Skye Posted June 14, 2013 Posted June 14, 2013 Chibi, I'm so sorry, doll. A good friend of mine died the weekend before our senior prom and nothing was the same. I feel your pain. On a slightly lighter note...I LIVE. I didn't forget about you guys, I promise. I just moved to a different state. >.>
Deadpool Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 I hate runnning. Great work out but eight miles every morning at five am just sucks. Though probably would help if I didnt stay up till two drinking. Though it does help keep your mind wandering and not listening to the annoying motivated staff sergeants
Allamorph Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 What are you talking about, five in the morning is the best time to run.Besides, if you're still drinking at two in the morning, you're wrong. Nothing good ever happens on the mid-watch.
Deadpool Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 Boredom which equals video games which then turns into drinking evwrytime I die. Tend to lose track of time
chibi-master Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 Oh wow I haven't posted for a while. Lots of stuff has happened... Another senior in my class died, for one thing. I was homeless for a little while after some issues at home. That was probably one of the scariest things I've been through. Luckily I had friends that were willing to take me in and a couple teachers brought me food and toiletries when they realized what had happened. And after that fiasco I decided to join the Army, and I'll be leaving for boot camp in August. I graduated today. I'm not in high school anymore, though that hasn't quite sunk in yet. Just... So much has happened.
James Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 There was apparently a reunion chat at theOtaku.com today - unfortunately I missed out. I wasn't home all day today. Did anyone here go to it? It would be good to do something like that again.
Deadpool Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 Allamorph-Marines. 0811 is my mos or artillery cannoneer for those who do not know the marine mos numbers. Chibi- congrat on the graduation. Just wait till you go in to the military be even more of a shock. Granted none of the branchs are like they used to be but it will still be a shock and a good experience. Just always remember the Marine Corps blues always look better then anything lol. What job you trying to do
chibi-master Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 Chibi- congrat on the graduation. Just wait till you go in to the military be even more of a shock. Granted none of the branchs are like they used to be but it will still be a shock and a good experience. Just always remember the Marine Corps blues always look better then anything lol. What job you trying to do 68W- Healthcare specialist. I would provide emergency care.
Allamorph Posted June 24, 2013 Posted June 24, 2013 Allamorph-Marines. 0811 is my mos or artillery cannoneer for those who do not know the marine mos numbers.Thought so. Navy, here; been in the nuclear training pipeline for about a year and a half now. Don't let the stereotypes fool you. Some of us are actually normal. =POh wow I haven't posted for a while. Lots of stuff has happened... Another senior in my class died, for one thing. I was homeless for a little while after some issues at home. That was probably one of the scariest things I've been through. Luckily I had friends that were willing to take me in and a couple teachers brought me food and toiletries when they realized what had happened. And after that fiasco I decided to join the Army, and I'll be leaving for boot camp in August.Yeah, it's strange and really sobering how much more often people in your peer age group die the older you get. I still haven't gotten used to it. =/And good on you. Just remember, when you get to BT, there's gonna be a lot of screaming. Drill sergeants' jobs are you push you hard to make you better, and to psych you out if you can't steel up. Don't take it personally, and don't let it get to you. It's gonna be real shitty, but it's only temporary.Plus they pay you for getting screamed at, too. Granted you won't really see it until afterwards, but it'll be a pleasant chunk of change in the account.
Deadpool Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 They hardly even scream even more from what I heard from more recent people that came from army basic. So it will be a walk in the park for you chibi. Just dont use the stress card. That is the easy way out
chibi-master Posted July 2, 2013 Posted July 2, 2013 Sounds interesting. What did you get on the asvab I got 80/99. My GT was 115. And good on you. Just remember, when you get to BT, there's gonna be a lot of screaming. Drill sergeants' jobs are you push you hard to make you better, and to psych you out if you can't steel up. Don't take it personally, and don't let it get to you. It's gonna be real shitty, but it's only temporary.Plus they pay you for getting screamed at, too. Granted you won't really see it until afterwards, but it'll be a pleasant chunk of change in the account. Yeah, I'm trying really hard to prepare for BT but that's in terms of physical fitness. I don't know if there's really a way to prepare mentally other than the fact that I want my MOS so bad that I'll go through pretty much anything for it.
Deadpool Posted July 2, 2013 Posted July 2, 2013 Gt of 115 is higher then alot of people. Congrats. Your up there with us few smart people. 125 for gt here could have done anything but I still went ground side combat. Its bad cause the asvab is a lot of common sense and most dont even get an eighty gt score
Allamorph Posted July 3, 2013 Posted July 3, 2013 Honestly, mental preparation isn't really something you can do for this. You just choose. Take it or psych out.Although, who knows? You might be in luck. From what I've been told, Navy BT has turned into two months of hugs and gummi bears. Who knows what's happened to Army.
Deadpool Posted July 3, 2013 Posted July 3, 2013 I agree with you allamorph I have heard the same thing about navy basic. Army basic has turned into the same thing to and marine boot camp has changed to. The hazing rules keep getting more and more stricter. The military just aint what it used to be but I still tip my hat to those who join.
chibi-master Posted July 4, 2013 Posted July 4, 2013 GRAH My cousin just screwed up my new laptop... I lent it to him for 5 minutes and in that time he saw I did not yet have Microsoft Office installed on the laptop (he's at that age where he's just discovered fonts and colors in Microsoft Word and he's fascinated by it). He decided to be "helpful" and downloaded some 'FREE MICROSOFT OFFICE DOWNLOAD RIGHT HERE I'M TOTALLY NOT A VIRUS' crap and now there are freaking pop-ups and junk all over the place and the laptop is slow as dirt now. Every single security scan I run says that there are absolutely no problems with my twitchy laptop. *grinds teeth* I'm pretty sure I have no other option than to stab my cousin.
Pumpkin Posted July 4, 2013 Posted July 4, 2013 There was apparently a reunion chat at theOtaku.com today - unfortunately I missed out. I wasn't home all day today. Did anyone here go to it? It would be good to do something like that again. I'd love to be involved in it if so, and I could always message gavin (dragon warrior) to attend. I still have him on facebook and instagram.
Petie Posted July 4, 2013 Posted July 4, 2013 GRAH My cousin just screwed up my new laptop... I lent it to him for 5 minutes and in that time he saw I did not yet have Microsoft Office installed on the laptop (he's at that age where he's just discovered fonts and colors in Microsoft Word and he's fascinated by it). He decided to be "helpful" and downloaded some 'FREE MICROSOFT OFFICE DOWNLOAD RIGHT HERE I'M TOTALLY NOT A VIRUS' crap and now there are freaking pop-ups and junk all over the place and the laptop is slow as dirt now. Every single security scan I run says that there are absolutely no problems with my twitchy laptop. *grinds teeth* I'm pretty sure I have no other option than to stab my cousin. Run System Restore and restore back to the day before your cousin touched it. Depending on your operating system, it's located in different places but if you're on Vista or up, you should be able to just search the start menu.
chibi-master Posted July 4, 2013 Posted July 4, 2013 Run System Restore and restore back to the day before your cousin touched it. Depending on your operating system, it's located in different places but if you're on Vista or up, you should be able to just search the start menu. It's a new laptop so it seems I don't have a restore point on it yet. At least that's the only option I'm getting from the search.
Petie Posted July 4, 2013 Posted July 4, 2013 Hmm... well you could try this then: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix Just be careful if and when you interact with it. It's a rather powerful little piece of software and could break things more if you don't understand what you're doing.
Skye Posted July 20, 2013 Posted July 20, 2013 Apparently a different state with no internet. ...no, it's just my house that has no internet. And, true to my nature, I rarely go anywhere. Well, anywhere that has internet and I'm not busy doing other things.
chibi-master Posted August 25, 2013 Posted August 25, 2013 So Iรข??m on a vacation trip and I was in my motel room while my family all went to dinner. (I was tired and stayed in to sleep.) I wake up a couple hours later because I hear some angry dude screaming and yelling outside my room and it sounds like heรข??s arguing with someone though I never hear a second person. Heรข??s banging on walls and eventually ends up hitting my door and I am just like รข??The heck?รข?ย and I start checking the room for weapons and preparing to escape out the bathroom window if need be. I would have loved to call the main office but OH WAIT thereรข??s no phone in my room and I accidentally left my phone in the car. But then he stops yelling and I hear a door slam and thatรข??s when I realize that this guy is in the room next to mine????? I wait 5 minutes cause the guyรข??s completely silent now and then I grab my keys and sprint to the office which is right next door. And they didn't hear anything??? Now some creepy dude is hanging out in a pickup truck outside the rooms and I think itรข??s the yelling guy from earlier. I just hope he doesn't wake me up again later.
Allamorph Posted August 29, 2013 Posted August 29, 2013 "Oh my god, you have a voice-actor voice."รข??Chibs
Recommended Posts