OtakuBoards

April Fools - What Are Your Plans?

Rachmaninoff

[size=1]If this could even be called a prank!

The two dancing figures at the top of the page make the welcome all the more awesome! I say we start a petition to keep those two, happy, lovely dancing girls right where they are! Not only are they cute and happy (both positive), but they add so much more to the crappy regular blue standard background. ¬_¬

Pranks-smanks, This is pure genius and a thorough improvement to the site! *Thanks Gavin kindly for the inspiration*[/size]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]I actually really, really like this song. Next time I see Des online I'm bugging him for the MP3.

And the dancing anime characters are amusing. I want a new OB skin featuring them. Now.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Andrew'][size=1]I say we start a petition to keep those two, happy, lovely dancing girls right where they are! *Thanks Gavin kindly for the inspiration*[/size][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]And the dancing anime characters are amusing. I want a new OB skin featuring them. Now.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[center][img]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Facepalm.jpg[/img][/center]

[COLOR=#6d527f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Aside from the normal pranks amongst friends, In my AP Calculus class we ended up hiding my teacher's phone in the ceiling and once the lesson was over, called her endlessly and watched in wonder as she tried to find her phone. It was pretty interesting, she gave us a free 100 for creativity since the whole class was in on it.

Oh and for anyone else interested in the song, you can find it [URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/104150676/Caramell_-_Caramelldansen__Speedycake_Remix_.mp3.html"]Here.[/URL]
[COLOR=#ededed]Just as [URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/104153851/Caramell_-_Caramelldansen__Speedycake_Remix_.mp3.html"][COLOR=#ededed]planned[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR]
I had to admit, it gets addictive after a while, enjoy! [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']I found a pretty good website with some ideas for pranks here.

[URL="http://www.smouch.net/lol/"][u][COLOR="Blue"]Click Here.[/COLOR][/u][/URL][/QUOTE]

Oh my god... I can't believe I fell for that...

I hate you.

And with these strange... errr... Dancing girls all over OB, I'm going to make sure NOT to visit here on the holiday ever again!

(I'm used to it being prank free because it's my dad's B-Day. So I went all day without one prank... And then I get it in the form of online web traps.

I suck at life.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]I can't listen to this song without thinking of the misheard lyrics.

[/FONT][/COLOR][URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miEv85LW2TE&feature=related[/URL]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Yes, it's funny. But it gets permanently stuck in your brain so beward.

It's hard to stick it on Miguel.

Like I said, I'm keeping the avatar. >.>
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]ARG! My brother just got me![/FONT][/COLOR]

Charlene; Essaying [9:06] says:
:(
Devon Officially cursed! 3am fire alarm. says:
what?
I tried to trick denise but she never did text me back...
oh
but april fools isn't till tommorow
it's the 31st
:o
REALLY?!
LIAR
the jokes on me!
:smirk: april fools
YOU COW
I knew it!
:bellylol:
that works on everyone

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]I actually really, really like this song. Next time I see Des online I'm bugging him for the MP3.

And the dancing anime characters are amusing. I want a new OB skin featuring them. Now.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]Seconded, we should have an all pink skin to go with the dancing duo, and what would make it perfect is if the signatures and avatars stayed the same whenever you use that skin. :p[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]I'm not a big April Fool's celebrator; if I get hit with an amazing Idea, I run with it after rubbing the sore spot, but otherwise I just pass it by.

But I just got sent this article by Dan Miller, concerning said Fool's Day. Have a look.

[QUOTE][FONT="Arial"][align=justify]Yes, this is April 1st, and you know what that means. No, I won’t be promoting any prank or hoax here. I’ve learned too well that with any conceivable distortion, someone will actually believe it. A few years ago I announced that since I was getting all these letters from Nigeria promising me money, I would simply divide it up and send it to our readers. I was deluged with letters thanking me in advance, letting me know that now they would be able to pay the rent, or that their prayers had been answered. Yessiree—it cured me of ever using satire or cynicism in something I print. I do, however, still find some of the great hoaxes amusing—and trust that most of you do as well.

Here are just a few of the most famous April Fool’s pranks:

[list][*]In 1992 National Public Radio's Talk of the Nation program announced that Richard Nixon, in a surprise move, was running for President again. His new campaign slogan was, "I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again."
[*]In 1996 the Taco Bell Corporation announced that it had bought the Liberty Bell and was renaming it the Taco Liberty Bell. Hundreds of outraged citizens called the National Historic Park in Philadelphia where the bell was housed to express their anger. Their nerves were only calmed when Taco Bell revealed, a few hours later, that it was all a practical joke. Incidentally, Taco Bell also reported as fact that sales increased by $500,000 on April 1st and $600,000 on April 2nd over the prior week’s same day sales.
[*]In 1993 a German radio station announced that officials in Cologne had just passed an unusual new city regulation. Joggers going through the park would be required to pace themselves to go no faster than six mph. Any faster, it was felt, would unnecessarily disturb the squirrels who were in the middle of their mating season.
[*]In 1965 BBC TV featured an interview with a professor who had just invented a device called "smellovision." This miraculous technology allowed viewers to experience directly in their own home aromas produced in the television studio. The professor offered a demonstration by cutting some onions and brewing coffee. A number of viewers called in to confirm that they distinctly experienced these scents as if they were there in the studio with him. Since no aromas were being transmitted, whatever these viewers thought they smelled coming out of their TV sets must be chalked up to the power of suggestion.[/list]
And finally, one of my favorites:
[list][*]In 1998 Burger King published a full page advertisement in USA Today announcing the introduction of a new item to their menu: a "Left-Handed Whopper" specially designed for the 32 million left-handed Americans. According to the advertisement, the new whopper included the same ingredients as the original Whopper (lettuce, tomato, hamburger patty, etc.), but all the condiments were rotated 180 degrees for the benefit of their left-handed customers. The following day Burger King issued a follow-up release revealing that although the Left-Handed Whopper was a hoax, thousands of customers had gone into restaurants to request the new sandwich. Simultaneously, according to the press release, "many others requested their own 'right handed' version."[/list]

Be careful what you believe. Sometimes wishful thinking makes us susceptible to believing what is not likely to be true. With the pressure to be leaders in news, I suspect that much of what we hear as TV “news” ends up being untrue as well.

Develop your thinking skills to discern. This is a wonderful word normally viewed as spiritual insight. It's defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary as “the power to see what is not evident to the average mind.”[/align][/FONT][/QUOTE][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I might actually have to work on a Caramelldansen skin as a little side project. Ideas for color schemes and graphics are popping up fast now that you guys have mentioned it. :animesmil[/color][/QUOTE]That would be so cool, especially if it included the dancing girls, the matching avatars and youtube video in one's signatures. XD I know I'd secretly be using it all the time if there was one. Hehe! :catgirl:[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]How would that work, exactly?[/FONT][/QUOTE]Uh.... You know, I'm not sure. :p Since none of you can see what I'm using anyway. *laughs wildly* Well... other than Indi. :catgirl: It's just so funny and wacky! I love it!

Oh and while I’m here… *snickers* We decided to nail Indi for April Fools so one of my friends got a copy of the Caramelldansen song and we made a disk with nothing BUT that song on it. I then switched out her cd player this morning and put that disk in. :D She didn’t realize I had made the switch until after she left for school for the day.

I of course gave back her real disk when she got back a little while ago and came into my room with the disk and called me a brat before asking for the real one back. Oh was that fun! :catgirl:[/FONT]

Seriously whoever did that did it pretty thouroughly. It's present in both the blue skin I still use and the black skin you see if you look as a guest.

I didn't really catch on that it was an April fools day thing though until someone pointed it out to me, it almost seemed natural for Otakuboards to have dancing anime girls in the banner.

Edit:

HEY WHAT THE! The signatures and avatars got switched :O

LMAO

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Well so long as the Caramelldansen skin was suitably pink and separate from the other skins... that we have, it would be fun to have one, heh. I'd probably use it from time to time just to for laughs. [quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Oh and while I?m here? *snickers* We decided to nail Indi for April Fools so one of my friends got a copy of the Caramelldansen song and we made a disk with nothing BUT that song on it. I then switched out her cd player this morning and put that disk in. :D She didn?t realize I had made the switch until after she left for school for the day.

I of course gave back her real disk when she got back a little while ago and came into my room with the disk and called me a brat before asking for the real one back. Oh was that fun! :catgirl:[/FONT][/QUOTE]Ah, excellent. I was wondering if you managed to switch the disks this morning. I can only imagine Crystia's expression upon realizing that her disk had nothing but that song on it, I wish I had seen it. *laughs* :catgirl: [/FONT][/COLOR]

My April Fools prank for my boyfriend was that many weeks ago, I started throwing hints that he would be in for a "crude awakening" on April the 1st. This got all him worked up on what horrible thing I had coming for him - he even claims that he couldn't sleep on several nights because he was thinking about what it would be.

I know I can be nasty, but I didn't think I could be [I]that[/I] nasty... Anyway, when we woke up yesterday, I just said the usual "April Fools!", and he went all "I knew it!". Got him, nevertheless. ;D

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I might actually have to work on a Caramelldansen skin as a little side project. Ideas for color schemes and graphics are popping up fast now that you guys have mentioned it. :animesmil[/color][/QUOTE]That would be utterly cool... seriously. And oddly, I'm almost kind of sad that the dancing girls are gone. I liked them. Heh. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

Oddly enough, my April Fool's Day went entirely without practical jokes of any sort (aside from the one pulled on OB). I was smart enough to stay away from links. And what is this Caramelldansen thing that keeps getting brought up around here?

[quote name='MoyakuKeramushe'] And what is this Caramelldansen thing that keeps getting brought up around here?[/QUOTE]It's the whole basis of the joke that Des pulled on OB. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caramelldansen"][U]Caramelldansen[/U][/URL] Just look.

I have to say though... if Des did create a skin like that... I'm not sure if I'd ever use it or not. I'm sure Gavin never would. Heh.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']It's the whole basis of the joke that Des pulled on OB. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caramelldansen"][U]Caramelldansen[/U][/URL] Just look.

I have to say though... if Des did create a skin like that... I'm not sure if I'd ever use it or not. I'm sure Gavin never would. Heh.[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like a replay of Leekspin I think. Though still quite the prank to pull on a whole forum.

I'm kind of curious what he did to replace everyone's signatures and avatars without actually overwriting them...

Edit: Ok that song sticks in one's head very easily. Nice catchy tune, set to dancing anime girls....

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Uh.... You know, I'm not sure. :p Since none of you can see what I'm using anyway. *laughs wildly* Well... other than Indi. :catgirl: It's just so funny and wacky! I love it!

Oh and while I?m here? *snickers* We decided to nail Indi for April Fools so one of my friends got a copy of the Caramelldansen song and we made a disk with nothing BUT that song on it. I then switched out her cd player this morning and put that disk in. :D She didn?t realize I had made the switch until after she left for school for the day.

I of course gave back her real disk when she got back a little while ago and came into my room with the disk and called me a brat before asking for the real one back. Oh was that fun! :catgirl:[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh wonderful irony, after all the smugness I got from Crys yesterday that really does make me laugh, heh heh. Nice job Sabrina and Beth, and everyone else who might've been involved.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Crys']indifferencecry (18:28:10): If you thought OB was bad... Imagine realizing on your way to school that you had only one cd for your portable player and the only song on it was that silly song those girls dance to.[/quote]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/CatLaugh.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Indigo"]You're such a brat Gavin, you and everyone who was in on that prank. As for the browser one by Aceburner, lets just say that they should be grateful the University program I was logged into has an automatic save feature so getting forcibly logged out didn't delete all my work. Because otherwise, if I really had lost over an hour's worth of essay homework, someone would have been murdered for that. [/COLOR]