OtakuBoards

What do you believe in?

Yookie1

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/19/FSM_Logo_on_bumper.JPG[/IMG]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]While the majority of my family is comprised of ordained ministers in the Lutheran church, I have broken away from them and fallen into Pastafarianism. That is to say, the worship of the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster.

This is mostly to irritate other people.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR=#35160f][CENTER][IMG]http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4085/edit1fullviewemperorhor.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Problem Heretics? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Lol, sweeeet!

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]John took my idea :l

Oh well. I guess I would say I believe in the basic messages of Christianity, but I don't associate myself with any Church in particular. Every church interprets the bible differently and I'd rather interpret it for myself and take what I want from it. So I guess I'm just a Christian?[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I am what you'd consider a [I]non-denominational Christian.[/I] And rather than go into a full-blown explanation, I'll kindly direct you [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-denominational_Christianity"][U]here.[/U][/URL] :3

Although back at my old church, it would have a weekly magazine that was directed for Pentecostals. and yet the church was still non-denominational...I dunno. [I]*shrugs*[/I][/SIZE]

[quote name='Ikillion'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR=#35160f][CENTER][IMG]http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4085/edit1fullviewemperorhor.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Problem Heretics? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]His will be done Brother.
[/SIZE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I believe in Karma. If you do something bad, something bad will happen back and it could happn anytime. So if I do something bad when I'm 13, I expect equal payment even if I'm 30 haha! Now if I do something good, well that should be self-explanitory, right?

As for my religious beliefs, I believe that whatever is out there, I will discover when I die. For me I'd rather not let religion hold me down. Now, I do believe there must be something out there, but I don't believe in any solid 'god'. I believe that if you live life to the fullest, take chances and do good, you'll get somewhere in life.

I also believe if you try hard you can accomplish your dreams, cheesy huh?[/FONT]

Originally Posted by [B]Raiha[/B][QUOTE] While the majority of my family is comprised of ordained ministers in the Lutheran church, I have broken away from them and fallen into Pastafarianism. That is to say, the worship of the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster.

This is mostly to irritate other people [/QUOTE]

I had no idea that was actually a religion.. THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!

[size=1]I believe in yummy gummy drops and icecream falling off tall buildings to go splat on peoples heads, much to the comic relief of some stressful situation or other going on nearby.

Just because it'd be funny.[/size]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]While the majority of my family is comprised of ordained ministers in the Lutheran church, I have broken away from them and fallen into Pastafarianism. That is to say, the worship of the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster.

This is mostly to irritate other people.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=garamond][color=darkgreen]I have one of those 'evolve' jesus-fish decals on my car. From the same site, I believe. Pretty much sums up what I believe, to the extent that I feel like discussing it with people, anyway. But I'm feelin' ya, Raiha. Dabbled in a bit of the ol' Church of the Invisible Pink Unicorn in my time, also. [/font][/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink]I believe in Harvy Dent.[/COLOR][/quote]

I believe in Arthur Dent. :P

----------------------

But, seriously though, I believe, being Wiccan, in the threefold return law. Whatever you do, it is done threefold to you. Most important rule to me. :3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=2][B][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Book Antiqua]I believe in doing things for myself rather than just sitting around hoping something good will happen. I believe that morals are pretty much the most important thing. As strange as this may sound, I also strongly oppose the idea of a god who punishes evil and rewards good, because I think that more things in life that people do are reaction, rather than action, be it subconscious, emotional, or whatever. I hate society, being the way it's set up, and am an enemy to governments, and other oppressors. I believe treatment of problems, and understanding of social issues and reason should come as a higher priority than punishment and immediate law enforcement[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkRed]. I [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]be[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed]lieve in a high human potential, much higher than what most people believe to be possible, and I believe that there is never a reason to be arrogant or greedy. One last thing, I believe that there is no winner in a war, but both sides are losers, having killed each other for reasons that are below disgusting. I am not a fan of patriotism, nationalism, or any type of group pride.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]I forgot to mention the most important belief of mine, and that's faith. Have faith in yourself, your religious faith or whatever is not half as important. You could sit in wait for something great to happen, and have faith that it will, but chances are that faith is misplaced, and things don't change themselves.[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]