OtakuBoards

Band of the Blood Moon 2: Sins of the Father

Drizzt Do'urden

Dawner sat on the side of his and Dunan’s bed pulling his long red locks into a single braid.

“Ryn said this guy was a telepath right?” Dunan said out the blue.

“Yes, she did” Dawner answered as he took off his clothes and put silk PJ bottoms on. “But I have a feeling he may even have quite a few spells under his belt.”

“Well if that’s what you feel then I’m sure you’re right.” Dunan motioned for Dawner to come snuggle next to him. “You’ve been psychic all your life, I’m sure you can take anything he can throw”

“Lets hope so Dunan, I’m the only magical defense on this team.” Dawner said getting next to Dunan. “How dare he try his minds tricks on Karyn, He better realize he’s dealing with professionals now.”

Dunan chuckled then wrapped his arms around Dawner. “Feisty tonight, are we?”

“Uhh not that feisty, Love” Dawner teased. “I have a lot on my mind…”

“Well that’s nothing a good nights sleep cant cure, even if the suns a few hours away.”

“True… good night then Love” Dawner said closing his eyes and willing his mind to stop racing.

Dunan kiss Dawner’s head. “Good night babe.”
-------------

Dawner tried his best to be silent and not wake Dunan as he searched for the magical item that would add him in gaining the ingredient he was tasked with.

“Ah there we go” Dawner said in an excited whisper. The sun was harsh on vampires and even fatal on weaker ones but the dusk shawl would shield Dawner from the rays of the sun which seemed to make him sick instead of bursting into flames.

Dawner set out with a rented camel and began his search for morning dew.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Calil looked off the balcony as Dawner went looking for something, shrugging she walked out of the room and down stairs and outside, she had left the root in a pouch that was tucked under her pillow. Walking a little ways into the desert she took a deep breath and concentrated on her hands, feeling the heat there grow she concentrated a little more and felt a surge of self pride wash over her as a small flame flickered there. When they had transferred her to this new body they didn't have the time to transfer all her specialties with it, so she had to deal with what the girl, which was fire. And that she could deal with, she just had to get the hang of it. Which is what she was planning on doing. She worked non stop, her new body holding out well, it was in good shape and she could deal with how she looked now, she was pretty. Looking over her self again, this time a little more intensely than she had the first time she sighed. Certain aspects of this body had it's downfalls, some parts of her anatomy were larger than what she was used to but that's why she was out here. It was cool but humid, and as she slowly worked to get the hang of her new found power she worked getting used to being able to move in her body as well. At first she stumbled and fell but after a little while she was doing her usual flips and slides that she had been able to do before. Happy with her self she lay down on the sand and took a deep breath. She looked up at the stars and frowned. She looked to her right and threw a rock. Hearing a curse she rolled her eyes as Penbrooke stepped out.
"I saw you leaving I wanted to make sure you weren't going hunting with out the rest of us."
She looked back up at the sky and remained silent.
"Calil, how long are you going to be like this. There's no guarantee we're going to find him."
This got a response from her, though not the one he was hoping for. Sitting straight up she glared at him, more emotion there than he had seen since she had come to the tower in tears before shutting down completely. He held up his hands as if surrendering.
"I'm just saying Calil. No one knows what happened to him. And besides, since your sister body fell through with the raid you can't exactly track him, and Karyn, well her and Draco are the only ones who can but neither of them know his scent as well as you did."
She propped an arm on one of her knees as she sat up and reached back behind her ear and pulled a cigarette from there and lit it by snapping her fingers together.
"You got the hang of than?"
She held open her palm and filled it with fire with no effort what so ever.
"Calil, what are you thinking right now? Why won't you talk to me?"
She took a drag off the cigarette and blew out the plume of smoke not looking at him as the sky in the distance starting taking on a rose hue, she didn't realize she had been gone that long. Dawner would be back soon no doubt, him and Dunan not being big on the sun he would try to be back before it got to high. She looked up at Penbrooke and shook her head. Her face still blank and betraying no emotion at all. She stood up in one fluid motion taking another drag on her cigarette she began to make her way back to the hotel. As she made her way in she over heard the assistant at the desk talking to a young man.
"...I'm sorry sir, I was asked not to give away the room number."
"...I need to know..."
"I-I'm sorry sir, I was given specific instructions that her room number was to remain confidential."
The young man looked frustrated.
"...I know Anya is here..."
Calil froze and spun on the spot, flicking her cigarette at him she stood her ground as he turned and faced her.
"...What do you want? I'm busy..."
She frowned and spoke up, her voice flat.
"What do you want with Anya?"
She remembered what Karyn had said about the man looking for Anya and concentrated all her thoughts on the motel across town just in case.
"...It's not your business."
"You a friend?"
She felt the heat welling up in her chest and fought to keep it down as he looked away and ignored her last question.
"I'm talking to you!"
Still he said nothing, she frowned more. [I]'Is this how the others feel when I don't answer them?' [/I]She watched him move away from the desk and sit in one of the chairs in the lobby. Shaking her head she made her way back out side and went around back and began to climb the lattice that went up to their room. Knocking on the window she climbed in and looked back down towards the ground. Not followed good.
"Who the hell are you?!"
She realized that Anya had been partly out of it when she had showed up in the first place and didn't know she had changed bodies. She spoke up, again, her voice emotionless and flat.
"Anya, it's me, Calil. The man Karyn warned us about is here. He's in the lobby."
She walked away from Anya and into the bathroom running the shower as hot as it would go, stripping she stepped in and put her hands on the wall leaning on them her mind racing again.[I] 'Cairo, this is where he was last...if feels like we're so close yet so far...Dean...where are you' [/I]She remained in the shower thinking.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Anya sat, her head swimming still. She knew that the psionic fucktard was down stairs, but she wanted to wait until she had sobered up before she went picking a fight.

Dunan was still sleeping, and Dawner had left to find that plant. Anya wasn't too thrilled with the fact that the guy pursuing her was just downstairs.

However, why wasn't he attacking? Anya stoodwhen Cali emerged from the shower, and got in herself. The hot water felt wonderful on her skin, although she wished she had actual arms and legs to feel even more of the sensation.

"Why would he want me? What did I do to him?" Anya searched her memories, looking for anything that possibly would be of use to know who was looking for her. However, she couldn't. So, she simply showered, sobering up some.

Anya go out of the shower, and dressed in her usual clothes, once again looking like a school girl. She pulled on her leather gloves, covering her metallic hands. Her new limbs were more streamlined, looking more like real limbs than ever before. She could hold her own against anything, but this guy put her off. She didn't know what kind of power he had. She wasn't all that interested in finding out, either. However, the thought of fighting him...... It was a real turn on. But, this guy had already tracked her to this hotel, and he would probably track her down any where in the world. Karyn was already moving about, antsy.

"Karyn.... what's wrong?"

"I... must have led him here..."

"Who cares?" Anya said. "He's obviously after me. Who knows what he'd do to get to me. The problem is that power of his....."

"He.... used it on me. He... he was looking into my head.. those eyes of his... they got some kind of power...."

"Ah... a weakness. Karyn, did he hurt you?"

Karyn looked down. "No..... not exactly."

"Fine. He did something to you.... and your clan, I'm assuming?"

"Yeah...." Karyn was looking rather ashamed.

"Then we go down and beat his head in. No one fucks with my friends."

Karyn stood up, smiling. "Alright.. Think he can face off against us two? Should we get the others?"

"Dawner is gone... Dunan's sleeping....Cali? Wanna go beat some asshole to a pulp?" Anya pulled p her black leggings, covering her legs. Standing, she let her skirt cover the remainder.

Cali shrugged her shoulders. "It sounds like.. fun..."

"Good god, Cali... Lighten up." Anya leaned over. "I don't think Dean would want to see you like this.... Let's see a smile!"

Cali looked away. "I.... have forgotten how to smile......"

"Well, a little ass whooping might cure that. Let's have us girls show that psycho stalker what's what."

Anya turned, and proceeded to the doors, the other two right behind her. On finally entering the lobby Karyn pointed out the young boy to Anya. Anya looked him over, he didn't look like much of a fighter, but he also had those powers....

He was wearing an overcoat, and it looked as if it concealed a number of things. On looking at his coat, she could tiny glimmers, almost like sparkles.

"Needles....So, he's a master of poisons, too? He's just got all kinds of nifty little tricks..."

"Well, how about you go introduce yourself? I'm kind of liking the aspect of a fight..." Cali said, her face still blank, except for a tiny trace of a smile on her lips.

"I think I will."

Anya walked over, the boy was still looking rather cross. He looked up when Anya blocked his light. She held her hand up to her face, examining her gloved hands. "I hear you've been looking for me. Well, here I am." She made a 'hmph' sound, refusing to look anywhere near his face.

"What do you want? Start talking, or the three of us are going to rip you a new asshole."

The man in fact was Yuin or rather an clone of him, but they would find this out later.
"...Anya Romanov..." he said slowly getting up from his seat. As he did Anya stared him down almost immediately. This was a mistake....
"Anya his eyes! Don't look at them!" yelled Karyn, but it was a second too late.
"...shit..." Anya said as she struggled to look away from him. Calil acted swiftly, tossing a mass of flames directly at Yuin, but to her surprise the flames were deflected away by an clone of Anya.
"What the..." Calil said stunned a bit as she eyed the mirror of image of Anya. It looked exactly like her from head to toe.
"This game is just heating up..." the clone said splitting into yet another clone of Anya. Calil could see that the real Anya was still being held by Yuin's gaze so she again prepared an attack, but was cut off by one of the now numerous clones of Anya.
"So many off them...and they all look, sound, and even smell like Anya..." Karyn growled as she prepared to fend off the clones.
"Don't bother the happy couple for a bit..." one Anya clone said in a sarcastic tone as it was joind by seven others.
While Calil and Karyn fought the clones Anya and Yuin's eyes were still locked on one another.
"W-what the hell...do you want...you freak?!" Anya managed to say. Her reply was an attack to her mind which caused her head to spin a bit.
"...do you remeber...a fight you had ten years ago..." Yuin said with a touch of anger to his voice. As Anya searched her mind she found it to be invaded by images of an female at first, but then appeared as an werewolf.
"...do you remember now...this woman who you killed?" Yuin said directly to her mind.
"...nope...doesn't ring a bell...just another unfortunate bitch..." Anya replied with a slight chuckle. This intensely angered the true Yuin distanced away so much that he lost his focus causing all the clones to phase a bit. In that instant the hold on Anya broke and she instinctively lept forward delivering an devastating punch to Yuin's face knocking him into the nearby wall.
"Dick...there's more where that came from." she said punching her fist into her other hand, but to her surprise Yuin's image started to fade away.
"What the hell is that guy...a damn ninja?!" Anya said bringing her hands to her side.
Calil and Karyn came running up from behind her minutes later.
"Are you okay Anya?" Calil said a bit worried.
"Of course I am! Damn weirdo didn't do shit." she replied with a smug smile. In truth however, all she could see was images of that woman Yuin showed her.

Miles away Yuin was recuperating his strength. Mixing together illusionary and ocular magic was no simple feat.
"...she doesn't remember...my master...Siera..." Yuin said turning towards the desert.

OOC:!!! wasnt siera the wolf chick that killed Sile!!!? ooooo epic..

“Oh come on, cant you move any faster Mr. Humpfry?” Dawner said from under a shimmering coat. He had retrieved the dew but this sun was draining all of his strength.

“Maybe I should have just asked Karyn to do this for me” Dawner sighed and fell forward on the camel exhausted grumbling his complaints for the camel to speed up.
Dawner held up the vial of morning do and as he looked at it he notice it was an aid in draining his energy.

“No wonder, I mean I’ve been out in sunlight before but this is just crazy…. So morning dew does hold some magical properties.” Dawner pocketed the vial.

The city was coming into view but Dawner was starting to feel quite dizzy. Dawner slid off the camel with a thud.

“Damn it..” Dawner groaned. “Useless magic coat…Hey…w-where are you going humpfry!?” Dawner called at the camel who was heading back toward town.

“I give you a name and this is how you repay me!” Dawner yelled crossly.

“Stupid camel… stupid dessert sun….Stupid man in shiny jacket” Dawner said before collapsing.

Anya, Calil and Karyn went back up to the room.

"Have I mentioned that I hate that guy?" Karyn asked, flopping face down on a bed. But Calil and Anya were already out like lights. They had been up most of the night, and now morning was here. Thinking of the dawn reminded Karyn that Dawner was still out. She dragged herself off the bed and over to Dunan. In a swift maneuver she picked up Dunan by his shoulders and began shaking him.

"Wh-! KARYN, WHAT THE HELL?!" he shouted. Karyn let go, Dunan landing on the bed.

"Dawner's still gone searching! It's morning already and he's probably out getting burned to a crisp!" Karyn said with concern. "Let's go find him or something! He's YOUR guy, so if he gets turned to ashes or a frog or whatever, I'm blaming you!" she tried to sound angry, but her eyes were tearing up a little.

Dunan threw on a pair of pants and a trench coat, And opened the balcony doors. Taking a flying leap, he jumps to the next building, his mind searching in ever widening circles. Finally, he found Dawner. Dawner's mind was spacey, he'd already been in the sun too long.

"Damn it..." Dunan could already tell Dawner was in trouble, He was delerious.

Dunan took off in the direction that he felt Dawner's presence. Seconds ticked by, turning into minutes.

Soon enough, Dunan came upon his Dawner, face down in the shifting sand.

Dunan picked hm up, Dawner had fallen unconcious. He was randomly saying things, making no sense.

"No, Draco, I don't wanna eat dog food!"

Dunan's brow furrowed, as he looked down. "Ok....That wasn't weird, no not at all..." Dunan picked up Dawner, and sprinted back to the hotel. The sun was rising ever higher, making Dunan ever more uncomfortable. He was glad that Dawner had been turned using his own blood, otherwise Dawner might have met his maker. Dunan's blood was a very powerful substance, but he wasn't God. It had it's limits, but for now, it had been strong enough to keep Dawner alive.

Dunan leaped up, landing on the balcony, holding the Dawner, who was still shouting more random things.

"No Mister director...... There's not enough pineapples to make a hat..."

Karyn came rushing over, her concerned face turning to confusion. "Um.... Is he okay?"

Dunan shrugged. "He got a little too much sun, but he'll be fine. He needs tobe put in bed."

Cali came over, lookng over dawner, as he shouted, " Boobies make great bongos!"

Cali looked down at her own, her confusion evident, even in her blank face. "I guess they're big enough....."

The room erupted into relieved laughter. Dawner was fine, although the things he was saying were making Dunan wonder what he was dreaming about.

Dunan lied him down on the bed, and sat down next to him. Anya came in, sitting next to Dawner.

"Figured he'd nearly get himself killed.... he was blonde at one point.."

"Shush, Anya. You're just as concerned about him as I am."

"Dunan... that guy came here."

"The one with the creepy obsession with you?"

"Yeah... I.... Don't know what to do."

Karyn crossed her arms. "We beat his head in next time we see him. I doubt he could take all of us on...."

"True.... Problem solved." Dunan commented. Dawner was beginning to come to his senses. "Are you alright?

"Groggy...... Head.... foggy..."

Dunan bit into his wrist, and held it to Dawner. "Here. This will help."

Dawner drank, his eyes becoming wider and wider, clearer and clearer.

"Now that's more like it." Dawner commented. "That's some yummy stuff."

"Vampire blood is a rare treat for our kind.... I'm not surprised you think that." Dunan shrugged. "Alright, you get some rest, and don't ever pull that again. Otherwise...." Dunan looked up at the ceiling. "No booty for you for a month."

"NO!!!!" Dawner cried. Dunan smiled, and replied. "Then don't do dumb shit like that again."

(OoC: Sorry for the long pause between my posts.)

Draco was running from the monsters. He had to make it back to the ship. He rounded the corner to an alleyway towards the ship. 5 of them was infront of him and the leader and 5 more followed him.

"Come just stand their and let us kill you." The leader said sarcasticly.

"No, I'll never let that happen till I find out who I really am!" Draco stood tall.

"Enough of this bushit. Kill him so that we can get paid." The leader said.

"This is about money? How much are you getting for killing me?" Draco asked.

"Enough to set me and my boys for the rest of our lives." The leader smirked.

"Well, yur lives are about to end." Pet said has other sailors from the ship started to gather on the roof tops.

"Tsk, back up. The great Draco needs help? Thats a first. Doesnt matter, their no match for were-wolves. Boys, attack!" The leader said pointing at the sailors.

"Draco, we'll handle these things. Kill the leader and they'll run scared!" Alex said has one were-wolf attacked him.

"I'll make you talk." Draco said looking at him.

"Ha, you won't even get close." The leader said.

"You ready?" Draco said hunching over.

"For what? Cutting your head off?" The leader said has Draco straightened back up.

"You are going to talk or your going to die." Draco had a dark aura around him that seemed to be phasing in and out of the air.

"You...you dont scare me freak. I will kill you. Guys attack!" The leader said scared out of his mind.

"Sending others to do your dirty work and taking all the credit for the kill. What a waist of space and air you are. I'm going to kill you slowly so I can get some information." Draco said has the were-wolves attacking the sailors started falling down dead.

"No, get up guys. Screw this. Im out." The leader said trying to run.

"Not so fast. Your going to tell Draco here why and who hired you to kill him." Brian said swaying his right pointing finger side to side.

"I swear I don't know who hired me but I swear on my mother that he wanted you dead because 10 years ago you and your group sealed the door to hell when 'Holdren' opened it. Please, spare me. Thats all I know!" The leader was telling the truth because he just wet his pants.

"Hmm, do you know how to use one of these?" Draco said pulling the ank out.

"An ank? Yes, I do but I'll do it on one condition." The leader said.

"Whats that?" Draco said picking him off the ground.

"I'll tell you how to use it in return for not killing me." The leader pleaded.

"Sounds like a fair deal to me. What about you Pet?" Draco said still holding him in the air.

"I agree, all right guy. Spill it." Pet said.

"Anks are simple transmitter device used back in the old days. Simply talk into it and the person or persons who have the same receivers." The leader said.

"Thanks, you kept your end of the deal. So shall I but I never want to see you around here ever again. *Pulls him closer* Got it?" Draco said.

"Yes, I'll leave." the leader said.

Draco dropped him and he ran out of town.

"Lets see. Hey, can anyone hear me?" Draco said into the ank.

(OoC: Ok, remember, Draco doesnt remember anything beyond ten years ago.)

Karyn was trying to squeeze in a nap when her ankh started making sounds. She sat up sleepily and held up the ankh.

"Maybe it's a message from Dean again!" she gasped. Listening closely, she heard Draco asking if anyone could hear him. Her eyes flew open and her hands started to tremble. "D-draco?!" she choked out.

"Yes. Who is this? How do you know me?" he replied. Kayn's eyes grew wider and her grip on the ankh tightened.

"Wh-who AM I?! How do I KNOW YOU?! It's me, Karyn! Karyn Lox?! Remember?! The one you abandoned without a word of communication for the past 10 years?!" she barked.

"I have no recollection of anything from 10 years ago, unfortunately..."

"WHAT?! How could you not remember?! How could you forget the team?! How could you forget ME?! I-I-I!"

"I'm sorry, I was injured in an explosion. I have no past memories from before 10 years ago."

"...I see. Well, while you're out trouncing around who knows where, EVERYONE in the team except YOU is here in Cairo trying to save our leader from Hell itself. But thanks for offering up that reason as to why I never heard from you. You know, I spent the past 10 years of my life worrying about you when you didn't even recall my existence, you JERK!" Karyn sobbed, flinging the ankh at the ground. She stomped over to the middle of the suite and shouted, "HEY, WAKE UP! We got word from Draco! Apparently he's an amnisiac at the moment, so yeah, he doesn't remember anyhting from 10 years ago! Some luck, huh?!" She ran to the bathroom and slammed the door shut, huddling in the shower she didn't even have running and glaring at the drain.

OC: Me: Karyn, you're being veeery unreasonable...
Karyn: ...shut up or you're eating my pancakes for breakfast...
Me: NOES! I HATE BREAKFAST! AND PANCAKES! 0o0

Dunan picked up the ankh, and began to speak.

"Draco.... Do you know who this is? It's Dunan."

"You sound familiar. I take it I.... made Karyn upset?"

"Yes.... But she'll get over it. She's a tough girl. I'm glad to know you're alive. I had thought you were killed by someone or something."

"So... all of you are in Egypt? There's more than just You and Karyn?"

"Yes.... There's Cali, Dawner, and Anya. Our leader, Dean, was captured by the bad guys."

"So.... I...." Draco trailed off, thinking. "I don't remember any of you."

Dunan smiled. "That's alright, It's just a relief to know you're okay. Where are you?"

"I'm In New Zealand...."

"I'll have our spellcaster bring you here."

"Spell caster? What?" Draco sounded confused. Dawner grasped the ankh. "Just focus on my voice, Draco. I'll find you."

Dawner had recovered nicely, but had awoken with Dunan speaking to Draco.

"Who are you?"

"It's Dawner. Now, Focus on my voice...."

Dawner closed his eyes and began reciting a spell, and then, Dunan could feel a magical tug at his body. Within seconds, Draco was yanked forth, poofing into existence right beside them. He stumbled forth, caught completely off guard.

"Magic...." He started. "Just.... Just what the hell was I involved in?"

Dunan stood up, and patted Draco on the back. "In due time, Draco. I promise. I'm Dunan, and this is Dawner. Karyn is in the shower, still upset. She really looked up to you, you know. Being forgotten.... it's something that really hurt her."

Draco looked down. "But... I-"

"Couldn't help it. It's okay. We understand. Now come here, ya big lumox." Dawner said, and then gave Draco a big hug, happy as a clam. Dunan watched with a rased eyebrow, but said nothing. "Come on... the others are waiting."

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Calil said nothing but only looked up at him and nodded, folded her arms across her chest and looked down at her feet while everyone else welcomed Draco with open arms, all but Karyn. She felt bad for Karyn, she knew how she felt and knew it was not something you bounce back from very easily. She knew that just as well as the next person. She stood up and walked out of the room as Dawner sat Draco down and started talking excitedly at him bouncing happily in his seat. She shook her head and walked out of the room not bothering to answer Anya as she yelled after her.
"Where are you going?!"
Closing the door she leaned on it and sighed. She was happy for Karyn, Draco was back, maybe things would work out better for her than they did for Calil. She pushed off the door and walked down the hall and out side, the sun blazed over head, she pulled the sand colored cloak around her more and walked out into the desert and sat under a tree, leaning back on is she closed her eyes and sighed again. Taking out her i-pod she stuck the head phones in her ears and lit a cigarette. Taking a drag she blew out the plume of smoke and relaxed against the tree looking up into its branches she sighed and let her mind wander on how things used to be. After a few moments she felt sleep over take her and was soon in her own world as she dreamed, Dean showing up more than once. Penbrooke found her under the tree he looked at the syringe in his hand and sighed.
"I'm really sorry about this Calil, but I can't stand for you to waste your life any more..."
He gently applied the needle to her neck and injected the solution into her jugular and waited with in a few minutes she began to stir, she blinked and rubbed her eyes in a child like fashion and looked up at him.
"Penbrooke? Where am I?"
He smiled, satisfied as she had a sparkle in her eyes, the hollow look gone. He held out a hand and helped her up.
"We're Cairo, remember, we're helping the others find something."
"Oh yeah, that's right, what time is it?"
"Morning. Not to early though."
She nodded and stood up, stretching she looked towards the hotel and began walking briskly towards it, a small smile on her face. She walked into the room and started making coffee. She finished it and took a mug of it and sat down sipping the hot liquid caffeine. She looked up as Dawner coughed after taking a sip. His eyes widened as he took in Calil's smile, blinking he switched his focus on the contents of his mug and paled.
"What's wrong love?" Dunan voiced.
"It's opaque......"
"Yeah sorry, I like it kinda strong..."
All activity halted and all eyes zoomed in on her.
"What? Sorry, I'll make sure Karyn doesn't get any..."
She looked nervous and than looked down into her mug.
"Why is everyone staring at me like that?"
Anya opened her mouth to make a statement and growled as she found Penbrooke's hand clapped over her mouth.
"Don't. I'll tall you guys in a minute. Hey Cal, why not go take a hot shower?"
She downed her coffee and nodded.
"Okay."
Walking into the shower she blinked as Karyn sat in the shower.
"Hey Karyn, you okay? I was gonna take a shower, but if you wanna talk I don't mind."
Karyn looked at her like she had grown an extra head but said nothing, outside the room the other(all but Draco)were huddled around Penbrooke as he explained.
"Look, Calil couldn't stay like that, it's self destructive. I had to do something, I've been developing a serum that wipes memories, apparently it works."
hasn't been able to do that."
Penbrooke sat in the chair waiting for their reactions to his deed.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yuin was still making his slow recovery walk through the desert. Even now he was still not completely at 100%. He stopped as he felt an sensation overcome his entire body.
"...this energy...but..." he was stopped as an woman wearing an cloak as white as his with long light blue hair appeared behind him.
"It's been a while Yuin. How have you been ?" the woman said still back to back with him.
"...master...how...I th-" he was cut off as she phased directly in front of him. Staring deeply into his eyes.
"Yuin...I've always told you an true illusionist can't be killed, right? I am rather touched that you would go through all this trouble for me." the woman replied with a smile.
"I see you've grown stronger..." the woman continued as she stroked his face.
"Siera...why did you leave me?" Yuin said emptily. He was staring at her with an expressionless face, but his eyes said it all. He was filled with anger.
"...."
"Answer me!"
"Your were too weak to join me..."
"...too weak? Master, my abilities surpassed your own! I-" he was stopped as Siera's gaze grew harsh. Yuin's body became numb and he found himself floating in the air. It was as if he was being choked by an invisible force.
"You were too weak then and far too young. Even as you are now you are still too weak." she said with a bit of a chuckle.
"Hmm...besides, you have far more important things to worry about...like Illiana." Siera said with a sick smile. The name struck through him like a bolt of lightning. It was his little sister's name whom he hadn't seen since his village was destroyed so many years ago.
"...I-Illiana..." Yuin struggled to say. Siera then walked towards him while still keeping her gaze square onto Yuin's eyes.
"Quite a unique coat you have. You always did prefer the weirdest clothing." she said raising a single finger to his coat. As she brought it down, the fabric ripped. She continued to do this for a moment all the while staring at him with a half-smile.
"Your sister was such a beautiful little girl. Her abilities were nothing though." she said stepping away from him. As she did the hold on him was released. Yuin stayed there on the desert floor for a second. He could feel his energy swirling inside of him. It was like a thousand needles bursting out of his skin all at once. It was already trying to overcome him in his earlier fight, but now he could suppress it no longer.
"Aww, Yu. Am I giving your body a scare? I must of frightened it with that." Siera laughed. Yuin then felt an wave of energy hit his right side followed by an intense pain. Siera it seems had slashed him.
"Not to mention that broken right arm of yours..." she mumbled with a glint in her eyes. Yuin then found himself with an broken arm, but still the energy continued to build. This is what Yuin's body does when his life is threatened. Involuntarily it will begin to build up mass amounts of energy until his entire body itself becomes that energy. Although he overall becomes quite powerful the longer he stays in the form the better his chances of death after returning to normal. This will be the second time his body has done this. The first time he broke nearly every bone in his body and suffered massive mental trauma.
"Illiana's just ahead...in the valley. So you have a choice Yu... You can attempt to fight me here or you can attempt to save your probably already dead little sister. Really it's your choice." she said smiling. Yuin decided to give in to his body's power. He had no choice either way. Slowly his entire body began to loose out an white energy that looked similar to vines from all over. His overcoat was shredded as the final vine wrapped itself around Yuin's face. The tiny needles flew off in every direction as it did. Yuin now took the form of a plant-like being. His face was the only thing visible while the rest of his body was covered by the white vines.
"That's it Yuin...she's up ahead, but you as well as her will probably be dead by the time you get there." Siera whispered as she watched him fly off towards the Valley of the Kings.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Um...okay, so Dritz left me in charge of this...so um...yeah, *ahem* Alright so here's the thing about this time we all need to meet up and have all of our items. Once we do that I'll be able to get this moving again.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Karyn stared at Penbrooke in awe. "Wait a minute! You can't just decide on your own that someone's memories should be wiped! How dare you violate Calil's mind like that!" Karyn growled. Penbrooke lowered his head a little.

"Uhm...excuse me...," said Draco. Karyn's head whipped around to face him.

"What do YOU want?!"

"When I heard the person, Dean, with the ankh, he mentioned dirt from a zombie's grave. What does that mean?"

"...A few of us got items we were supposed to obtain. Mine was wolfsbane. Apparently, that dirt is yours."

"Well, I have yet to obtain it...what happens now?"

"...Calil didn't get hers yet either. Hey, guys," Karyn said," would it be alright if I went with Draco to find this zombie dirt that way I could try to make him remember more along the way?"

• 3 weeks later...
Gabriel had been trailing the team for sometime, he'd been tracking their progress and was pleased. The timeframe for the mission had grown increasingly narrower due to some advances on the other side...

He watched as the two wolves left the building that housed Calil and Pembrooke, she was the key to releasing Dean and Gabriel knew he'd have to convince her to help him. But that new body and the lack of memories would most likely be a problem...

Gabriel slowly approached the door and knocked, if Calil opened the door he would play it nice. If it was Pembrooke he would have to incapacitate the man, his magic was one thing that Gabe feard for it was far more advanced then any of the Band could comprehend.

-----------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

The door to the cell opened much as it always did, Dean figured that it marked midday. Though it was so dark he couldn't possibly get a bearing on anything. The same demon that had been pestering him everyday stepped in, his cruel thorn whip already drawn out.

They replayed this dialogue every single day, he'd try and play nice telling Dean that he'd be released if he'd give him the ingredients. Then when Dean refused he'd beat him until he passed out...it had happened so many times Dean just grew to assume he had been killed and he was indeed in hell. Doomed to repeat this until his soul broke and he became what he'd fought against for so long.

"Dean, I'm starting to grow weary of this game. My master even moreso then I. I've been informed that today is your last chance. I've gathered a bit of news from one of our operatives that your little plaything Calil."

Dean rose to his feet at the mention of his beloved, though he feel right to the ground due to the weakness of his body from only a slice of toast and water once a day.

"Hmm, maybe I shouldn't even bother telling you this but I will anyways. Calil has been given a new body and has had a memory wipe. She has forgotten all about you, but we know all about her. We know where to find her...watch."

The monitor changed to a figure standing outside a door knocking on it. As the door crept open, a girl Dean did not know was standing there cautiously eyeing the man. As if out of nowhere a scyth attached to a chain descended out of his trenchcoat pocket. As the man turned, a giant flaming demon stepped into the picture, it was almost as big as the house they were occupying.

Dean starred in horror as what he assumed were too demons attacking the house...the screen went dark. If she had no memories there was no way she could fight. Dean curled into a ball as the first crack of the whip sounded off his back. Dean had never encountered such cruelty...

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Calil ducked back in and rolled behind a chair as the wall blew. Cursing she looked around and saw the others rushing in to see what was going on. Karyn and Draco had yet to leave and Karyn cursed as she stopped and saw the damage.
"Really? Are you serious?"
Calil ducked again as one of the demons weapons flew by her head and ducked back up yelling.
"What the hell did I ever do to you?!"
She felt frustation and anger well up inside of her and blinked as the flame came to life in her palms and cackled out a dry laugh. Throwing her hand out she engulfed the room in fire and stood ready to fight until she realized that the fire did nothing and was hit broad side by one of the demons weapons. Falling to the floor she felt blood seep from under her bangs to trickle down the side of her face.
"Great...now what..."[/FONT][/COLOR]

"Calil!" Karyn gasped. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the over-sized flaming demon's claws come scraping toward her. Karyn ducked and rolled right out the hole, now seeing the gigantic demon in full. "Uh! Uhm! G-get some water or something!(?)" Karyn shouted. Leaping out of the way of another flaming limb, Karyn glanced up at the demon. "You better have ears up there..." Karyn growled before letting out an ear-splitting howl. The demon writhed a bit before sending akick soaring toward Karyn. She tried to dodge again, but she was just a little too slow. The claws scraped her back as she was sent flying into the side of the hotel, near the hole where the wall used to be. Karyn struggled to lift herself back up, but her back was aching, seeing as the claws were also on fire like the rest of the demon. "D-dawner! Water spell; know one?!" Karyn called out.

• 3 weeks later...
(OoC: First and formost I am truly sorry for my absent presence. I'm have way too many problems with my laptop so I am using my parents desktop.)

Draco felt the swing of the flaming demon ripping through the house. Then he heard Karyn scream at Dawner to cast some sort of water spell. He felt hepless because he didnt have any special powers like Calil nor Karyn. He sure didnt have any magic thingy like Dawner.

Karyn asked for water so he got a towel and soaked it on water. Then he ran to her and pulled her out of the rubble.

"Here take the towel. Its soaked in water." Draco said handing her the wet towel.

"Thanks but you'll need alot more towels to cool him off." Karyn said pointing at the giant demon.

"I don't think towels will do anything. Is their a hydrent or a river around here?" Draco said looking around.

"Why do you need a hydrent for?" Karyn said dodging another swing.

"Hydrents are what humans use to combat fires. We can use it to combat him. We just need to find one and......." Draco was cut off by the flaming demons back hand slap sending Draco tumbling down the street and hitting the bank.

"Draco are you ok?" Karyn scream.

"I'll be fine just keep him occupied till I can find a hydrent!" Draco yelled as he searched for a red fire hydrent. If he couldnt fight it head on then a smart way would be better.

He justed hoped that their was one or at least a river.

(OoC: I'll try to post once every day or so. Also Draco is trying to make up for not being "super-natual".)

• 1 month later...
Dean had been left alone to watch in horror as the wall of the house exploded. He was not given the luxury of seeing the scene inside, but he noticed the familiarity of the man cast out into the street at once.

"Draco? So that's what he looks like shaved." Dean tried chuckling at his own joke, but it seemed so much more like something Dawner or Karyn would say that he instead choked back tears of sadness.

---------------------------------------------------------

Gabriel stood on the roof of the building next to the one that housed the team. He saw Draco get cast aside, but wouldn't offer assistance as of yet. He was actually better off.

He watched as the battle ensued, it seemed the team grew stronger but their knowledge of demons was too limited. He'd kept a bead on Penbrookes energy signature, the man wouldn't like Gabriels presence and he was the one the team would trust.

Gabe let his sythes unfold and drop from his sleeve, another explosion rocked the house and it began rocking on its foundatoin. Too many more would collapse the house and likely kill at least one, and Calil was still inside.

Throwing his hands forward the sythes lept from his grasp and flew towards the demon. As they neared their target they split apart, each coming around the demons neck in a silent, deadly dance.

As the scythes created individual half circles around the demon's neck Gabe brought this hands back, summoning the scythes back to this grasp. As he did, the weapons sprung back catching the demons neck and almost instantly severing his head. The quickly muffled scream sounded like water escaping a burning log.

As the chains repositioned themself Gabe leaped from the building, landing infront of a surprised team. He didn't smile, though he found their smoke blackened features quite amusing. "Gather your things and meet me at one hour in the inn, its unlikely our enemy will strike in a public spot. For the hour is still young, and her strength not yet revealed upon the world."

Gabe didn't wait for another word, though a second glance at Calil to confirm she would be the one to break the seal and free Dean Remington, before leaping into the shadows and disappearing from sight.

***Check the backstage for a recap incase you haven't already.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Calil looked around the blown up building gathering what little things she had left from the rubble and stopped when a pouch was uncovered as she moved a piece of rubble. Frowning she picked it up and opened it seeing the bloodroot within, it pulsed and she gasped feeling as if her body had gone numb. She frowned more as what seemed like small movies began to play through her mind. She blinked as they cleared and scowled making a beeline for Penbrooke.
"You!"
"Calil, what's the matter?"
"Don't play dumb with me you son of a bitch! You did something to me didn't you! Why is it I keep seeing a man named Dean?"
Everyone but Draco froze and looked at her, Dawner ran forward and put his hands on her shoulders.
"You remember?"
"Remember? Remember what exactly? I just keep seeing these flashes...him walking away from me...and it hurts but I can't figure out why..."
Dawner looked at the others and blinked as Penbrooke shook his head.
"She doesn't need to know. Just leave it and lets go."
Calil opened her mouth to respond but haulted in her argument at the look from Penbrooke.
"Don't ask about it Nekoi."
She didn't push it further but decided to ask Karyn or Dawner about it later on that evening. She was sure one of them would have an answer for her about it. Putting the last of her things in a small sack she threw it over her shoulder and waited for the others to gather their things together so they could move on to the Inn.[/FONT][/COLOR]

*I am SO happy we're getting this one moving again. I've missed this RP greatly. It just wasn't the same without you Dritz. We tried...we just couldn't bring our selves to go on without you.XD

Yuin continued towards the valley desperately trying to surpress the energy now bursting out of him. He could think of nothing but this 'sister' of his that Siera spoke of. The feelings that he felt for those words were foreign to him and he could not understand them so he fiercely fought against the surge trying to retain himself.
"...why do I feel like this...? he said to himself as he landed on the desert floor. He had successfully surpressed the majority of the malevolent wave allowing him to move about somewhat freely, but still his every movement was labored and with great pain.
"...my....'sister'... what is that...? ...why do I feel this sensation...?" he continued to himself.
Summoning up what felt like the last of his strength he strained harshly to once again focus his eyes and channel what magic he had left to support himself as well as search for this 'sister' of his.
"...Yuin, you are stronger then I thought huh, but I don't think it will really matter in the end...." Siera's voice echoed inside the valley.
"...you will tell me where she is." Yuin demanded, but his order was met with the tattered claws of a rather huge pitch-black hand's grasp. It viciously began to crush his body threatening to destroy him. Yuin retaliated by bursting with the power he surpressed earlier tearing the the grotesque shadow-like claw a bit leaving him to fall to the ground as still as a rock. It seems the beast's surprise strike had broken all but a few bones in his body making movement useless.
"Look at you Yuin...your broken...and near powerless. What are you to do now?" Siera's voice echoed again, while at the same time the creature appeared before Yuin. It was as black as darkness itself and towered over 20 feet. Yuin tried to move, but couldn't. He was completly immobile so all he could count upon was what magical energy he had left. The creature wasted no time as it once again lashed out at Yuin with its giant claws. Yuin quickly formed a sheet of needles before him protecting him from the full force of the attack, but still launching him to the stone walls with a crash. Yuin strained again this time creating a sea of needles from thin air around himself and swifly he surronded himself with the tiny needles making a makeshift barrier that would at least allow him some protection. Again the beast struck this time lashing out with both its deadly claws gripping the needle enclosed Yuin and to his surprise the creature seemed to not be affected by the hundreds of tiny neeedles driving their way into its skin. It squeezed harder making Yuin strain even more to keep up the barrier.
"You'll die soon Yuin..." Siera's voice echoed lowly once again, but this statement was over turned as the beast groaned in pain as its hands burst into a shower of black blood upon Yuin.
"Why you clever boy..." she said appearing in front of him just as the beast's decapitated head crashed to the ground behind them followed by a clone of Yuin.
"You had enough for a clone I see" she said waving her hand at it making it vanish.
"...where...is she...?" Yuin said crashing to the ground as his barrier of needles dropped to the valley floor.
"Up ahead, but you only have a few more breathes of life Yuin. I don't think you'll make it...." she replied with a slight chuckle. Yuin pushed his limit once again to attempt an attack towards Siera, but was quickly stopped as a blade ran through his back.
"Hmm...poor Yuin. I always thought you were nothing special and this proves it." Siera said vanishing into the valley.
Yuin layed there pondering this 'sister' and what it meant. He felt nothing else but an attachment to the word.
"...sister...sister...sister...sis...ter...." he said to himself as he began to lose consciousness.

OoC: Glad this is back in action!

Karyn grabbed a bag and stuffed in it the pouch that held the wolfsbane she had acquired. She made her way through some of the rubble and into the open. She then trotted over to Calil and grabbed her arm. Leaning closer to Calil's head, Karyn whispered, "I'll tell you more about Dean later! But for now, the basis of what you need to know is that he is someone extremely important to you, and I was completely against Penbrooke taking your memories of him away. I would have stopped him if I'd been given the chance. I'm sorry." With that she stood waiting for the others to prepare for the trip.

OOC: Hey guys! Sorry for my absence, but you know how busy I've been... Anyway, darn you, Ol' Fighter for your long post that makes mine look like crap!

"This is weird. Strange things that can take out an entire build in one hit. People who have unnatural powers. Then theirs me....." Draco stopped mid-sentence.

Another flash back came into his head has he fell to the floor. Has he lost conscience he heard a familiar voice. A voice that sounding like he new it before. She called his name has he closed his eyes.

FLASH BACK!!!

"Here, take this box." He could hear his own voice. Then the familiar voice responded back but the face was blurred.

"Whats in the box Draco?" The familiar voice said.

"Promise me you won't open it till I come back." He said.

She looked at him in the eyes.

"I promise Draco. I will not open the box. Ok a promise for a promise. You have to come back fast." The familiar voice said.

"I promise." He said.

Then an explosion, after that blank.

(OoC: Hey Chibi,its your turn. Do a little skit after I pass out and you hear Draco talking about a box.)

"Draco?!" Karyn shouted as he fell to the ground.

"B-box... The box... Inside...," Draco mumbled in his unconcious state. Karyn took a step back from Draco and grabbed her bag. As well as the wolfsbane and its pouch, the bag contained the very box that Draco had told her so long ago not to open. She hadn't opened the box or even considered doing so, such was her faith in Draco. Karyn couldn't tell whether to feel anger at Draco's delayed return or elation that he was at least beginning to remember things. In truth, she felt both.

"Whoa, Draco!" Calil gasped, kneeling down to shake him by the shoulders. After a few shakes, he came to, though he seemed slightly confused. Looking up, he saw Karyn attempting to glare at him, though she failed because of the painfully sorrowful face she made instead. Her eyes tearing up, she turned sharply and managed to choke out,

"Draco, you liar! You didn't keep your promise!"

Yuin was near death as he lay on the the valley floor as still as a stone. His breathing so soft it would appear as if he were dead. While in this state one thing was still burning in his mind and that being this 'sister' and its meaning. Yuin's body then began to move, well, his skin at least. It was as if insects were crawling from beneath his skin. This was followed by tiny holes forming all over his body and from them white vines covered in blood. Slowly the vines slithered from the holes like snakes from burrows until it seemed that the last of the crimson-white entaglement was out. The mass then began to glow an eerie white and pulsate becoming an cloud of sorts.

This was the rather unique ability that Yuin's body unleashes when death is most imminent from injuries. These vines are composed of 70% magical energy and 30% blood. They are in fact a living parasitic spell that is infused with Yuin's soul. Its purpose is to keep Yuin's physical body alive which is a bit abnormal for your average parasite, but this one in specific is of course no average bug. It instead of taking away something from its host it gives and what it gives is its magical power. It pumps it directly to Yuin's blood stream giving him quite an edge in battle due to excessive amounts of this energy. It needs a host to basically dump its own overwhelming amount of energy upon or it will die from it. This would overall seem to be a fare trade, but the host is usually destined to live a short life due to the amount of energy that is circulated constantly through the body as well as the soul. This price would come to Yuin in due time...

The cloud of vines was nothing more than a parasite looking for a new host and thanks to its unbelievable amount of raw magical energy it would be quite the match for just about anyone it came across and unfortunately it had already zeroed in on its next host... Calil.

Calil at the time was stuck in her thoughts still trying to piece everything together, but for some reason she felt increasingly tense. It was as if something was watching her she felt. Disregarding the sense she again clutched the bloodroot examining it carefully. As it pulsed the images appeared again this time a bit more distinct. She could almost feel as if everything was coming into her grasp in her mind, but was cut off as something white began to form before her. It was the parasite and it has its sights set on her. It manifested itself a few feet away from Calil. Its blood drenched vines swaying back in forth with hostility.
"What the hell...?" was all Calil was able to mutter out as the vines vanished right before her very eyes and began wrapping themselves around her body. Quickly she heated her body attemping to stop the vines advance, but found herself unable to move a muscle as a single vine appearing in front of her with an eye staring directly at her. At that moment her mind was ravaged by the parasite. It was quickly corrupting her mind and worse it was begining to control it.

Dawner could feel that something was not right in the air and what bothered him even more was that he specifically felt it from Calil's direction. Not trying to alarm the others he quietly slipped away towards Calil. As he approached her amongst the rubble he saw that she was sitting down.
"Calil...are you okay?" he said walking up from behind her.
"I'm fine." she replied rather harshly. Dawner sighed in relief at her tone and sat beside her.
"Does...this mean you remember?" he said softly. Calil said nothing to this as she stood up and walked off towards the desert.
"I guess she needs to be alone..." he thought to himself. Calil in fact was not alone. The creature that attacked her had infused itself inside her. It mimicked her without flaw and was now using her for its own purpose. Inside Calil's mind a battle was taking place that she was slowly losing.
"What the hell is this thing!?" Calil yelled. It was attacking Calil not only physically but mentally and because of Calil's memory loss and foreign body she was a most susceptible target. It was further disturbing the links she had with her mind and body. Calil was in a bit of a panic and found herself unable to fully focus. All she really could do was defend herself as the creature continued its relentless assault with its deadly bloodied white vines. She was close to her breaking point as she began to run through the darkening empty room. Her own thoughts or what was left of them screaming for her to fight, but she just couldn't. As the vines reached for Calil she nearly gave in as they wrapped around her, but her defeated thoughts left her when she heard a familiar chuckle from the vines. It was her sister's.
The creature it seems was now the spitting image of her. Calil could not beleive her eyes and again she wondered if this was that thing's trickery.
"This...a form your not scared of." her sister said to her. This continued to be a nuisance to her already tired mind.
"What...are you?" Calil struggled to say as her lips quivered a bit.
"No...you afraid...still...be not... I need your body...and mind...." her supposed sister whispered. She then floated towards Calil staring deeply into her eyes and slowly the hold on her mind was released. Calil was still a bit rattled, but was coming to her senses.
"My power...my magic...will be yours...you will help? A young human...must find...think later...or death will come...tell not...the other creatures...keep silent...demons want me...make haste...." it said now back in its vine-like cloud form awaiting an answer.