OtakuBoards

The Almagest Expedition: Family Portraits

Shy

[center][img]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4499/aelogofinalph0.jpg[/img][/center][right][b][font=Garamond][size=5]Prologue[/size][/font][/b][/right][size=1][indent]Leonhart Almagest was greeted by a lone figure on the night he visited the Villette Mines. The Moon was full, casting a brilliant light over the enormous complex. Gargantuan cranes and mechanical drills could be seen for as far as the horizon line. As the old man walked across the grounds, he passed a small army of clockwork men, still as statues after being shut down for a night?s ?rest.? Brigit Town was a city with rolling hills and vast resources; his grandfather had mined there for gems, and it was likely that his grandchildren would one day to the same.

But no longer were the Almagests drilling in Brigit Town; that responsibility had been passed on to the infamous Cole Dreadnaught, Leonhart?s host for the evening.

?[b]Thank you for seeing me so late in the evening, Lord Almagest.[/b]? Cole said with a firm handshake.

?[b]But of course,[/b]? Leonhart replied, ?[b]It is good to see you again, old friend,[/b]?

Although the two men were born only thirteen years apart, their physical appearances could not be any more different. Leonhart was once larger-than-life figure, the most powerful businessman of the modern age, but it was clear from his gaunt appearance that his health was declining. The trials of the Czenovian Revolution three years ago had transformed him into a weak, frail man who never fully recovered.

Cole, on the other hand, was full of life. Muscles bulged beneath his casual attire, and were it not for the gray streaks in his hair he could pass for a man half his age. Years of travel and adventure had been kind to him; by leaving his homeland of Anova at an early age he had learned to make the most of his life, and profit from it.

They entered a small elevator towards the entrance to one of the mines, and were soon descending several stories below.

?[b]I would not have called for you if it weren?t urgent,[/b]? Cole said apologetically, ?[b]But we?ve made a truly remarkable discovery.[/b]?

Leonhart nodded, ?[b]I believe it. Only something remarkable could have pulled you away from the festivities. I only hope Beatriste Elyse isn?t too upset that you went back to work the night before you are to be married.[/b]?

?[b]As much as it bothered her, she wasn?t able to hold a grudge once she learned that I meeting with her father.[/b]?

The elevator stopped, revealing a narrow tunnel, dimly lit by lanterns along the wall. Leonhart paused for a moment before exiting. Cole turned to the man.

?[b]Is everything alright?[/b]?

?[b]I just?[/b]? Leonhart stopped himself for a moment, ?[b]I just realized that I hadn?t been in one of these tunnels since I had been held prisoner during the Revolution.[/b]?

?[b]Damn! I?m sorry Lord Almagest. It hadn?t even occurred to me how foolish of me ?[/b]?

Leonhart shook his head, ?[b]I?ll be fine, Cole. Now, please, what is it you are meaning to show me?[/b]?

?[b]Yes. We had just begun mining on this level, and it is custom to send a group of archeologists before any real excavation work is done. Generally what they find is old bones, but every so often we stumble across something?[/b]?

They reached an end in the tunnel, blocked by a thick stone wall. Dozens of strange symbols were neatly carved into its? surface.

?[b]This is it. My team stumbled across it this morning.[/b]?

?[b]My word?[/b]? Leonhart said as he moved in closely to inspect it, ?[b]I recognize some of these symbols?[/b]?

?[b]They?re from the language of the ancient Xear culture. All day my team has been trying to decipher it; not only is it written in a dead language but it was coded as well...[/b]?

"[b]What we could learn from Xear technology would change the face of the Globe forever. Do you have any translations yet?[/b]?

?[b]In parts, yes.[/b]" Cole said with a nod, "[b]The inscriptions make up a detailed map of the Globe.[/b]"

"[b]A map?[/b]"

"[b]...A treasure map, to be specific. We believe they will lead us to the famed Lost Cities of the Xear. Imagine what fortunes we might unearth.[/b]?

Leonhart shook his head, "[b]It's not the treasure that concerns me, Cole, but what secrets might be buried along with it.[/b]"[/size][/indent]

[center][size=7][font=garamond][b]The Almagest Expedition[/b][/font][/size][/center]
[size=1][indent]Welcome to the auditions of The Almagest Expedition, the next chapter in the ongoing Almagest saga originally created by Sandy and Shy.

This is a story of two aristocratic families from two very different worlds: the [b]Almagests[/b] of [b]Czenovia[/b], and the [b]Achards[/b] of [b]Anova[/b].

Czenovia is a kingdom of steampower and science. Following a bloody revolution, the nation has worked tirelessly to unify its? divided people, including the establishment of a new constitutional monarchy.

Anova is a nation of culture and rich tradition. With a long-held emphasis on education and the arts, Anova has long been a pacifist democracy. However, the firepower displayed during the [b]Czenovian Revolution[/b] has alerted all nations that a new age of weaponry is fast approaching. Although they work in secrecy, the Anovan people seek to maintain independence in the wake of an international arms race.

An important discovery has been made in [b]Brigit Town[/b], the Czenovian mining village which borders both nations. What has been found there will not only rekindle a longstanding rivalry between Czenovia and Anova, but launch a dangerous search for treasure that will draw the attention of pirates, world governments, and fortune hunters the world over.[/indent][/size]

[right][b][font=Garamond][size=5]Sign-Ups[/size][/font][/b][/right][size=1]

[i]Players who were involved in the original RPG[/i] : If wish to continue writing as their character, please fill out a sign-up for them as well. This will help get new players up-to-speed. Also players who were involved in the first RPG are welcome to take on writing as a second, new character as well if they would like.[/size]

[font=garamond][size=3][b]Your name:[/b][/size][/font][indent][size=1]It is likely that you will be either an Almagest or an Achard, so your last name should fit in with that. However, if you married into either family it is possible that you chose to keep your original last name.[/size][/indent]

[font=garamond][size=3][b]Your age:[/b][/size][/font][indent][size=1]There are no real limitations to your character?s age. Given that this will be primarily an adventure story, I wouldn?t try to create anyone older than 70 or younger than 10.[/size][/indent]

[font=garamond][size=3][b]Your connection to the Almagest OR Achard family:[/b][/size][/font][size=1][indent]The two most prominent families within the story are the Almagests of Czenovia, and the Achards of Anova. The easiest way for you to establish your place in the story is by defining your relationship to either, or both families. Your character can be a distant relative, a spouse or a fiancé of someone in the family, a close family friend, or a business associate/rival.

[/size][list][*][b]Leonhart Almagest[/b] is the patriarch of the Almagest clan. He is the current president of Magitech Industries, the largest and most powerful business in Czenovia. A veteran of the Mine War with Anova several decades ago, Leonhart?s family was terrorized in the events leading up to and following Czenovian Revolution. A complete family tree of the Almagests can be viewed [url=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/almagest-familytree.png]here[/url].

The Almagest family estate, Rosengard, is located on the outskirts of High Czenoble, and has recently played home to the poorest refugees affected by the Czenovian Revolution. As a result, the already large Almagest family has added several new faces. Although they may not be related by blood, these familial bonds run deep.

[*][b]Olivier Achard[/b] is the patriarch of Anova?s infamous Achards. The Achards? wealth is the result of several decades of ownership in Brigit Town?s mines, which were ultimately lost to Czenovia in the Mine War. In recent years the Achards have invested much of their fortune back into Anovan society as philanthropists. Olivier is also Chairman of Cobalt Silverworks, which continues to grow the Achard fortune. The family homestead is a spacious mansion, Achard Hall, which rests in Le Monde's Bourgade district.

Olivier is recently widowed to his first wife, Evangeline Achard. He has a number of children, nieces and nephews, including his eldest son Vincent, who was killed during the Czenovian revolution. The Achard family tree has yet to be defined within the story, so there is plenty of room for new characters here.[/list][/indent]

[font=garamond][size=3][b]Your portrait:[/b][/font][/size][indent][size=1]The picture of your character should be a realistic drawing or painting of a human, nothing too photorealistic or cartoony. Anime or manga characters are fine just as long they don?t have super deformed features. This image will be used to create a posting avatar for your character.[/indent][/size]
[font=garamond][size=3][b]Your occupation/location:[/b][/size][/font][indent][size=1]Besides the two families, your character should also be tied to the world of the game. Here is a list of potential places where your character can work and live at. If your character works with alchemy, please specify his or her specialty, as well.

Czenovia and Anova rest on the [b]Northern Continent[/b], commonly referred to as the [b]New Globe.[/b] Across the [b]Sea of Sorrows[/b] rests the [b]Western Continent[/b] (The ?[b]Old Globe[/b]?) which is home to several smaller, distinct nations.

[b]Czenovia[/b] is a mountainous, industrial nation with countless small villages scattered throughout. There are three major cities: [b]High Czenoble[/b], the capital, which rests on the top of Mount Grail, the factory town [b]New Czenoble[/b], which sits at the base of the mountain, and [b]Brigit Town[/b], the mining town which sits on the edge Czenovia?s border with Anova.

[/size][list][*]Magitech Corporation: a company founded by the House of Almagest. It owns several massive factories in the Czenovian industrial town of New Czenoble, which were once used to produce weaponry. Magitech has recently stopped producing weaponry, and refocused their business towards the reconstruction of Czenovia following the devastating revolution. The President of the company is Leonhart Almagest, although in recent years he has passed on some responsibilities to his eldest son, Fauntleroy Almagest.

[*]Artemis Air Transports: Although branches are scattered throughout the world, Artemis Air Transports are headquartered in New Czenoble. This company is responsible for manufacturing and running airships powered by alchemical science. They are also in charge of the Old Globe?s Aerodromes (airship stations,) and have many secret expansion projects in development. Lady Morphia Markham is president of the company, having inherited it from the late Meredyne Artemis following the Battle of High Czenoble.

[*]Czenoble High Academy of Sciences (CHAOS): Located in High Czenoble, CHAOS is the most prestigious school in all Czenovia. The headmaster is [i]noted historian[/i], Lector Moebius. Students of CHAOS are known to take many exciting field trips throughout their education, visiting locations such as Brigit Town and portions of the Old Globe.

[*]Mirror Palace: Located in High Czenoble and home to Dynast King Primas Generous, the Mirror Palace is now the official meeting place for Czenovia?s newly formed parliament. In addition, the Dynast King has expanded his nation?s diplomacy in recent years by appointing new ambassadors to Al-Ahmar, Anova, Moresang, and other neighboring countries.

[*]Eshe Rehema: The most modern medical center in the New Globe, Eshe Rehema is a teaching hospital which experiments in the medical applications of magitechnology. It is located in New Czenoble.

[*]Czenovian Police: Formerly the Royal Police Guard, the Czenovian Police are the militia responsible for keeping the law and order throughout Czenovia. They guard the gates and factories and aerodromes, patrol the streets and maintain the prisons. Alexander Edward Almagest is current head of the police force, and works to ensure that all citizens of Czenovia receive equal protection under the law.

[*]High Czenoble Downs: A racing track in High Czenoble, where monstrous creatures are constructed from different animal species using alchemy, and fiercely compete against each other to amuse the madded. It?s also a popular hobby of reckless young aristocrats to become Chimaera Jockeys. The latest fashion is to combine machines to the beasts with the aid of Magitechnology. The Chimaera Circuit is kept up by the cunning Thames Dreadnaught. In recent years Dreadnaught has struggled to maintain the reputation of his track after many of his jockeys staged an attack against the Royal Police Guard during the Czenovian Revolution.

[*]Villette Mines: Located in Brigit Town, the Villette Mines were once subsidiary of Magitech Industries. Following the Czenovian Revolution Leonhart Almagest was forced to sell them off in order to help fund the extensive reconstruction projects of both High Czenoble and New Czenoble. Cole Dreadnaught, Anova's famed explorer and aristocrat, now maintains ownership and oversees daily operations. [/list][size=1][b]Anova[/b] is a nation covered in grassy plains and dense forests, save for a desert on its eastern border with Czenovia. Its economy is deeply rooted in agriculture and trade with other countries. Unlike its neighbor, Anova does not have serious class distinctions, and its population has a far better living standard per capita. Anova has two major cities: the capital [b]Le Monde[/b] in the central plains, and the port town of [b]Cobalt Bay[/b] to the north west.

[/size][list][*]Icarus: Founded by Dawlish Almagest, estranged nephew to Leonhart Almagest, Icarus produces advanced weaponry and other alchemy-based technology for whoever is willing to pay for it. In order to maintain secrecy Icarus is based in a remote complex, located on the desert which partially borders Anova and Czenovia. Although Icarus is not directly affiliated with any government, Dawlish is well-connected to the Anovan government and maintains an office in Le Monde.

[*]House of Grimoire: Located in the art district of Le Monde, the House of Grimoire has defined fashion in the New Globe for decades. Founded by the reclusive Edith Grimoire, the talented designer has passed on most responsibilities of running her successful business to others. Boutiques and department stores sell House of Grimoire clothing throughout the world, although only the elite can maintain that they own an 'Edith Grimoire Original."

[*]The Island Citadel: Off the coast of Cobalt Bay rests an enormous fortress constructed by the Church of the Phoenix. The Citadel serves as headquarters for the large organization, as well as playing home to the leader of the church, Sief Davos Frost, and her personal army, the Citadel Guards. Although Anova and Czenovia are largely atheist, the church still wields enormous influence over its? followers throughout the world. Given the political power of the church, the small island is considered an independent nation, and does not answer to the sovereignty of Anova.

[*]The Citadel Guard: Throughout Anova and Czenovia the Citadel Guard is recognized as the legion of the Church of the Phoenix. They are hand picked by the church?s Cardinals throughout the world for their dedication to their faith, and skill in battle. The Guard is useful in many other fields, including rescue and recovery, and the personal protection of High Priests and the Sief. Service in the Citadel Guard is always until old age, death, or sickness prevents otherwise, the honor of service is too great to expect any less.

[*]The Nord Centre: The Nord Centre is an enormous outdoor amphitheater which sits along the shoreline of Cobalt Bay overlooking the Sea of Sorrows. During the summer months it is home to concerts, sporting events, plays, and public speaking engagements. Outside of the amphitheater is an expansive outdoor mall, which is used year round by sailor merchants offering all types of goods and services.

[*]Fort Blanc: Fort Blanc is the home of the Special Security Force (SSF), Anova's national military and policing organization. Since the Czenovian Revolution, Fort Blanc has modernized greatly, due to its purchases from Icarus. The Fort's principle responsibility today is to monitor potential overseas threats and to police the streets of Anova.

[*]Cobalt Silverworks: After the Czenovian Revolution, the East-West Airship Corridor was closed and Anova regained full control of its silver deposits from foreign business interests. These mines were amalgamated into a new corporation called Cobalt Silverworks (a merger between Achard & Co., and the Anovan Silver Mining Company.) The silverworks now mines and processes silver within Anova, with much of it being sent back to Le Monde to be turned into a variety of products (mostly jewellery, machine parts and so on). These silver-based products are now exported worldwide. Some types of Anovan silver are said to contain magical properties.

[*]Chimaera Junction: Czenovian Chimaera trainer Berthold Black traveled the New Globe looking for a place to establish a new Chimaera racing and training school. He created the Chimaera Junction in the south-west region of Anova. The Junction (as it's known locally) which sits among miles of rolling green hills. It has become an elite training school for Chimaera and it also runs successful Chimaera breeding and rider training programs..

[*]Lumière Academy: Located in the southwestern district of Le Monde, Lumière Academy (LA) is one of the oldest schools in the New Globe. LA was established initially as a foster home for orphans of the The Purge of 220 by Madame Angelique Laroche. However, throughout the years as she began teaching the children art and history, it slowly transformed into a prestigious academy. Because of its old roots, LA's curriculum is centralized around the arts and is often credited as "The Light of Anova," as it ushered in the massive art movement of Anova.

[*]If there isn?t a type of business listed that you think should be, make one![/list][/indent]
[font=garamond][size=3][b]Your story:[/b][/size][/font][indent][size=1]
Please write a short history and description of your character. The story should reflect your character?s personality, position in the family and in the case of characters outside the bloodline(s), his or her background.[/indent]

Questions about the RPG can be asked here, over PM, or in the [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59940]Almagest Expedition Backstage[/url] thread. Sign-ups will remain open over the course of the RPG, however I be launching the RPG on [i]January 29th.[/i]

- Shy[/size]

[center][FONT=Palatino Linotype][B]Your name:[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype] Quintus Denarius Achard (formerly Remy Achard)[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype] [B]Your age:[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype] 38[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype] [B]Your connection to the Achard family:[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype] Cousin of Vincent Achard, nephew of Olivier Achard. His father, Benoit Achard, is Olivier's younger brother, who is married to Elise Achard-Chevalier. He has a number of siblings, including his younger brother Christophe.[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype] [B]Your portrait:[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype] [U][URL="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/Blayze54/QuintusAchard.jpg"]Here[/URL][/U][/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype] [B]Your occupation/location:[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype] When he was younger, Remy was a member of the Board of Executives for Achard & Co., but this was more of a way of building up his trust fund than anything else. Once he turned 30, he turned in his notice, and left Anova for pastures new. He travelled the Old Globe for many years, and now he is back in Anova, looking for new employment.[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype] [B]Your story:[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype] Remy was always an incredibly intelligent young boy, far surpassing his classmates in terms of both intellect and imagination. However, this superiority did not, as it so often does, breed arrogance in the boy - his friendly, easy-going manner meant he was well-liked by his classmates and well-respected by his superiors. His charm and wit were apparent from an early age, and he grew into a charismatic young gentleman.[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]He got on well with all his siblings, particularly his younger brother Christophe. Out of his family, Christophe was the only one who seemed to equal his intellect, and he even grew to surpass it as he got older. They used to share theories about ancient civilisations and cultures, often staying up into the small hours of the morning. However, Quintus was always more sociable than Christophe, and as such was a lot more popular than his brother.[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype] He finished school with great merit at the age of 18, and was imediately placed into a high-ranking position at what was then Achard & Co., now Cobalt Silverworks. He excelled in his new career, and by age 22, he was snapped up by the Board of Executives, the youngest person ever to do so.[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype] However, his imagination soon made him grow restless in this career, and by the time he turned 30 he had left his job and dipped into his impressive trust fund in order to travel to the Old Globe, having become fascinated by the works of Cole Dreadnaught. He wished to see the small, independent nations for himself, and became a traveller, using his own money only for the travel from Anova to the Old Globe - once he was there, he worked his way around the country, earning just enough money in each place to move on to the next. He gained many new friends, and some valuable business contacts, including his hero, Cole Dreadnaught himself, who took Remy under his wing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype] The two travelled together, and became incredibly close, with Dreadnaught even encouraging Remy to take a new name, shedding his old aristocratic background in order to truly become a new man. Remy took the name "Quintus" from the name of a long-dead Ahmari king, and the surname "Denarius" from a popular folk legend told in Moresang. After a few years of travelling together, Quintus and his mentor and friend had to part ways - Dreadnaught's aristocratic duties called him back to Anova, but Quintus promised his friend that he would pay a visit as soon as he returned to the New Globe.[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype] By the time Quintus turned 36, he heard news of the Czenovian Revolution (a year after it happened - New Globe news doesn't travel so quickly across the Old Globe), and he began making arrangements for his journey home. He spent six months gathering funds and supplies, and began making his way back across the vast expanses of the Old Globe he had covered, back to Anova.[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype] Eighteen months later, and he is arriving back in the city of his birth very much a changed man. He has, however, reclaimed his family name, more to escape the wrath of his parents than anything.[/FONT][/center]

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="White"][FONT="Nyala"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Old English Text MT"][B]Your Name:[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
Christophe Alexandre Achard

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Old English Text MT"][B]Your Age:[/B][/FONT] [/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Old English Text MT"][B]Your Connection to the Achard Family:[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
Nephew of Olivier Achard. Christophe is son to Benoit Achard and Elise Achard-Chevalier. He is also the younger brother of Quintus Denarius Achard; despite his brother having re-assumed the name Remy to appease their parents, Christophe continues to call him Quintus to respect the changes and maturation in character that his brother has made over the years.

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Old English Text MT"][B]Your Portrait:[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/PrimaryAnovanCandidate.jpg"][COLOR="White"]Mr. Achard[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Old English Text MT"][B]Your Occupation:[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
Having appreciated the experience and atmosphere of attending Lumière Academy, and harboring a deep passion for expanding and enlightening minds, Christophe decided to come full circle in his academic career-- he’s returned to Lumière Academy as an eccentric, high-spirited teacher.

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Old English Text MT"][B]Your Story:[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
As a boy, Christophe was always known for having his nose in a book-- the members of his household were quite accustomed to watching his messy head of hair pop out from a book occasionally, flash a toothy grin, and resume its studies. He was encouraged to read to his heart’s content, though many other families found it a somewhat negligible pastime; though intellect was revered among aristocratic families, sociability was held in a brighter, more favorable light. Often times Christophe was compared unfavorably to his older brother, Remy, as the latter clearly demonstrated many of the qualities that Christophe lacked.

This never created any form of antagonism or tension between the boys, however; Christophe looked up to his older brother as a role model, and Remy fiercely defended his brother against the various criticisms that came his way. They were the most alike in intellect, and the two spent a great time conversing over various topics, with history being the hot topic more often than not. It became clear from their conversations and interactions over the years that the boys excelled in different ways; whereas Christophe was unquestionably book smart, he was somewhat unlearned in the workings of society-- Remy had a much greater understanding of the world around them atop of his intellectual pursuits.

The only thing Christophe cherished more than time spent with Remy and his siblings was his time at the academy; Christophe cherished every moment there with an unparalleled passion. The teachers were very fond of him-- though noticeably less fond of him than his equally intelligent but social siblings. The students met his fervor for knowledge with brief animosity initially, but, unlike their gossiping mothers and fathers, whose disappointed reverence towards Christophe lasted well into adulthood, they eventually found Christophe to be quite pleasant, and great for reference and story-telling.

Christophe only pursued his studies more furtively as the years passed by, despite the frequent criticisms that followed him. Eventually, he earned a position as a teaching assistant in Lumière Academy, and at this time Christophe blossomed. In front of a classroom, able to share his thoughts on the world, on history, on art, he was perfectly at home, and his ardent lectures and teaching methods inspired not only his students but the other staff members. In no time at all he was approached with a position teaching full-time at the Academy, which he readily accepted. It was around this time that Remy left to travel the world; he missed his brother terribly after his departure, but he easily offset his sadness by imaging the adventures his brother would take part of.

Since then, having found his niche in society, Christophe has become much more social and outgoing, frequenting social gatherings and humoring the older folks who had finally accepted him into their notion of a proper aristocrat; wealthy, respected, and most importantly, lively. He is often hassled, however, for remaining a bachelor despite his age, as he spends a great portion of free time collecting books on the history of Anova and other nations instead of courting women. His knowledge of the ancient cultures is highly revered, and he is constantly attempting to get involved with any and all archaeological digs that occur so that he can get a firsthand look at the remains of the civilizations he enjoys studying. This only slightly offsets the anger with which the old aristocratic women reprimand him for not finding a wife, or at least a girlfriend.

Whilst the Czenovian Revolution ensued, Christophe kept a personal journal on any bit of information he received about the war-- even rumors and myths that circulated, which he has logged in a separate notebook specifically devoted to the popular lore and fabrications of the people.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][b]Your name:[/b]
Macey Ellen Almagest

[b]Your age:[/b]

[b]Your connection to the Almagest family:[/b]
Second to last Daughter of Leonhart Almagest.

[b]Your connection to the Achard family:[/b]
Ex-wife of Vincent Achard.

[b]Your portrait:[/b] see below. Has finally abandoned her penchant for black dresses, and now favors warmer colors. Gold, almond, red, and sometimes purple.

[b]Your occupation/location:[/B]
Still living in the family manor at Rosengard, Macey Ellen has more or less transformed the room she once shared with her sister into an enormous quasai-private library and laboratory, given that her former lab was destroyed in an untoward happening during the past revolution. She currently does some contract work for Magitech as well as gives private lectures to certain students who can book some of her time. Her emphasis on alchemy and the hard sciences have earned her several awards, but being a typical Almagest, sees very little use for them.

[b]Your story:[/b] Once married to Vincent Archard, divorced, and then mourned after his death, Macey Ellen has a varied and colorful history. Her past involvement, some have speculated in a romantic manner, with Gustave, Vincent's gregarious and ingorrigible brother has kept the public entertained for years. Once a very private figure, Macey hasn't shirked from the limelight as she once did, and is now a rather open sort, capable of holding her own with press from any country and any corporation. With an opinion on everything, Macey doesn't pull any punches and expresses her mind, sometimes to the dismay of her siblings, sometimes to their great delight.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][B]Your name: [/B]

Nicodemus Lockharvest

[B]Your age: [/B]

By his physical appearance one would judge Lockharvest to be no older than 65, but he refuses to reveal his real age, seeing it as a sign of weakness.

[B]Your connection to the [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Almagest[/COLOR][/B] OR [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Achard[/B][/COLOR] family: [/B]

Nicodemus Lockharvest was an orphan from the moment he was born, but was adopted by Olivier [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Achard’s[/B][/COLOR] father (Laurent [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Achard[/COLOR][/B] Sr.) when he was in his early teens.

[B]Your portrait: [/B]
[U][URL=http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3230/1001ym1.jpg]Nicodemus Lockharvest[/URL][/U]
(Shy, if you would like more detail let me know and I'll add some. I just sketched this up and wanted to get my audition up here asap.)

[B]Your occupation/location:[/B]
Nicodemus Lockharvest is the High Priest of the Treasury at the Church of the Phoenix. He lives along with the other High Priests on the Island Citadel, off the coast of Cobalt Bay.

[B]Your story: [/B]

Nicodemus was found on the steps of the Writhlyn Orphanage, hours from birth, barely alive. He was taken in by the women of Writhlyn and raised within its walls. If Lumière Academy is the light of Anova, Writhlyn was surely the dark. It was a dreadful place, where unspeakable horrors were brought upon its children. The orphans were used as beggars, placed on street corners to plead for change, nothing but pawns for the Orphanage to turn a profit. Some of the children were even blinded, crippled, maimed; the lame orphans always made more money for Writhlyn.

Luckily for Nicodemus he was spotted by Laurent [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Achard [/B][/COLOR] while begging in Le Monde and taken in as an adopted son. This displeased most members of the [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Achard[/B][/COLOR] family for one reason or another. Despite his lack of acceptance by the other [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Achard[/B][/COLOR] siblings, and even Laurent's wife, Marianne-Odette, Nicodemus quickly found a kinship with Olivier and for years the boy was Nicodemus’ only friend. However his time at the orphanage hardened Nicodemus, and it is this deep seeded resent that will propel him through his life, guiding his actions along the way.

Though Nicodemus was always judged to be the brightest of his boys, Laurant always sensed something intensely troubling about the lad. He seemed to lack the slightest bit of human compassion, so the old man was bewildered when his early twenties Nicodemus decided to volunteer as a devotee in the Church of the Phoenix. His said his goodbye’s to everyone (though only Laurent and Olivier seemed to regret his departure) and left his home.

Nicodemis’ wits and high intelligence allowed him to excel in his studies within the Church. He was a faithful protégé under Priest Camous Pendragon, before the Priest’s suspicious death some years later. And though there were whispers of treachery Nicodemus was appointed as Pendragon’s successor, and given the surname of Lockharvest by the Church. Nicodemus had no patience for teaching and held no interest in apprenticing a devotee. It came as no surprise that when his region’s Cardinal was found murdered, Nicodemus quickly sought the position. Nicodemus’ impeccable record, along with the kind words and considerable donations of Laurent [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Achard[/B][/COLOR] guaranteed Nicodemus would receive what he desired.

In his late thirties Nicodemus Lockharvest became the youngest Cardinal ever appointed within the Church of the Phoenix. For nearly forty years Nicodemus reveled in his comfortable position of power, molding his region’s churches into his vision: money making machines. Cardinal Lockharvest’s ministries raised more funds for the Church than all other Cardinals combined. Two years ago he was handsomely rewarded and given the position of High Priest of the Treasury, completely overseeing the church’s finances.

During his years in the Church, Nicodemus has strayed away from his adopted family; this particularly affected his brother Olivier. After Laurent's death, Nicodemus never returned to his childhood home, and seldom agreed to meet with Olivier. Though many [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Achards [/B][/COLOR]question the decency of Nicodemus, Olivier has stood by him all these years. This fact had led Nicodemus to say, “My father, and brother Olivier are the only people I will ever love”.
[/FONT]

[B]Name:[/B] Jack Deacon
[B]Age: [/B]34

[B]Connection:[/B] Brother to Bavaria Algamest, second wife of Leonhart.

[B]Portrait:[/B]

[B]Occupation:[/B] Jack has commissioned his ship, the Stelmaria, to work with the Eastbay Company in exploration and general relic hunting. His usual crew of scalawags and scoundrels has been replaced with academics and archaeologists and he runs a surprisingly legitimate venture. Seeing as his family now owns Artemis Air Transports he also works as a senior advisor to his sister, Lady Morphia Markham. He also has direct access to MinkWorks (he holds the unofficial title of Chief Architect) and through the research arm he equips his ship with the latest technologies and systems.

[B]Story:[/B] From a young age two pillars have dominated Jack's life, his independence and love of flying. He's never been a fan of the aristocracy and is easily bored by the life of parties and high society politics that come along with it. Because of this, his closest friends are commoners, which his family shuns. He was raised for the most part by his sister Bavaria, who is the only member of the family that he considers a kindred spirit to him. Being able to blend in with the commoners as well as aristocrats, it is well known that he grew up with two accents.

He attempted to build his first small airship at the age of 13 with his friends from New Czenoble. However, on its inaugural flight, it crashed into one of the wings of his family's estate, causing them a small fortune in damages. His father attempted to have his friends arrested, but they ran away from New Czenoble, as did Jack, and went into hiding at one of the other cities. Jack was not seen again until he was 15, when he came back after running out of money and places to run to. By this time, the family had labeled him a black sheep and his relationships with all but his sister became strained.

After a stint at CHAOS marred by near expulsions yet stellar grades. Jack commissioned into the Royal Police Guard as an Airman but left citing disinterest. At this time he was in his early 20s and began work on the Airship Cygnus almost completely independent of Artemis Air Transports, using his savings and donations from investors. He began his company, the Deacon Group, and funded it by treasure hunting, exploring, and consulting. No one knows exactly when he got into black market dealing, but the family thinks he was just bored and looking for thrills. His father has repeatedly asked him to stop trading under his name, but Jack insists that he owns the name as much as his father and has the right to use it how he pleases.

After the Czenovian Revolution Jack disbanded the Deacon Group in order to help his sister manage Artemis Air Transports. Taking an advisory position he assisted Morphia in developing a long term roadmap for the company. Nowadays he spends his days traveling, mapping, and exploring, always sending his findings back to the company before continuing. Although he's a local hero in New Czenoble, among the aristocrats and officials he's still little more than a criminal. Sad to say he's not welcome in High Czenoble and thus his trips are usually limited to the airport and New Czenoble.

Finish later... school

[COLOR="Sienna"][FONT="Tahoma"][B]Your name:[/B] Victoria Ann Almagest

[B]Your age: [/B]14

[B]Your connection to the Almagest or Achard family:[/B] Victoria is Leonhart Almagest’s granddaughter.

[B]Your portrait:[/B] [URL="http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6141/victoriaann01uy9.jpg"][U]Victoria Ann[/U][/URL]

[B]Your occupation/location:[/B] Victoria Ann is currently a student at CHAOS. Like any student her studies cover the basics. Since she was a small child, Victoria has taken an interest in airships and tends to focus on studies that pertain to that occupation. Her plans are to design and build ships in addition to piloting them.

[B]Your story:[/B] Victoria Ann is not gifted like other members of the family but she is bright and quick to pick up on what’s going on. It was this inquisitive nature that lead to her discovering proof that her grandfather Leonhart and her Aunt Catherine had been kidnapped by the fanatical group known as the underdogs, who were trying to overthrow the Czenoble Dynasty. In doing so she also, by virtue of [I]borrowing[/I] ancient maps from the headmaster of CHAOS, discovered where the underdogs were located.

In the three years since the revolution she has continued her studies at CHAOS in addition to helping with the care for Lucy, a racing chimera that was given to the Almagest family as a gift from the Archard family. Primarily, Gustave Archard, cousin to Vincent Archard who was killed during the revolution.

Now Victoria spends her days attending school, taking care of Lucy, and designing air ship models that she wants to eventually build. She hopes, in due time, to go and visit Gustave where he lives in Anovia since she thinks of him as an uncle. To that end she keeps up a correspondence with both Gustave and her cousin Harrison who is serving in the Czenovian military. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=3][font=garamond][b]Your name:[/b] Belmonda "Bella" Montgomery Achard
[b]Your age:[/b] 30
[b]Your connection to the Achard family:[/b] Daughter of Olivier. Sister of Vincent.

[center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26795&stc=1&d=1232153566[/img][/center]
[b]Your occupation:[/b] Assistant Curator of Archeology. Bourgade National Museum.

[b]Your story:[/b][indent]Belmonda Achard is a brilliant young woman whose life has been defined by her passion for Anova. Born into a life of privilege, Bella grew up in the posh Bourgade district, a bohemian pocket of Le Monde which plays home to Anova's wealthiest businessmen and most talented artists. It was there she became enamored with the culture of her homeland, taking an active interest in museums and art galleries even as a young girl. On many of these trips she would be accompanied by her older brother Vincent, who she looked up to as a father figure. Bella's own relationship with her parents is strained, largely due to their differing political views.

Majoring in Anovan History at a major university, Bella rarely turned away from her studies to socialize or date. She finds that few men value her for her intellect, and even fewer can match it. Also, Bella is socially quite awkward. Only when discussing her field of expertise does the young woman ever display any confidence.

Politically, Belmonda is fiercely patriotic, almost to the point of being a Xenophobe. Since Vincent's unexpected murder during the Revolution Belmonda has become especially critical of both Czenovia and the Almagest family.[/font][/size][/indent]

[SIZE="1"][B]Name:[/B] Liana Claribel Prideux

[B]Age:[/B] 16

[B]Your Connection to the Achard Family:[/B] Liana's grandfather and sole living relative, Marcel Prideux, is the president of Cobalt Silverworks.

[B]Protrait:[/B]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8877/rozlynjc2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[B]Occupation:[/B] Liana studies art at Lumière Academy. After school, she works at a small jewelry store in Le Monde and during the weekends, she helps her grandfather at Cobalt Silverworks.

[B]Story:[/B] Liana is a very intelligent and mature young lady. She was adopted into her high-standing position by her "grandfather," Marcel. Both of her parents are believed to be dead. Raised in Bourgade, Liana often wandered into the art district of Le Monde where she fell in love with such extravagant and beautiful crafts.

When Liana was young, Marcel enrolled her at Lumière Academy, where she excelled in the arts. Of particular interest to Liana was working with jewelry (probably through influence of Marcel's silver mining company) and architectural studies. In fact, Liana showed such aptitude for jewelry that her teacher gave her a job at a small jewelry store in Le Monde. One day, she hopes to design a beautiful landmark or building that would become the face of her beautiful city.

Her grandfather, was the president and CEO of the Anovan Silver Mining Company. During the very stressful merger negotiations with Achard & Co., it was deemed that he would be made the president of the new company. When Liana turned 13 shortly thereafter, she began helping her grandfather on the weekends, familiarizing herself with many of the company's workings and giving herself a crash course on how to run a business.

Between all of this, Liana barely has time for a social life. She's never even had a relationship before. This doesn't mean she doesn't have friends, but rather that her friends are at least ten years older than her and interested in talking about business and architecture. The few girls from LA that she associates with remain distant and only allow Liana to tag along for expensive shopping sprees. This is slightly depressing for the teenager, but she loves every second that she spends with Marcel.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Times New Roman"][B]Name:[/B] Ivan Francis Almagest
[B]Age:[/B] 17
[B]Your connection to the Almagests:[/B] Grandnephew of Leonhart Almagest. Son of Jacob Almagest.
[B]Portrait:[/B]
[IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/jeff2.jpg[/IMG]
(Ignore the attire, if there is an issue with it.)

[B]Occupation:[/B] Currently a student at CHAOS. Ivan is not at all fond of his medical training, which was forced upon him by his mother. He would rather become an explorer or a pilot.

[B]Your Story:[/B]

Ivan is the son of Jacob Almagest and traveled abroad with his father for most of his life until three years ago, shortly before Jacob was killed. Diane Almagest, his mother, immediately put all of her resources into finding the boy and bringing him home. Since then, Ivan has not been allowed to stray very far from their home in Czenovia. The death of his father also strained relationships between Diane and the other Almagests, effectively limiting the number of visitors the two entertain. This, combined with the memories of his various journeys with his father, left Ivan very bored.

He begged his mother to let him leave the city, but she insisted he stay at home. Eventually, his persistence made her realize how desperate he was, and she let him leave, but only on one condition: he had to enroll at CHAOS and get an education.

As a healer herself, Diane made every effort to set up Ivan for a future in medical alchemy. Ivan, however, was an explorer at heart. Medicine failed to hold his attention in class, and his grades plummeted dramatically. As a result, his grades slipped, and he's in danger of expulsion.

[B]Skills:[/B] Somewhat adept at martial arts and knows very basic healing alchemy.[/FONT]

[indent][b]NAME[/B]
Edith Grimoire

[b]AGE[/B]
Forty-two

[b]CONNECTION[/b]
Olivier Achard has donated vast sums of money on behalf of Edith's company over the years, through its charity balls and fundraisers. She became a friend and business partner at the peak of her career, but began to lose contact once she withdrew from public life.

[b]PORTRAIT[/b]

[center][img]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6895/edithportraitfy1.jpg[/img]
[size=1][i]Edit Grimoire, as pictured on the cover of Anova Times[/i][/size][/center]

[b]OCCUPATION & LOCATION[/b]
Edith is the Founder and CEO of the House of Grimoire. The brand is synonymous with Anovan style and several members of the Achard and Almagest families own a Grimoire Original.

Beatriste Elyse's wedding gown is actually a Grimoire design; it is one of the few one-off pieces from her personal hand in recent years.

Edith Grimoire lives in the Bourgade district of Le Monde, alongside several other prominent Anovans. Her home is set far back from the street, with its long driveway shrouded by foliage.

[b]STORY[/b]
Unlike many wealthy and famous Anovans who were born into privilege, Edith's childhood was anything but aristocratic. She was born on a chimaera farm to the north of Cobalt Bay, in a small coastal region containing several farming and fishing towns.

Her father made regular trips into town in order to sell chimaera fur and milk. Edith often accompanied her father and came to know several people within the town - including a slightly older boy called Clavat.

Edith's life changed forever when her parents discovered that she was pregnant - Clavat was the father. She was summarily ejected from the farm with few belongings and no money.

After briefly visiting Clavat (who lived with his parents and was in no position to help her - aside from offering her a sizeable sum of money), she decided to travel to Le Monde.

Edith struggled for several years, working for various tailors and seamstresses across the city until, eventually, she was able to open her own business.

The House of Grimoire quickly became a local and then, international, phenomenon. Edith's designs were worn by the who's who of Anovan society, including politicians and celebrities.

In recent years, Edith has become something of a recluse. She rarely emerges from her mansion in the Bourgade district and newspaper reports suggest that she suffers from a form of agoraphobia.

Anovan tabloids suggest that Edith's current reclusiveness is the result of a breakdown due to the burden of her lost child, whom she gave up for adoption upon moving to the city.
[/indent]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Phew, it's late here... I am going to post another sign-up for Gustave tomorrow. He'll be a bit different after three years, I think.[/font]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"][LIST]
[*][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Name: Allen Blair Achard

[*]Age: 34

[*]Portrait:Here
[*]
[*]
Connection: Son of Emily Belton who is the daughter of Evangeline Achard’s much older sister. Deceits father Winston Belton died of heart attack before Allen’s birth. Evangeline Achard signed Allen into the Achard family tree after his birth.

[*]Occupation: Allen’s mother owns a branch store of House of Grimoire. Currently learning alchemy in spare time.

[*]Your Story:
[*]
Emily Belton widow at 23 had few skills to make it on her own after her husbands tragic death. She pleaded to her Aunt to sign her unborn son into Achard family name as her married name was impoverished. After the birth of her first and only son Emily began working in one of Edith Grimoire’s boutiques. After many years of faithful service Emily was awarded her own branch of Ms. Grimoire’s deparments. Her branch located in Le Monde was small but very successful.
[*]
Emily contributed money to the Lumiere Academy to fund the teaching of the arts. She put Allen in the Lumiere Academy when he was very young. Allen excelled in music and sculpting during his time in Lumiere Academy. He was a fine cello player and was good at metal sculpting. Allen graduated with high honors in Lumiere Academy.
[*]
At the age of fourteen Allen began working in his mother’s store. He became a hard working employee. He was knowledgeable for patterns, seams, and design that fit each body type. Allen’s charisma, intelligence and attentiveness made him frequently asked for by customers. Deep down though Allen was short tempered but very outgoing. Allen became an attraction to his mother’s store bringing in many female as well as male clients.
[*]
Over the years his mother’s store has grown in size to accommodate the high demand and branched out a few House of Grimoire stores. At the age of twenty-three Allen came up for a great business idea. He decided to use some of the money earn to buy silver from the Cobalt Silverworks to make fine jewelry to compliment the Edith Grimoire design. The jewelry crafted by Allen were indeed beautiful but lacked glimmer or spark. Allen then turned to alchemy to make the silver into beautiful bars of gold. Gold, Allen thought would make his jewelry stand out from other competitors. Allen became obsessed in the idea and donates his spare to making gold. He did experiment other aspects of alchemy like creating chimera. His successful chimeras were sold to chimera race tracks for extra funding for his gold work. Allen has come close to transmuting silver into gold over the recent years. He feels he needs one more ingredient to finish his nearly two decade work.[/COLOR]
[/LIST][/FONT][/SIZE]

[indent][b]NAME[/B]
Gustave Achard

[b]AGE[/B]
Twenty-nine

[b]CONNECTION[/b]
Gustave is Vincent's cousin (and is therefore the nephew of Olivier and Evangeline). His mother, Collette Achard, is Olivier's younger sister.

[b]PORTRAIT[/b]

[center][img]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7903/gustavesa7.jpg[/img]
[i]Gustave Achard in a recent portrait.[/i][/center]

[b]OCCUPATION & LOCATION[/b]
For many years Gustave lived the life of a playboy, without any cares in the world. He became an accomplished chimaera jockey, competing in several international races. He also became Anova's only elite camel jockey, often participating in the Al-Ahmar Derby.

In more recent times, Gustave decided to escape the public spotlight to deal with more serious pursuits: he invested some of his family's money into the creation of a small airship business. Rather than building entirely new airships, Gustave spent much of his time upgrading existing models. The business was closed down in recent months, to allow Gustave to focus on an entirely new - and expensive - pet project.

The majority of Gustave's income is still derived from the international racing circuit.

Gustave lives in Achard Hall, with Olivier and several others.

[b]STORY[/b]
Gustave's history lacks the controversy and depth of his cousin, Vincent. Where Vincent worked hard to climb the ladder and where he felt great pressure to build a stronger relationship between the Achards and Almagests, Gustave did not.

By the age of eighteen, Gustave was already a pin-up across Anova. His real success was in chimaera racing, where he had natural talent. His youth - and pedigree - also ensured enormous media coverage for each of his races.

Then, by the age of twenty-three, Gustave was competing in chimaera races across the globe. He was finally asked to captain an Anova-based camel racing team to compete in Al-Ahmar - the very first New Globe team to do so.

Gustave's career culminated in his arrival three years ago at the Chimaera World Cup in High Czenoble. The very best riders from across the globe attended - even the Sultan of Al-Ahmar, Imran Mahid, was in attendance in his own private marquee.

While Gustave did barely win the race, it ended in tragedy, as a chimaera crashed into the Almagest marquee, killing several onlookers. The tragedy was caused by infamous Czenovian rider, Hugo Black. Black was known to be a cheat in major races, particularly in those that saw Czenovia and Anova competing directly.

After the race, Gustave retired to his summer house in the south-west hills of Mt. Grail.

He became increasingly close to several members of the Almagest family during his trip, particularly Victoria Ann, who he began to view as the daughter he never had. Their relationship was cemented by a special gift - a chimaera called Lucy - which Gustave used as a peace offering between the two families.

Victoria Ann and Lucy became so close that Gustave decided to fund the construction of a chimaera stable in the grounds of Rosengard.

Gustave became caught up in the Czenovian Revolution during his stay in the country and it was during this time that he forged lifelong bonds with the Almagests.

After the revolution ended, Gustave's staff packed up his belongings and he returned to Anova.

During the last three years, Gustave has visited High Czenoble several times. He invested particular energy in assisting Victoria Ann with her riding lessons. He has also developed a greater appreciation of Czenovia, which saw many changes since a new peaceful government came to power.

Today, Gustave continues to race, but he has closed down his little airship business. Instead, he has another project in the works - something he has been personally developing since the revolution. As the project nears fruition, he is particularly excited about showing Victoria Ann on her next trip to Anova.

Although Gustave has always had play boy status, recent events (including his relationship with Victoria Ann and the death of his cousin and aunt) have given him a stronger sense of family. Marriage - or any relationship with a woman - would be sure to set the Anovan tabloids alight.[/indent]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"][B]Your name:[/B] Harrison Almagest

[B]Your age:[/B] 17

[B]Your connection to the Almagest or Achard family:[/B] Harrison is Leonhart Almagest’s nephew.

[B]Your portrait:[/B] [URL="http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=harrison01gm1.jpg"]Harrison[/URL]

[B]Your occupation/location:[/B] Harrison is currently serving in Air-General Von Heisenberg’s 2nd Fleet that patrols Czenovia’s furthest western borders near the New Globe.

[B]Your story:[/B] Harrison was a student at CHAOS until shortly after his uncle Leonhart was kidnapped. With the death of King Mideus, Leonhart’s brother Daedalus was brought out of retirement and promoted to Air-General of the First Fleet to deal with the growing threat presented by the underdogs.

In a move to better protect his family since he was certain his daughter Helen was already dead when she went missing; Daedalus pulled Harrison out of school and commissioned him to 2nd Lieutenant to serve aboard the [I]Sentinel[/I] in the First Fleet where he could keep an eye on him.

After losing their father in the battle to protect the Mirror Palace during the revolution, Harrison and his brother Dawlish were transferred to the 2nd Fleet once things started settling back down. Seven months later, due to illness, their mother Harriet passed away. This resulted in Dawlish becoming Harrison’s guardian until he turns eighteen since Dawlish was his only immediate relative still alive.

Though his brother Dawlish later left military service to found Icarus, Harrison asked to be allowed to stay in the military instead since he felt it was what their father would have wanted. Other than brief visits to Rosengard for various occasions, Harrison continues to serve in the 2nd Fleet.

He has long been disillusioned with the Almagest family and tends to have little to no contact with any of them. Victoria Ann is one of the few members he keeps in contact with as he tends to think of his cousin as a little sister. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=3][font=garamond][b]Your name:[/b] Fauntleroy "Fonty" Almagest
[b]Your age:[/b] 36
[b]Your connection to the Almagest family:[/b] Eldest son of Leonhart Almagest.

[center][img]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee132/Runaway511/almagest/joshalmagest.png[/img][/center]
[b]Your occupation:[/b] Fonty works closely with his father at Magitechnology Industries.

[b]Your story:[/b][indent]For much of his life Fauntleroy Almagest struggled to escape the shadow cast by his famous father. After graduating from CHAOS he took on a variety of jobs, with each of them ending in disaster. Between this and his much-publicized partying Fonty had become a source of shame for his family. With his lack of direction and spending habits he was the prime example of waste and arrogance among the upper class in Czenovia.

During the Czenovian Revolution Leonhart Almagest had disappeared, and was presumed dead. As a result Fauntleroy was thrust into a leadership role within the family business, Magitechnology Industries. At the same time, a failed attempt by revolutionaries to blow up the family estate ended with a near-fatal attack on Fonty's life. This was a wake-up call for the young man, and he came to finally acknowledge his family's large role in causing the Revolution.

Since then, Fonty has become incredibly vocal about the rights of workers in Czenovia, working tirelessly to erase the bad reputation of his family name. He is currently working with his father on the reconstruction and modernization of High Czenoble and New Czenoble, and is expected to assume the title of Magitech's President and CEO once again someday. Whether he will be more prepared for the role this time around is anyone's guess.

Thankfully Fauntleroy has Charles Cornwall-Almagest, his close friend, working by his side as a trusted aide. Also Fonty has in his possession a unique artifact, a camera which takes photographs of the future. Once belonging to his late mother, the camera's true origins remain shrouded in mystery.[/font][/size][/indent]

[B]Your name:[/B]
Jonathan Ardale Valentine

[B]Your age:[/B]

[B]Your connection to the Achard family:[/B]
Though many of his ties are informal, Jonathan’s major connection with the Achard family is through the Silverworks.

[B]Your portrait:[/B]
[IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/UnAverageCharles/asellas_diel.jpg[/IMG]

[B]Your occupation/location:[/B]
Jonathan is the captain of the airship "Valkyrie" that subcontracts to the Cobalt Silverworks as a transport and is registered with Fort Blanc as a surveillance vessel. Despite this being his primary form of income (and one that has not done him wrong financially) he is also an adventurer at heart, and as such has a slight reputation of being some what of a rouge.

[B]Your story[/B]
For all of his life Jonathan has been fascinated with flight. From the first time he saw an airship he knew what he wanted to do with his life.

His father, Ambros Valentine, was an officer in the Anovian army, which instilled him with a loyalty to the nation that drove him to take an interest in the nations history. He took several classes on the History of Anova while he studied Airship technology.

A few years after he graduated he signed on with Adolf, the original captain of the “Valkyrie”. He worked for years, quickly proving his proficiency with the ship. Every job came naturally to him, and he loved every minute of it. Six years after he signed on he was given command of the ship, and after four years of being captain he bought the ship out right.
It was in his years working under Adolf that he made his informal connections within the Achard family.

Recently he has taken a renewed interest in the history of Anova, and has embarked on several commissions for the Bourgade National Museum.

[FONT="Arial"][B]Your name:[/B] Frederic Gael Achard

[B]Your age:[/B] 30

[B]Your connection to the Almagest or Achard family:[/B] Son of Oliver. Brother of Vincent and twin of Belmonda.

[B]Your portrait:[/B] [URL="http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2163/fredericas8.jpg"]Frederic[/URL]

[B]Your occupation/location:[/B] Frederic Achard is a member of the Special Security Force and is currently stationed at Fort Blanc in the capitol, Le Monde.

[B]Your story:[/B] Frederic was never one to be interested in the arts or other forms of what he considers entertainment. His more serious bent led to him pursuing studies that eventually resulted in him enrolling and training at Fort Blanc to become a member of the Special Security Force.

He has little use for social functions, even family required affairs and once he was accepted into the Special Security Force he served in various cities around Anova. Frederic?s attention to detail and excellent swordsmanship has resulted in him steadily rising in rank.

In the last six months Frederic was promoted to 1st lieutenant and reassigned to the capitol, Le Monde. Though he has no qualms with the post, he finds being closer to his family, and incidentally matchmaking attempts by certain members, tiring.

Frederic does however, enjoy being closer to his twin sister Belmonda and will often spend his free time discussing history and politics with her. [/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][B]Your name:[/B] Elaine Adelle Waltier

[B]Your age:[/B] 27

[B]Your connection to the Almagest or Achard family:[/B] Elaine is not connected to either family.

[B]Your portrait:[/B] [URL="http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6891/eliane02ec3.jpg"]Elaine[/URL]

[B]Your occupation/location:[/B] Elaine is a priestess of the Church of the Phoenix. She is assigned to the headquarters of the Church located on the Island Citadel. She often travels as a representative of the church in order to help oversee and assist with humanitarian aid in addition to charity work with various orphanages. This led to her becoming friends with members from both families, especially the Almagests who assisted with rebuilding after the revolution in Czenovia.

[B]Your story:[/B] Elaine was born and raised within the Island Citadel since her parents were members of the church and part of the staff that maintained the enormous fortress. Like all children who resided at the Citadel she was given an education by the Church. She was twelve years old when her parents and many others were stricken with a deliberating disease that they had no cure for.

Upon their passing she was taken in by the Church, and she elected to continue her studies and began training to become a priestess. In an effort to better understand why her parents and many others died, she also started learning about basic medical care. Her dedication to learning and assisting those in need led to her being taken under the wing of the current High Priestess of Charity, Yolanda, who was responsible for overseeing charity work.

Shortly after turning twenty two, Elaine was promoted to Priestess and instead of taking up a position in a Church, she stayed at the Citadel and continued to further her education and help with charity work. When the Church sent aid to Czenovia following the bloody revolution, Elaine was sent in place of High Priestess Yolanda since traveling is hard on her health due to her age.

Since then she has continued to travel on behalf of High Priestess Yolanda to carry out Church business. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][B]Your Name[/B]: Adrian Renee Achard

[B]Your Age:[/B] 28

[B]Your Connection to the Achard Family:[/B] Nephew to Olivier Achard, and son of Benoit Achard and Elise Achard-Chevalier. Adrian is Christophe and Quintus’s younger brother.

[B]Your Portrait:[/B] [[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/anime-guy.gif"]Adrian, back when he was still in the employ of the Special Security Force.[/URL]] Since then, his hair has grown longer, to about shoulder blade length, and he is often seen in the most stylish, popular clothing when out in public.

[B]Your Occupation:[/B] Adrian was once a renown member of the Special Security Force, but was too unruly, wild, and impetuous to remain in it’s ranks simply guarding the relatively calm streets of Anova and for anticipating oversea threats. He considered working for Icarus, but decided his true calling, or at least the path that would entertain him the most, was training Chimeras for the Chimera Junction.

[B]Your Story:[/B] Adrian Renee Achard is the youngest of three brothers, his eldest brother being Remy Achard and the next oldest being Christophe Achard. All three of the Achard boys were brilliant in their own aspects as each contributes to knowledge that the other has little of. Remy had the proper attitude and the right intellect to be the perfect aristocrat, the perfect citizen. His extremely charming and likeable character made it so that of he chose to, he could bring anyone around to this way of thinking. Adrian had always held Remy‘s crowd pleasing abilities in awe. His other brother Christophe was rather inexperienced with people; he hardly kept eye contact with people that tried to talk to him. He was more interested in his books and all of the studies that came with school. He respected Christophe for his dedication to his reading, to gain knowledge through the act of reading an endless supply of books.

Adrian was neither of these things, he didn’t have the sort of intellect to sway the masses, he didn’t have the book smarts that Christophe had. He had something else, he had an analytical way of thinking. He could think of almost all the ways a conversation could go and direct it in a way that he wanted to talk about. He was like Remy in some respects, but he was in the limelight much more often. He interacted with crowds on a more personal level because of his rather wild and excitable nature. He is a bit more out spoken then his brothers, letting himself get carried away on subjects that probably meant little to others. Theories from old scientists and subject matter that consisted of, but wasn’t limited to, the physics of motion. Of airship propulsion, the consistency of matter and all of the wildlife that build up their fragile but dangerous world. But, because he used his analytical skills to simply ponder these things and to just lose himself in thoughts, he did very little actual studying in school.

He did find, however, that by simply concentrating a little harder with the texts he could easily retain enough information to aptly pass his classes. His mind would keep all the information stored in until his final exams, and when they passed it wiped his memory of the information. Only keeping information that he thought was interesting enough to keep with him. He didn’t do extremely well like his brothers, but he got by with a steady stream of B’s and A’s in his classes. He was content and happy with the effort he was putting into school, but, he found it was very unexciting for him. So when he finally left school he went into the Special Security Force at the young age of 20 years. He felt like he could put his analytical skills to use in this line of work and he excelled in the force. His different means of thinking and the way he could analyze a situation and turn it to his favor gained him many increases in rank.

He did gain some people’s disliking, but that was purely because he was so much younger then them when he advanced in his rank. He was only 25 when he became captain in the SSF, this however, would be the end of his career in the Special Security Forces. He had grown bored with the tedium of simply being a police force in the streets. The fact that there was so little threat from other countries was disheartening and not very much fun for free spirit like Adrian’s. So, he left the SSF and thought about his different choices that lay before him. He had been thinking about going to work for Icarus, but he lost interest in the thought when he was confronted by a man who was looking for people to work at the Chimera Junction. He analyzed the situation, as he always did, and thought about all the prospects of working as a Chimera Trainer. He quickly found his new occupation to be far more exciting and it seem to fit with his rather eccentric ideas that ultimately made him an ideal Chimera trainer.[/SIZE]

[B]Your name:[/B] Juste Yvon Achard

[B]Your age:[/B] 26

[B]Your connection to the Almagest or Achard family:[/B] Juste is the son of Sarnia Bell Achard, Oliver's sister and James Je Halyard a textile merchant. He has two older siblings Patrai Sef Achard and Melanie Lyn Achard.

Juste's mother is fiercely independent and prefers to rely one what she and her husband make instead of relying on the family fortune. After getting married and moving to the Cobalt Bay area, they rarely keep in contact with the rest of the Achard's.

[B]Your portrait:[/B] [URL="http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/3958/justevm1.jpg"]Juste[/URL]

[B]Your occupation/location:[/B] Juste is a cleric for the Church of the Phoenix. He is currently assigned to the Church headquarters on the Island Citadel. Most of his time is spent studying the different languages and cultures around the world.

[B]Your story:[/B] Juste is an inquisitive young man who ended up studying different languages due to his fascination with the foreigners who visited the Cobalt Bay area. His family runs a moderate textile business but Juste was never interested in learning the family craft. His father arranged for him to receive an education with the understanding that he would use what he learned to help expand the family business into new areas.

One of Juste’s teachers was a cleric for the Church of the Phoenix and upon noticing how quickly Juste picked up on languages; he recommended that Juste be sent to study and work at the Church headquarters. Since this meant that the Church would be paying for his education and then later for his clerical work, Juste’s father agreed and he was sent to the Citadel.

Juste quickly grew to love the extensive libraries at the Citadel in addition to his studies. Once he was done he was more than content to continue as a cleric at the Church headquarters. From then on he has continued to assist with translations and all manner of clerical work while furthering his study of languages and cultures.

Since the revolution in Czenovia he is often assigned to accompany the Priestess Waltier to serve as her aid. Though he finds seeing other lands fascinating, if given a choice he would rather stay put in the Citadel.

[B]Your name:[/B] Davos Frost

[B]Your age:[/B] 70

[B]Your connection to the Almagest or Achard family:[/B] There is no connection to either family though over the years she has met many of them.

[B]Your portrait:[/B] [URL="http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/121/siefbx1.jpg"]Davos[/URL]

[B]Your occupation/location:[/B] Frost is the current Sief for the Church of the Phoenix. She is, of course, located at their headquarters on the Island Citadel.

[B]Your story:[/B] Davos grew up in the church as both of her parents were members. She started out as a Priestess and then later was appointed as a High Priestess by the current Sief. Highly intelligent and well educated she possesses the knack of knowing when to act and when to wait and these qualities later led to her becoming the next Sief when she turned 40.

Since then she has continued to lead the church and is highly involved in international politics as well as expanding the church?s charity efforts around the New Globe. Though she is often criticized for not doing enough to expand the Church?s influence, Davos is unfailing fair and hardworking, earning her the respect of most of her peers.

She is most loved for her refusal to tolerate any member using the church?s influence for personal gain instead of upholding the teachings of the Phoenix Goddess. Davos believes, like many members, that to do so violates the very core of the Church?s beliefs. As a result she has made many enemies over the years by summarily expulsing anyone found guilty of such crimes against the Church and the people.

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Name: Natalia "Talia" Lockmere[/B]

[B]Age:[/B] 25

[B]Connection to the Almagest family:[/B] A cousin of Olivier Achard.

[B]Portrait:[/B][IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/cklilster24/anime/girls/2cf912f950c1a420.jpg[/IMG]

[B]Occupation/Location:[/B] Residing among the rolling lush green hills of the southwest region of Anova, Talia, enjoys the freedom and beauty of the countryside, but even more the blood sweat and tears she has put into the hard work of helping to breed and train Chimaera. Barely dealing with the human riders she is mostly seen out with a young Chimeara.

[B] Story:[/B] Natalia is the first born daughter of Maria Achard- Lockmere( 1st cousin to Olivier Achard) and Nicolas Lockmere. Their love of art and nature was embedded in their daughter at an early age, though the outdoors and nature proved to pique Nataila's curiosity more than the beatiful plays and lovely artwork that their family had been privy to see and or help create in the years Natalia remembers.

But one of her most vivid memories were seeing the Chimaera races and how lovely those animals looked and moved during the competition. The amount of determination in their eyes to be the best and the pure joy that they seemed to thrive off when they were let loose to run. That beauty alone led Natalia to the study Chimaera breeding and her first trip to "The Junction" left her heart decided on what she wished to aspire to.

Much of her attention fell away from her, to her mother's dismay, but her father was proud his daughter found her calling. She has since spent much of her time, under the demand of her overseer at the Junction with the young Chimaera making sure to feed them the correct nutrients and also testing out their nature's individually. To the dismay of most of the men, who also attempt to catch her eye.

Natalia is a little naive of her beauty and prefers the attention to not be on her. She only gathers pleasure from seeing the creatures she has helped train become more magnificent animals than she could have imagined and prefers to leave many of her human co-workers and even family to themselves. [/COLOR][/FONT]

If this is a little too dry or in conflict with the 1st RP.. which I am attempting to read please let me know. I'll tweak it as need be.

[size=1]Just to remind people, sign-ups will remain open throughout the course of the entire RPG. [i]However[/i], anyone who signs up from this point on will not be considered for the opening of the RPG; as the story progresses and peeps drop out I will be letting in additional players.

Thanks to everyone for the overwhelming response! I honestly don't have a clue where to begin sorting through all of the rich characters you guys have created...

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE="1"][INDENT]Bah just as I finish you would choose to post wouldn't you? :p

[b]Your name:[/b] Dawlish Milan Almagest

[b]Your age:[/b] 41

[b]Your connection to the Almagest or Achard family:[/b] Eldest nephew of Leonhart Almagest.

[b]Your portrait:[/b] [url=http://fc43.deviantart.com/fs14/f/2007/064/a/5/FFXII__Zargabaath_by_runaire.jpg]Dawlish[/url]

[b]Your occupation/location:[/b]
Dawlish is the founder, majority stakeholder and chief director of Icarus Industries arguably the largest manufacturer of magitechnological equipment in the known world specialising in weapons development for international powers as part of a more diverse portfolio of business.

A proactive executive as well as weaponsmith Dawlish?s abode depends very much of where business takes him, owning a variety of luxury properties in the capitals of many New and Old Globe cities including High Czenoble?s Lux Aeterna and the famous Villa Gabriella in Le Monde, two of the most expensive properties in the world. Equally the Vide Desert between Czenovia and Le Monde where Icarus? main manufacturing facilities are located

[b]Your Story:[/b]
The story of Dawlish Almagest could have been described as rather mundane until three years ago. As with many in his generation Dawlish found himself growing up in the shadow of his late father, legendary alchemist and soldier Daedalus Almagest. Rather than fight against his father?s chosen path in order to make a name for himself Dawlish immersed himself completely the legacy extended to him, graduating from Czenovia?s High Academy of Sciences with perfect marks in his final examinations and entering the military?s research and development division as a magitechnological scientist.

A dedicated career officer from the outset Dawlish was nonetheless regarded as a alchemical prodigy to rival his father and uncle often transferred between projects when a developmental wall was struck by the team. His repeated successes lead to him being fast-tracked through several promotions to the rank of major by his late twenties and made chief engineer of the Sentinel, the flagship of Czenovia?s first fleet.

The vast majority of his climbing the ranks done Dawlish settling comfortably into life working a life split between the military and Magitech Corporation where he was often seconded to work on joint-military projects under his father?s diligent eye. The pair worked well together but a similarity of personality as well as perfectionist tendencies would often lead to ?loud idea-exchanges? in the words of co-workers when different approaches were chosen. Disaster would strike on a mission to Brigit Mines when a bomb planted by dissidents destroyed part of the facility and left Dawlish needed several weeks recuperation and a prosthetic left leg.

Although the sophistication of the replacement was such he could never be described as disabled, the fact that he had taken his father?s place as his behest was to drive a wedge between them that would not be fully mended for years.

The Czenovian Rebellion was to the crucible for Dawlish to be reforged as a new man. While his actions during the final hours of the ill-fated Underdog Rebellion are still the subject of mixed reaction, the deaths of his father and sister during the rebellion and his brother and mother during the aftermath was to cause him to resign from the military in order to find his own path in life. His choice to form Icarus, as weapons manufacturing company from the ashes of Magitech?s severed limb was to create an estrangement between Leonhart and Dawlish that has continued to this day.

Perhaps most controversially at that point Dawlish extended contracts to nations outside of Czenovia, beginning with Anova and later into several Old Globe nations including Al Ahmar and Oyashima thereby proliferating magitechnology, which had been up to that point held mostly by Czenovia out to the rest of the world. Seen as a bold and innovative move by allies, it nonetheless called into question Dawlish?s level of loyalty to his homeland.

Choosing to move Icarus? main manufacturing facilities outside of Czenoble to the Vide Desert lying between Anova and Czenovia was also another major source of criticism leading to claims of ethical and scientific misconduct. In the face of press-releases from Icarus clarifying that the move to Vide was simply to access Anovan silver more easily (now a major component in many of the company?s products) and civilian protection in the very unlikely event of a catastrophe at the facilities, these claims though unsubstantiated remain a small thorn in the company?s side.

Since the formation of Icarus Dawlish has shed his preference for privacy to become a notably public figure. He is a regular attendant of social functions in both Anova and Czenovia and has become somewhat known for eccentricity and what some have described as publicity stunts, such as purchasing the world-famous Les Trevilles restaurant in High Czenoble for an undisclosed amount simply to avoid making a reservation. Though his links with Czenovia have become somewhat frayed in the last few years the Daedalus Almagest Foundation, a charity for the families of soldiers killed or disabled during the Czenovian Revolution maintains a source of goodwill from his homeland even among detractors.[/INDENT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy][B][FONT=Arial]Name: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial]High Captain Felix Michael Achard

[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy][B][FONT=Arial]Age: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial]36

[B]Portrait: [/B][COLOR=Black][U][URL="http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/pjmckrafty/Dresden_Files_show_pic_WIP_by_Polar.jpg"]Felix[/URL][/U][/COLOR]
[B]
[/B][/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy][B][FONT=Arial]Connection: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial]Son of Oliver Achard, Brother to Vincent, and then twins Belmonda and Frederic.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy][B][FONT=Arial]Occupation: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial]Felix is High Captain in the Citadel Guard, and helps run the personal protection of High Priests and the Sief. He lives in the Island Citadel in the barracks with the rest of the Guard.

[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy][B][FONT=Arial]Story: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial]Growing up Felix was never too close to his siblings. That being we was extremely protective of them and was often found watching over the twins and even his elder brother Vincent while they played. He was often described as having an “old soul”. He wasn’t as talkative as his other siblings, but was far from a melancholy person, often just laughing along with them.

[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy][FONT=Arial]Felix’s protective personality followed him to the SSF where he worked as hard as he could to move up through the ranks. His work did not go unnoticed. When a Cardinal from The Church of the Phoenix came around to recruit, Felix was among the top soldiers chosen to serve in the Citadel Guard. Though not the most devout of the recruits, Felix made up for it in skill and rose through the Citadel Guard ranks just as quickly as he had with the SSF.[/FONT][B][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Arial]But it was during the rescue and recovery efforts after the Czenovian Revolution where he earned his rank of High Captain. Taking charge of a disheveled and confused team and leading the ground forces thought out the whole operation almost single-handedly. Upon their return to The Island citadel he was promoted to High Captain.

[/FONT][/COLOR] [FONT=Arial][COLOR=Navy]It wasn’t until after this that Felix caught word of Vincent’s demise. Though he found solace in his faith, he (much like his sister) had become very critical of the Almagest family and Czenovia. He holds no trust for either of them.[/COLOR][/FONT]