Jump to content
OtakuBoards

What is your bacon thought?  

28 members have voted

  1. 1. What is your bacon thought?

    • I agree it will tkae over the food world
    • mmmmm bacon (fries some now)
    • blah bacon is ok >.>
    • your just crazy....hey look a doubble bacon bacon buger


Recommended Posts

Posted
Why is bacon made with just about everything? I think it's slowly taking over the food world and will have it's own ice cream one day and be served on French toast....mmmm:o
Posted
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]The hell? This kinda seems pointless to me.
Anyway, why isn't there a 'I hate bacon' option?
Not too big on the fried fatty foods. =/
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
I wished that there was a null vote option.
Bacon is merh and it would be on rare ocassions when I would eat it.

I know that there are even bacon cookies out there, which makes me inclined to taste one.

[img]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2007/12/baconchocolatechipcookies.png[/img]
[url]http://www.slashfood.com/2007/12/19/cookies-with-bacon-is-so-wrong-and-yet-so-right/[/url]
Posted
[quote name='nabgeta']I think it's slowly taking over the food world and will have it's own ice cream one day and be served on French toast....mmmm:o[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]It's been done, funnily enough:

[URL]http://www.slashfood.com/2006/08/06/bacon-ice-cream-is-an-udder-delight/[/URL]

Can't say I'm eager to try it, as much as I like bacon.[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hmmmm... I just about never eat bacon. :p About the only thing that comes close is those little bacon bits you get to put on salads. I have that every now and then. Guess it will have to leave my house out of it's path to world domination since we don't even have any in the fridge. [/FONT][/COLOR]
  • 4 months later...
Posted
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Oh, yeah! Bacon! It's so good, especially in BLLT's. I like it greasy, but recently, I've been cooking it in the microwave with paper towels on the top and bottom of it, health reasons. Anyway, I like bacon, but I've had pigs, and it kinda sucks going outside to feed them knowing you just ate their cousin's for breakfast. Same thing with feeding my chicken knowing I just had chicken for dinner[/COLOR].
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms]Lunox, that is simultaneously impressive and alarming.

On another note, hot bacon wrapped around slices of cold, crisp Granny Smith apple is surprisingly delicious.[/font]
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]Amazingly, I only recently tried Canadian pancakes.

There's something magical about bacon combined with maple syrup. *drool*[/font]
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]Funnily enough I'm not a huge fan of pork (and I rarely eat it), yet I love bacon (although I don't eat it nearly enough!)

Funny how all these things are related but taste so different. Haha.[/font]
Posted
[SIZE=1]I'm a full-on meat eater (I often say I'll eat anything as long as it's had a face at some point), but bacon is one of the types of meat that I don't eat all that often, on it's own at least. I have it in omelettes and other foods, but not often on it's own. However, if I'm feeling a little worse for wear from the previous night's exertions, I will have a bacon sandwich to even myself out.

I tried cooking it in the microwave recently on the advice of a cookery programme on TV, but I found that it wasn't as nice as grilled or fried. Possibly healthier than frying, but not as tasty.

As a side note, this thread intrigued me mostly because of the incredibly ambiguous title. "Bacon...?" - random but funny.
[/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Generally the only time I eat bacon is in a sandwich like a club sandwich or a BLT. Like SaiyanPrincessX, I prefer sausage, bacon is just a tad too salty for my tastes to be a favourite foodstuff.[/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR=#503F86]I generally prefer bacon to sausage. I've had so many sausages which just taste like rubbish stuffed into a skin. Bacon is bacon is bacon, generally. Unless it's crappy reformed stuff. It's much easier to find decent bacon than it is to find decent sausage. Cumberland's nice, though.[/COLOR]
Posted
I only like bacon if it's slightly chewy. Crispy bacon gives me a feeling that it was over-cooked. My dad is always cooking bacon in the mornings. I always take the least fatty piece on the plate. If I'm going to eat at all in the mornings, I want MEAT! Not fat!
Posted
About once a month I like to make bacon, tomato and lettuce sandwiches. Since I don't have it very often, it's always really good. The rest of the time I don't eat it though. It's just too greasy to have very often.
Posted
I'm like James in this respect.

I'm not really big on pork, but I do love bacon.

I don't really eat it often because it makes me feel fat and gross D:
Posted
[color=#656446][FONT="Georgia"][b]Mmm... Bacon![/b]
(I'm quite sure that I wasn't the only one who uttered those two glorious words that only once during a blue moon aren't spoken together.)

I luuuuurv bacon. Give me crispy ones, give me limp ones, give me burnt ones. Honey-flavored? Heaven on a pork strip. Oh how it sizzles when it first touches the greaseless face of a pan! How the fat melts away to reveal the glorious coloration of the crinkled erubescent meat folia! Fascinating!

It should be renamed [i]Devil's Food Meat[/i]: the fat dripping from the strips are like yellow CAUTION flagging tapes, but bacon draws you in like a freak road accident that the most prudent onlooker just can't ignore.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Lucy'][color=#656446][FONT="Georgia"][b]Mmm... Bacon![/b]
(I'm quite sure that I wasn't the only one who uttered those two glorious words that only once during a blue moon aren't spoken together.)

I luuuuurv bacon. Give me crispy ones, give me limp ones, give me burnt ones. Honey-flavored? Heaven on a pork strip. Oh how it sizzles when it first touches the greaseless face of a pan! How the fat melts away to reveal the glorious coloration of the crinkled erubescent meat folia! Fascinating!

It should be renamed [i]Devil's Food Meat[/i]: the fat dripping from the strips are like yellow CAUTION flagging tapes, but bacon draws you in like a freak road accident that the most prudent onlooker just can't ignore.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

...umm...wow. So I guess you like bacon...funny though, I've never heard someone speak of bacon so...[I]poeticly[/I]!:animedepr
Posted
[quote name='RiaBinx']Scary..........[/QUOTE]Try actually elaborating next time so people know what you mean. One word posts don't really add much to the discussion. Since as you saw, someone had to actually ask which one you meant. Next time say that up front. Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...