OtakuBoards

Should Lady Gaga change her name?

Darren

(I'm not sure if this should be in the lounge or sight & sound, but I know a moderator will move it if necessary)

So... I'm not one for celebrity rumors and drama and all that jazz, but I remember just after Lady Gaga had her first big hit, people were questioning if she was really a guy/transexual/hermaphrodite...

I just assumed it was natural celebrity spotlight cruelty.

But then I found this video:
[URL="http://www.phillyd.tv/2009/07/30/lady-gaga-is-a-hermaphrodite/"][LINK][/URL]

(Obviously, if speculation is correct, the video/picture is not appropriate for OB)

So, what do you think? And if the rumors are true, how will this affect your opinion of her/him?

Korey, your link didn't work for me.

Ikillion, no this thread isn't a cleaver by any means. I'm not sure how it could be. And I don't know what a Futa thread is...

I wish people would just discuss the topic. :animesigh

[FONT=Arial]Futanari are [spoiler]women in Japanese fetish stuff who have both male and female genitalia[/spoiler], so in that manner it is on topic, however token.

Also that is actually called underwear, I believe.

Also you seem to get riled rather quick. Chillax, man, it's all good in the long run. 'Sides, neither [COLOR="DarkRed"]Korey[/COLOR] nor I are known to take things all that seriously, anyway. :p[/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Er, no, I don't think Lady Gaga is a transvestite, but even if she were...why would she need to change her name as a result?

I don't even like her name - who does? - but let's face it, it's now a brand. It's what she's known as. Her bizarre clothing style is part of that brand.

Changing it would be a little short-sighted. The brand itself has power now and it works in her favour.

So yeah, I don't think any change is necessary.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I don't even like her name - who does? - [/font][/QUOTE]
[size=1]I think she should at least get some muffin points for the Queen reference.

Anyway! There's (fake) quotes stating she is a hermaphrodite, with a [i]tiny[/i] willy, but even if they're true, you wouldn't see such a big blob of flesh under her dress. Then if she were a transvestite, I'd imagine that something should either hang down or poke through the dress obviously. Though it's funny how she first says "I don't think I have panties on," because other wise there'd be a lot less of a fuss about the whole thing.

[size=5]: D[/size] fun topic![/size]

From what I've seen, I don't think she is a transvestite, but as James said, even if she was, why would anything need to change? She's already established under that name so it would be counter productive to suddenly change it.

I may not be a fan of her music, but if she turned out to be what the gossip indicates, it doesn't really change anything in my opinion.

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]So is this a clever ploy for a Futa thread? Awesome![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.digital-tv.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/borat-high-five.jpg[/IMG]
[SIZE="1"]
[I][B]High-five![/B][/I][/SIZE][/center]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]I think she should at least get some muffin points for the Queen reference.

[size=5]: D[/size] fun topic![/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Indeed.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Futanari are [spoiler]women in Japanese fetish stuff who have both male and female genitalia[/spoiler], so in that manner it is on topic, however token.

Also that is actually called underwear, I believe.

Also you seem to get riled rather quick. Chillax, man, it's all good in the long run. 'Sides, neither [COLOR="DarkRed"]Korey[/COLOR] nor I are known to take things all that seriously, anyway. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]

:animesigh No one understands my sarcasm anymore. This is what I get for not posting in the lounge in forever.

[FONT=Arial]Do I need to link "Dirty Laundry" again to make the same point? :p

[quote name='Darren']:animesigh No one understands my sarcasm anymore. This is what I get for not posting in the lounge in forever.[/quote]
No one takes you seriously, no one understand you, pick a winner, man.[/FONT]

So which is it? First you say people aren't discussing the topic, though you only had two replies... and now we don't get you being sarcastic? :blulaugh:

Here, enjoy some music and chillax. =P

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONqBj8aTMN8"][U]Poker Face[/U][/URL]

Apparently this song has been changed so ALL versions at youtube won't embed. feh

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]
Also you seem to get riled rather quick. [I][B]Chillax[/B][/I], man, it's all good in the long run. 'Sides, neither [COLOR="DarkRed"]Korey[/COLOR] nor I are known to take things all that seriously, anyway. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I find the use of this word highly humourous given the context.

That's academic speak for "I see whut u did thar"

Anyways, lemme go ahead and be more serious and discuss the topic. Both the photo and the vid are of questionable quality. Could it be genetalia? Doubt it. Even though Lady Gaga has worn some "questionable" attire, I don't think exposing one's hoo-hah (or lack thereof) is kosher, either way.

Should she change her name? No. She's a household name now, no matter how much you may hate her songs. I mean, going platinum has to account for [I]something [/I]right? Would it change the way I think of her? Probably not. I listen to Lady Gaga and she's a pretty decent musician, not just a vocalist.[/FONT]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Here, enjoy some music and chillax. =P[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][CENTER][I]I wanna hold 'em like they do in Texas Plays
Fold 'em, let 'em hit me raise it, baby stay with me
(I love it)
Luck and intuition play the cards with spades to start
And after he's been hooked I'll play the one that's on his heart

Woah~ Oh oh oh oh oh woah oh oh

I'll get him hot, show him what I got

Woah~ Oh oh oh oh oh woah oh oh

I'll get him hot, show him what I got

Can't read my, can't read my, no he can't read my poker face

(She's got to love nobody)...
[/I][/CENTER]

Before you ask, yes. It was completely and totally necessary. =D

But yeah, what Korey said. Who the crap [I]cares?[/I] I like her music, I like it quite a bit...and if she turned out to be a man, well, them's the breaks. I'd still listen to her. But I don't think she is. Small chest =/= man. [and I personally find her quite pretty.][/SIZE]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] [SIZE="4"]WHAT IS "POKER FACE" ABOUT. OH YOU HAVE A MEDIOCRE FACE SO YOU HIDE BEHIND CARDS. PLZ STOP PLAYING IT ON THE RADIO 248575646 TIMES. [/size][/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT= Franklin Gothic Medium] Caps lock is cruise control for cool. :p

Also....MUH MUH MUH MAWWWWWW[/FONT]

[quote name='Lunox][font=trebuchet ms] [SIZE="4"]WHAT IS "POKER FACE" ABOUT. OH YOU HAVE A MEDIOCRE FACE SO YOU HIDE BEHIND CARDS. PLZ STOP PLAYING IT ON THE RADIO 248575646 TIMES. [/size'][/font][/quote]

[QUOTE=Lunox][font=trebuchet ms] I got really angry at my friend last night....

And honestly, like it wasn't even "bad" music. My friend is the biggest music elitist ever, a classic p4k whore, and views any band she hasn't heard of with suspicion and generally rejects any mainstream/top 40 songs.

....She think I have bad music taste because I don't love Radiohead and Belle and Sebastion and Wilco like she does and it just pisses me off.[/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial]Be still and know that I am really vindictive and don't like double standards.

[CENTER]♥[/CENTER][/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Be still and know that I am really vindictive and don't like double standards.

[CENTER]♥[/CENTER][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] DUDE. MY RANT POST WAS TOTES DIFFERENT. IT WAS LIKE ABOUT GENERALIZING PEOPLE'S MUSIC TASTES AND INSULTING THEIR SONGS WHILE IN THE CAR GETTING A RIDE. I DON'T THINK ANYONE'S MUSIC TASTE SUX BC THEY LIKE LADY GAGA.

I AM ANGRY BC THE RADIO PLAYS HER SONG EVERY 2 SECONDS. AND KATY PERRY'S. AND THAT SONG ABOUT SOME COMET. WHICH IS WHY I LISTEN TO MY IPOD. WHICH IS THEN INSULTED BY PEOPLE I GIVE RIDES TO. LIKE NOT EVEN THE SONG I'M PLAYING, BUT MY ENTIRE IPOD AND ALL THE SONGS IN IT. IT HURTS.[/FONT]