OtakuBoards

The Von Braun Odyssey: Cast & Crew

James

[FONT="Tahoma"]So the ship is crashing, and Samantha is nuts! o_O Talk about wacky. XP Anyway, I was going to post more about the crash actually being over, but decided to leave things off where they were. Once someone else has posted I'll chip in again. In the mean time... someone needs to catch that dirty rotten Samantha! ._. [/FONT]

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=franklin gothic medium]Still a very good post, Sabrina. Thanks much. I can imagine how freaky it'd be if the ship started moving around like that when people are just in a regular room.

I shall be very interested to see what happens with Samantha. ~_^[/font]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Figures that Samantha would be alive. ¬_¬

Anyway, before anyone says anything about what's in my post... It was suggested and approved by [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR] and by Raiha as well so... don't look at me like that. It wasn't even my idea to [spoiler]kill off Ilona.[/spoiler]

Now as Sabrina said, we just need to take care of Samantha and we'll be set. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I leave for a week and it's like everyone posts. o_O I have gotten caught up but it will take me a little time to get a post in. It seems as if the situation just blew up in their faces so to speak. I figured the ship was going to crash, I just didn't expect it to be quite that crazy.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And posted, sorry for the delay. I hope you don't mind what I tossed in there, in regards to what Natalia thinks is going on. Obviously I have no idea, but that's what she is thinking.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Ahh, great post! Yes, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. :catgirl:

I'm glad that the hints and background info was enough to piece it together.

There are a couple of minor details still to be revealed, but these are very minor. My only comment for now is that the ship didn't go off course deliberately (at least, it wasn't meant to crash on Artenas...but it WAS meant to crash on the alien homeworld).

Samantha's mission was to ensure that the contents of the sealed deck would find their way to the alien homeworld. She did not plan for the ship to malfunction early on, causing a premature crash on a different planet (Artenas is colonized by the aliens, but it is not their homeworld - I guess you could say it's in the same solar system though).[/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Sorry for the absence. ^^ My computer decided to die over the weekend so I had to wait until Monday to take it in to be fixed. (It was a hardware problem) o_O Anyway, I got it back today so yay! Though I have tests tomorrow so I won't be posting again until after that's over with.

In the mean time... Someone do something about that rotten Samantha! ._. [/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Finally posted! I only involved my own character in this post, just while I get back into the swing of things. I also left it ambiguous as to the whereabouts of Jamie, so I'm not treading on Darren's toes at all.

I also left it open-ended as to who Alex's "abductor" was, so it could be someone we know, or it could be someone new.

Hope it's all ok - let me know if not and I'll fiddle with some things to put it right.
[/SIZE]

Yeah, I'm still in this... Finals are coming up soon and I've been a bit stressed out with school and all. I even had to give up on that "short" RP that I was planning, but oh well. :animesigh

I just have to catch up on a few posts and I'll try to make mine by tomorrow or Monday.

[B]Edit:[/B] Or Tuesday

[FONT="Tahoma"]Okay, sorry for the delay. ^^ School got really busy for a while there so I kept running out of time for a post. o_O Anyone else is free to run into Viktor since he's still on the ship and wondering what the heck just happened. Or rather how in the world they ended up crashing. [/FONT]

I'm really sorry guys. They're renovating my dorms on campus right now and it completely messed up my wi-fi connection. :animecry: I don't get connection except in one tiny corner of my room and when I do, it moves really really slow!!! I will post though as soon as possible. I'm going to try and take my laptop to class and work on it there. (seeing that I never pay attention in class anyway)

Thanks for the patience.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yes, you'd better post... [i]or your character will be presumed dead![/i] Haha. Ahem. :drunk:

Anyway, wonderful posts to those who have posted. You have captured the crash so vividly - far better than I had originally imagined.

I am hoping to post this weekend. In addition to my post I'm going to [i]finally[/i] try to put this plot summary up.

It's important because it'll clarify everything that's happened so far and it will also reveal some new elements.

In particular, I'm thinking of revealing a lot more about who these aliens are and how they relate to the story. Hopefully it'll be easy to follow.

I was going to end this thing with the ship's survivors reaching the alien homeworld, but... I am also wondering if we should end this with a cliffhanger of sorts (where the aliens discover and abduct the survivors from the surface of Artenas).

There's a lot more plot - a lot more potentially interesting plot too - but if I start introducing much of it now, it may stop us from being able to end this sooner rather than later.

It may be better left for a future sequel, which would be a pretty different RPG.

Anyway I'll post some of it in here shortly so you guys can decide.[/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium']I was going to end this thing with the ship's survivors reaching the alien homeworld, but... I am also wondering if we should end this with a cliffhanger of sorts (where the aliens discover and abduct the survivors from the surface of Artenas).[/font][/quote]O_O I should have known that you and [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi [/COLOR]were up to something sneaky like that. XD

Though if what Kathy hinted at in her post about the sealed deck carrying a weapon is true... I can't imagine that the aliens would be all that pleased to see them. Especially upon discovering something like that. ^^

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what you plan on posting. [/FONT]

I finally got a chance to post... And sorry if it's a little sloppy and rushed. I just don't have the time to sit around my dorm's social lounge. I really can't wait until I get connection back.

Anyway Aaryanna, let me know if the post was okay on Katelyn's part. I didn't have her follow Jamie or anything so she's pretty much free except for the images he left with her. (Of course, if she wants to follow him to make sure he's okay, that's fine)

Also, I intended for the doctor to be P.J.'s character. I'm feel pretty safe in saying that he's not participating in the RP anymore, so I just meant for him to be a NPC. Still though, since I didn't directly use his name, if you'd like me to take the image down from my post, I'll do that.

Again, sorry for rushed/sloppy post, but hopefully this connection problem will be solved soon and I can finish this RP without any problems.

[COLOR="Sienna"][FONT="Tahoma"]Looked good to me Darren. =P You had already mentioned that to me before so I was expecting you to do that if you got the chance. Now I just need to work on a new post. Though I'll probably wait until tomorrow since then I'll have the weekend to work on it.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]So I've now added the Plot Overview Dossier to the front page of this thread.

At this stage it doesn't say anything terribly new, but I've divided the entire plot into several segments that can be easily filled in.

The parts with the missing files are really still to be fully revealed...but I guess now I can put specific points in when I want to. I am just trying to work out how much to reveal and when, haha.

I suppose some of these points can be revealed pretty soon. After all, we'll be meeting those aliens pretty shortly. ~_^

Now, hopefully I can get an RP post in tomorrow and push things a little further forward.

Brilliant posts so far everyone - I'm really pleased with how the crash was handled. It was really good fun reading your posts!

Edit: Okay, posted.

I hope that the part involving Katelyn and Jamie is okay! Please let me know if there are any issues.

I figured that in such a traumatic experience, they'd be very glad to see a friendly face. I'm just hoping the details are correct, haha.

Please feel free to take this wherever you want, guys. If there are any plot elements that you want to involve that I don't know about, just bring my character along for the ride. :catgirl:[/font]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]That post just didn't want to work with me. XP Anyway, I indicated elsewhere that I'm going to be gone for the holiday, I leave later this afternoon. So if anyone needs me to tweak something, I'll take care of it when I get back on Saturday. In the mean time, enjoy Thanksgiving you guys. Well those of you who actually celebrate the holiday this week. =P[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]I'm hoping I can use Kathy's character in my next Von Braun post. Arthur will be trying to make his way out of the wreckage, and is forced with a moral dilemma on the way out. I don't want to spoil anything, but it should be interesting.

Kathy is always a delight to write with, and I thought this would help play up some tension between Arthur and the other characters. If she has no specific plans for the moment I would love to include her (or anyone else, really.)

-Shy[/size]

Well I can't say I didn't set myself up for that. I didn't get a chance to talk to Crystia, but I was hoping she'd bust Samantha, not get caught. o_O This is not a complaint though and it did make for an interesting surprise when I read the post. That Samantha just gets more and more vicious with each post.

Anyway, feel free to include my character in your post Shy, if I do post, it will be nothing but conversation since Natalia has no means for removing those cuffs. And it seems that Jeff doesn't either since Samantha took his keys and his weapon. So unless someone comes along, it seems that they're stuck there.

[COLOR="Sienna"][FONT="Tahoma"]Okay, I posted. Since I didn't know what some of you were up to, I left Alex and Arthur's location up in the air. And I ended it there so the rest of you could decide if you stay put or head off to search. If anyone wants me to tweak that just let me know. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Nice posts, guys. When reading Indi's post I was a bit freaked out that Samantha was going to try to open up those canisters or something... *shiver*

I am hoping to have a post here tomorrow sometime. I'm not sure where to take things with Katelyn, Jamie and Zahir... but it seems logical that they should seek out that secret deck. I think Zahir would be a bit apprehensive, after experiencing a little of Samantha's insanity.

Still, I think their goal will now be to find each other and leave the ship before anything happens with the Shirota Strain - if that stuff were to leak out into the Von Braun... well, I doubt anyone would last very long. >_>;[/font]

[size=1]Okay my post is done. I had explained this to James and Indi earlier, but my original post was written on Wednesday, but it featured a pretty violent flashback to Arthur's work with Terra Prime. By the time I got around to posting it certain aspects of the post started to mirror this week's real-life terror attacks in Mumbai.

Although I know I'm writing fiction, it seemed insensitive to put it up. Oh well. Ultimately a whole new post was written, but this works out nicely. Anyone should feel free to use Arthur now, although I should point out that he's getting less coherent, and much more dangerous as the minutes pass.

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm liking this a lot.

I'm having trouble with my next post, partly because I'm not really sure if/where we'll find Alex. I need to check with that.

I may, however, include a post that contains a flashback to look at Zahir's earlier life. We'll see how it goes.

But everyone else, please feel free to move the story forward in your posts if you wish - I really don't mind where it goes. We can work with whatever comes up.

Edit: Posted. This latest post is a flashback. I'm thinknig of putting all flashbacks in quote boxes from now on, to make it easier for others. What do you guys think?

We could do that or just literally say "flashback" or whatever at the start. Not sure. Anyway, I am hoping to flesh things out in terms of Zahir's history a bit more.[/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Okay, I posted. I did leave everyone together though so if you want have Jamie take off to look for Alex Darren, it should be easy to indicate in a post. Also, I didn't say if Zahir mentioned that he was with Arthur or not when he overheard the conversation between Samantha, Natalia and Jeff. It's even possible that he didn't tell the group what Samantha said about Arthur. I left that a little vague on purpose so I don't mess anyone up. [/FONT]

Just to be clear on my post. What I said about Jeff's security is completely up to Shy to decide. I'm going on how Indi indicated in her post that Samantha had denied him access. So I thought that would be fun to toss in there, as an option.

The same with the keys, since I'm thinking of how some things can be accessed by the right key if say the power is out. Seems that emergency exits would fall under that category, in my opinion.

Anyway, anyone is free to show up, whether it be the others looking for them, or trouble that the pair would rather not see is up to all of you.