OtakuBoards

Guess what is coming to the DS

PWNED

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Is Chrono Trigger good or something?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Heh.

Heheh.

Lissen ta dis guy.

[size=1]No, I'm kidding. Don't mean to sound condescending or anything. But yes, CT is basically regarded as one of the best old-school RPGs out there. I've only played a bit, but I love what I've played.[/size][/FONT]

[Font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'm kinda leery about this to be honest because I've played other ports of SNES rpgs to portables and most of them were better in their original form and console. The most recent port of a good RPG that I played was Valkeryie Profile and I found it a tad underwhelming on the PSP....I loved it when it was on the PSX though.

I'm gonna hope that this game pans out though, because the original version of Crono Trigger was fantastic. I liked the port of it that was with Final Fantasy Chronicles as well. Let's hope that the developers don't try to do anything fancy with the controls, like use the touch screen for anything besides menu navigation.[/Font]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Ah, Chrono Trigger. I can't say that I'm thrilled about it simply because I just beat that recently this year on the PS2. (PSX..blah.) Also, I'm not really sold on portable gaming... (big screen type person lol)

In any case, I've read at IGN, I believe, that this was one of Square's hits that is getting remade for portable gaming. [spoiler]Xenogears[/spoiler] was noted, but I don't want to take the thread off course.[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]All three of Square Enix's Final Fantasy SNES-to-GBA ports were better than their SNES originals (FFIV is debatable but only against the Japanese hard-type version), and FFIII on the DS is one of the best examples of improving a game in pretty much every way while still keeping the core gameplay intact, so I'm not worried about CT. Though I've played the game twice on the SNES so I'm not sure if I'll buy it on the DS. I guess it depends on how much extra content they add.[/color]

[SIZE="1"]I'm pretty excited about having the chance to finally play this game, as I missed doing so on both the SNES and the PS1. That and being a huge DBZ geek even now, it's cool to get to see more of Toriyama's character designs, even if doubtlessly with this rerelease, Rach will continue to associate me with Magus, heh. :animeswea[/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"]Da[/SIZE] Da [SIZE="3"]Da[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]DUUUUM![/SIZE]

You got the Press Release! Scroll down to read it. when you use this item, it will probably make you very happy.

[quote]CHRONO TRIGGER Returns! The Timeless Classic Teleports to Nintendo DS This Holiday Season

LOS ANGELES, CA USA
Journey Through Time with the RPG Masterpiece that Started It All

LOS ANGELES, July 2 /PRNewswire/ ? Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix(TM) interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it will release CHRONO TRIGGER(R) in North America this Holiday season. Remastered exclusively for Nintendo DS(TM), this marks the first time that the groundbreaking RPG will be available on a handheld console.

Originally released in 1995 on Super NES(R) and shipping more than 2.5 million copies worldwide, CHRONO TRIGGER has been hailed as one of the greatest games of all time by critics and fans alike. With a unique and multifaceted storyline, the game revolutionized the world of RPGs with never-before-seen features, including an unprecedented soundtrack and multiple endings determined by side quests and the player's actions.

With artwork by famed manga artist Akira Toriyama and an unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda, CHRONO TRIGGER represents the best-in-class of the video game world. This newly revamped edition maintains all of the game's original elements and spirit while introducing the portability, dual-screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality of Nintendo DS. Players will soon be able to rediscover the exhilarating RPG experience, breathtaking storyline and innovative gameplay in the palm of their hands.

STORY

When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono's race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.

FEATURES

? A masterpiece with an engaging and unparalleled storyline, leading to the discovery of multiple epic conclusions to a journey that transcends time

? An unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda

? Intriguing battle system made possible by the unique combination of the Active Time Battle system and Tech skills

? Famed character designer Akira Toriyama lends his signature art style to create the vibrant world that has captivated gamers around the world

? Taking advantage of the Nintendo DS hardware, CHRONO TRIGGER makes its way onto the portable platform with all-new dual screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality

? A brand new dungeon and a Wireless Play mode adds exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic

CHRONO TRIGGER has not yet been rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at [url]http://www.esrb.org[/url] for more information about ratings. The official website can be found at
[url]http://na.square-enix.com/ctds[/url].[/quote][/FONT]

[quote name='"Press Release"'] ? A brand new dungeon and a Wireless Play mode adds exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic. [/quote]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I wonder what exactly this WiFi play entails. It'd be interesting to go dungeon diving with friends in CT. Although, I get the feeling that I would treat my WiFi excursions the same way I took my excursions the same way I did in Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures. Kill you and take your loot[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]So it's actually official. Sweet. ^_^ I never did finish the ps1 version. Mainly because I got busy with other stuff, not because the game wasn't fun. So I guess I have no excuse now. I should get around to finishing it so I'll be ready for the DS release. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Wow, so it's finally not a rumor anymore. I mean I've only been hearing rumors about this game being ported like this for a long time. o_O I love the game so it will be fun to play it on the DS, I certainly hope they get rid of that terrible lag time for battles that the ps1 suffered from. I still played it but sometimes that just drove me up the wall.

I'm really curious to see what the Wireless Play will offer. Though it sounds like Korey is someone you don't want to come along... he'd stab you in the back! =P [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]When this game comes out, I'll be making my Friend code [B][I]very[/I][/B] public. Get some RPing in with everybody. Rest assured, if I kill you and take your loot...it's not because I hate you, but that you have something that I don't and I decided your life is acceptable payment for me obtaining this item. [/FONT]

[size=1]I smell that it's finally time to buy a Nintendo DS.

... After checking the Square site and finding out about Tactics A2 right after Chrono Trigger... I... I think I need to go to the bathroom.[/size]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Rest assured, if I kill you and take your loot...it's not because I hate you, but that you have something that I don't and I decided your life is acceptable payment for me obtaining this item. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]God knows how far we'll actually get in the dungeon with people killing each other constantly. On a side note, in openly admitting you're willing to kill people for their loot Korey, I think you just ensured you're the first one to be killed when the paranoia over loot-related killing starts.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]That is why I love how you can't suddenly turn hostile on someone in Diablo II... You have to do that in town. =P Makes it easier when you don't have to worry about someone stabbing you in the back. Besides... whatever happened to you know... politely asking for the item? I mean all I have to do in Diablo II is drop the item on the ground and the other person can pick it up.

Unless you're saying other games don't give you that option, to trade and share your loot and all that. If that's the case, I say we all take out Korey first! Ha![/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]God knows how far we'll actually get in the dungeon with people killing each other constantly. On a side note, in openly admitting you're willing to kill people for their loot Korey, I think you just ensured you're the first one to be killed when the paranoia over loot-related killing starts.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Yeah and my evil plan comes into fruition when my "teammates" lose their focus on the dungeon and instead focus on trying to kill me in order to make sure I don't do the same....mwahahahaha.

I only sabotaged my teammates in Four Swords Adventures, because my friends would get so mad at me and almost wanted to physically fight me over that. I was the saboteur of the team and I was always the one that won in the overall Rupee count.

In all seriousness though, I'd be the nice guy on the team. I play healer class characters in most RPG's and I would gladly take up that role for the WiFi play, if it meant that I get some good fun with my buddies on the OB! [/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]In all seriousness though, I'd be the nice guy on the team. I play healer class characters in most RPG's and I would gladly take up that role for the WiFi play, if it meant that I get some good fun with my buddies on the OB! [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh sure, we give you the role of ensuring we're all fit enough to fight, and then when we're at our weakest you strike. Feh, such an obvious tactical ploy Korey, you'll have to do better than that. ^_~[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"] That and being a huge DBZ geek even now, it's cool to get to see more of Toriyama's character designs, even if doubtlessly with this rerelease, Rach will continue to associate me with Magus, heh. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]Well it was that obsession with DBZ you have that made me think of you. Besides, Magus is a cool character so it's not that bad to be associated with him. lol

Anyway, if they keep releasing more games like this, I'll end up having to break down and actually get a DS. So I guess I should start saving for one so I'll have enough when it comes time for them to release it.

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Oh sure, we give you the role of ensuring we're all fit enough to fight, and then when we're at our weakest you strike. Feh, such an obvious tactical ploy Korey, you'll have to do better than that. ^_~[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.themegabusters.com/Website%20Buttons/objection.jpg[/IMG]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Why Gavin, what ever do you mean? I would never employ such a cowardly (yet effective) strategy on my dear comrades. I can't cast revive [strike]and steal your loot[/strike] if I'm dead...so you [B][I]need[/I][/B] me.[/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][IMG]http://www.themegabusters.com/Website%20Buttons/objection.jpg[/IMG]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Why Gavin, what ever do you mean? I would never employ such a cowardly (yet effective) strategy on my dear comrades. I can't cast revive [strike]and steal your loot[/strike] if I'm dead...so you [B][I]need[/I][/B] me.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Not exactly. We can always depend on healing items, so you're not needed :devil:[/COLOR]