OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Petie' timestamp='1340022204' post='712035']
[color=#0000ff]You might not actually be too far off the mark, given everything that's happened in the US recently. Not sure if the infection has spread to other parts of the world yet...[/color]
[/quote]

Hey I just met you, and this is crazy. But here's some bath salts, your face is tasty.

Well, I ended up getting into the volunteer service at the hospital! I'm working in the ER on Tuesdays and then the ENT Center on Thursdays.

I had plans to actually get a good night's sleep tonight, but then I decided to re-read the Series of Unfortunate Events books. Oops.

This post comes from a mixture of boredom and nostalgia. I can not ever think of anything I want to say on this forum, sometimes I start to type replies and just stop halfway through because what I'm saying seems pretty irrelevant. This kind of saddens me because this place was a (somewhat embarrasingly) BIG part of my life when I was growing up (12 to 15, in that range). Every now and then I get incredibly nostalgic and want to come be a part of this little online community but it's somewhat difficult for me now that I am not anime-obsessed and haven't played video games in...jeez, years now that I think about it. My life used to revolve around these things and this place. I have a lot of good memories here.

I find the fact that I get sappy and nostalgic over an online forum a little weird but when think about the number of hours you logged posting here, talking to folks on AIM, etc. etc. It's kind of ming-boggling, lol. I spent hours posting in the Sony forum, when such a thing existed because in my mind becoming a moderator was the epitome of success. For some reason I really, really looked up to Semjaza and wanted to be just like him. He, and some other cats (Shin, CWB, James, etc etc) were always really nice to me at a time when I didn't have a whole lot of friends in the "real" world. I remember one summer where I talked to Piro on AIM for hours, EVERY SINGLE DAY. He seemed kind of depressed, I hope he's doing alright. I even briefly met a fellow member (DeathKnight) in real life. Sure, it was a little awkward, but it was good times. I've tried many times to come back to this place and rejoin the community but it's so different, and I have so little to share, haha. But regardless, as long as this place is around I'll probably always end up here at some point, looking at old threads and remembering my youth.

Here's to you OtakuBoards. My internet home.

[font=times new roman, times, serif]Why does the holiday have to fall on a Wenesday this year? [b][i]Seriously, why?[/i][/b] One day off then it's back to work... To make things worse there's supposed to be a festival like two minutes away from my house; which means I won't be able to catch my shut eye to enjoy the single day off. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]</insert string of expletives>[/font]

[font=Calibri]Look on the bright side. Your work week was two days this week. You have a two day work week starting tomorrow. Instead of being M/T/W/Th/F, it's M/F M/F. If it were on a Tuesday or Thursday, you would have had to go in for one stupid day for no reason at all. =P[/font] Edited by Allamorph

Man, tomorrow is the day I leave for Vegas. I've been waiting 2 months for this. I was suppose to be there already, but some things came up and caused some money problems. Next year I will be better prepared.

Edit:

Today is my last day in Vegas.

Evo was pretty good from what I've seen of it. I didn't go on Saturday because my body ached from walking from the Excalibur to Caesar's on that Friday. But I did get to attend the finals (which is all that matters right?) For the most part it was pretty good, but I was a little disappointed as well. I did some ooh's and ahh's, but for the most part I didn't get hyped up like I thought I would (then again I'm not really the type to show a lot of emotion either)

Vegas as a whole was a learning experience and an eye opener as well. I finally hopped on a bus yesterday, but I ended up going in the wrong direction. I was also getting a little agitated because of the heat.

Once the women get out here I see they are a trip, especially when they get drunk lol. And then I don't understand how men can wear these suits and still walk out into that heat.

I will be back next year and better prepared. For 1 I won't let my family handle making reservations (trying to save me money put me away from my destination and almost ruined the experience). Anybody that's coming along with me will have to put in on it because I'm not paying for ####. It was already hard for me to save up because student loans and then I have a giant phone bill that no one else pitching in to pay. And finally, wear clothes with deeper pockets. I wear loose-fitted clothing for the most part and decided to wear shorts during the whole experience here and my camera fell out and broke (I stupidly got on the roller coaster at New York, New York). Damn near lost my phone.

I enjoyed myself though. If I go anywhere else this year it will probably be California or Florida. Edited by Magus

• 3 weeks later...
Been working in the ER and it is GLORIOUS! I'm never bored since there's always something to do, and everything I do, I enjoy!

The ENT (ear, nose, throat) Clinic is not as busy and not as fun, but it has its moments. I mostly do office work, but whenever the clinic is packed I do arts and crafts with the kids. One kid asked me to draw him some alligators:

Him: "Miss! Miss! Can you draw me alligators?"

Me: "You want more than one?"

"Uh-huh!"

"Uhhh... How many alligators?"

"ALL OF THEM."

"All of them?"

"Yeah!"

"ALL of the alligators in the world?"

"Yes!"

"..... There are only three alligators in the world."

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1342839804' post='712197']
"..... There are only three alligators in the world."
[/quote][img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lic2eqx1kt1qhy6c9o1_400.gif[/img]

• 2 months later...
HEY GUYS. LETâ??S DISCUSS SOMETHING THAT JUST HAPPENED.
My Dad just told me that between me or my sister, he thought [b][i]I[/i][/b] was the one most at risk to get pregnant out of wedlock.
WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?!
HOW EVEN-?! I DONâ??T-!
HA HA HA. IF ONLY HE KNEW THAT I AM A LESBIAN.
WAIT, WAIT. What, you may ask, was his reasoning? OH QUITE SIMPLE, REALLY. You see, I have â??forgotten my Catholic faith.â?
HA HA.
Itâ??s like a really ignorant, twisted version of Mufasaâ??s cloud-speech from The Lion King.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Well I guess in some states you really have no choice but TO get married out of wedlock :/

I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday. I think the doctors gave me too much drugs though. Perceset (SP?) AND Ibuprofen. I won't be able to feel my nose for several decades. [/font]

[quote name='Son of Nothing' timestamp='1341291352' post='712124']
Here's to you OtakuBoards. My internet home.
[/quote]

I sympathize with ya' man. This place has given me some damn good memories. Not to mention some awesome advice when I [i]reaaaaaaaaally[/i] needed it, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
There have been a surprising number of fistfights in my Introduction to Nursing class... I think I've learned to just ignore them at this point, though.

I'm pretty sure I sprained my ankle after slipping down the stairs today, but I'm hoping that ice will take care of that. At least I don't have school tomorrow because of staff development day.

[quote name='SOL' timestamp='1349810472' post='712384'][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday. I think the doctors gave me too much drugs though. Perceset (SP?) AND Ibuprofen. I won't be able to feel my nose for several decades.[/font][/quote]
When I got my wisdom teeth pulled it was relatively painless and the surgery was over in 30 minutes. What's more, I only needed the drugs for about a day but I sure as hell kept using them. Most people have horror stories about the dentist, but my experience was awesome. It's how I started watching 30 Rock.

- Shy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Am now settled in upstate New York.  Got the weekend to get everything situated and prepped, and then reporting in for work on Monday.

It was -9 F this morning.  My sodas froze.  My suits froze.  My two-gallon jug of laundry detergent froze.

It's a little cold.
Edited by Allamorph

Am now settled in upstate New York.  Got the weekend to get everything situated and prepped, and then reporting in for work on Monday.

It was -9 F this morning.  My sodas froze.  My suits froze.  My two-gallon jug of laundry detergent froze.

It's a little cold.

Well, my 17° F doesn't seem to bad any more... Upstate New York will do that to you though.

It's a little cold.

Alla, you live in my general area now! 

It's 15 F here so I'm pretty well off.