OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Lilt' date='01 July 2010 - 09:48 PM' timestamp='1278035330' post='696293']
[b]Yay! I hope you get it. I might get a part time job at Pet Smart. Anything would be better than nothing at this point.

@Botar: What is 'Shoddy Battle'?[/b]
[/quote]

Best online, make youre own team, pokemon battle ever!

[quote name='Allamorph' date='01 July 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1278029489' post='696283']
[font="Calibri"]I suggest you abandon any thoughts of pursuing a career in literary criticism.[/font]
[/quote]
you brought it up with making fun of twilight... which i can agree with... but there are worse books... i dont see why this one even matters enough to be mad about.

[quote name='CaNz' date='01 July 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1278041880' post='696301']
you brought it up with making fun of twilight... which i can agree with... but there are worse books... i dont see why this one even matters enough to be mad about.
[/quote]

It's allamorph, you wont win, no one wins, hes that annoying.

[quote name='Botar' date='01 July 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1278042223' post='696302']
It's allamorph, you wont win, no one wins, hes that annoying.
[/quote]
That's not the reason why no one wins, bro. It's because he's usually right.

I think I'm starting to get a cold... My throat and nose feel like they're on fire and I can't see well due to my typically violent sneezes bringing tears to my eyes... Why can't I sneeze quietly like a normal person?!

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1278044388' post='696305']

I think I'm starting to get a cold... My throat and nose feel like they're on fire and I can't see well due to my typically violent sneezes bringing tears to my eyes... Why can't I sneeze quietly like a normal person?!
[/quote]

[color="#008000"]quiet sneezing? I haven't heard of that. [/color]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1278046163' post='696309']
A bit more quiet than an all-out scream would be nice for me.
[/quote]

[color="#008000"];--;[/color]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='01 July 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1278044388' post='696305']
[/quote]

id say he makes a lot of sense...but his opinion is just compatible with general thought.... like his statement basically saying i should shut up...
well... duh... everyone thinks that...

[quote name='CaNz' date='02 July 2010 - 02:30 AM' timestamp='1278052220' post='696313']
id say he makes a lot of sense...but his opinion is just compatible with general thought.... like his statement basically saying i should shut up...
well... duh... everyone thinks that...
[/quote]

Sticken ta muh guns!:annoyed:

[quote name='Botar' date='02 July 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1278047232' post='696311']
[color="#008000"];--;[/color]
[/quote]
Huh? Why the sad face, Bot?

It seems like every time I upload a photo on DeviantArt, people favorite it within seconds of it being uploaded. How do they do that?! I guess the members there like photos more than writing, because the literature usually goes unnoticed (which I guess is good regarding many of the pieces, sooo...).

[font="Calibri"]A small spider just ran across my leg. I killed it for its impertinence.

Painting room walls is a pleasant exertion. Even if you get covered with paint splips.

[font="Verdana"][quote name='CaNz']you brought it up with making fun of twilight...[/quote][/font]
I brought up the fans. I don't talk about books I haven't read.[/font] Edited by Allamorph

[quote name='Allamorph' date='02 July 2010 - 03:09 AM' timestamp='1278054578' post='696323']
[FONT=Calibri]A small spider just ran across my leg. I killed it for its impertinence.[/FONT]
[/quote]
It probably just wanted to be friends... :( Poor, miniscule spider... You never even gave it a chance...

Anyway, GEEZ, where have you been Allamorph?!

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 02:53 AM' timestamp='1278053607' post='696319']
Huh? Why the sad face, Bot?

It seems like every time I upload a photo on DeviantArt, people favorite it within seconds of it being uploaded. How do they do that?! I guess the members there like photos more than writing, because the literature usually goes unnoticed (which I guess is good regarding many of the pieces, sooo...).
[/quote]

You're sneeze is as loud as a full blown scream? ;--;

That and i just learned how to do the face

[quote name='Botar' date='02 July 2010 - 03:17 AM' timestamp='1278055038' post='696325']
You're sneeze is as loud as a full blown scream? ;--;
[/quote]
Though sometimes a wee bit louder. It really annoys me when my mother and teachers actually think it's easy to control...

I'm curious to know who went to see The Last Airbender? I'm seeing mixed reviews (I don't pay attention to professional critics or whatever) but mainly leaning towards the negative side. I never had any plans on watching it from the getgo, especially because I'm not a fan of Shamalan movies outside of Signs. Is it worse the Dragonball Evolution?

[quote name='Allamorph' date='02 July 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1278054578' post='696323'][font="Calibri"]
I brought up the fans. I don't talk about books I haven't read.[/font]
[/quote]

ill give you that, but people wouldn't hate the fans so much if everyone thought the book was worth a fan-base.
why is being in love with brad pit okay but Edward not? they are both people youll never meet.. and that they sure as hell wouldn't like you if you did.

[quote name='Magus' date='02 July 2010 - 03:54 AM' timestamp='1278057261' post='696331']
I'm curious to know who went to see The Last Airbender? I'm seeing mixed reviews (I don't pay attention to professional critics or whatever) but mainly leaning towards the negative side. I never had any plans on watching it from the getgo, especially because I'm not a fan of Shamalan movies outside of Signs. Is it worse the Dragonball Evolution?
[/quote]

1. It has a 9% rating on RottenTomatoes, if that tells you anything.

2. Have heard from all the people who has seen it that it is one of the most awful movies they've ever seen.

3. People online have said the audience booed at the end.

4. the FX are terrible

5. Racism

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 02:53 AM' timestamp='1278053607' post='696319'] I guess the members there like photos more than writing, because the literature usually goes unnoticed (which I guess is good regarding many of the pieces, sooo...). [/quote]

Which could also be said of 95% of everything uploaded to DA. Edited by eleanor

[quote name='Rachmaninoff' date='02 July 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1278081207' post='696345']
[font="Trebuchet MS"]Yes I'm late in saying this but... I miss the blue. The new emotes are fun though. They remind me of the older Thwomp's in Mario games. [/font]
[/quote]

[color="#000080"][size="2"][font="Garamond"]I miss my Geisha purple, lol.

But I dig the new emotes. Lots of fun.

BTW, don't tell anyone but I got my girlfriend her 2-year anniversary gift. I bought a little doll from Kaiserslautern and a nice card. I'm a good boyfriend :3[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus' date='02 July 2010 - 03:54 AM' timestamp='1278057261' post='696331']
[/quote]
I want to see this movie so that I can see just how bad it is. I've heard only bad things about it, so I'm interested in seeing how much Shyamalan killed one of my favorite series.
EDIT: I just heard from a friend that Shyamalan cut the Kiyoshi Warriors from the movie. I am not at all happy about that.

I am currrently figuring out that I am the best at lying with a straight face... I don't think I should be proud of this. Edited by chibi-master

[quote name='Botar' date='02 July 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1278109941' post='696367']
[color="#008000"]Oi, the movie is complete rubbish, and it s**t on the entire series. M. Night is good at ruining concepts. [/color]
[/quote]
I heard that the casting choices were crap as well (ex. Katara and Sokka being white, Shyamalan playing Iroh). So you went and saw the movie, I presume?

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 09:20 AM' timestamp='1278087608' post='696349']
I am currrently figuring out that I am the best at lying with a straight face... I don't think I should be proud of this.
[/quote]

you may not be... but i sure am! we are related after all! :]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1278113459' post='696370']
I heard that the casting choices were crap as well (ex. Katara and Sokka being white, Shyamalan playing Iroh). So you went and saw the movie, I presume?
[/quote]

Unfortunately, it was the biggest let down sense the DBZ live action movie.

[quote name='CaNz' date='02 July 2010 - 05:26 AM' timestamp='1278062778' post='696337']
ill give you that, but people wouldn't hate the fans so much if everyone thought the book was worth a fan-base.
why is being in love with brad pit okay but Edward not? they are both people youll never meet.. and that they sure as hell wouldn't like you if you did.
[/quote]

Brad Pitt is a real person, though. Edward is a fictional character who came from the subconscious imagination of a married Mormon woman.

I could blather on and on about all the unintentional symbolism and crap found in Twilight, but eh. I just think they are poorly written stories with very contrived plot lines and highly unlikeable characters. I don't think it's possible that anyone could find cobble together a decent supporting argument for the existence of Edward and Bella's relationship.

That being said, I do want to see Eclipse, but only because the commentary my friends and I come up with is hilarious, and only when it comes out on DVD and I won't be putting any more than a dollar in Stephenie Meyer's pocket. Edited by Tonks