OtakuBoards

The Von Braun Odyssey: Cast & Crew

James

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Umm...

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or even posting this at all, but, I just thought I would let everyone know that I have not fallen out of this RPG; I am merely waiting for the most opportune moment to introduce my character.

So don't forget about me.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well, it might be a bit early to have someone drunk and swinging from the chandelier...

Oh yes and I need someone I can include in my next post to dance with me. Since Shy's character will have performance anxiety. Har har *Raucous Laughter *[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Devin can likely fit that bill if I drag his sorry behind into this, which I should likely get around to doing. I'm just having problems coming up with an opening post that doesn't sound almost exactly like everyone else's (especially reactions to the ship, as it'd be insanely impressive even to a professional explorer).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Kenso'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Devin can likely fit that bill if I drag his sorry behind into this, which I should likely get around to doing. I'm just having problems coming up with an opening post that doesn't sound almost exactly like everyone else's (especially reactions to the ship, as it'd be insanely impressive even to a professional explorer).[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well just cough something up and I can rescue you from mindless boring repetitive dialogue/reactions. I'm such a savior.[/FONT][/COLOR]

James did give me permission to use Jamie King as my character, (something that I've already discussed with DeLarge) but I've been holding back on posting because his avatar hasn't been posted to the official cast list and I didn't want to funk with it possibly being a different size...

But seeing as the new landmark will be up soon and I don't want to be one of the only people left to make a post.

DeLarge: I thought your character was supposed to be Adam... It just threw me off :p, but I'll just use Alex because that's what you've been using.

EDIT: I've posted, and I left it open for either Raiha or DeLarge to continue.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sandy;813470]Funny that the ship left Earth's atmosphere already, but nobody seems to take any notice of it. XD[/QUOTE][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"'] Anyway... I too find it interesting that they are in space and no one even noticed that the ship took off. :o[/FONT][/quote]That is the general idea. When you think about how the ship is set up, if people needed to be strapped in for a launch, it wouldn't be all that fantastical of a voyage in the first place. People might have noticed a bit of a vibration but not much else, so feel free to indicate that the ship has already left orbit. It wouldn't have been broadcasted at a place like the party, so those guests would be unaware of it. [/COLOR]

[size=1]I was talking about this with Indi, but we figured it would be best to open it up to everyone:

It has been established that through sensors on the room keys/ID badges every guest and crew member on board the Von Braun is being monitored and tracked at all times. However, there can't possibly be video cameras [i]everywhere.[/i]

Since a couple of characters (DeLarge/Darren/Myself) have clear motivations for wanting to slip past security, what areas of the ship should not be under 24/7 video surveillance? Private rooms and bathrooms, obviously, but what about crew quarters or "backstage" areas?

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Okay, cue interview!

Or have it interrupted by another rabid fan. Or...something. I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. ...well I would be if I were wearing pants.[/FONT][/COLOR]

My take (chief of security) is ALL hallways will be monitored. Rooms such as the mainframe or war room won't be monitored considering that you'll need special access to get in there anyways and cameras would just be redundant. Closets will not have cameras inside them. This will make it very hard to get around the ship but luckily all of the maintenance and security guys are uniformed. If you were to say, follow one of the guys into the bathroom and steal their uniform, the sheer number of crew members on the ship should be enough to get to most places without being recognized.

If you're already ship personnel and want access to somewhere you don't belong, you could always swipe an access card or slip past someone to get in.

In the end, the final decision is up to Indi and James, but I don't think ship security will be lax. I mean a pleasure cruise can turn into a nightmare if one person gets out of line, I mean look at Ahab.

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Okay, cue interview!

Or have it interrupted by another rabid fan. Or...something. I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. ...well I would be if I were wearing pants.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

With the way all the character are undressing Ilona with their eyes, I understand. But you know you enjoy the attention ;)

[font=franklin gothic medium]Ship security won't be lax...but this isn't 1984 either.

Despite any potential subversive/secretive issues going on, the Von Braun is primarily intended as a hotel. So the actual hotel areas (i.e. passenger quarters and surroundings) are relatively low security - at least in comparison to larger public places and high security zones (like B-2, which nobody - not even the Captain - can access).

Crew quarters would have higher security, but not a great deal more. Crew rooms and such would have no cameras or microphones, etc. However, you would certainly expect hallways and public rooms to be monitored.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Ship security won't be lax...but this isn't 1984 either.
[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Ah yes, Ve Vill Verk Mit You Until Your Mind is Right!

......just kidding. So there won't be some sweaty security guards watching Ilona shower? Oh darn. And yeah, so what if I like the attention? What'll you do? Sue me?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Darren]With the way all the character are undressing Ilona with their eyes[/QUOTE]Objection! Maybe your character and others... but not mine. :p [QUOTE=Raiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"] So there won't be some sweaty security guards watching Ilona shower? Oh darn. And yeah, so what if I like the attention? What'll you do? Sue me?[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Question is, does Ilona like it?[I] Ha![/I] Anyway, Viktor might speak to her, but it would be to find out if there would be performances where the focus was on her singing and not a noisy party. In other words, without all the "noise" drowning her out.

Certainly not for the reasons the other "boys" would. They may be older than he is but that is how he would see it. =P[/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Sorry for my absence over the weekend guys - we don't have internet at home right now. This was an unpleasant surprise (I'm staying with parents, which explains why this is the case haha).

I was going to finalise the next landmark with Crystia on Friday and I wasn't able to. So, again, sorry for that everyone - it does delay things ever so slightly.

This week I will get up to speed with everyone's posts and will endeavour to have the next landmark up. I'm hoping we'll have internet this week, but I'm not holding my breath.
[/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Aaah! Sorry I haven't posted yet, guys (it's a good thing my character is just a random old guy and not a captain or something, haha). The past two weeks have been [i]incredibly[/i] busy (work, school and social life).

Anyway, I requested the entire weekend off work so hopefully I'll be able to get all caught up and write a post![/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Alright as you can see, the second landmark is up and as the notes say:

[SIZE="1"]Though not immediately apparent, the space outpost is completely empty and undisturbed, as if the people there simply vanished without a trace.[/SIZE]

So you have a space outpost that is empty, it's undisturbed and all the life pods are still there, a true mystery as to what could have happened.

Also... everyone was one of the few passengers selected to head over. So in a moment all of you will be free to explore the Deep Space Outpost. Feel free to break off in groups or explore separately if you wish. Though I imagine the security and engineering group would of course head to the control center for the outpost in order to facilitate the necessary repairs to the Communications Beacon. [/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]This will lead to another landmark shortly, which will present a dilemma for some guests.

Also we have moved directly to the part where everyone is boarding the shuttle bound for the outpost. If you wish to write about anything prior to that (i.e. when your character was selected or whatever), you can include that in your post too - but I would advise marking it as separate with a line break tag or something.[/font]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I settled for the moderately rude awakening and a pleasant view of how lounge singers live their glamorous lives...drinking coffee doused in in sugar...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I hope no one minds that I indicated they are on the station now. >_> It also seemed reasonable to suggest that there was several directions people could take. I can always edit that if necessary, if not... Left is for the headquarters or command area that runs the station, the center path to the labs James mentioned in his post and to the right where those who were living there would be staying when they aren't working in the labs... if they hadn't vanished that is! =P[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Okay. I finally made a post. Sorry about the length. And just to clear up any possible confusion, I'm going to explain what I meant with my post:

I meant for it to say that the voices that Natalia, Katelyn, Victor, and Zahir heard were actually the voices of Ilona, Devin, Jamie, and Alex. At that time, Samantha and the rest of the staff were still up in the control room. However, later the staff approached, forcing the second group to hide in the ventilation system. So there you have it. Group 1 has no clue group 2 is there, and group 2 doesn't even know who makes up group 1...

I hope this is all okay. I can find some way to edit it if it's not. Again, I just wanted to cover for my lack of posting since the latest landmark. (Or at all, really)

[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay, so my latest post includes a little more information (only a little) that may help to shed light on a few things.

Shortly I will be posting the next Landmark, which will involve a significant incident (and which will lead into the first major "revelation" of the RPG).

Also, for those of you who haven't yet posted...there's no real urgency to do so, but it would be courteous to let us know if you're actually quitting. Sandy has quit due to time constraints (he's on holiday from memory) and he was kind enough to let me know.

Having said that, everyone else is doing a wonderful job. I'm really happy with the way people are taking their characters - we're seeing some good personalities emerging now.

Please feel free to take some liberties with your characters, too (flashbacks are fine but it might be a good idea to mark them so that we know what's going on).[/font]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yup. I will be posting the next landmark soon, with an explanation as to how it will work.

I will also be putting up a landmark index on the front page of this thread, so that we can keep track of everything. :catgirl:[/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Oh my! *laughs wildly* We've been locked in! XD

Anyway, I was just wondering the same thing that Aaryanna just asked. So I'll wait for an answer before I work on another post. Hehe. :catgirl:

I wonder if that happened when the when the temporary power Samantha restored ended. The doors locking automatically like that. o_O I guess they should not have dawdled and poked their noses into things! =P

[B]EDIT:[/B] Nevermind, James just answered the question. Hehe.[/FONT]