OtakuBoards

April Fools - What Are Your Plans?

Rachmaninoff

It's that time of year again, of plotting and planning pranks to get someone on April fools day. I'm sure all of us are wondering just what Des has in store for us here at OtakuBoards, but what about at home? Got any nifty plans on who to nail in a few days? And if so... what do you plan on doing? If not, then how about telling us what you've done in the past. What were the best April fools day jokes that you've seen or pulled on someone?

Obviously I can't tell what I may or may not have in mind here. :p Can't give away any plans if I do have them. That's the drawback of having those you might prank being members of the same site. XP

In the past though... one we did that probably wasn't very nice but we did anyway... Back when I was in High School... God, that makes me feel old... Anyway, we went to the trouble to write up and then type up letters to leave on our teacher's desk, letters that basically told them they were fired. None of them fell for it, but their initial expression reading it was funny since it was a wtf moment that by the end of the letter they had figured out was nothing more than a prank.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Tahoma"]We already got our prank, a little early in the form of a snow storm... >_> Such a tease mother nature is. Giving us wonderful warm weather and then... [I]snap![/I] As for actual plans, I don't have any yet but I just know I'll end up doing something, I always do. Usually someone else comes up with the ideas though, I just help out. Hehe.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]My classes are starting for the Spring Quarter of the school year so I'll be trudging to campus to begin to bend double under the weight of six upper division courses.

Oh if only it were a joke....a cruel cruel joke. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Absolutely no idea, but I've come up with one or two decent pranks on the fly before, so hopefully inspiration will strike at some point tomorrow. Telling someone their fly is down is always good for a laugh, or that their shoes are untied, it always takes them that funny second for them to realise you're kidding.

That one you did was pretty funny Rach, I can just imagine how my current crop of teachers would react to it.[/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Well I was planning on just working... really I'm quite boring and my boyfriend has a night shift so I can't even do anything strange to him... of course there is another friend of mine, it's almost too easy... but I'm gonna prank her again with my friend Samma and who ever else I can find.

Too bad April fool's wasn't on Saturday- it would have been easier to take the strange stuff that was spewing from my EX mother-in-law's mouth[/color][/font][/size]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I was planning on telling one of my frends that I liked another friend. I know seems weak but I was going to tell her I had a crush on a guy to freak her out, but one of my other friends blew my ****** cover because she was offended cause I was supposidly mocking gay people. Yeah, shes a hypocrite cause over the fphone she was calling me gay and telling me I like it up the *** being the one mocking them.

I was like "What are you talking about? You dated me!"

I'm going to get another friend with it though see how she reacts cause she's uber gullable. BTW, I'm straight so don't even ask![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=#9933ff]Aww, Sabrina, that sucks. I'd be sooo mad if it snowed tomorrow -- it's already starting to get warm, and I want to wear my spring clothes! ><;

I don't have any plans for April Fool's day, though. I never do. I've never really been a prankster. I'm going to wait to see if anyone pulls any tomorrow.

Though if that prank comes in the form of a pulled fire alarm in the dorm, I will *NOT* be happy. >=| I don't expect it to happen in my dorm, though. Now, the exclusively all freshman dorm where the fire alarm gets pulls four times a night even when it's [i]not[/i] April Fool's day... that's another story. We'll see...[/color]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I won't have to worry about someone pulling the fire alarm like you mentioned MistressRoxie, but then I live in a basement apartment. Anyway, I don't have plans just yet or rather the ones I'm considering, I haven't decided which one to use.

And since some of the intended victims are members here and even moderate this section... obviously I can't say more. Anticipation is great though so I'm posting just for that reason alone. :p

In the past... one of the most memorable I ever did was putting the booze at a party in a different container and then filling the bottles with apple juice. I don't drink myself, but watching the others go to have some and then making faces before spitting out the apple juice was priceless.
[SIZE="4"]
[SIZE="5"][B][U]EDIT:[/U][/B] [/SIZE]By the way people, do yourself a favor and don't click on what [SIZE="5"]Aceburner[/SIZE] just posted unless you want to lose [U]everything[/U] you are doing in firefox since you'll have to close it and restart the program.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"][B][U]EDIT:[/U][/B] By the way people, do yourself a favor and don't click on what Aceburner just posted unless you want to lose [U]everything[/U] you are doing in firefox since you'll have to close it and restart the program.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]No danger there, I was already planning on avoiding any links put in this thread. >_> After all, I'm often logged into the University Network in another tab dealing with school work while I'm online. And I've no interest in losing that to a prank. Grading homework once is more than enough thank you very much. XP

As for pulling the fire alarm... Already happened at the apartment complex I'm in. And since it was done less than a minute after midnight, it was pretty obvious that it was an April Fools Day joke.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']I'm sure all of us are wondering just what Des has in store for us here at OtakuBoards[/QUOTE]Not anymore we're not! And as Crystia pointed out in the other thread here... [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=809118&postcount=49"][U]Post[/U][/URL] We owe it all to Gavin and his horrible suggestion!

*dies laughing* :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Oh my. XD That's just to totally and utterly hilarious! The Lucky Star version of that is what got me addicted to the show and brought me here in the first place!

*laughs uncontrollably*

Hehe. Oh what fun! :catgirl:[/FONT]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]We owe it all to Gavin and his horrible suggestion! [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Thanks Aaryanna, kick me while I'm down... *Sighs*

This pretty much summed up my initial response to all this:

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.anaitgames.com/wp-content/darth_vader_nooo1.jpeg[/IMG][/CENTER][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I can't stop laughing at this or replaying the silly video in the signature. XD I love how it's just everywhere! Hehe. Also... that picture you posted Gavin... It reminds me of the Star Wars version that Indi posted to this song. Hehe.

*goes back to listening to it* :catgirl:[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Also... that picture you posted Gavin... It reminds me of the Star Wars version that Indi posted to this song. Hehe.

*goes back to listening to it* :catgirl:[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/128348080080156250urinsolencedi.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]^_~[/SIZE]

As funny as this is, I just realized that I'm going to have this silly song running through my head all day. XP I should not have clicked on the youtube videos in the signatures. I just couldn't resist since seeing that for a signature was just too funny. Heh.

Thanks you for the warning Crystia... those kind of pranks are the type that I find the most frustrating since my limited computer knowledge leaves me wondering how to get things back to normal. Amusing for perhaps the younger generation, but not for me.

Anyway, What I find the most amusing about the prank done by Desbreko is the dancing figures at the top of the site and how all the avatars are doing that silly dance too. You can't help but laugh at it when the music is playing at the same time. :catgirl:

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"][size=4][SIZE="5"][B][U]EDIT:[/U][/B] [/SIZE]By the way people, do yourself a favor and don't click on what [SIZE="5"]Aceburner[/SIZE] just posted unless you want to lose [U]everything[/U] you are doing in firefox since you'll have to close it and restart the program.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1]With my mighty IE I just got Rick 'n' Rolled and that was it. :( (I should've closed the window first though, the lyrics would've been more handy during the song than afterwards...)

Oh, and this was not half as bad as the girl with the leek.[/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I'm going to avoid that link just the same, since I'm often logged into a lot of things, and some of them, closing the browser automatically logs me out of the session. As well as where I am when it comes to work, which when it happens, is annoying since I lose everything and have to get back to where I was. Fortunately it doesn't happen a lot though. But I sure as hell am not going to do it on purpose. lol

Anyway, I can handle the dancing, silly avatars and videos in the signatures. Those just make me laugh. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]
[SIZE="4"]
[SIZE="5"][B][U]EDIT:[/U][/B] [/SIZE]By the way people, do yourself a favor and don't click on what [SIZE="5"]Aceburner[/SIZE] just posted unless you want to lose [U]everything[/U] you are doing in firefox since you'll have to close it and restart the program.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually, you could just click "back" or close the tab, since that's how links work on message boards. The problem is that your main instinct is to kill it as quickly as possible. It stops moving after a while, so it gets easier to get rid of.

Unless you're not using a tabbed browser. Do they make those anymore?:confused:

Oh, and before I forget, Des:

[IMG]http://www.zoukini.com/images/al-hakim-shaking-fist.jpg[/IMG]

You think you're so clever... If you weren't, I'd chew you out.