OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

Today I broke up a fight at school. Two girls were rolling around trying to rip each other's eyes out. One of them had lifted up the other and slammed her back on the ground. I had to kneel down and separate them until a teacher came to help me. The more aggressive girl tried to punch me but her arm was tangled up in the strap of my messenger bag so she couldn't move.
Later I heard the fight may have been over the aggressive girl's boyfriend. Also she has a history of violence and anger issues. Oops. O_O

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1333674305' post='711302']
Today I broke up a fight at school. Two girls were rolling around trying to rip each other's eyes out. One of them had lifted up the other and slammed her back on the ground. I had to kneel down and separate them until a teacher came to help me. The more aggressive girl tried to punch me but her arm was tangled up in the strap of my messenger bag so she couldn't move.
Later I heard the fight may have been over the aggressive girl's boyfriend. Also she has a history of violence and anger issues. Oops. O_O
[/quote]

if I learned anything from being an RA, it's that you're not supposed to touch any student, ever. you never know if they'll get an injury from you touching them and then you could be held liable. just sayin' :\

[quote name='Katie!' timestamp='1333732440' post='711305']
if I learned anything from being an RA, it's that you're not supposed to touch any student, ever. you never know if they'll get an injury from you touching them and then you could be held liable. just sayin' :\
[/quote]Same thing I learned from teaching. Though women get away with it more easily than men. Especially if they're short. Edited by Boo

[quote name='Katie!' timestamp='1333732440' post='711305']
if I learned anything from being an RA, it's that you're not supposed to touch any student, ever.
[/quote]
That didn't stop those two from trying to kill each other, though.
I think one of the girls is pressing charges against the other for assault. I had to give a statement and sign it. At least I missed the first half of Chemistry, though! :D

[quote name='Katie!']if I learned anything from being an RA, it's that you're not supposed to touch any student, ever. you never know if they'll get an injury from you touching them and then you could be held liable. just sayin' :\[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]Only if you're in a supervisory role. The reason those rules are in place are because as an RA you are a direct representative of the school, and so your actions reflect on the school. So the school can then also be sued for negligence.[/FONT]

I broke a dude's nose at school once. He'd physically and verbally bullied me for a year, along with all of his friends. I'm pretty non confrontational, so I just sort of took it and got on with my life. Then I found out that he'd kicked my younger brother in the stomach, so I broke his nose. I almost got expelled. Funny how the world works.

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1333743233' post='711310']
[font=Calibri]Only if you're in a supervisory role. The reason those rules are in place are because as an RA you are a direct representative of the school, and so your actions reflect on the school. So the school can then also be sued for negligence.[/font]
[/quote]

right, but it's still a good idea to not throw yourself into the middle of a fight regardless of your position. never know when you're gonna get a sock to the face.

[quote name='Katie!']right, but it's still a good idea to not throw yourself into the middle of a fight regardless of your position. never know when you're gonna get a sock to the face.[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]Then again, I feel a blow to the nose sort of pales in comparison to being able to keep someone from being sent to the hospital. =P[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1333812813' post='711337']
[font=Calibri]Then again, I feel a blow to the nose sort of pales in comparison to being able to keep someone from being sent to the hospital. =P[/font]
[/quote]

eh, I've gotten used to it as part of my job. I've seen countless kids who are getting sick due to over consumption of alcohol and I can't do anything about that, either.

[quote name='Katie!']eh, I've gotten used to it as part of my job. I've seen countless kids who are getting sick due to over consumption of alcohol and I can't do anything about that, either.[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]In the long term, does it matter? Nah, not really. Still gonna happen regardless, and even more in places you can't be.

But in the moment, for that person, does it matter? You bet your ass it does.[/FONT]

So, on Steam, on a certain Left 4 Dead 2 server, I keep on getting numerous invites from guys that I play with. lululul. (got 3 this past 24 hours)

According to Boo, this is because I am a girl. Playing video games.

:|

One time I started up L4D2, and I got four IMs in a row with invites. x_x One of them said that I'm the popular girl on the server. That made me laugh so hard. lolololololol

And it seems that most of the admins already like me. Success! Edited by Lyndy

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1333812813' post='711337']
[font=Calibri]Then again, I feel a blow to the nose sort of pales in comparison to being able to keep someone from being sent to the hospital. =P[/font]
[/quote]
This.
[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1333833723' post='711345']
[font=Calibri]In the long term, does it matter? Nah, not really. Still gonna happen regardless, and even more in places you can't be.

But in the moment, for that person, does it matter? You bet your ass it does.[/font]
[/quote]
And this.

I was up at 6 a.m. hiding plastic eggs outside for my little cousins to find. I had to resist the urge to hide one up a tree. Mainly because I can't climb trees since I lived in a desert most of my life and trees are in short supply there.

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1333833723' post='711345']
[font=Calibri]In the long term, does it matter? Nah, not really. Still gonna happen regardless, and even more in places you can't be.

But in the moment, for that person, does it matter? You bet your ass it does.[/font]
[/quote]

you're speaking as if I have a choice. in my contract, it says that I'm not allowed to touch any student if they are either sick, in a fight, or otherwise. if I HAD the choice, I'd be helping people left and right, but I'd rather not lose my job.

[quote name='Katie!']you're speaking as if I have a choice.[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]Haha, no, I'm speaking as if [I]I[/I] have a choice.

And truthfully, I kinda [I]don't[/I], what with being a direct representative of the Navy all the time, now, but if and when such a situation arises I'm going to be riding very hard on the "self-defense and the defense of others" clause. =P

It's just the way I'm built, hon. My natural reaction is to run towards, and to stand in between. I ... just choose not to change that reaction.[/FONT] Edited by Allamorph

[quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1333874117' post='711357']
So, on Steam, on a certain Left 4 Dead 2 server, I keep on getting numerous invites from guys that I play with. lululul. (got 3 this past 24 hours)

[/quote]
Maybe it is just because the girl usually survives in horror movies.

[quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1333874117' post='711357']

[/quote]

[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/StaticAnonymity/Screenshot2012-04-09at93251PM.png[/img]

silly [s]boyz [/s]baronz~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

and in random and therefore relevant news, I am finally officially booked to come home from Seoul on June 30th. This is very depressing. The adventure ends :(((((( sadfaaace Edited by OMNOMNOMALY

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1333901638' post='711362']
[font=Calibri]Haha, no, I'm speaking as if [i]I[/i] have a choice.

And truthfully, I kinda [i]don't[/i], what with being a direct representative of the Navy all the time, now, but if and when such a situation arises I'm going to be riding very hard on the "self-defense and the defense of others" clause. =P

It's just the way I'm built, hon. My natural reaction is to run towards, and to stand in between. I ... just choose not to change that reaction.[/font]
[/quote]

more power to ya, then!

I bought a subwoofer

It's so flippin' amazing. I have sound very low, yet it's still like BOOM BOOM BOOM.

(my camera picks up the invisible dust) And I have my subwoofer on my desk for noooowww because I don't know where else to put it. ;_;

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/lyndy05/DSC00952.jpg[/img] Edited by Lyndy

[font=times new roman, times, serif][size=2][size=3]Been listening to the SSX Original Soundtrack for almost three weeks straight, great stuff. Also I've found myself in another state of creative limbo...[/size][/size][/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif][size=2][size=3]I begin writting something (outside of acadamia) then I run into some sort of mental blockage and stop writting, then my brain keeps going but my body is just too slow to keep up with the demand, which causes me to stare at the monitor in conflict, and the cycle repeats itself.[/size][/size][/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif][size=2][size=3]Rather irritating, really...[/size][/size][/font]

[quote name='Anakoni Stark' timestamp='1334119698' post='711417']
[font=times new roman, times, serif][size=2][size=3]I begin writting something (outside of acadamia) then I run into some sort of mental blockage and stop writting, then my brain keeps going but my body is just too slow to keep up with the demand, which causes me to stare at the monitor in conflict, and the cycle repeats itself.[/size][/size][/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif][size=2][size=3]Rather irritating, really...[/size][/size][/font]
[/quote]Story of my life.