OtakuBoards

Idea: Ridiculously Over-powered and Mature Kiddies RPG Anyone?

AngryBarista

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]So I was reading through a few of the current and past RP's, and well while some of them are top quality reads [in between playing Harvest Moon - I'm that hardcore - and working two jobs, the only RP time I get here is the reading time], others are becoming more and more lacklustre, and some of the more common roleplayers surface with each large-scale RPG that is run. Not to point the finger or make out that there's a problem here, but it's almost like I've seen the same group of players in all the big ones every time a big one hits :animedepr
[Yes, you put the effort in. Kudos to you]

Anyway moving on more to the point.
So while I was reading some of the 'not so successful' RPs I noticed a common element; [B]the characters were ridiculously underage, with overly mature ideas and situations being played out. The characters being suggested or put forward have mature personalities and outlooks.[/B]

Not that there's a problem with this, but I've noticed that when you play a role of a 17 year old with a 29 year old personality, the age gap within the character clashes, and you can't really get into it.
Feel free to correct my wrongness here if you can do so without flamage :)

So here's my basic off the cuff idea:
Let's do a play on failure, let's aim to tackle world politics with 10 year olds pulling the strings; let's take over the planet with toddlers; let's play the role of religious leader with a pre-schooler.
Not only will we be ridiculously young, but we will have the brains and thought processes of 30 year olds, and the financial capacities of world leaders. We will be trained in all schools of magick and weaponry far better than anyone who has unlocked all licences in the 'Weapons' category on the license board in Final Fantasy XII.

Thoughts and questions? Post them here.
Problems? If you can keep the blame flame and name [calling] to a minimum post away, otherwise complaints go straight to me so no one know's you're being silly :P

Thanks guys
-Sat[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I do surely hope you're not complaining about a single rpg that I participate or have participated in. I.E. Gifts And Curses, In Which Stuff Happens, or Almagest Legacy. And you don't say how far back you were reading, because your insinuations in that first paragraph there are somewhat vague. But I can be vague too. Or I could get specific and kick your rear up and down the block for finding fault with people who are RPing for their benefit, not yours.

So clean the wax from your ears and listen up.

There is no reason for you to complain, or judge others for what they do when they have fun. If you think an RP idea is ridiculous, spare yourself the trouble and don't read it. Don't comment on it. Let people have their fun, because that's precisely why people have come here. And now to correct your [b]"wrongness."[/b] The idea of a 17 year old with a 29 year old personality is purely your opinion. I know several dozen good writers here that could pull off such a character with no clash at all. Of course if you're referring to the multitude of RPs plaguing the boards right now that are made of failure and lame, then perhaps you have a point. Maybe a point riddled with words that don't exist, but a point anyway.

I'm also not sure why you draw attention to the fact that you're also very busy, because plenty of people that do RPs here have little time on their hands, but the ability to budget time in such a way that they still can. I do evening clerical work for the regional sales manager of AT&T, I take 19 units a quarter at a state University, and I still scrape out time to spend on OB and take care of my ailing 85 year old grandmother. See? I can do it too.

Your 'off the cuff' idea is not terribly original, except for the part where it demands excellent writers, which you seem to feel don't exist in this part of OB. You complain about overpowered kiddies and large RPs that are unfortunately shallow, and yet the ideas you're proposing here are comprised of essentially just that. The way you spell [b]'magick'[/b] for example. Did you study under Aleister Crowley or are you just trying to sound smart? Taking over the world with toddlers. I'm sorry, but unless you taught them how to drive tanks, hypnotize, and possibly fire high powered, high caliber turret guns- Oh wait, why am I apologizing? I'm not sorry. And there's something just deliciously tragic about that.

Let me take the time to list just a few rather good, current RPs. I'll even add ones that I'm not participating in, simply because the people in them are just so great.

"Silver One."
"The Almagest Legacy."
"Project Starship."
"The Ragnarok"

Before you start to complain about the same people over and over doing RPs you can't get behind because you can't understand them, or get admitted into them, simply stop, and think. What would a smart person do? Oh yeah. I remember now. Not. Complain.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"] op guy, the thing is not about the ages, it's the preference of people who suck. Basically, most of the sucky rps are made by people who watch ****** anime and play ****** videogames and go to recreate that ******ness in an rp. meanwhole, the people who are good writers just happen to not like those things and therefor don't write about them. It's all a matter of skill in corospondance to preference. the OB elite are mature, after all.

Personally, I try to make my RPGs as stupidly overblown as possible, and I don't care about the ages. I'll be up for your little idea if I get to make the game, lol. After all, my character in Shinigami Dance was, like, 9, in mind and body at least. [/COLOR]

[size=1]If you don't like the RPGs being written on OB [i]make your own[/i]. Duh.

This site is part of a larger anime fan community, so inevitably you are going to see a lot of anime/video game-based RPGs here. Some are done better than others, and generally the better ones achieve a greater level of success. Being established within the community helps to draw extra attention to your project, but it's not totally neccessary.

Goodness knows I've created dozens of RPGs, and the majority of them have been tremendous failures. Just post something up and see if it sticks.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Satori'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]So I was reading through a few of the current and past RP's, and well while some of them are top quality reads [in between playing Harvest Moon - I'm that hardcore - and working two jobs, the only RP time I get here is the reading time], others are becoming more and more lacklustre, and some of the more common roleplayers surface with each large-scale RPG that is run. Not to point the finger or make out that there's a problem here, but it's almost like I've seen the same group of players in all the big ones every time a big one hits :animedepr
[Yes, you put the effort in. Kudos to you][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]In all honesty, you?ve lost me with this part. I mean to be blunt, how does this really tie into the rest of your post? Most people, successful or not, rpg because they enjoy it, not to ensure that it?s not[I] ?lacklustre?[/I] to whoever just might happen to read it. ;) After all it?s for the participants enjoyment more than anything else. If creators tried to make sure no one got bored with an rpg they ran, no one would ever do so.

And if it?s not a problem, then why bother to bring it up? As Raiha said, let people have their fun. They don't need to worry about whether or not they've been in a lot of successful rpg's or not. Honestly, that just seems silly if you ask me. I would have thought that the fact that you keep seeing the same people participate is because you know? they?re enjoying themselves and that?s what this section of the boards is about. [quote name='Satori'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Anyway moving on more to the point.
So while I was reading some of the 'not so successful' RPs I noticed a common element; [B]the characters were ridiculously underage, with overly mature ideas and situations being played out. The characters being suggested or put forward have mature personalities and outlooks.[/B]

Not that there's a problem with this, but I've noticed that when you play a role of a 17 year old with a 29 year old personality, the age gap within the character clashes, and you can't really get into it.
Feel free to correct my wrongness here if you can do so without flamage :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]You could have started here to begin with really, stating how you?ve noticed that this style of rpging was being done and that you noticed it wasn?t really successful and then launched into why you felt it wasn?t successful. Leaving the baggage of the first paragraph out altogether.

As to why someone can?t get into it, I think DB is correct in that it has to be something that you want to do. And whether or not it?s believable is again, besides the point. So long as those participating in the rpg are having fun, it?s irrelevant. I?m going to point back to Raiha again here and point out that you can simply not read it at all if it's really annoying or boring. There are plenty of rpg?s here I don?t read for different reasons. Some, nothing more than the fact that though well done, it?s not the type of story that appeals to me.[quote name='Satori'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]So here's my basic off the cuff idea:
Let's do a play on failure, let's aim to tackle world politics with 10 year olds pulling the strings; let's take over the planet with toddlers; let's play the role of religious leader with a pre-schooler.
Not only will we be ridiculously young, but we will have the brains and thought processes of 30 year olds, and the financial capacities of world leaders. We will be trained in all schools of magick and weaponry far better than anyone who has unlocked all licences in the 'Weapons' category on the license board in Final Fantasy XII.

Thoughts and questions? Post them here.
Problems? If you can keep the blame flame and name [calling] to a minimum post away, otherwise complaints go straight to me so no one know's you're being silly :P

Thanks guys
-Sat[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]I have no interest in an idea like this really. I think the fact that I?ve never joined an rpg that does this speaks for itself. Because for one, like you said, it?s often poorly done and two, even if it wasn?t, it?s one of those concepts that doesn?t appeal to me.

Oh and before you comment about blame/flame/etc. You might want to re-read your first paragraph and take into consideration how that comes across or could be taken wrong. Because it sounds like your whining over the fact that the same group of people are in successful rpg?s when there is no good reason to whine other than in your opinion, it seems that they aren?t entertaining you as much as they should. I?m not saying that?s what you meant, but that is how it comes across.

[FONT=Arial]Wow. This has got to be biggest, most blatant case of mass over-reaction I have ever seen. Good job, guys.

So let's try this again.
[quote name='Satori][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]So I was reading through a few of the current and past RP's, and well while some of them are top quality reads [in between playing Harvest Moon - I'm that hardcore - and working two jobs, the only RP time I get here is the reading time], others are becoming more and more lacklustre, and some of the more common roleplayers surface with each large-scale RPG that is run. Not to point the finger or make out that there's a problem here, but it's almost like I've seen the same group of players in all the big ones every time a big one hits.[/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]
Well, yeah, and that basically boils down to skill as a writer. I could go on and on about factors in playing, lasting power, and even signing up, but I think I'll let the other members [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58043"][COLOR="Blue"]speak for themselves[/COLOR][/URL]. (Since they seem to have forgotten. :p) I think you'll find the stuff in there rather enlightening. Granted, it [I]is[/I] mostly the same echelon responding that go for the "large-scale", but it still retains its usefulness, I think.

In simpler words: birds of a feather....

Moving to the actual material....
[quote name='Neuvoxraiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Of course if you're referring to the multitude of RPs plaguing the boards right now that are [U]made of failure and lame[/U], then perhaps you have a point.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
He was. Not in so many words; but yes, that was his target demographics. Thank you, come again.

The explanation for what you noticed, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Satori[/COLOR], is pretty simple. You're looking at people who are essentially playing as themselves, but injected with a good portion of how they imagine themselves to be. (I fall into that category myself, actually, but mostly because I never see anyone else using characters with extremely odd dispositions.) In most of those situations, the RPs' content is rather gratuitous ? or rather, what the players really want to have happen, but most likely would not actually happen were the situation as "true-to-life" as it could be. And the others have a point there: the players are having fun doing what they're doing.

So you noticed that certain characteristics of the "failed" RPs tend to be markédly similar. I'm sure you also notice that these same RPs tend to crop up faster than most of the "good" ones, which would account for the way they outnumber the failed "good" games as well. So really, then, it might not be that the story/content just doesn't work, but that sheer volume has affected your observation.

[quote name='Shy][SIZE="1"]If you don't like the RPGs being written on OB [I]make your own.[/I'] Duh.[/SIZE][/quote]
That's what he was suggesting. Well, not the dislike part, but you get my meaning.

As for your concept: satirically, it might be fun, but there's only certain types of ridiculousness that I can tolerate for long periods of time, and playacting as a savant seven-year-old is probably going to turn out to not be on that list. I know you want to take what you see as a really bad idea and see if good players can make it work, just for the sheer hell of it, but I'm probably not going to be one of them. (Really, I can't see that story going places, is all. Too much god-mod, imo.)

But yeah. As you can plainly see, you might want to watch how you word things around here. Bad things tend to happen. :rolleyes:

[SIZE="1"](I feel like I'm forgetting to address something. We'll see.)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]You do realize that he was so blisteringly vague, that it's hardly possible to fault me for being able to divine his target audience. Or is it just target?

The point is that his vague accusations of what he doesn't like in rps could very well relate to say Gifts and Curses. Which you and I are both in Morphy dear. It's hard to know for sure. Maybe naming names would've been a good idea, so there was a distinct lack of confusion.

Since wording things wrong here is clearly a road to Raiha Verbal Bum Rape.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm also not sure how one would define success with an RPG.

As far as I'm concerned, if the players involved are enjoying it...then it's successful. It doesn't matter [i]who[/i] is participating or how great the visual presentation is.

I do think that all you can do is test an idea out and see how it goes. I'm planning a new RPG, but I have no idea if it'll do well - for all I know, it might bomb. But that's okay. At least I tried.

Everyone takes that risk. Many of the "successful" RPG creators have had plenty of failures over the years. So, it happens.

And, yeah, guys...it's probably not necessary to react too seriously to this type of thing. If you overreact you won't present your case well. We can definitely state our opinions without jumping on each other.

I believe that Satori simply needs to focus on creating his own RPG if he feels that what's out there now isn't serving his interest. I'd tell anyone the same thing.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I'm planning a new RPG, but I have no idea if it'll do well - for all I know, it might bomb. But that's okay. At least I tried.[/font][/QUOTE][size=1]Even if your title would be "Stinky Binky in the forest of smelliness" and the story would be about a walking French cheese and his friend mister lamppost, then you'd still get tons of sign ups.

... Though that was probably a wrong example, because I'd definitely sign up for the above RP anyhow. Ah well, you get the point.[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]You'd be surprised. I've had plenty of RPG failures, believe me, haha.

Besides, even if you have 100 auditions...people might drop out after two days. I've certainly experienced that before too.

So I don't put too much stock into my own RPGs. :catgirl:[/font]

*ignores Allamorph* :p[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]And, yeah, guys...it's probably not necessary to react too seriously to this type of thing. If you overreact you won't present your case well. We can definitely state our opinions without jumping on each other.

I believe that Satori simply needs to focus on creating his own RPG if he feels that what's out there now isn't serving his interest. I'd tell anyone the same thing.[/font][/QUOTE]Regardless of what Allamorph said, Raiha pinned it down pretty good. The vague nature of the thread didn't really help things. So if it seems like an overreaction, it isn't meant as one. lol

Personally I agree with what you are saying here James, if what's out there doesn't suit Satori then it sounds like they need to create their own RPG. I've only done one myself and even with using someone else's basic concept it was a lot of work, so I think it's fair to simply say [I]hey, I don't see anything I like, how about this? [/I]

It gets your point across and yet helps to keep the feather ruffling down to a minimum. I do agree with Allamorph on that point, wording is everything, especially on a message board where more often than not you don't know the person, can't see their facial expression and can't instantly determine their intent. ;) Though you can ignore the [I]bad things happen[/I] part after that.

Bad rpg's have similar elements . . .

Why not. I've proposed two rpg ideas here that have bombed, probably because they were poorly written or something.:animesmil[SIZE="1"]getting back on topic[/SIZE]
It sounds like you're making fun of people who don't make the rps that you like. Instead of complaining about overpowered and over-mature children cropping up every day, why not explain why you think its a bad story element and how the story can be improved. The general idea here being:

[B][SIZE="3"]DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT[/SIZE][/B]

Seriously. What happened to community? Making an game based on weird ideas is part of what makes Otaku Boards great, but your reasons for it are shallow and one-sided based on your views of good writing.

[QUOTE]There are plenty of rpg?s here I don?t read for different reasons. Some, nothing more than the fact that though well done, it?s not the type of story that appeals to me.[/QUOTE]
This is funny for an odd reason. I don't read The Almagest Legacy because I don't like the setting, and it's one of the biggest games up right now.

Question: What defines an RP as 'succesful'?

[quote name='Satori'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]

Feel free to correct my wrongness here if you can do so without flamage :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Do you mean the player can't get into their character because of age differences? If so, then that's pretty irritating, because I'm sure I can pull of a 25 year old better than some writers who appear on here [i]who are actually 25[/i]. That being said, so can half the underage population of role players. If you don't mean that, then fair does and I apologise. I think I'm just pointing out the vagueness some people have already commented on.

And why do I keep hearing my game popping up and about? Not that I'm obsessive, though I am a little paranoid now. I hope no one seriously means me. If you actually do, which I have no idea if you do or not, then go ahead and say.

I'd also be careful about how you worded the first post, mate - it was quite easy to take offence. Those "lacklustre" RPGs are written by writers (duh), and I reckon openly insulting their work is a very dangerous area to trek into.

Like everyone else said, do something about it. You make friends through RPGs, that's why your 'friends' are drawn to your RPGs. And I know that half the time a lot of people who I've RPGed before join my RPGs, one after the other sometimes, but guess what? That isn't my fault at all. Let them join it. I haven't changed my style of RPGs in years - only the stories. Maybe the style draws the same people. I'm clearly welcome to any new ideas - you know half the RPGs here throw away Newbies and tell them to 'get lost' or something. I give new players a chance more times than I actually should. New faces, new friends, and you can help make a really good RPGer. If I didn't give a new face a chance, I'd never have met Darren - I had [i]no[/i] idea how good he was, never read his posts before. He's awesome. Same for half the other friends I made.

People are drawn to their friends RPGs, or anything they find interesting. That's something everyone has to admit. Here's the solution: makes friends, make good RPGs, come up with ideas, and even propose making an RPG with other players in the arena.

And can people stop making me paranoid, please? I'm not even sure what's going on. If anyone actually was insulting me/my game/[i]anyone elses[/i] for that fact then at least say it openly, alright =/. It's not as if I greatly care all that much (I think I care enough to make a few points of defence, but that's it).[/SIZE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Ouch Raiha that all cut deep. Real deep.
And it hasn't even been 24 hours and I already have 12 posts to read an reply to. Personal best, go me :P [insignificant unknown poster scores!]

This wasn't really aimed as a complaint, rather a silly idea for an RP. I just wanted to gauge the reaction to an idea of a blunt exaggeration of some of the games I've read over the past year.
Sorry if I offended I really didn't mean to ^^;
And I think Allamorph kinda hit the nail on the head.
Oh, and this thread [b]was[/b] my attempt at making my own RPG, Shy...
And...I actually haven't applied for ANY RP's for over an age, and if I have I've forgotten...
Anyway yeah it's not really a complaint but just a fun idea I was throwing out there. I think it's fun anyway.
Anyway I'll go back into hiding now. This caused too much trouble than it was worth.
Sorry for wasting your time :animestun

[b]EDIT:[/b] Wow I just read my opening post in a context that maybe some of you were looking at it in, and yeah I sound like a prig.
Forget I ever mentioned any of this.
And I always spell magick as magick...unless someone starting a game spells it a different way. I just go with what's being lead as my current example. [Current example is FFXII...so sorry for sounding 'self-righteous']
Over-reaction much?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Satori'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Over-reaction much?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]On both sides really, so lets not move into martyr mode please? You've admitted how your post could have been taken wrong and others have indicated that it wasn't their intent to give you too much grief. If anything you could take it as an excellent lesson in being more clear on your ideas since I would imagine that running an rpg won't work if your players are not understanding what you are getting at. ;)

Perhaps you could clarify a bit more as to the actual scenario or storyline where these overpowered kids would be placed? It's an interesting concept, but it would help to know just what type of story you have in mind, or did you have anything beyond the general idea itself?

[size=1]I apololgize that I misread your post. It didn't seem like you had any intent of creating an RPG. I thought you were merely being faceitous to point out your dislike of them. Anyway...

I've always wanted to do an "RPG cliche" RPG, where each character was a different stereotype. Vampires, Elemental Mages, Tokyo Assassins, etc. The real problem with doing something like that is that comedy RPGs have never done very well on the site. There have been a few exceptions, mind you, but the greatest RPG success stories have always been projects that take themselves way too seriously.

So as Mom said, I'd like to hear more about your idea. Perhaps if the story was right something like this could turn out to be pretty popular.

-Shy[/size]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]By all means if you guys want to take the idea a step further and flesh it out, be my guests. I'm stepping down like I mentioned a post ago.
I have a lot of learning to do if I'm to get anything across properly so I'll busy myself doing that before I make any attempts at starting an RP.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Satori][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]By all means if you guys want to take the idea a step further and flesh it out, be my guests. I'm stepping down like I mentioned a post ago.
I have a lot of learning to do if I'm to get anything across properly so I'll busy myself doing that before I make any attempts at starting an RP.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]My turn.

[CENTER][SIZE="6"][I]*THWACK*[/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Right, so a few people misunderstood your post. Big deal, man. You expressed an idea, and after things got sane again some other guys said "go for it". And now what do you do? Right after I get through bloody defending you, what do you do?

You up and throw the [I]"I'm obviously not worthy"[/I] card. Excuse me while I overreact.

Look, people are gonna say ugly things, and people are gonna get reactionary, sometimes for no good reason at all. If you can't deal with it?if you don't learn to realize that sometimes people [I]screw up[/I]?then you're probably going to spend the rest of your bloody life backing up like this. Get a grip and cancel the pity party.

Here's the gist of the advice so far. You wanna make this satirical game? Go ahead and build it, come back when it's close, and try and sell that. That's what Sandy and Shy did with Almagest (unless I'm so utterly pissed off right now that I can't remember Jack Bupkus, let [I]alone[/I] seeing straight); interest-gaging threads don't usually garner much interest, oddly enough, but concept presentation threads do.

Go. Make. Bring back. See what happens.

I'd like to believe you have a spine.[/FONT]

[quote name='Satori'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I'll be back.
Later.
With the idea in a more fleshed out manner.

Til then I'm taking a step back. Yes?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]This is where I hiss at you and cry Coward.

People will always be there to tell you about your failings, and by people, I mostly mean me. Or Allamorph if he's not too busy eviscerating the neighbor's cats.

If you want a satirical story you could've joined In Which Stuff Happens. This is where I kick you and Shy and everyone else who ever liked the idea but didn't go for it when I had the story up and running. Not that it ever died in the official sense, school just started and drove people away with the whip back to the world of dullness and slog and education.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Satori'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I'll be back.
Later.
With the idea in a more fleshed out manner.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]Good. ^_~[quote name='Satori'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Til then I'm taking a step back. Yes?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]I would say that's an excellent idea actually. From what I've seen in this thread it's a clear indication of how hard it can be to convey what you have in mind correctly. Trust me I know. It's one thing to sit there and think.. this would be fun to do... and yet another to go to someone else and clearly explain what you want or have in mind. To give you an idea I sent my initial sign up sheet for Silver One to Sandy and he sent it back after pointing out all the glaring contradictions and potential things that could turn others off to it. It was quite harsh and yet supremely useful for improving the concept.

In the end misunderstandings are on some level unavoidable and yet they are really useful to help you see where you went wrong or to determine if there isn't an audience for what you have in mind. Or to even help you improve upon the idea, making it better. I would like to give you one bit of advice though and that is to not take it personal or to get upset. I've dealt with a few arguments or rather disagreements in my own rpg and though they weren't serious, they did show me how important is is to not take it personally. Especially when it was nothing more than a difference in opinion as to what people like to see happen.

Plus, you're almost always going to find mistakes or that you forgot to clarify something and it's easy to immediately feel stupid that you forgot to include the information upfront. I know I still feel silly when someone asks for clarification and I'm like [[SIZE="1"]insert Homer Simpson duh here[/SIZE]] because it was crystal clear in my mind, but obviously the other person can't read my mind. So I'd chalk this one up to a learning experience that will better help you create an rpg in the sense that [I]yes you know what you'd like to try[/I] and that [I]yes I need a better format to present my idea more clearly[/I]. ^_~[/FONT][/COLOR]