OtakuBoards

The Von Braun Odyssey: Cast & Crew

James

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Just to be clear on my post. What I said about Jeff's security is completely up to Shy to decide. I'm going on how Indi indicated in her post that Samantha had denied him access. So I thought that would be fun to toss in there, as an option.[/QUOTE][size=1]This is really amusing, and I'm sure Arthur is going to be frustrated. With nowhere else to go he'll surely have to come back. Awkward!

If Indi wants to do this post she should feel free, otherwise I can toy around with it during the weekend.

-Shy[/size]

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Sienna"][FONT="Tahoma"]Just so people know... I talked to Sabrina and she'll be picking up where I left off with my post. I separated the group up and though I indicated that Zahir and Jamie were going to look together, there's no reason why they can't decide to split up after Katelyn and Viktor left. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Phew, posted.

I hope I have not written Jamie against character or anything - please let me know if this is the case.

I know that he is supposed to be a warm character, but I also wanted to hint at him being somewhat nervous. He talks about his career in such terms because he's sort of shutting out the horror around him to some extent. Hopefully it makes some sense.

Anyway, the meaning of those funny letters at the beginning of the Backstage thread are now revealed.

I will make more revelations in my next post, in an effort to give you guys more to discuss between your characters.

At this stage I'm very open to anything happening. So Arthur might bump into these guys along the way... or whatever. I really don't mind. Jamie might go it alone, or he might stay with Zahir.

It's in your hands, guys. Having said that, the next landmark will come shortly and it will involve our evacuation from the Von Braun.

I'll let Indi think up the devious ways in which Samantha might end up triggering this. :P[/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Okay, I finished what Aaryanna started. >_> And yes Viktor thinks Arthur is probably the son of the terrorist that NARSIA arrested. Like any citizen he's followed the news on that.

Along with all that's happened and what he's observed, it's not that hard to figure out. I hope that's okay with you Shy. ^^ If not I can alter my post.

Oh and before I forget:[quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium']I'll let Indi think up the devious ways in which Samantha might end up triggering this. :P[/font][/quote]This ought to be interesting. =P [/FONT]

James, your post was fine... I'm really confident in everyone's writing ability and that Jamie would never be portrayed in the wrong light... And I'm really not picky about that sort of thing. Most of the time, when I see something like that about my character that I hadn't originally intended I think, "Wow, I hadn't thought of them doing that or saying that." Kinda like an actor who's discovering his character as he reads through the script...

anyway...

With that being said, expect a post from me today or tomorrow. More than likely, it will be tomorrow since I've got a final today and I'll probably sleep all day once I'm done with it... Tomorrow, I have a free day so I'll be willing to type out something semi-worthy.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"][quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium']I'll let Indi think up the devious ways in which Samantha might end up triggering this. :P[/font][/quote]Speaking of that, I have been working on it and I had planned on getting that up today. But then the storm decided to play havoc with the power so I didn't get a chance to finish it up this evening.

Since I'm not actually traveling anywhere tomorrow since where I'll be for the holiday is close, unless things get crazy, I should be able to finish it up and get that posted.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Sienna"][FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium']I'll let Indi think up the devious ways in which Samantha might end up triggering this. :P[/font][/quote]She did and... O_O Samantha has gone nuts. I mean she just [spoiler]killed all five of of the engineers there without a second thought.[/spoiler] And yes I know she's not nice but... mean! >_<

Anyway, once the holiday is over, I'll work on getting a post in. :catgirl:

[SIZE="1"][I]*wonders if Katelyn can take a baseball bat and apply it to Samantha's head*[/SIZE] [/I] >_>[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]I have an er... [i]eventful[/i] post ready to go with Von Braun, I just need to run something by James or Indi first whenever I catch either of them online.

Quite eventful.

-Shy

[b]Edit:[/b] And posted! I need to talk to James about what comes next...[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay guys, I've been talking to a few of you over the last couple of weeks and I've decided that this will essentially be the final landmark for VBO.

I will make a new post shortly and then after that, I'd like everyone (except Shy) to write a [i]final[/i] post for their character.

Essentially this RPG will end with your character being "abducted" by the aliens, once your character escapes from the ship itself.

In reality we are only halfway through the RPG; the story is supposed to continue on the alien planet and beyond. But I don't want to force the RPG to continue for longer than it can.

Once everyone has put their final posts up, I will put [i]another[/i] post up that will basically seal this off.

So we are almost there! I look forward to seeing your last posts. :catgirl:[/font]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]James already knows this, but I leave later today and won't be back until Tuesday evening. I'll get my post in upon my return since I don't have enough time to get it ready before I head out later. =P Have fun and I'll see you all when I return.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="Sienna"][quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium']Essentially this RPG will end with your character being "abducted" by the aliens, once your character escapes from the ship itself.[/font][/quote]o_O Well I put up my last post. I didn't end it with the abduction since Sabrina and I decided to tag team. So her final post will include my character and she'll end it at that point. We thought it would be fun to do it that way. =P[/COLOR][/FONT]

I'll have my last one up as soon as Sabrina posts. My understanding from Aaryanna is that she wanted to do it that way. I'm not sure what she has in mind but I can easily guess so I'm already working on how to do my final post as it were.

It's definitely an interesting spot to wrap things up. Perhaps in the future we can revisit this and deal with the next part of the story. I know I'd like to find out what happens with Natalia after being abducted. o_O

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, we might be able to pick this up at a later date with a new RPG.

I think I will wait until everyone has done their final posts before I put mine in. That way I can wrap things up in a more concrete way.

Once your final posts are in, can you just let me know in this thread? That way I'll know when to post mine. Thanks everyone![/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, we might be able to pick this up at a later date with a new RPG.

I think I will wait until everyone has done their final posts before I put mine in. That way I can wrap things up in a more concrete way.

Once your final posts are in, can you just let me know in this thread? That way I'll know when to post mine. Thanks everyone![/font][/QUOTE]
With our characters, being together and all, how do you want me to handle it?

[quote name='Darren']With our characters, being together and all, how do you want me to handle it?[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Hm, well I have been thinking about my final post and I suspect that it might be a little uh... weird. That is to say, it will probably include a few time-jumps and things like that.

So if you like, you can just finish off with the pair of characters being abducted. I will write a concluding post that will tie off the entire thing - at least, I hope I can do it. lol

[/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Okay, my final post is in so that wraps things up for Aaryanna and I. It feels kind of odd to end it at a point like that, with them being abducted by aliens. o_O I left it on the vague side because I don't know what you have in mind James.

Anyway, it's been lots of fun so thank you everyone. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Thanks for your posts guys, I'm really pleased with them. You've ended your posts perfectly!

I [i]think[/i] we're almost there now... once Mom has posted, that'll be it, yeah? I am not sure how much sense my post will make, but it should be interesting nonetheless![/font]

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']I have started my post and should get it up tomorrow. I believe Indi has another one after that and Darren has yet to put his in. Unless that last post of his was intended to be his final one? Anyway, I should have mine up tomorrow evening.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Cool, no worries. I expect to wrap this up within the coming week, in that case. That should dovetail nicely into the sign-ups for The Almagest Expedition.[/font]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]And I am now finished. I believe this leaves Darren and then you for the concluding post Jamesy. I know I'm very curious to see how you plan on wrapping this up. Mainly because of the stuff we've discussed in regards to where things would go next. =P Anyway, it's been fun. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Maybe we should just skip me... I know James said he was going to use a lot of time jumps for his concluding post but maybe for the sake of coherency, it would be easier for James to post the end for both Jamie and Zahir....

Plus, I don't think I'll have the time to post (I still have to read everyone else's final posts) and I really don't want to make it any more difficult for James to explain the ending...

So, if that's alright with everyone, that's what I'd like to do. :animesmil

[SIZE=1]I just edited my final post a little to add something in that I forgot when I was writing it first time, and that is the fact that after recording his final message, Alex hid his dictaphone in the sand/dust on the ground. So James or Darren, whoever writes the final moments for Jamie, you could find the dictaphone if that's something you might like to do. Just thought I'd give you the option.[/SIZE]