OtakuBoards

Cookies Versus Crackers: The Legendary Debate

Japan

[SIZE="1"]Everyone loves to snack. But the big question here is do you prefer sweet or do you prefer salty. If you prefer, name some of your favorite kinds and why. If you can choose, then say so!

I prefer cookies personally. Chocolate chip and ginger snaps are my absolute favorite. I'm afraid that if they were around too often, I just might lose my girly figure. The only annoying thing is when I am stuck baking them. Standing in a kitchen with no bar to sit at all day bores the heck out of me.

Let the debate begin![/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"]It varies. I hardly ever eat either cookies or crackers, but I do crave sweet or savory foods quite often.

For several days in a row, all I had to eat at lunch was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a ton of fruit, and a Special K chocolate bar. That was really way too much sugar and fructose to eat as a meal, but I really don't have time to prepare anything...not sweet. I did start taking cherry tomatoes for a while, so that took care of my salty yearnings.

Recently, I've been desiring sweet stuff. I must have overloaded on savory.

I guess if I had to choose between a cookie or a cracker, though, I would pick the cookie. Crackers just don't appeal to me in general, hah.[/FONT]

[color=#CC0066][font="tahoma"][size=2]COOKIES!

Come on now. I love crackers, I really do. But ask any kid down the street and they will prefer a freakin cookie. I love sugar, chocolate chip and especially snickerdoodle! Especially when they are all warm and toasty. YUM. Nothing beats a cookie. [/color][/font][/size]

Tough choice, they both go well with a cuppa! Nothing quite like a few diges on a Saturday morning after a particularly rough night, though, so I'd have to say biscuits.

Cookies are the nobbly things with chocolate chips in them, bloomin' yanks :p

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Navy"]Sweet is [i]waaay[/i] better than salty as far as I'm concerned. My sugar intake is proof of that. I'm not saying anything against salty stuff mind you, I still like salty crackers. But come on... cookies all the way.

Favoite cookies have gotta be melty chocolate chip. Preferably fresh. Real fresh. Home-made are the best of course.

For crackers... I love me some Ritz. Ritz are like crack. But saltier.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]haha depends on what is meant by "crackers".
if its the cheesy easily breakable salty ones, then i'm in. xD
but nonetheless i still vote for cookies...cookie-doh ice cream rocks strawberry and chocolate. =][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Biscuits/Cookies, whichever you call them definitely win it for me. I like certain savoury snacks, but in my experience crackers have always been served with cheese, which I can't claim to be a big fan of. Plus with biscuits, you always have that lovely feeling of getting your sugar hit, which you just don't get with crackers.[/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff]I like both, but I'm more of a cracker fan. Growing up, I was never really one for sweets. Threatening me with no dessert was a moot point since I rarely asked for it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ice cream and cookies, but I'm not like... a chocoholic or anything.

I like Ritz crackers, personally, although saltines are okay, too. I'm not really looking for that "salty" taste, though, just the bland soothingness. I get stomachaches often, so I usually eat Ritz to sooth my stomach.[/color]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Both. Depending on what I'm in the mood for determines which one I consider superior at any given time. That and it depends on the cookie and cracker in question.[/QUOTE]Same here, there are times when I prefer crackers and times when I want a cookie. So I can't say one is better than the other because it depends on what I want at the time.

There is also the inbetween moments too, when I like something that is like a cracker and yet has a hint of sweetness to it. Not truly a cracker and yet not truly a cookie either. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Right now it's cookies! Plain sugar ones that are slightly crunchy... Tomorrow it will be crackers! XP That's how it always goes with me. I get tired of cookies and love crackers, then I get tired of crackers and love cookies. :p No loyalty to either one as my current mood decides for me as to which one I love! Hehe.[/FONT]