OtakuBoards

Wal-Mart and Gangs

Lunar

[quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You've got it all wrong.[/FONT][/QUOTE]No, [I]you've[/I] got it all wrong!The real culprit is,...SASUKE!!! I mean, c'mon, we all know that little emo punk ruins everything! He even started a little gang in the manga! Proving that he is a supporter of gang violence and their flashy bandanas!!! All the better reason to kill 'im of, Kishi!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chibi-master]No, [I]you've[/I'] got it all wrong!The real culprit is,...SASUKE!!![/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Oh, now that just hurts me. We were all having a stupid-fun old time, and then you had to go and drag [I]Naruto[/I] into it. Have you no decency? Have you no respect for the cartoons of our youth that you must defile them with dattebayo?

Oh, I am sad.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']No, [I]you've[/I] got it all wrong!The real culprit is,...SASUKE!!![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I want you to clear out your desk by 3. :p

No, but I doubt Sasuke has time to run an organization as evil as Wal-Mart. He's too busy using his brand new Mango Shenanigan eyes to mess with peoples heads and defy all logic with his choices of vengeful paths to take.[/FONT]

[quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]No, but I doubt Sasuke has time to run an organization as evil as Wal-Mart.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Okay, then...how about CrimsonKnight?! What if she's - actually, no, I take it back. Too many things point away from it. For now, GAVIN! He is the one that brought that annoying blue light bulb to life! Curse you, Gavin!!!Okay, case closed! Now who wants salty donuts?!:animesmil

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#6d527f][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1]She eats them, obviously.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]I thought that was only the cute girls.........*ducks flying objects*[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]
All humor aside, removing the bandanas would likely be about as useful as using a fork to drink a bowl of milk. As has been said, you can go to a different store, bye a white one and dye, or any number of various other options. Not to mention I doubt Wal-mart would give much of a damn about it to begin with, the heartless bastards.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Kenso'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1] Not to mention I doubt Wal-mart would give much of a damn about it to begin with, the heartless bastards.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Um, whoa...where'd that come from? You got something against Wal-Mart? I mean, I don't shop there or anything, but still...what'd they do to you?:confused:

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='chibi-master']No, [I]you've[/I] got it all wrong!The real culprit is,...SASUKE!!! I mean, c'mon, we all know that little emo punk ruins everything! He even started a little gang in the manga! Proving that he is a supporter of gang violence and their flashy bandanas!!! All the better reason to kill 'im of, Kishi!!![/QUOTE]Oh clueless one, Sasuke is too [I]stupid[/I] to manage his [I]own[/I] life let alone a corporation the size of Wal-Mart. *laughs*

Anyway, as others already stated, removing the bandanas would have no effect whatsoever. Is this just something you thought of CrimsonKnight or did you read some news article on this? I'd be curious to know just which it is, speculation or a real action that is being considered. I would be surprised if it really was being considered though, that kind of thing never works.

Oh and I agree, it's yet another plot of Gavin's to eventually take over. =P[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I would be surprised if it really was being considered though, that kind of thing never works.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Never stopped 'em from setting an age limit to buy spray paint. How am I supposed to create stylish airbrush designs to advertise businesses for people now?

Then again, you can sniff spray paint. But you can strangle people with bandannas, too. I guess that's a moot point.[/FONT]

[QUOTE][FONT=Arial]Wouldn't that be "Interesting. Most interesting."...?

[I]I[/I] think it's a better line.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Well that explains a lot. o_O[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I'd say he was doing an amazing job of playing a spineless social sad boy with delusions of grandeur and ridiculous amounts of luck with snaring an intarweb wife.

Which would make me the wife of the CEO of Wal-Mart...

[size=1]It all makes sense now.[/size][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]It's almost scary just how much sense that makes. Though I see you saying that last line there in a creepy whisper. =P

Oh and I'll agree with the sentiment that dragging Naruto into it... is [I]tasteless[/I].

[B]I've removed the last five posts people. Having a little fun is one thing, but lets keep the total off topic spamming to a minimum please. Thanks.[/B]

All right, I've warned both of you many times that OB is NOT a chat service. This thread has outlived it's purpose and if this continues, both of you will earn getting banned from the site.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I just want to add that this thread has been fine with me, in the sense that it was kind of silly to begin with... so I haven't minded what's happened here.

But even if it's a silly discussion, at least try to keep to the point - having private chats between two members is pretty much a pain in the butt for everyone else.

As long as you remember that, threads like this won't bother us at all.[/font]

I'll re-open this for now, but I do expect people to remember what AIM and PM's are for. Like James said, it's a pain in the butt when people flood it with messages that have no place in the thread.

By all means some silliness is okay, but otherwise, it's just annoying. So... lets try to not derail it again. Thanks.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm sure Gavin will find some other way of encouraging gang activity. Ahem.

Anyway, to me it seems obvious that no amount of intervention by Wal-Mart in terms of products is going to make one atom of difference.

Kids and gangs often go together, like movies and popcorn.

If kids want to create idiotic gangs, they will do so regardless of bandanas. Even if Wal-Mart stops selling them, they will easily be able to buy them elsewhere (does mom know what little Jimmy's pocket money is going towards? Ouch!)

And kids will use other means to identify which gangs they belong to if banadas are no longer available. It could be anything - you might have one gang that only wears Pokemon t-shirts and another that only wears Disney t-shirts. Pokemon versus Disney, a crime epidemic.

Kids are smart and stupid at the same time. That is to say, they will always come up with smarter ways to do dumber things.[/font]

[quote]Will reducing the amounts of butter sold in stores cut down on the number of fat people too?[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Brilliant, just brilliant.[/font]

[quote name='CrimsonKnight][COLOR="DarkOrange"']to be serious, though. i honestly think reducing the seling of red or blue bandanas would reduce the gang activity.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Please explain what makes you think so.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Ahem. Please rest assured fellow members that I am indeed not the CEO of Wal-Mart Corporation, secretly conducting market research here for the last seven years to better develop our various mind-control devices in order to further my intentions of world domination, which by Alien's Resurrection have been realised on an intergalactic scale.

Please also rest assured that I am not promoting gang activity in the United States through the use of certain coloured bandanas, as to be honest I find gangs by their nature to be quite juvenile. I prefer to support various military and political insurrections, as well as certain wars as the aftermath of these conflicts allows me to enter the newly established civilian markets and make a killing (pardon the pun)...I mean...Oh damn it...Members, please kindly wait inside your homes for my various goons to arrive and make you disappear for knowing too much...[/SIZE]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I seriously thought this topic was going to be about gangs that have claimed their territory [B]in[/B] Wal-Mart. I was going to say ... I don't think I've ever heard nor seen that before, that would have been news to me.

I really don't think not seeling red or blue bandannas at Wal-Mart will curb gang violence or membership in any way, shape, or form. Gangs could easily go from wearing bandannas to wearing different colored bracelets or shoes or etc., the lsit goes on. It would not be constitutionally acceptable to stop selling certain colors of a product because some drugged up foo's decided to adopt them into their violent culture. Bah.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Gavin;816012][SIZE="1"]Please also rest assured that I am not promoting gang activity in the United States through the use of certain coloured bandanas, as to be honest I find gangs by their nature to be quite juvenile. I prefer to support various military and political insurrections, as well as certain wars as the aftermath of these conflicts allows me to enter the newly established civilian markets and make a killing (pardon the pun)...I mean...Oh damn it...Members, please kindly wait inside your homes for my various goons to arrive and make you disappear for knowing too much...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]And we have confirmation that Gavin is indeed the mastermind behind the whole silly thing, the gangs are merely a front to hide his true activities. =P [quote name='Neptune;816028][COLOR="Navy"]I seriously thought this topic was going to be about gangs that have claimed their territory [B]in[/B] Wal-Mart. I was going to say ... I don't think I've ever heard nor seen that before, that would have been news to me.[/COLOR][/QUOTE] I changed your font and size for my quote, that choice of yours is a royal pain in the butt to read. >_> Anyway, that was my first thought when I saw the thread and it had me going... what? But it turned out to be something else which as I said before isn't something that would make a difference as far as gang activity goes.[QUOTE=CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="DarkOrange"']to be serious, though. i honestly think reducing the seling of red or blue bandanas would reduce the gang activity.[/COLOR][/quote]As Allamorph said, why? What reasoning or thought process brings you to this conclusion? Why do you think it would actually make a difference?

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I changed your font and size for my quote, that choice of yours is a royal pain in the butt to read. >_> Anyway, that was my first thought when I saw the thread and it had me going... what? But it turned out to be something else which as I said before isn't something that would make a difference as far as gang activity goes.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Navy"]Is it really all that hard to read ...? It looks perfectly legible on my computer, I guess I'll have to change it in the future.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']And we have confirmation that Gavin is indeed the mastermind behind the whole silly thing, the gangs are merely a front to hide his true activities. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]But remember, behind every criminal mastermind genius is his wife, rolling her eyes.

Because we all know that while he sees his minio- I mean you people on occasion. He has to come home every night to me. [b]ME.[/b][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Because we all know that while he sees his minio- I mean you people on occasion. He has to come home every night to me. [b]ME.[/b][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]And that is the greatest joy of all. I'm so glad my fictional counterpart is single.

So anyway, what else can we pile onto this conspiracy theory? Is he constructing a spaceport shaped like a smiley face in the loading bay? Is Harrison Ford going o work at Wal-Mart when he retires and become a figurehead for the abused employee alliance? Does an aged Kermit the Frog live in the Gardening department, teaching people how to use mythological forces of nature? Will there be 2 lackluster prequels and one really awesome one?[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]You'd think by now that people would know that it's [I]always[/I] Gavin's fault. That and it's just fun to poke him for the hell of it. :D

Now as for removing bandanas helping reduce gang crime... lolwut?!? If only life were that simple, banning something to get rid of an undesirable element of society. It doesn't work, at least not for something like a clothing item.

Remove butter to get rid of obesity! Remove this to get rid of that! >_> Uh... no. Doesn't replace parenting and teaching kids to be smart enough to NOT join a gang or to be sensible with their diets to avoid obesity.

People need to understand why something is bad instead of removing stuff and hoping they'll somehow smarten up and quit joining gangs in the first place. We need to educate kids instead of using ignorant attempts to remove the visual signs of one being a gang. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][QUOTE=Raiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]But remember, behind every criminal mastermind genius is his wife, rolling her eyes.

Because we all know that while he sees his minio- I mean you people on occasion. He has to come home every night to me. [b]ME.[/b][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]And we all know that when it comes down to it... it's the woman who's in charge. :D

I'd say you're just out of luck Gavin! >_> Unless Raiha has plans to take over the world via Wal-Mart, in which case I think we just might have a problem. o_O[quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]People need to understand why something is bad instead of removing stuff and hoping they'll somehow smarten up and quit joining gangs in the first place. We need to educate kids instead of using ignorant attempts to remove the visual signs of one being a gang. [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]So true. The bandanas aren't the real problem at all. [/FONT]