OtakuBoards

The Von Braun Odyssey: Cast & Crew

James

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oh no, haha...no need to wait for me. You can write it however you like - you guys are participants too.

If you want to make up some technology or reveal how the docking system works...that's all up to you. Anyone can write the return to the VB however they like. I think it'd be fun to see. [/font]

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Tahoma"]Well since no one else did... I got them into the pod and ready to launch. So that leaves it up to someone else to actually launch the pod and get them to the ship. I hope that works.^^

I thought about having them dock with the Von Braun, but I didn't want to exclude others from having a chance to play a part in that.[/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay, so, all characters are now back at the ship. Phew.

Sorry for the huge delay there guys. I've finally had the chance to sit down and write something (that I am actually happy enough to post).

At this point Viktor has invited the stranded passengers to his room for food and drinks. This might be a way for some of your characters to interact prior to the next landmark.

Please feel free, however, to move your characters wherever you like - you certainly don't have to go to Viktor's room.

My next post will introduce another landmark. This next landmark will probably represent the 3/4 point in this RPG. So we are almost there.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here. Remember that I'm happy for anyone to dive into the story and create their own sub-plots etc as much as they want.[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay so I just want to find out who is still able to post in this thing.

We are starting to near the end and it'd really be great to finish it if possible. I just want to check in to see who is still interested and who isn't. If not enough people are interested in keeping this going then I may end it slightly earlier. :catgirl:[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Okay so I just want to find out who is still able to post in this thing.

We are starting to near the end and it'd really be great to finish it if possible. I just want to check in to see who is still interested and who isn't. If not enough people are interested in keeping this going then I may end it slightly earlier. :catgirl:[/font][/QUOTE]I'm still interested. I always have been, I just had health and personal things going on in my life for a while there. Things have settled back down, it's just been a case of getting back into things here at OB again.

Anyway, I talked to Sabrina and had her send my character off on her own so I will be posting either this evening or tomorrow to follow up on that. It won't be much though, just her making sure she wasn't reported missing before heading back to join the others at Viktor's quarters.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And done. It's not terribly long, but it does get me back into the rpg.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Excellent! Great work everyone. We're getting there.

I hope you are starting to feel a bit better, Kathy. Don't worry about not being here - it took me ages to post myself last time, haha.

I'm a bit more worried about some of the members who signed up but really haven't posted anything. If there are no posts soon I'll just assume they aren't coming back. But for everyone else, thanks again for your support. I love reading your new posts. :catgirl:[/font]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]In spite of it being two months I'd like to continue as well. >_> Ironically, I'm recovering from a sinus infection right now. So I haven't been feeling very good this week. But the meds are working so I could probably get something up either tomorrow or Saturday. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I'm still alive and interested in this - I just started a new job last week and it's eating my life. I get weekends off so I should post in the next couple of days - I just need to get back into the right frame of mind.

Sorry about my unexplained inactivity!
[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay so I've got a new post up now. Sorry for the delay, guys!

I'm really on the cusp of a new Landmark, but I felt that I needed to post a little bit more before going ahead with that. So my [i]next[/i] post will introduce the Landmark.

This post is still part of the System Error Landmark.

As you can see, things are getting crazy again. My post took place over several stages of the day, so please don't feel compelled to only post about the current emergency - feel free to write about whatever time period you like in your posts.

As mentioned, my next post will introduce a new Landmark. I expect it will be the second-last Landmark in the RPG.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Okay so I've got a new post up now. Sorry for the delay, guys!

I'm really on the cusp of a new Landmark, but I felt that I needed to post a little bit more before going ahead with that. So my [i]next[/i] post will introduce the Landmark.

This post is still part of the System Error Landmark.

As you can see, things are getting crazy again. My post took place over several stages of the day, so please don't feel compelled to only post about the current emergency - feel free to write about whatever time period you like in your posts.

As mentioned, my next post will introduce a new Landmark. I expect it will be the second-last Landmark in the RPG.[/font][/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll post tonight. Excited about this because your post provided the perfect scenario for me to work on.

EDIT: Sorry, I unexpectedly made plans. I guess it will have to wait for tomorrow when I get out of class.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Just a little post to bring my character up to speed with where you left off in your post James. I figure you have a landmark in mind to cover that so I didn't want to speculate as to what was going on. Though Katelyn is definitely going, what the hell? [/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oh great stuff, Aaryanna. Your post captured the situation perfectly.

I will be attempting to do a post tomorrow and that will include the next Landmark.

Also some other writers were planning to introduce something related to the secret deck at the bottom of the ship - you guys might want to introduce that once the next Landmark arrives. This will reveal the majority of the conspiracy.

But for those who haven't read it, [i]The Shirota Strain[/i] on the first page actually explains a lot. The codes in there are tied to the alien code name...and the revelations that Arthur talked about when they discovered the laboratory.

This is all tied to what's under the ship. :catgirl:

[/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I hope you don't mind me tossing a little suspicion your way [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR]. =P Or rather to your character. Obviously I have no idea how the mix up happened since whether it was a system error or someone altering the record wasn't clarified.

However my character is convinced that someone did something and that it's not a system error. Whether it was a glitch or someone really did is of course undecided at this point. I just thought it would be fun to include that he thinks someone is up to no good. Considering what he saw at the station, I'd say that fits. =P[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]And here I thought Sabrina was implicating Jeff not Samantha. o_O And knowing you two, that's probably just a sneaky way of fooling us, if someone actually is up to no good.

[I]Pfft![/I] I'm sure I'll find out in due time. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, I just thought Kathy's post ended in a very unnerving way. I really got that physical creepy feeling from it almost.

Anyway I hope to have my next post and the landmark up by the end of this week sometime. So there's a bit of time for any further posts before that. I thought there were a couple of people still to post...so yeah.

We're drawing very close now. I just hope I can explain things properly in my next few posts! Haha.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, I just thought Kathy's post ended in a very unnerving way. I really got that physical creepy feeling from it almost.[/font][/QUOTE]Glad to hear it since that's what I was aiming for. I know Sabrina was edging more towards Jeff, but I thought it would be fun to include [I]both[/I] of them. Indi was fine with that when I asked her about it on AIM. I have no idea if that's true or not, but considering what they found there, I'm inclined to believe someone is up to no good too, that's a pretty startling secret to stumble upon after all. Though who knows? When you consider how advanced the Von Braun is, it could literally be anyone.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Just letting everyone know that my next post is almost finished. I will hopefully get the last little bit done tonight. It's turning out to be slightly bigger than normal because there are a couple of revelations in this one. :catgirl:

Edit: Okay, so maybe not quite tonight. Hopefully shortly though. I'm nearly there and I'm trying to make sure I get the other characters right. [/font]

I'll have to read that post when I get back from being out of town James. I already told Indi, but I'll be out of town from the 21st to the 28th. So I won't be posting anything until I get back. I might have Internet access where I'm going, but I'm visiting family so I doubt I'll spend any time online.

[font=franklin gothic medium]No worries!

I've just posted...[i]finally[/i]. Sorry for the length, guys. I've tried to put in a lot more information this time.

This post reveals a lot more than some of the previous posts, but if you guys have any questions about what's unfolded here... just let me know and I'll explain all.

I can even put together a bullet point list of what's happening thus far if you want, just let me know.

And I hope I've portrayed other characters properly! Please let me know if anything is inaccurate. :catgirl:[/font]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]O_O Well, she turned out to be... wacky as all get out. I'll be sure to get a post in this week. Now that I know what's happened (as in the crash) I just need some time to decide how I'm going to approach it.

For the record: [spoiler]I figured Samantha was a dingbat. >_>[/spoiler][/FONT][/COLOR]