OtakuBoards

Bored Habits

chibi-master

Okay, we all get bored at some point. So, what are some odd little quirks you have when you get bored? How do you deal with the boredom?

Personally, I chew on stuff. It can be my nails, my pen, my wrist or my fingers' skin. I also rock back and forth apparently, as people today kept telling me to stop rocking back and forth in my seat... I had no idea! I also claw at my wrists to keep myself awake. :animeswea

I'm always bored... that's why I try to find lots of stuff to do...

Daydreaming is nice - or maybe make a fictional post of something... I don't know. Play games, watch tv, take a walk, eat... XD Lots of random stuff.

TheO chat is also a good place to ease the boredom.

It seems like the older you get the less of this you have, but I still get in the occasional Daydream.

Mostly, what I've been into lately, is renting seasons of TV series' and watching them episode for episode. Currently I'm into CW's [I]Supernatural, [/I]though it sort've stinks since I'm in the middle of season three, and just knowing I'm going to be out of episodes soon is horrible.

As far as habits go, I really don't do anything...different like chibi. I guess you could go as far as calling them 'nervous habits', though you do them when you're bored. A good cure is a book, at least for me.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]I don't have any specific habits. I do like to do a lot of reading when I have extra time. Just as I also like simply listening to music and relaxing. I'll also jot down ideas I get for rp's and other stuff. Sometimes I play games.

But if you're looking for nervous habits, I'll chew on the ends of pens at times. Mainly because in class, I read the material before hand and I tend to remember it so it's tedious to sit there and listen to the teacher go over something I already know.

I often just cheat and read something else though. Doesn't go over very well when they see me doing it. Never mind that I do fine on the assignments and exams. They just have this notion that if I'm not paying attention in class I must not be learning. [/FONT][/COLOR]

For me, I think it would be some random singing. Most of the time its the songs I know all the lyrics too, but occasionally I might make up some random lyrics with a beat with another song.

The songs are usually strange but sometimes the song might be pretty catchy.

[FONT="Arial"]If I have the time to disappear for a few hours, I'll take off on a drive. Running up one of the canyons or even just around town tends to get my mind thinking again. If I don't have time, then I end up tapping on things. Like tapping your fingers on a desk top or doing the same with a pencil. [/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]Lets see, what do I do when I'm bored.... hmmm. It would help if I actually [I]get[/I] bored. I do know when I can't think of what to do, I'll just sit and hold my dog. Since I'll just keep petting her or rubbing her tummy, it's safe to say she loves it when I'm bored. XD

One thing I have learned is saying you're bored around my parents is like an open invitation for them to find some obscure chore that needs to be done. Seeing me doing nothing will have the same affect. o_O Perhaps that's why I'll just pet my dog. That way I don't look bored.

At school, I'll just daydream or write little silly notes. I love my teacher's face when they come to see what I'm doing and it will say stuff like. I predict so and so will come and peek over my shoulder today. Hehe.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I daydream, pull apart my split ends, or pick my nails. The latter 2 I wish I wouldn't do. ]:

I usually attempt to make a tag in PS but even then I'm usually too bored to be motivated.

Then there's Guild Wars. Usually helps nip my boredom but if my boyfriend's not on, I usually sit and do nothing.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I get hyper and childish. I'll bounce around the house driving my husband crazy or I'll hope on here and look around. I dunno what I really do when I'm bored, I never really remember it afterward...My husband says its pretty funny though so I'll believe him. He says I just get hyper and random. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]I'm never bored. I'm only bored when I'm too ill to go out, in which case I'll watch television or annoy people on MSN or AIM. I also have this weird habit of walking around the house convincing myself I need to get something (ie: I left my phone in my room) just so I can daydream, because I unfortunately can't daydream sat on my arse.

If I'm bored and I'm not ill I ring people up and see who's coming out. Nine times out of ten someone is already out, or willing to come round to my house. And if I don't have credit I go out anyway and find people =D. Worse comes to worse I go to the library. If, for some reason (this has happened before) the library isn't open, then I go for a walk with my iPod and end up doing weird dances... which unfortunately does not go down too well with strangers.[/size]

[SIZE=1]I have a few accessories about my hands most of the time, so I often end up either playing with the ring I have on my little finger, or the black leather wrist-strap I have on my left wrist. I'll also fiddle with my phone, as it is a slider, although I'm worried that if I play with it too much it'll break.[/SIZE]