it's the little thinks that matter. :P OB is actually better without a cloud of members rushing to the place every hour. It's peaceful and much more friendly with only a few members on constantly. Even though it could use a little more people.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
I weeped big tears when no one commented on the last released OB Newspaper. And if that doesn't say 'inactivity', nothing does.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]
I weeped big tears when no one commented on the last released OB Newspaper. And if that doesn't say 'inactivity', nothing does.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]It also says I'm lazy? Since I read it, started writing up a comment and then got busy and never got back to it. >_<

I know things have slowed down around here, but then I haven't been here a year yet so I assumed it was normal, what with school starting again for so many people. Besides on some level, people have to make their own fun instead of waiting on others to do it or wasting time getting upset over inside jokes. There's always been some sort of inside joke going on between different members that I have no idea what it refers to and yet it never made OB lame or boring. XP

As James said, get out there and do something. Make threads, join rpg's or start art threads. In other words stop looking for all the negative stuff since I can guarantee you that if that's what your looking for, you'll always find it. Try looking for the fun stuff or creating it yourself. Complaining is easy, putting in effort, well is just that, something that requires more than simply complaining. ;)

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Anyway, about all this inside joke nonesense, it can be annoying at times. I [i]do not[/i] like to be called Rat Boy for instance, in fact I take offense to it when anyone other than indifference uses it. She gets to because she is a personal friend who even asked permission to call me that, so really it should only be an 'inside joke' between the two of us - it's not as inside as I'd like it to be right now ^^;; [/COLOR][/QUOTE]lol When I decided to put that in my signature after asking you if you cared, I didn't expect other people to start calling you that. So it's an inside joke that was never intended to take off.

I do find it hilarious that people are actually spending time and energy to get upset over inside jokes though. I've been seeing some form of that since I joined and like Rach... It never occurred to me to think OB was lame because of the jokes, instead I went and made friends and got involved in things around the site.

Anyway, in the two plus years that I've been here activity is always fluctuating. From more busy to less active to more busy and on and on, an endless cycle. And like Charles said...
[INDENT]OtakuBoards is always dying from something. Strict rules, inside jokes Gavin and Alex-- the list goes on and on.

[B]Join my RPGs if you want to save OB.[/B][/INDENT]
So what are all of you waiting for? Quit whining! He already posted the solution! Go and join his RPGs! lol[/COLOR]

[color=crimson]Then there is that time when I used the wrong inside joke on the other amusing guy with an orange font that has so much to say.

I think what we take away from this discussion so far is that:

1.) AzureWolf will make a mental note of when your sense of humor sucks. After passing on from this life, you will face his judgment and endure the proper punishment in purgatory.

2.) Make sure you know what the hell you're saying and to who. Inside jokes are confusing enough without saying them to the wrong people.[/color]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Like today, I came on and there's been no new threads since yesterday, only one or two new posts (at least the RPGs are running...) and then there was a post in two of my threads that I made yesterday which I got all excited about... only to find out that it was some random spammer who both times just said 'what are you talking about?' And to add insult to injury, they've been there all day and no one's come along to delete the posts or ban the member :animesigh[/COLOR][/QUOTE]*poke* I'm assuming one of the other AL mods got to it, but I've been swamped with homework by teachers determined to make sure I can't enjoy my upcoming fall break which starts this Thursday. XP I just spent over six hours doing homework.

Anyway... It's simple really. Others have already said it, get out there and have fun! If you're bored, like my mom would say, you're old enough to entertain yourself, so really, just do it!. Don't wait on someone else to do it for you. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Anyway, about all this inside joke nonesense, it can be annoying at times. I [i]do not[/i] like to be called Rat Boy for instance, in fact I take offense to it when anyone other than indifference uses it. She gets to because she is a personal friend who even asked permission to call me that, so really it should only be an 'inside joke' between the two of us - it's not as inside as I'd like it to be right now ^^;;[/color][/quote]

Aww, sorry if I've offended you, since I'm also one of those who have called you a Rat Boy, but I find it kind of endearing. It makes you like... a mascot of OB, or something. ;D

Besides, inside jokes are something you can't really control. Once someone "gets it", they're on the inside. Currently, and pardon my exaggeration, half of OB's memberbase are inside that one joke, so it's not much of an inside joke anymore, just a friendly pun.

Just like the voodoo doll image of myself to which so many people want to stick pins at. ;P

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Anyway, I don't know why I'm complaining, I don't have the time for OB to be active these days, even if I do more than my part yo help make it that way (without reward!)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

You say you don't have the time, but I still see you here everyday. ;P But hey, I'm the same! XD

Ironically, the best OB inside joke stemmed from when Azurewolf started whining and crying because he couldn't see the OB Staff forum. Anyone remember that? lol

It was awesome, indeed. Does anyone remember which thread that was in? Linkage?

Edit: Oh wait, here it is! Post forty.

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=45377&page=3[/url]

[quote name='Charles']Ironically, the best OB inside joke stemmed from when Azurewolf started whining and crying because he couldn't see the OB Staff forum. Anyone remember that? lol

It was awesome, indeed. Does anyone remember which thread that was in? Linkage?[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]I have the thread bookmarked: [thread=45377][u]Moderation[/u][/thread], starting at post #40.

I still find it hilarious that my nomination of the "Deal With This Member" Thread actually made it into the final Nifty Fifty.

[b]Edit[/b]
OMG Charles has leet edit button hax. :o[/color]

[quote name='AzureWolf'][COLOR=green]That's hilarious. The "best" inside joke on OB pertained to me and until now, I hadn't the slightest clue. I think this speaks volumes about the aforementioned poor quality of joke execution at OB.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

You were not aware because it is an inside joke in the staff forum. Sucks you can't see it.

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]OtakuBoards is always dying from something. Strict rules, inside jokes Gavin and Alex-- the list goes on and on.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I'll bet you only posted that because I'm in it right Crystia ? :p

Speaking of inside jokes, anyone else remember Mitch's "banal piss" ?[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I'll bet you only posted that because I'm in it right Crystia ? :p[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Of course. :p After all, just think of the damage you've done! Your [[SIZE="1"][B]Interesting, Most Interesting [/B][/SIZE]] catch phrase nearly caused OB to die for good! Though it was rather funny, even if I never did know why you used it. Hehe.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Anyway, about all this inside joke nonesense, it can be annoying at times. I [i]do not[/i] like to be called Rat Boy for instance, in fact I take offense to it when anyone other than indifference uses it. She gets to because she is a personal friend who even asked permission to call me that, so really it should only be an 'inside joke' between the two of us - it's not as inside as I'd like it to be right now ^^;;[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Ah, fine. I'll stop. I'll miss it, but I'll stop.

Although I have to agree with Sandy. It's almost a term of endearment.

Also, You're not [I]like[/I] a mascot, you [U]are[/U] a mascot. I mean, who else is ever actually here? (besides me. I barely have an opinion around here.) Who keeps half the place running? Oddly enough, it's you.

You punk.

EDIT: I just noticed that Allamorph sigged me. Maybe I DO belong! (Or maybe I'm just way too happy about this.)

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Of course. :p After all, just think of the damage you've done! Your [[SIZE="1"][B]Interesting, Most Interesting [/B][/SIZE]] catch phrase nearly caused OB to die for good! Though it was rather funny, even if I never did know why you used it. Hehe.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, it was a paraphrasing of Darth Vader's "Impressive, most impressive" line from Episode V. I used it because it was something original for the time, and it helped me win a Nifty Fifty a few years back. :animesmil[/SIZE]

Guest The Blue Jihad
I say we should just pit Japan and AzureWolf against each other in a fight to the death, videotape it, host the vid, and then discuss it in OL. That'll spice things up a bit.

Or better yet, a bunch of you can meet up with me and Charles for our McDonalds Fight Club.

[quote name='The Blue Jihad']I say we should just pit Japan and AzureWolf against each other in a fight to the death, videotape it, host the vid, and then discuss it in OL. That'll spice things up a bit.

Or better yet, a bunch of you can meet up with me and Charles for our McDonalds Fight Club.[/QUOTE]

I thought the first two rules were you don't talk about that!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Anyway, about all this inside joke nonesense, it can be annoying at times. I [i]do not[/i] like to be called Rat Boy for instance, in fact I take offense to it when anyone other than indifference uses it. She gets to because she is a personal friend who even asked permission to call me that, so really it should only be an 'inside joke' between the two of us - it's not as inside as I'd like it to be right now ^^;; [/COLOR][/QUOTE]I can't remember if I've ever really called you that or not. I think of you as DB since I'm too lazy to type your whole user name out. If I ever did, it certainly wasn't meant as an offense. It reminds me of the post DeathKnight did about the hierarchy of arguers where you had your own tier and were responsible for getting rid of the rodents at OB. lol

Anyway... the never ending cycle of things being slow, things picking up again and the OB is dying bit. XP As well as the magical belief that others can and should be entertaining you when you're capable of doing so yourself by starting threads, getting involved and doing things. It's not that hard really. ^_~[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='The Blue Jihad']I say we should just pit Japan and AzureWolf against each other in a fight to the death, videotape it, host the vid, and then discuss it in OL. That'll spice things up a bit.

Or better yet, a bunch of you can meet up with me and Charles for our McDonalds Fight Club.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Can't you be creative enough to find a more interesting pairing? Two sexy ladies fighting to the death is better than just one...against a guy. Or perhaps I'd win because I am just that awesome.[/COLOR]