Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]So there I was in Barnes and Noble doing the proper manly thing and reading Naruto manga in a genuine effort to catch up on the series and I was doing pretty well. Then I looked over at my boyfriend and noticed he was reading [URL="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1421500167.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg"]THIS.[/URL]

Now I'm an open minded person as we all know when I'm not busy bashing poor people or the status quo, or certain national and foreign policies, but this I'm not sure what to think about. If your boyfriend prefers Shojo and you've already caught him gleefully reading/watching Vampire Knight and Chobits... Is he gay? I mean really? He already dresses very smartly, uses moisturizer, but otherwise I'm pretty sure he likes me. What do you people think? Male Shojo reading = Gay?[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
Maybe he was curious? o_O I really don't know. I don't even read enough manga to know the difference between it and other ones that would be considered more for guys. I mean I liked Fruits Basket and it's considered Shojo, I think. And I am not gay.
Posted
That cover is a bit disturbing...

Anyway, based off [i]my[/i] experience with guys who read and enjoy shoujo, I think you're safe. Most of the male anime fans I personally know actually prefer the girly anime and/or shoujo for some bizarro reason, and only some of them have been bisexual.
Posted
[SIZE="1"]lol, Chobits is actually technically shounen in the sense that Chii has boobies...although that simmers down as the series goes on, when it goes from robot girlfriend to questioning morality with machines.

Anyway, the same could be said for girls reading shounen -- does that make them lesbian? I should hope not. But yeah, like Missy said before me, there's nothing wrong with it. A lot of males like shoujo and the like for some reason...must be the pretty girls.

So yeah. I wouldn't worry.[/SIZE]
Posted
No, dear, he's gay. *flips hand forward with a pop of the wrist*

The majority of OB will not let me post the rest of what we discussed, but yes. He's playing for the other team.
Posted
[FONT=Arial]Post it. I wanna know.

Far as I'm concerned, if a guy's reading anything to see the pretty girls, then not only is he a flagrant lecher, but he's also weird as all get-out. I mean, if you're just looking to window-shop then go sit on a stinkin' park bench already. Or hang out in a high-traffic area of a college campus. Or high school campus, since that's what most of those gals look like anyway.

(I know. I tried reading them. And when my eyebrows had knitted together a certain amount, I left. [I]*shudder*[/I])

On the other hand, if he's reading it for the pretty [I]guys[/I].....

[I]*sucks breath through teeth*[/I]

...yeah. Switch hitter.[/FONT]
Posted
Your probably not gonna be able to safely come out and ask him. Although he may not hav ebeen reading it. Probably just curious by the tittle. I have been known to randomly pick up mana just to see if theres nudity in it.
Posted
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]This reminds me of something.....
[IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/4/12/128840038564176315.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, that.[/FONT]
Posted
[SIZE="2"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Nah, he's not gay. I know plenty of guys who like shoujo. I mean, look at Shin and Des! They watch girlier stuff then I do. So I think you're safe. >>
I mean, like Des said when the subject was brought up on TheO Chat: "I SUB shoujo. :p"
Oh, and Chobits was originally meant for guys, however it seemed to go over better with the girls. =P[/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]Maybe he's bisexual? Or maybe he just likes a wide variety of anime/manga? Who knows?

I wouldn't automatically say that he's gay because he reads that stuff... there are plenty of gay guys who wouldn't go near it and I'm sure there are plenty of straight girls who couldn't care less either. So it's not quite that simple.

I guess it only really matters if you think he's more interested in men than you. If that's the case, don't make a judgment based on the books he reads - ask him. In a healthy relationship, you need to be honest.[/font]
Posted
Naw, He's not gay, unless you catch him in the act wile reading it, then he's gay. The most girly manga i've read was Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, and it's really girly, but i'm not gay. But if he loves you, and LOVES you, *winks and nudges you're shoulder*, than he's alright.
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"]I agree with James. I would actually talk to him instead of assuming that reading something like that means they are gay. That just seems so silly to even think that. Unless there are other things you're not telling us that have you wondering?

Anyway, if it really bothers you, talk to him. Open honesty is the best way to go. :catgirl:

EDIT: [I]*whacks Sir Allamorph with a pillow*[/I]
[/FONT]
Posted
[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]and noticed he was reading [URL="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1421500167.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg"]THIS.[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/9135/979385971535fecd1a.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

I'm not getting anything from the Gaydar, maybe a tad bit more FABULOUS~ than normal but still nothing. Besides every guy must experience shojo at some time in their life. Its a rite of passage.[/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[size=1]I have been known to read manga featuring naked women and that doesn't make me [i]straight[/i], so therefore....

As long as he doesn't spend his nights dancing in gay clubs or something I think you're fine.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
Yes. Yes, he is.

[quote name='Jax Rhapsody']Your probably not gonna be able to safely come out and ask him. Although he may not hav ebeen reading it. Probably just curious by the tittle. I have been known to randomly pick up mana just to see if theres nudity in it.[/quote][IMG]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5025/breakingnewswhat.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5025/breakingnewswhat.jpg[/IMG]
Posted
[color=crimson]I've picked up that manga before and read it out of a general confusion as to what the subject matter of it was other than, you know, some kind of awesome boyfriend.

I would not feel threatened by this, Rai, for you are a power unstoppable by any girly mangas.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Shy'][size=1]
As long as he doesn't spend his nights dancing in gay clubs or something I think you're fine. [/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well, I hate to say this but I have some bad news in that regard...[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well, I hate to say this but I have some bad news in that regard...[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

In which case I wonder why you even ask if he [I]is[/I] gay. Anyway, maybe he was reading to try and find tips for being an awesome boyfriend to you?
Posted
[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well, I hate to say this but I have some bad news in that regard...[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][font=tahoma]Hmmm..well I have done some extensive research on the subject of "How to get someone out of the closet" and "how to tell if someone is gay" and got a lot of feedback and some instructive videos. this one [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKbELn6FD8][b]quiz here[/b][/url] or this one [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0oJUJwuFuo&feature=related][b]here[/b][/url] should do the trick. Make sure to look very closely at the second video please.

My ex boyfriend took it and failed. Guess we know what that means. Should help you out very much. kthanxbai. [/size][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]This reminds me of something.....
[IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/4/12/128840038564176315.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, that.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

lol thats exactly what i was thinking :catgirl:
Posted
[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well, I hate to say this but I have some bad news in that regard...[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Well now I'm actually curious to see what he would say if you just asked him.

I have this image of him being in bed with another man and you standing there saying "Do you guys think he's gay?"[/font]
Posted
[quote name='Ikillion'][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"] I'm not getting anything from the Gaydar, maybe a tad bit more FABULOUS~ than normal but still nothing. Besides every guy must experience shojo at some time in their life. Its a rite of passage.[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I would think there'd at least be some kind of reaction. You sure your Gaydar is properly tuned?

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.geocities.com/yuugi_kura200142/info/baku4.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Here, you can borrow mine.[/FONT]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...