OtakuBoards

Attack of the Super Nerds!!!!

Lunar

:animestun

question. if someone called you a nerd, would that be insulting???

if you're a nerd and you're proud, say it.

does anyone consider themselves a nerd???

I don't consider myself a nerd, it's kinda derogatory to me. however, i wouldn't be insulted if someone called me a nerd. if they called me a nerd, i would say thank you!!! because they know i'm smarter than them.
ha!
straight a's and one C (in math) ballin'!!!

NOTE: if you're a nerd, does that consider you unable to say anything that's cool?
this has been bothering me for a while:animeswea

[font=franklin gothic medium]I think everyone has at least one nerdy thing about them. It doesn't bother me at all.

I think it's more nerdy to actually care that you're a nerd more than anything else. The act of thinking about one's own nerdiness is supremely nerdy, in my opinion. :catgirl:

I figure that if someone calls me a nerd (and if they're attempting to insult me), that automatically makes them more nerdy than me. After all, calling someone else a nerd is probably one of the most nerdy insults you can make.

[b]Edit:[/b] See how many times I can fit nerd into one post? [i]That's[/i] nerdy! :drunk:[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I think everyone has at least one nerdy thing about them. It doesn't bother me at all.

I think it's more nerdy to actually care that you're a nerd more than anything else. The act of thinking about one's own nerdiness is supremely nerdy, in my opinion. :catgirl:

I figure that if someone calls me a nerd (and if they're attempting to insult me), that automatically makes them more nerdy than me. After all, calling someone else a nerd is probably one of the most nerdy insults you can make.[/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You lost me after the second "nerd":animestun

To be honest, being called a nerd doesn't really offend me. People will call you a nerd for all sorts of reasons, whether it'd be that you have higher grades, geeky hobbies...etc. You are who you are, and there will always be someone who is gonna ridicule or question that sort of philosophy. It's just the same to jeer the cheerleaders or the jocks, you see nerds do it all the time. In the end, as long as you are happy with who you are, it shouldn't matter what weeaboo stereotype you have.[/FONT]

Well, the term "nerd" can mean 2 different things:

1) It can mean an unattractive and foolish person.

2) Or it could mean a single minded person who is felt to be socially inept.

Although neither of them really relate to me, I make good grades (all A's except one B in Spanish -- which is a 85+) and do what I have to do in the class room.

The thing I really don't understand about people is this:
Why people think those who play sports are ignorant.

I would think the exact opposite because, I'd assume that if you have a healthy body, you'd also have a healthy mind to do work and learn.

I may have all A's (well, one B), but I also play football and (in my opinion) I'm doing well. I'm able to lift more weights than most kids, yet I'm the smallest kid there. I'm only 5'2 and 130lbs, but I lift more than lineman. Now, Its most likely my work ethic, but thats not where I'm going.

There are other kids who fit into the stereo type of, ignorant athlete. But at the same time, I'm better than them in the class room AND the weight room (and performing all-together).

Suure, people call me a geek. But they know if it all comes down to it, I'm a better performer when it comes to any situation and therefore, they just ask for my homework ;)

I am a nerd, and I am proud of it. Its kind of like the term Otaku, in it's original usage it is derogatory but these days it is hardly considered an insult or anything bad and indeed many people desire being like that.

Not much else to say on the matter, as long as you don't start singing Wierd Al: White and Nerdy around me.

[quote name='CrimsonKnight']
straight a's and one C (in math) ballin'!!!

NOTE: if you're a nerd, does that consider you unable to say anything that's cool?
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]Nerds are not allowed to say "ballin'".
Actually, I retract that statement.

[I]No one[/I] should be allowed to say "ballin'".[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Okay. I have to admit, I have unfortuantely accused cheerleaders of being airheads.:haha:
but, however, my younger sister's a cheerleader and she's a genius, so i guess i shoould take that back.
i personally think the people who call other people nerds are either jealous, want to be "popular", or they just think it's funny.
actually, i have realized that people call people nerds mainly because of their appearance (i.e. nerdy clothes, big glasses, major acne(no offense to anyone who has major acne)) it's really rare if someone knows someone elses grades unless they tell them. i have been called a nerd because people see the grades i get on tests.

hey, did you just insult me person who insulted my writing skills?(now that i think about it, you [I]did [/I] say no one should say ballin'. you should say that to my friend elika, she says that alot.
just because i said author's instead of authors doesn't mean i can't write! sheesh.
p.s. i didn't know otaku was an insult. tell me more![/COLOR]

Hehe I liked how you ended that taperson. In my opionion, "nerd" was a term that was lost in the 90's. With technology integrated into society as it were. "Computer nerds" who was everyone that onwned a computer. Sort've changed into "Computer Geek". Now that thecomputer age is upon us and the Geeks rule the world. It's now socially acceptable to be incredibly smart. And the slackers who get Straight C's and D's are sort've the "outcasts". Not saying that if you get C's and D's you're an outcast. But the type of slacker/Jock/Screw Society types are now in their own rights Nerds. Since they're the ones who people look down upon.

Oh and like i said I liked the insult Taperson. But I think it's still cool to say ballin For shizzle

[QUOTE]Oh and like i said I liked the insult Taperson. But I think it's still cool to say ballin For shizzle[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]NO! NEVER SAY "FOR SHIZZLE" IN YOUR LIFE!
YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE![/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]and why is everyone against me? hm? hm?![/COLOR]
p.s. drizzt guy, you need to learn how to spell. it's "owned" not "onwed" <----is that even a word? and taperson, you're just a hater. you're just mad 'cause you can't say ballin' as well as i can. ha!

[quote name='CrimsonKnight'] and taperson, you're just a hater. you're just mad 'cause you can't say ballin' as well as i can. ha![/QUOTE]
[COLOR="deepskyblue"][SIZE="1"]
*Ahem*

*Deep breath*[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="2"][B][I]BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN'![/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="deepskyblue"][SIZE="1"]
Never again.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]haha. very funny, drizzt. don't try to be hard to outsmart me. i know everything. and don't try to do that again. misspelling hurts my eyes. taperson. i don't know how to say this, but YOU SUCK!!!:animesmil[/COLOR]

Now, truth be told. Restfting Taperson and me from saying Ballin or For Shizzle could be considered racist. Though I'll say outright I'm just a white boy. BUT Those words are a part of African American culture. AND if Taperson is black, then you could be looking at a HEFTY lawsuit.....so maybe you should apologize....common I'm waiting

[COLOR="Red"]sorry you're a white boy. really. i'm not apologizing for nothin' drizzt. understand?:angry2:[/COLOR]

oh, and for your information, i'm african american, so i should know, sucka!

sorry, i got a little angry there. being an african american nerd means i can't say things like that.:animeswea

[COLOR="Indigo"]And that will be enough of that children. I'm looking mostly at you [B]taperson[/B] & [B]Drizzt Do'urden[/B]. And CrimsonKnight, don't go telling other people they suck, it's rude and unnecessary, the report bad post function is there for a reason.

Now, back on track people, it's not that hard to respond to a post [I]without[/I] insulting someone else in the process. Show a little maturity please.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]And that will be enough of that children.[/COLOR][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Official admin comment to go along with this:

[center][img]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2225/servedmp2.jpg[/img][/center][/color]

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]And that will be enough of that children. I'm looking mostly at you [B]taperson[/B] & [B]Drizzt Do'urden[/B]. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]Hey now, I ended it at two.
Now, to answer the question at hand.

Yes, I consider myself a nerd but in a more awkward sense. I know so many random, trivial points to make myself geeky, but the "nerd" comes from my love of band. So... "band nerd", really. I mean, I'm obsessed to the point where MusEd is my [I]major.[/I]

So there ya have it. All that + full ride to college = supernerd.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]*Waits for Nerdsy's eventual rant about the excellence of actually being a nerd.*

I'm a nerd, and have no real problems admitting it, although equally I don't suffer from the supposed lack of a social-life attached to the name, probably because not everything I do is classed as "nerdy", just about 90% of it. :animesmil[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Nerdsy, you're such a friggen' nerd.

But me, I get called it by my friends, but I'm no nerd. Well, Rock Music nerd could fit me, but that doesn't exist. The only nerdy thing about me is that I LOVE video games, but not so much these days.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I guess whether or not it would be an insult would depend on the context in which the word was used. I mean people tell me I'm a bit naive, but it's hardly an insult when it's true. >_> My parents were convinced that stuff like the Internet was nothing but perverts and had other very strict notions while I was growing up as well.

Then there's the matter of whether or not you even care what others say if their intent is to be rude. I happen to like NOT knowing or learning about certain topics. So if that makes me naive, so be it, I prefer it actually. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]Now, back on track people, it's not that hard to respond to a post [I]without[/I] insulting someone else in the process. Show a little maturity please.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Where were you when Allamorph told me I suck?:p

[SIZE="1"]Of course, I was jokingly slamming Masahiro Sakurai for being a non-native English speaker at the time...[/SIZE]

As for topic, I consider myself a huge nerd. Heck, I even call myself a nerd. I display a lot of the characteristics, such as high math scores, playing video games whose titles don't begin with "Grand" and end with "Theft Auto" and a general fascination with technology. Despite all this, I remain somewhat popular at school and in most places I regularly visit. Guess I'm one of them cool nerds.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Aceburner']Where were you when Allamorph told me I suck?:p[/QUOTE]Laughing because you do suck. [spoiler]kidding[/spoiler]

I've never had an issue with anyone calling me a nerd and if they did, wouldn't really matter. Usually someone like that is the real nerd who's trying to hide their nerdy nature by claiming others and not themselves are the nerd.[/COLOR]