OtakuBoards

What I learned from Video games is...

Haku877

The average human being will not notice multiple chest wounds that would usually kill a person. However, contact with any part of the head will always kill.
- Too many FPS's.

People will always hide their life savings in tall grass or inside of pots.
- Zelda

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Sensing a growing disturbance in the Force means that Soul Edge and Soul Calibur are making a rift in the space-time continum.

Lightsabers CAN be blocked by metal.

As long as you hold your sword, axe, or even ring blade up as if you are blocking then you are immune to Force powers.

You have to be Soul Crushed before someone can rend you with a single attack, however, if you have not been Soul Crushed then even the strongest attack takes, maybe, half your health. Block less, attack more.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Both Resident Evil references. Old and New:

1. If you save a wild wolf, it will be eternally indebted to you and will come back to help you out when you need it most.

2. All rich people have elaborate puzzles or keys hidden in secret places, just to get to the next room in their mansions.

No matter what hits you- RPG, helicopter, heavy machine gun, or grenades
an adrenaline shot will make all of that go away- Kane & Lynch

I can play the drums, and If I can't, I can make them easier to play without
playing a different song. -Rockband

I can sing- Rockband

A guitar has 5 frets and 1 string- Guitar Hero/ Rockband

I can jump out of a spaceship and land on a planet and live- Halo 3

Tactics are for fools. Rush rush rush and hit stuff - Halo 3

I can punch holes in the back of tanks- Halo 3

People can take 50 rounds to the chest from a submachine gun w/o body armor
because it's just an SMG- James Bond: Nightfire

I can kill 50 people in 2 minutes with my advanced guns and drones, but I lack the ability to climb over tiny rocks and small obstacles.- G.R.A.W.

I can modify a mace to kill things instantly from 100 feet away- Morrowind

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Throwing a sports ball will do more damage than a sword. - Final Fantasy X (My Wakka is currently stronger than Tidus.)

An animal with a distinguishing feature like two tails or long ears can use them to lift their whole body and fly. - Sonic the Hedgehog (Tails and Cream)

Pulling out people's spines isn't as hard as you think. - Mortal Kombat (Fatalities)

The guy with the uniquely coloured hair is usually the bad guy. - some in the Final Fantasy series

The females in your party usually have pathetic physical stats but make up for it in magic, and it's never a male that's designated as white mage/summoner. - more Final Fantasy

There's pretty much always a fist fighting character. - Final Fantasy, again.

Your main character pretty much always gets a few scenes where they're allowed to angst or have some sort of breakdown, about or over their past and history, some more than others. - Final Fantasy~

You know something can be examined because an exclamation mark appears above your head. - Final Fantasy IX

You can press people continuously on the same statement, or around and around, and they won't say anything about it. - Phoenix Wright[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=crimson]* Death is only sometime permanent and especially so if you are bloodlessly wounded by Sephiroth.

* Someone has spent a great deal of time collecting treasures and trinkets just to place them in boxes, bags, or treasure chests and leave them everywhere imaginable.

* Ideals will defeat anything else 99.9% of the time be it gods, governments, destiny, or otherwise.

* Ancient cultures enjoyed building long, winding, cavernous dungeons or, sometimes, tall, unending towers with endless arrays of staircases merely for shits and giggles.

* Heroes or groups of heroes are best employed as couriers or treasure hunters instead of fighting evil or protecting townspeople.

* Time is a fickle mistress but will often allow you to wander for endless amounts of time at your leisure while your greatest foe patiently waits.

* It rarely rains. Often, it seems to rain at the most depressing and terrible of moments in your life but that is mere coincidence.

* It's alright to have over half a million coins on your person as it really has been helping your upper body strength.

* Though, at the same time, you've noticed that there is an odd compulsion developing where you merely buy 99 of an item and stop short of 100.[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]You can go into anybodys house and steal whatever you want, even right in front of them and they dont care, but the miniute you so much as poke a potplant with the blunt and of a stick all of the guards try to kill you - Ultima IX

the best mario caould ever come up with is throwing tiny fireballs that bowser laughs off, however bowser has a fully-automatic hammer launcher that is so small that you cant see it - super mario advance 1

only 10% of all walls in existance are actually solid - star wars battlefront II

remember the main prerequesite to becoming a zombie-slaying-uber-badass character is that you have to be a journalist with no combat training whatsoever - dead rising

if you get an average shooter and replece all of the storyline with zombies and gore then you have the Doom series

female and love intrest characters can't wear anything that looks even remotely comftorble, thats not to say that they dont look good =p - every rpg in the world[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Dang I havent done this in awhile but here it goes:

You can store an infinite amount of anything(guns,potions,money,other weapons, and treasures) inside of your own two pockets!!!

The comparison between doing wrestling moves on a video game and in real life is:
video game=victory real life=death and a lawsuit

anything can be killed if you simply jump on its head enough times

you always have to wait your turn when fighting for your life-final fantasy

when you simply need to get an item from someone, you have to go on a small quest killing many creatures, stealing stuff, and tricking bad guys just to come back and find out that the guy you need the item from has left and wont be back until you do something else(this is just great!!)

[FONT="Tahoma"][CENTER][B]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/B][/CENTER]
It will move and swim and even fight like a fish when you catch it, but it?s really a tire or a boot.

You can not only catch a great white shark that is bigger than you, but you can stuff it into your pocket! Incidentally, you can carry up to fifteen of these at the same time.

Plants in the house or in your dresser never need to be watered.

Opening the gates to your town instantly cures anyone who is sick.

Trees grow to full size and start to produce fruit in only three days.

Your neighbors can smell money, if you have money in your pockets; they will come and attempt to sell you all sorts of stuff.[/FONT]

~ Ninja Gaiden Black won't get any easier if you scream battlecries at your television set - Ninja Gaiden

~Talking is only reserved for the weak of heart - a majority of FPS

~Heroin gives you magic powers - Bioshock

~Every basement seems to have giant rats - various RPGs and MMORPGs

~In the future, english will be the universal language, even if the aliens are first interacting with humans

~I can ******* up the entire beginning of a song, but as long as I raise up my guitar in the last 30 seconds, I'll have the crowd roaring - guitar hero

~It takes about an hour for a creature to evolve from a single cell organism to a being capable of space travel - Spore

~If a character has an European accent, they are definatly evil and shouldn't be trusted -various

~Driving 200 miles down a crowded small town road is not only legal, but supported by various investors - Burnout

~If you are ever being hunted down by guards, simply look like you're praying. Works every time! - Assassin's Creed

~Always bring a sword to a gunfight - FF series

~The japanese are obviously on mind-expanding drugs - Katamari Damachi

[SIZE="1"]A few learned from [B]Warhammer Online[/B]

- Having a "frickin' sweet" hat automatically made the Witch-Hunter the coolest class in WAR.

- Having a flintlock pistol to execute enemies with (as well as generally shoot them from long distance) makes you feel awesome inside, especially when you kill a mage and roar "Where's your magic now ***** ?!!" without realising it.

- Killing a giant is not nearly as difficult as it sounds, simply hack at it's feet until it dies, it will not attempt to step on you or run away (convenient really).

- Said giants are stupid enough to reappear perioidically to be killed, usually by a group composing the people who killed it only a few minutes before-hand.

- Apparently shooting someone in their unarmoured head from point blank range with a flintlock pistol will not necessarily kill them, the same can be said to being hit with a giant freaking sword. [/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff]Considering I don't play video games all that often this will be a short list. BUt I'm still gonna try.

1.) I can dance! I can really dance- DDR any version

2.) Stay away from ghosty things because they can and will destroy you- PacMan (Hey I warned you all- I don't play video games that much)

3.) Whenever you find a mushroom, eat it- Super Mario Bro's any version

4.) It is possible to crash, burn and get a new car/motorcycle- Any racing game I've played.

5.) Dogs can talk and jump over barrels, but they can't swim- Some Scooby-Doo game I was helping my daughter play.

6.) Dancing on a mat will indeed help Dora to get to her party - Dora The Explore Fiesta DVD

7.) Only you can help Strawberry shortcake save her berry harvest from the Peculiar Purple Pie Man- Strawberry Shortcake dance mat DVD

8.) If you block someone in they will inevitably get upset curse at you and pee themselves until death comes- Any Sims game

9.) Flying into trees only makes you say 'ow' but it causes no permanent damage- Winx Flight Training game on 4Kids (so lame)

Yeah that's it.[/color]

• 2 months later...
Pokemon:

You can carry unlimited amounts of crap in your backpack, no matter what the size, but you will never be able to carry more than 6 of your pokemon at one time.

Animals of any size can be stored in a computer.

No matter what hell you put them through, your pokemon will never revolt or run away.

Animal Crossing:

Furniture can be stored in trees. And if said trees are shaken, the furniture will float to the ground in the shape of a leaf.

If you are stung by a swarm of bees, apply a little cure-all medicine and you will flip into the air, land, and be cured completely.

You can tell if someone is upset because black-ish purple swirly thingies will eminate from their heads.

If you move into a new town, you will already have a house. The catch is that the house is crappy, and there is an outrageous debt that you must pay off by first doing manual labor for a pushy raccoon in an apron.

[color=#9933ff]Okay I just remembered this after Chibi's (not me, the [B][I][U]OTHER[/U][/I][/B] Chibi) post about the furniture.

[B][U][CENTER]Gaia Towns on Gaia online:[/CENTER][/U][/B]

1.) Shaking trees will make gold coins appear

2.) the same can be said for going through the bushes... so please by all means go trample your neighbor's garden shrubs.

3.) Picking flowers will help you get some pretty tattoos later one

4.) The same with trash

And now that I say this I think I should go play on Gaia again... but who am I?[/color]

No matter how many times someone slashes you across the face, you will never sustain any facial scarring whatsoever. -Soul Calibur

No matter how many times you get dropped off a building, dipped in acid, impaled on spikes, crushed, burned, and/or slashed to pieces, you always get back up for round three. -Mortal Kombat.

It's pretty much required for all of the leading male characters to look like they could put on a dress and some make up, and be able to walk into a women's restroom with no problem. -Kingdom Hearts

Wearing as little clothes as possible is always the best way to prepare for combat if you're a female with giant breasts... -DOA

...But not if you're Sora. Clothes are magical. -Kingdom Hearts 2

Even if you've sustained massive cranial damage, drinking a potion will immediately make it all better. Just like chicken noodle soup. Yum. -Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy

The human body has the ability to absorb various materials, such as money, "experience orbs," etc., simply by coming in contact with them. Amazing. -Virtually every game

Your health is determined by a meter, not how many times you've just been shot in the face. -Once again, virtually every game

...and they say we don't learn anything from video games...:p

• 1 month later...
I know its been said but:

you can hold anything in your backpacks, even beer kegs, pets, food that will never expire, drinks that don't spill, and even a mount! also, small objects such as feathers, teeth, patches of fur, etc. take up the same amount of space as a kodo, weapon, armor, etc. (WoW mainly, but really any game for that matter)

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]It is possible to go on the same 2-3 year long quest to save the world many times. Not only that, but you can rig fate so that you are the same age every time and remember all your skills, spells, abilities and just about everything else not directly pertaining to the plotline. You can also choose to grow either faster than a bamboo tree or slower than a hibernating snail stuck in molasses at a stop sign.[/FONT]

• 1 month later...
Apparently, all the guys with accents are the villains, meaning anybody that is not American is an evil, dastardly devil.

All the bad guys have unique hairstyles.

Alternatively, all the good guys have unique haistyles as well.

Heck, the vast majority of people have unique hairstyles! And those who don't are the boring, expendable people that nobody cares about.