OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Lilt' date='24 June 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1277409617' post='695935']
[b]Wow, Vaporeon? :D What a compliment! :) Forget what I asked then. XD I'll stick with how you saw me. As this:

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2corn86.jpg[/img]

And shower curtain cleaning skills? Sounds like a challenge to me. xD Maybe you could make some sort of sport or competition out of it to finally prove who's the best![/b]
[/quote]

I don't know, i see you more as a Magickarp.

JK

[quote name='CaNz' date='25 June 2010 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1277521258' post='695995']
you better be... look at her avatar!
does that face look anything short of absolutely adorable? :D
[/quote]

Looks very adorable, almost as adorable as you're flirting.

*snicker* Edited by Botar

[quote name='James' date='26 June 2010 - 03:16 AM' timestamp='1277543777' post='696005']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I've been watching Animaniacs clips on YouTube tonight. I wonder if I can get a box set of the show...[/font]
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]It does exist! We sold it when I worked at Blockbuster, wayyy back in the day...[/font]

[quote name='mapthesoul.' date='27 June 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1277562145' post='696009']
[font="Garamond"]It does exist! We sold it when I worked at Blockbuster, wayyy back in the day...[/font]
[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Hm, I will need to check that out. I assume they sell it in Region 4. I regularly go through these weird nostalgia trips. For instance, who here is old enough to remember this?

[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaEWLuVJee0"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zaEWLuVJee0[/url][/media]

I bought the DVD and, although as an adult I can see every bit of cheese dripping off this, it's also kind of weird how I can remember every frame of it. ;)

It's going to sit there collecting dust, but just owing it is kind of nice. Kids today aren't nearly as spoiled as kids in the 80's, when it comes to cartoons. :( ([i]Now[/i] I sound old!)
[/font]

[quote name='CaNz' date='26 June 2010 - 01:23 AM' timestamp='1277529787' post='695999']
i am way past flirting... i already dedicated my life to her [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Yah, probably not.

Poor CaNz, tisk, tisk, tisk. You might need rehab.

i think your just a tidbit jealous!

i look at your avatar and i smile a little on the inside once and a while knowing you will soon be stabbed...
but its just not the same as the sheer joy Lilt gives me when i see that smiling avatar with those shades.
maybe one day you will mean as much to me as that picture does Botar.... one day...

[quote name='James' date='26 June 2010 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1277565798' post='696010']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Hm, I will need to check that out. I assume they sell it in Region 4. I regularly go through these weird nostalgia trips. For instance, who here is old enough to remember this?

[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaEWLuVJee0"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zaEWLuVJee0[/url][/media]

I bought the DVD and, although as an adult I can see every bit of cheese dripping off this, it's also kind of weird how I can remember every frame of it. ;)

It's going to sit there collecting dust, but just owing it is kind of nice. Kids today aren't nearly as spoiled as kids in the 80's, when it comes to cartoons. :( ([i]Now[/i] I sound old!)
[/font]
[/quote]

[b]Wow, I was just trying to buy that off of Amazon. But it's like 80$ D:

My cousin used to watch it all the time, so I wanted to pick up two copies. One for me and one for him, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

What some people will go to just for nostalgia I guess? xD

So I hope you're glad you got a copy, James. Did it come at a reasonable price though?[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='27 June 2010 - 03:31 AM' timestamp='1277569906' post='696016']
[b]Wow, I was just trying to buy that off of Amazon. But it's like 80$ D:

My cousin used to watch it all the time, so I wanted to pick up two copies. One for me and one for him, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

What some people will go to just for nostalgia I guess? xD

So I hope you're glad you got a copy, James. Did it come at a reasonable price though?[/b]
[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]My sister and I are big nostalgia nuts at times - we buy all kinds of random crap that we will never use or watch, simply because we love the memories. A great example from recent times is when I bought TMNT II. I tried watching it and had to turn it off after only a few minutes, because I just couldn't stomach it. But if you were to go back in time 18 years or so and tell me that you could somehow mainline TMNT directly into my veins, I'd have signed the medical forms without hesitation. :P

Anyway, the copy I bought was at a very reasonable price. And it came with two discs and in some nice packaging. Thankfully a publisher in Australia cares enough to keep on selling this thing!
[/font]

UGH. I'm finally back from babysitting the neighbor's kid. She's one of the best behaved kids I've ever met, so that was nice. But the thing that wasn't nice was how late the family was in getting back home. The job was originally going to last from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., but it ended up being an hour and a half longer. At 9:30, the parents called to say that the 19 year old daughter would be home later than expected. One hour later. An hour later, they called again to say the daughter would be even later. At 11 p.m., the parents arrived home, the daughter still not there. I went on my merry way, but YEESH. 6:30 to 9:30 ended up being 6:30 to 11:00! :sick:

All this Pokemon stuff.... It's like an invasion or something...

I see talk about Animaniacs.. Now that takes me back although I do prefer Looney Toons, but Animaniacs was still good though.

Squared (polygonal? My eyes are playing tricks on me) emoticons.... Smaller than usual. Hmm.... I'll get used to them eventually. I suppose they are better than this penguin set of emoticons I've seen at this one place though.

[quote name='Magus' date='27 June 2010 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1277650786' post='696038']
All this Pokemon stuff.... It's like an invasion or something...
[/quote]
A [i]fantastic[/i] invasion, no? :smirk:

Summer just started and I already miss the crap out of my best friend...

[font="Palatino Linotype"]It's so cold here this morning! I swear it feels colder now than it did when it was snowing in Canada. :blink:

I really can't wait until winter is over. As much as I try, I just don't like winter very much. >_>
[/font]

[quote name='CaNz' date='26 June 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1277568361' post='696015']
i think your just a tidbit jealous!

i look at your avatar and i smile a little on the inside once and a while knowing you will soon be stabbed...
but its just not the same as the sheer joy Lilt gives me when i see that smiling avatar with those shades.
maybe one day you will mean as much to me as that picture does Botar.... one day...
[/quote]

[color="#008000"]Really? Ahh who cares... JK

What up with the church?:eh:
[/color]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='27 June 2010 - 08:21 PM' timestamp='1277684481' post='696070']
I was just outside. What was I doing? Swimming in the middle of a thunderstorm with icy rain pelting my head.

I want to give someone a hug, but my family isn't really on my list of huggable individuals. I think I'll go to Wal*Mart and find someone who is.
[/quote]

[color="#008000"]*hug* Now you don't need to go to Wallmart! [/color]

[quote name='Botar' date='27 June 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1277684573' post='696071']
[color="#008000"]*hug* Now you don't need to go to Wallmart! [/color]
[/quote]
Thanks, but I'm still going. Think of how people will feel when they get a hug if they were having a bad day! I can't deny them that!

[quote name='chibi-master' date='28 June 2010 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1277684481' post='696070']

I want to give someone a hug, but my family isn't really on my list of huggable individuals. I think I'll go to Wal*Mart and find someone who is.
[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Funny you mention that. On Thursday morning at EB Games on Swanston Street (here in Melbourne), there will be a world record attempt: giving the most hugs to Mario within a certain time. I think they have an hour or something like that.

So this one guy in a costume will be swarmed by hundreds of people all trying to give him as many hugs as possible! It's almost scary. ;)
[/font]