OtakuBoards

Sad Anime Deaths

koon

When I first watched [spoiler]the Hansel and Gretel storyline[/spoiler] from [i]Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage, [/i]that was almost too much for me. I don't know why it had such an effect on me; maybe I'm getting old! I recently re-watched a scene towards the end of that arc [spoiler](when Gretel's singing, and you can see in a previous scene Hansel's lifeless body on the ground)[/spoiler] and my reaction was just as strong. I mean, [spoiler]when they were both alive, they went through absolute hell.[/spoiler] That one really shook me. Edited by Pleiades Rising

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly...[spoiler] Elsa's[/spoiler] death in the [spoiler]Gunslinger Girl[/spoiler] series was the saddest death ever. [spoiler]The emotional attachment that poor little girl had to a guy who would NEVER give two flying fu@#s about her.... even though she would have died for him....[/spoiler] I felt so horrible for her.

also...beeswax injection of random happiness.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Gunslinger' date='10 December 2007 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1197335521' post='641270']
I would have to say the saddest ending ive ever seen in an anime ever was the end of Cowboy Bebop. Spike was my fave :animecry:(avatar) but i still love it to this very day! I had a manly breakdown <_< >_> where i almost cried when i saw it end.

The ending to Evangelion was also a heart breaker.
[/quote]
[size="4"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#FF00FF"]]To me this was probably one if not the most bummer death in all the animes to me as well. Just something about Spike was soooooo cool. Why did he have to parish? **Soft machine gun sobs*

-Sensei Fuzzball[/color][/font][/size]

Odd that this topic got bumped right when I was about to post a new topic about the series I'm watching now.

[b]Casshern: Sins [/b]has really thrown me for a loop.  I bought both sets thinking I was in for a post-apocalyptic robot fight show done in a similar to to old-school style of [b]Eight Man[/b] or [b]Kikaider [/b]series.  I'm about halfway through the show and it's definitely post-apocalyptic and chock-a-block full of robots who always seem to be fighting one another.

But what I wasn't expecting was the heartwrenching drama that pervades every episode.  Nearly each one includes a scene where someone is dying (or continuing to live) under some horrible circumstance.  Even though most are just one-shot characters that you've only spent maybe twenty minutes with you can't help but feel saddened by their passing.  

• 3 weeks later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]One word... Saikano... (She, the Ultimate Weapon) Sadness incarnate. I'm not going to go into specifics, all the deaths are sad, that's all I'm saying... WATCH IT AND CRY! (Manly tears if you're a guy of course) [/color][/font]

• 1 month later...