OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

Congrats Chibs! Now I look for you to truly make your mark on the world. Few things about college:

1) Be open to trying new things, but don't be afraid to stand up for your own personal beliefs
2) Weird things are going to happen on campus. Sidewalk preachers, free hug groups, protests. 
3) It's easy if you pay attention and show up to class. All those horror stories your teachers told you about college aren't true haha

Have fun! I know I did :)

New running shoes. =) So much better-feeling than those GI New Balance I got issued a couple Octobers ago.

Also am seriously considering dropping about three hundred dollars on some airsoft gear. Got several people around here interested in it, and I sure wouldn't mind some action now and again.

Congrats Chibs! Now I look for you to truly make your mark on the world. Few things about college:

1) Be open to trying new things, but don't be afraid to stand up for your own personal beliefs
2) Weird things are going to happen on campus. Sidewalk preachers, free hug groups, protests. 
3) It's easy if you pay attention and show up to class. All those horror stories your teachers told you about college aren't true haha

Have fun! I know I did :)

I can second these tidbits of advice. Not sure what part of the country you're going to be schooling yourself in, but down here in Florida (and I think lots of other places) we have this one really infamous evangelist named Brother Micah who always attracts masses of hecklers and something hilarious pretty much always happens when he and his wife are around. My first day of spring 2012 I witnessed a trans-guy strip down to his assless underwear and offer free kisses to everyone just to rile BM up. And I don't even go to a liberal arts school.

There's also a lot of free food and probably squirrels that do not fear humans. Do not toy with college campus squirrels.

• 3 weeks later...
Airsoft snow skirmish sadly aborted after two premature blown CO2 canisters.
Final score: 1:1
Achievements: Do A Barrel Roll! (tran - roll backwards through a snow drift to escape); Safe! (Allamorph - sprint and dive through a snowbank while firing)

I uninstalled LoL. The game seems too childish compared to DotA 2 when I've been playing it for a year. Mechanics are just so weird compared to Dota. Like, I have great map awareness in Dota, but in LoL, I find it impossible to keep up my map awareness for some reason. The graphics makes it hard imo. Maybe if they fix the graphics of LoL, I might reconsider it; it's kind of like DotA 1 from Warcraft 3 - shitty graphics. And the age group for LoL seems really young, when most Dota players are 17-26

I've gotten pretty high up in the brackets of Dota, but still need to improve tremendously.

And as for SC2, I really want to try it, looks like good practice for micro.

Edited by Lyndy

And as for SC2, I really want to try it, looks like good practice for micro.

You can actually create a free starter edition account to give it a try if you want. It's fairly limited but it should at least give you an idea of how the game plays and whether or not you want to buy it. See [url=http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3250656]this post[/url] from Blizzard.

I left my job at the nursing home because that was depressing and awful and I never wanted to work there in the first place and I'll never work in a place like that again.

But now I'm working in an Emergency Room and everything is beautiful and lively and I'm helpful and good at what I do. I mean, I was good at my job at the nursing home, but now I actually ENJOY my job. 

Wish I could find a job that I actually enjoy and still get paid a nice amount of money at the same time. Current job I'm at now, we don't know if our jobs are secure or not. They been firing people left and right, not to mention taking away paid sick and vacation days (we are currently going through bankruptcy), but even then I'm hoping to find a new job that's better (I'm actually hoping to get a job at one of the big 3)

kool-aidman.jpg

Sorry, LOL Cat pictures are banned, so I replaced it. That's pretty much the only rule in this thread. - Shy

Sorry, I'd buy that except Shy isn't the one with the history of altering other people's posts for his own base amusement.

Also his writing pattern is different.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKLIMgBoJzA[/media]

Trollin' at OB

The last (and unfinished) OB Podcast project ever, dated Oct.2011. Go ahead. Sing along.

There's a lolcat sittin in my thread
Gawd, I hate those things so your post I will ed-it
See how I replace every pic of yours
Pad-ded room party isn't always open doors

Text can't carry all my emotions to you
So spamming emoticons is what I'll do
I am lolling all my lols at your expense
Don't make typos or you'll end up just like CaNz

The Lounge is open, to people's mopin'
We need discussions but all we have are lulz
The threads are barebones, Devoid all of posts
The Jokes are lacking

We would have troll'd them all
Trolling at OB
You had replies to post
But you didn't, you hit delete

Who needs words when you can just post a pic
And if you don't agree I'll link you through to Rick
It's not funny no more after these years
But when you click the link, I'll prolly laugh in tears

My browser's blinking, I can't help thinking
There must be some way that I can troll some more
The chat is waving, my misbehaving,
Will lead to banning

I will Rick Roll them all! (NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP)
Rick Rolling at TheO (NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN)
You expect a cool video (NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY)
So you clicked, and got trolled (RUN AROUND DESERT YOU)

We could have troll'd them all (NYAN NYAN NYAN NYANN)
Trolling at OB
You had replies to post

BETHYBABY COMES IN AND STARTS TO SHOUT
KOREY WILL WARN ME AND THEN AL WILL THROW ME OUT
KEI KILLS ME IN THE FACE, BY MAULLY YOU'LL GET MAUL'D
THEN COMES ADAM BUT HE WILL JUST STARE AND LOL

(NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP
NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN)
Adam is a troll
(NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY
RUN AROUND DESERT YOU)
The biggest troll of all

(NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP
NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN)
of all of all of all
(NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY
RUN AROUND DESERT YOU)

We would have troll'd them all
Trolling at OB
You had replies to post

Edited by Boo

Boo wins this thread, and my heart. Yes, I'm biased.

I've spent a couple of days looking for a manga (or manga-style) artist to hire for a comic story I want to publish. It's been exhausting and has taken me to depths of anime fandom that I hadn't experienced since my days as a Digimon forum moderator here. Really gross stuff.

- Shy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today was awful. One of my very good friends died in a car accident. He ran off the road into a tree.

It's only three weeks before graduation...

And now I'm mad because the jerks that bullied him for the last four years are sitting around feigning sympathy and sadness with stupid Facebook statuses. "RIP you will be missed :("

No. I want them to be learning some sort of life lesson about not being turds to people. NOT pretending like they ever gave a crap about my friend when they treated him like gum stuck to the underside of their shoes.

• 4 weeks later...

Today was awful. One of my very good friends died in a car accident. He ran off the road into a tree.

It's only three weeks before graduation...

I'm so sorry to hear about this, chibi. That is just awful.  I hope you are okay. :(