OtakuBoards

Anime You Think Should Be Redone

Magus

There's been quite a few anime that's been either getting redid or getting part 2's to it as of late. Be it over animation issues, extensions, or even if you feel that the anime didn't do the manga any justice. Are there any anime out there that you think should be redone?

[b]Rurouni Kenshin[/b] - While I haven't seen any episodes after the Kyoto arc but, I'd still want to see the Jinchuu arc animated.

[b]Samurai Deeper Kyo[/b] - I've been reading this a lot lately and, when I sit down and actually think about it. From what I've seen of the anime it looks like it does follow the manga (Where did Meigera come from?). Honestly, I don't mind if it doesn't. My thing is the animation was a turn off. Don't get me wrong the characters looked decent (pretty close to the manga acutally.) but the fighting felt so uninspired till it was boring. If you don't know I'm an actionholic. I need my action to look good. I need my fights to fast and intense. SDK's fights looked entirely too stiff. I can't recall anyone's voices at the moment. (I'm talking about the dub.) All I recall is that the guy from Yugioh = Kyo. (Mumyo Jinpu ryu sounds epic from him, heh.) So yeah, the animation needs to be redone. (Or would it just be fighting choreography?)

[b]Bleach[/b] - Look at Samurai Deeper Kyo. Also the voices.. Actually, I think the voices are fairly decent. (Last episode I saw I think Grimmjow was introduced.) Takes a bit getting used to but still decent no less. My concern with the dub is the script itself. I remember bigger words were being used in certain lines and it just never sounded right and, then other times things just sounded off. I think it was Renji's va that sounded like he was answering his own question with another question when he was fighting with Ichigo. It's a small matter but sometimes those small things can be the cause of things sounding better or worst.

[b]Naruto[/b] - Errr... Look at Bleach. [size=1]Rename the series[/size]

Dragon Ball Z. what they should do is EDIT THE CRAP OUT OF IT.

Alright all the episodes with action on one side... all the episodes that consist of talking about how there is gonna be action soon on the other side... then delete all the boring episodes. also id cut out half of the in fight talking.

After that it might actually deserve half the popularity it has.

[quote name='CaNz']Dragon Ball Z. what they should do is EDIT THE CRAP OUT OF IT.

Alright all the episodes with action on one side... all the episodes that consist of talking about how there is gonna be action soon on the other side... then delete all the boring episodes. also id cut out half of the in fight talking.

After that it might actually deserve half the popularity it has.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10877"][b]Amusingly enough, this is already being done in Japan[/b][/URL]. I would not be at all surprised to see [b]Kai[/b] eventually make its way to the States.

[quote name='Shinmaru'][URL="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10877"][B]Amusingly enough, this is already being done in Japan[/B][/URL]. I would not be at all surprised to see [B]Kai[/B] eventually make its way to the States.[/quote]
i had no idea... i still wont watch it... but at least when people say "i love dragon ball Z" i wont want to hit them with random manga books...

[b]Ranma 1/2[/b] - I'd [i]wuv[/i] to see a new version of Ranma. There's still plenty of material from the manga, that never got animated. Lots of good stuff, they never saw fit to add. They might work best as OVAs.... the Musk storyline, Yama Sen Ken/Umi Sen Ken storyline, the Phoenix people (why was this never animated?).

They would all make great OVA episodes. They'd have been better ideas for movies than [i]Nihao My Concubine[/i] and [i]Big Trouble in Nekoron, China[/i]. The whole Herb storyline could've been a movie easily.

I just miss Ranma ;_;

Big surprise here, but I'm gonna say .hack, and when I say .hack I mean aaaall the .hack anime that have been made so far. SIGN, Roots, Legend of the Twilight, heck even the CG Trilogy movie could be made better.
As much as I love the .hack series to death, I realize that SIGN and Roots could've been shorter (13 episodes would've probably been perfect) and LotT... just shouldn't exist or it needs a heavy rewrite. In Trilogy's case, I actually think it should be longer. In fact, it should live up to its name and be a trilogy of movies based off the trilogy of games. Now that would've been frickin' awesome.

[SIZE="1"][B]Gundam SEED[/B] - Cut the series down to a regular 26 episode season from the 5o episode crawl it was, give characters more realistic reactions and personalities and use a decent art style (I can't believe there was only 4 years between SEED and 00) and you have, without a doubt in my mind one of the best Gundam series ever produced. If and when they got around to redoing SEED Destiny, just start from scratch while keeping continuity from the previous season because there's nothing really worth saving.

[b]Claymore[/b] - Nothing major here, the ending should be changed and the series should've kept going in sync with the manga.

[b]Berserk[/b] - Same as Claymore. I'm absolutely sickened how much the anime leaves out because the manga is so, so excellent.

[b]Gurren Lagann[/b] - OK not really. I really would love to see what the series would've been like if [spoiler]Kamina had survived episode 8 and beyond.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"][b]Claymore[/b] - Nothing major here, the ending should be changed and the series should've kept going in sync with the manga.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Agreed. Kind of sucks that the ending is screwed over because Madhouse was so faithful to the manga up to that point, but hey. At least they chose the lesser of two evils regarding the ending. The non-ending it has is much better than a potential [spoiler]Clare somehow defeats Priscilla and Isley[/spoiler] ending would have been.

[quote name='Shinmaru']Agreed. Kind of sucks that the ending is screwed over because Madhouse was so faithful to the manga up to that point, but hey. At least they chose the lesser of two evils regarding the ending. The non-ending it has is much better than a potential [spoiler]Clare somehow defeats Priscilla and Isley[/spoiler] ending would have been.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Agreed. Although she did in reality [spoiler]defeat Priscilla[/spoiler], having her beat [spoiler]Isley too[/spoiler] would've been a bit much.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Red"][B]Rave Master.[/B] The anime just doesn't do the manga justice- for one thing, it only goes through the first twelve volumes of the 35 volume long manga, which is barely even scratching the surface of the plot.

[B]Tsubasa.[/B] From what little I saw of it, it goes along great, then around episode 8 I think, it goes in a completely different direction.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Kaze'][b]Ranma 1/2[/b] - I'd [i]wuv[/i] to see a new version of Ranma. There's still plenty of material from the manga, that never got animated. Lots of good stuff, they never saw fit to add. They might work best as OVAs.... the Musk storyline, Yama Sen Ken/Umi Sen Ken storyline, the Phoenix people (why was this never animated?).

They would all make great OVA episodes. They'd have been better ideas for movies than [i]Nihao My Concubine[/i] and [i]Big Trouble in Nekoron, China[/i]. The whole Herb storyline could've been a movie easily.

I just miss Ranma ;_;[/QUOTE]

Ranma was just hysterical. Especially if you watched it as a teenager growing up in the mid nineties.

After reading and loving the [B]Gantz[/B] and [B]Blade of the Immortal[/B] mangas I was ecstatic to see them made into anime. As soon as I watched the anime I was so dissapointed, I don't even have the words to describe it. It's almost as if they took all the good things out of the manga (the [B]action[/B], suspense) and used the skeleton that was left to make an animated feature. It wasn't even that they cut it short or placed some fillers, but it really felt like the pacing and [B]mood[/B] of the anime just didn't cut it.

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]They're not even done and I know it's only an OVA, but [B]Tales of Symphonia[/B] was so... chopped compared to the game that it's downright annoying. Though my view on that could be skewered on account of the one done for [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B] being so much better. Since they didn't try to condense the entire thing into eight episodes vs a full twenty six. [/FONT]

[quote name='Kaze'][B]Ranma 1/2[/B] - I'd [I]wuv[/I] to see a new version of Ranma. There's still plenty of material from the manga, that never got animated. Lots of good stuff, they never saw fit to add. They might work best as OVAs.... the Musk storyline, Yama Sen Ken/Umi Sen Ken storyline, the Phoenix people (why was this never animated?).

They would all make great OVA episodes. They'd have been better ideas for movies than [I]Nihao My Concubine[/I] and [I]Big Trouble in Nekoron, China[/I]. The whole Herb storyline could've been a movie easily.

I just miss Ranma ;_;[/quote]

Same here, wish they would remake this one. :/ It was just pure awesomeness when it first came out~