Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']Funnily enough, I posted just like I do now when I joined. [/FONT][/quote]Same here. ^^ Though I suppose that's because I've only been here for two and a half months. >_> It sure feels like it's been a lot longer though. o_O[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]I [I]did[/I] initially start posting in Tahoma, but I switched to Arial really quick because [FONT=Tahoma]Tahoma is just fat.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Same thing with Verdana.[/FONT]

So yeah.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Awww... but I like Tahoma... It has such a nice stylish look to it.

[FONT="Arial"]Arial on the other hand, just looks like some skinny thing that would fall over given a chance.[/FONT] :D[/FONT]
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][QUOTE=Aceburner]About the font preferences:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]I am now announcing my change to Comic Sans in order to tick people off.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]o_O Why would that tick people off? =P [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I think Comic Sans looks nice too.[/FONT]

I still like Tahoma though. :catgirl: The only fonts I dislike are the ones that when people use the smaller size for the text, become next to impossible to read... >_> [/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Sabrina][FONT="Tahoma"][FONT="Arial"]Arial on the other hand, just looks like some skinny thing that would fall over given a chance.[/FONT'] :D[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Dad-gum it, my secret's out.[/FONT]
Posted
[SIZE=1]*Slaps forehead* I don't want to talk about it.

I sure hope I've matured since my first posts - let's not talk about them - and I think the vast majority of people have over the past few years. Guess this board kinda has that effect on people XD. It definitely improved my writing ability.[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Dad-gum it, my secret's out.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="black"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial"]It's 'kay. I like Arial too.

[I]*slapped*[/I]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I've noticed that my posts have less smilies in them since I joined. >_> That doesn't mean I've gotten more mature though. I like to think I have but who doesn't? I also think my ability to write has improved but I'm sure that's more from all the English classes I have to take than from OB's influence. Heh. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
That's funny, because I found that all of the English and Creative Writing classes I have taken hasn't improved me at all. I just read all of works (especially Alan Moore ;) ) and had people comment on me.

I swear, I have gotten several criticisms that were more valuable to my improvement as a writer than all of my hours in an English class.
Posted
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I [I]did[/I] initially start posting in Tahoma, but I switched to Arial really quick because [FONT=Tahoma]Tahoma is just fat.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Same thing with Verdana.[/font][/FONT][/QUOTE]Well everyone knows that Lucida Sans Unicode pwns [FONT="Arial"]skinny Arial[/FONT]. =P

Putting that aside, I think the biggest change in my posting since I joined is using less smilies like Aaryanna mentioned. That and I try to avoid having sentence fragments. >_> Grammar is evil. [spoiler]Waits for Allamorph to sail in and correct her grammar, you know you will brat! =P[/spoiler]

@Matt I think it depends on the teacher. I've had some that were pretty useless and others that did wonders for improving my ability to write. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Putting that aside, I think the biggest change in my posting since I joined is using less smilies like Aaryanna mentioned. [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]That verb should be past perfect tense. "biggest change ... has been"

:D[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]Having a record of how you acted when you were thirteen is pretty ******. Similar to 'breko I'm turning twenty this year so some things have changed.

For instance, now I have a deep, sexy voice that was absent back in those days. :smooch:[/color][/QUOTE]

Dude you are ******* funny...

I noticed that when I first joined I used to add my very own titles to my post my most famous being just this->.....<-. I'd make a really small or stupid reply or both, and I spelt like I had the IQ of a drunken monkey. Now not much has changed at all except me not adding my own titles to the mix because I still spell like a drunken monkey and I do make some pretty "dopeheadish" replies.
Posted
[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]Having a record of how you acted when you were thirteen is pretty ******. Similar to 'breko I'm turning twenty this year so some things have changed. [/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Quoted for truth, it's definitely not that enjoyable to go back and peruse posts you made over six years ago. One of the things that definitely makes you realise how long you've been around too is when your early posts are part of threads with only four digits in the hyperlink.

As for the development between now and then, suffice to say it left me rather startled. ^_^;[/SIZE]

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]For instance, now I have a deep, sexy voice that was absent back in those days. :smooch:[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]You forgot the beards and long hair Ken.[/SIZE]
Posted
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]i dunnoz whats' uz fools is talking abut...i postz the same wayz as i did ovah 5 yrs ago! :D :D :D :D :D

I merely jest. For a corollary to this little discussion, I started up a continuation of an old RP that I started over 4 years ago and it was funny to read through the thread and see how hyper I was and the lack of proper grammar and spelling. I've seen a noticiable change in my posting style. When I was younger, I was all hyper in my posts and now I've mellowed out and really don't post with the same "OMG I'm on OTAKUBOARDS!!! :D " kind of style.

I tend to still use smilies, but they're few and far in between now. My posts used to be [I]littered[/I] with smilies. No offense to people who use smilies, but you gotta know the stopping point of those. For me at least, it tends to make me look at the smilies and the words that you type.

:D :D :D :D :D

(I'm such a rascal)[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Well everyone knows that Lucida Sans Unicode pwns [FONT=Arial]skinny Arial[/FONT]. =P[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Shut your mouth. Skinny arial is king. :p

I guess for me the biggest change has been that a lot of the people I originally connected with here have left, and it happened so gradually that I never really replaced them properly with new, fun people...so I lost interest.

That and...I don't post in the Newbie Lounge anymore.

[Also, I miss Literati]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
Posted
[quote name='Lady Asphyxia][LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Shut your mouth. Skinny arial is king. :p[/SIZE][/FONT'][/LEFT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Heart.

(^_^)[/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Lady Asphyxia'][LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2] Skinny arial is king. :p[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT][/QUOTE]Good grief... Arial is so [I]not[/I] king. =P *breaks it in half*

All joking aside I actually like Microsoft Sans Serif and it's my default for my Word program, but while it looks nice and lovely in word, it looks uglier than hell on the boards. Trebuchet MS is great but when you go to small text you lose some of the bolding effects and it too looks ugly. So I end up sticking with Verdana since it looks great no matter what the size.

Instead of fighting over it we should get this launched: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=811377&postcount=42"][U]Click![/U][/URL] So we can go after the real offender... Times New Roman! [/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="Red"]DEATHKNIGHT, I WOULD LIKE IF YOU CHANGE YOUR TEXT COLOR. PLEASE! RED IS MINE, ALL MINE! *ahem* have i matured? i guess i have met many sarcastic people.....hmm. i dunno. and deathknight, on the best question ever thread, everyone was waiting for your reply. i can't take anymore ridicule, reply already![/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Umm... uh... DeathKnight was here first, he had red font first and he had Knight first... I think YOU ADMIRE HIM! [I]sssssssssss[/I] *burn*[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Umm... uh... DeathKnight was here first, he had red font first and he had Knight first... I think YOU ADMIRE HIM! [I]sssssssssss[/I] *burn*[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Uh...I'm pretty sure that Crimson just joined without looking at the names or font of other members...but since you care enough to tease her about admiration, I may sense a crush from you...maybe.:p

EDIT: I just read, Aberinkula says he's not a stalker! So I take back the crush thing, and my apologies for the mix up. :animeswea
Posted
[size=1][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]...Oh, CrimsonKnight is a 'she' O_o I never payed attention to those details >_< Hey remember Chibi, you're in Ace's story and so am I... *rubs hands together*[/COLOR][/size]
Posted
[quote name='Aberinkula'][size=1][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Hey remember Chibi, you're in Ace's story and so am I... *rubs hands together*[/COLOR][/size][/QUOTE]

Huh? Yeah, and I'm helping to keep your a** outta jail, so what? *gets out umbrella*:confused:
Posted
[quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]DEATHKNIGHT, I WOULD LIKE IF YOU CHANGE YOUR TEXT COLOR. PLEASE! RED IS MINE, ALL MINE! *ahem* have i matured? i guess i have met many sarcastic people.....hmm. i dunno. and deathknight, on the best question ever thread, everyone was waiting for your reply. i can't take anymore ridicule, reply already![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]CRIMSONKNIGHT I DO NOT THINK I AM GOING TO LISTEN TO YOUR REQUEST BECAUSE MY COLOR IS ACTUALLY CRIMSON AND I HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR MANY YEARS NOW BUT I APPRECIATE YOU ASKING ME POLITELY AND I HOPE WE CAN BECOME GOOD AND JOLLY FRIENDS TOGETHER THANKS BYE[/color]
Posted
[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]CRIMSONKNIGHT I DO NOT THINK I AM GOING TO LISTEN TO YOUR REQUEST BECAUSE MY COLOR IS ACTUALLY CRIMSON AND I HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR MANY YEARS NOW BUT I APPRECIATE YOU ASKING ME POLITELY AND I HOPE WE CAN BECOME GOOD AND JOLLY FRIENDS TOGETHER THANKS BYE[/color][/QUOTE]

Hey, you know what? I actually [I]do[/I] see the difference between the colors! ACK! Why didn't I notice earlier! *bashes head into wall* YEEP! I'm stuck!:o
Posted
[FONT=Arial]I know I said my posts haven't changed much, but looking back I notice something.

My early posts were startlingly relevant to their topics.

And for some reason, I was less sarcastic then, too. Guess the power went to my head, or something. I'm terrible.[/FONT]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...