Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
[quote name='ExcelExcel']I edited... i hope it's better.

And yes, Allimorph, that's perfect. XD

[b]As for her name, don't all asian names sound kind of the same?[/b][/QUOTE]

[center][img]http://static.open.salon.com/files/thatsracistgm751224856460.gif[/img][/center]
[size=1]
I'm pretty sure you just actually put yourself at risk of being left dead in a container of lye by the hands of Raiha.

And no. They don't.[/size]
Posted
[quote name='ExcelExcel']I edited... i hope it's better.

And yes, Allimorph, that's perfect. XD

As for her name, don't all asian names sound kind of the same?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I'll assume that's meant to be more of a joke than anything, but while certain asian cultures share similar common names there are distinct differences in the pattern and style of names for every one. Though not true of every one, Japanese names tend to be longer in length and syllables where as chinese names are shorter and have more compounding...just to name one difference.

In any case, the japanese origin of your character's name is unmistakable.[/FONT]
Posted
[FONT=Calibri]Saying all Asian languages are the same is like saying Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Italian are the same. They sound [I]similar[/I]. But they are very, [U]very[/U] different.

Interesting also to note culturally, China has kind of wanted to annex Japan for a long while now, while Koreans kind of passively hate Japan because of a very cruel Japanese occupation quite a while ago. I have a friend who became an exchange student here back in '04 who can't stand anything to do with Japan.

Be careful how you work things. This ain't anime-land in this here game.

A lot less spastic bowing, for one.[/FONT]
Posted
Well, kira is meant to be more like a street fighter than anything else. She just likes to do so in mini-skirts and heels.

I never really thought she was japanese, my take on her and how i tried to create was that she's just extremely wierd with a possible slit personality disorder.
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]I'd recommend looking up lists of Chinese names on Google. You're bound to find something you like (there are even great "baby naming" sites for this).

This way you can ensure you're choosing an appropriate name, but you'll also have plenty of options as well. I tend to do this myself if I want a character of a particular background and I can't think of a name off the top of my head.[/font]
Posted
[size=1]

My character is based off of the surname and courtesy name of a character from The Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Its really not hard at all to find an appropriate name.[/size]
Posted
[FONT=Calibri]I based my character name off of his designed lineage (half-breed) and the fact that Yu is so common a surname that it's almost worthless.

Finding it did require a tad bit of research, but then again I did put together that zodiac reference chart extension. Didn't hurt all that much and took up maybe a half hour per.[/FONT]
Posted
Wow... we're all on Xiu's blacklist....

I think we're all going to have to face Officer Psycho Bitch sooner or later.

Xen honestly would respect her for wanting to make the streets a better place. I want to know, however, if he's alone in that respect.
Posted
[FONT=Calibri]I imagine several people who might respect her enough to set up a nice assassination, and would then come to the funeral to pay their respects.

Such is the way of the world.[/FONT]
Posted
Hm. Interesting. Maybe it's just Xen, but if her went up against her, the worse he would do is beat the everloving shit out of her. He would never kill her, she does too much good, which Xen is incapable of doing. In his eyes, she truely is a good person. Xen could never kill someone like her.

Does that make sense?
Posted
oops... changed it. Now she's ready to go and slaughter bad guys.


OOOOOOO IDEA! Us as police are supposed to counterbalance you villlians right? Or are we not all villians in the sense of the word? Some of us seem like we'll all be downright evil.... but other seem like they can't help but what they do.

Are we the police officers (As us player characters) supposed to stand for true justice and hope within a world already claimed by the darkness of a species that sprints torward its obliviation like an olympic event?

Yes, I want to know the answer to this question because I really want to play. I just want to know of some of the ideas the person creating this RPG has, as well as her passions for the different aspects of this RPG. The way I see it, my character stands alone, unable to trust anyone because she is true and pure (in some aspect.. though maybe that thought on her part is just her being an air head) and truely wants nothing more than to make her neibourhood a better place. What I want to know is, for some one like her, what does the creator of all of this expect of her to do?
Posted
[size=1]

I'm pretty sure Raiha is looking for all of the characters to be more than just two-dimensional "bad guys and good guys".[/size]
Posted
[COLOR="darkorchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]The following characters hare been accepted, however even if you were, there is no true guarantee your character will survive until the end of this story. Don't feel bad, death is a good thing.

Also, if you were not accepted, fits about your lack of inclusion will not be tolerated. You may PM me to ask for an explanation but may not necessarily get the answer you wanted.

[CENTER][b]The Brotherhood of Eternal Repose[/b]
Heir Apparent: Ginling Ling-Sum as "The Silver Fairy"
NPC: Sen, Ling-Sum's maidservant
NPC: The Bear General Ginling Xia-Liu

[b]The Sisterhood Of The Serpent[/b]
Liu Fenghui as "Jade Servant of the August Personage"
Lady Mu-Rong Zhenzhen as "Lady of A Hundred Paces"
Male Prostitute: Gan Xingba as "Jade Serpent"
Male Prostitute Fei Xen as "Black Claw"
Madam Yang Meili "Yellow Plum

[b]Free Agent[/b]
Mercenary Fei Wo Han as "The Crimson Steed"
Half Breed Gabriel Yu

[b]Officer Of The Law, SFPD[/b]
Detective Lieutenant Sebastien Bastien" Besson[/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT=Calibri]I am going to consider my acceptance as 'pending' considering my sheet is as of now incomplete. I am currently having to reconstruct it mostly from memory right now, since my OS has forgotten it exists and anything on my hard disk is inaccessible until I can either reboot with a recovery disc an hour and a half away or find a way to slave it to a functional hard drive and do some file rearranging.

It's all very irritating.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]I am going to consider my acceptance as 'pending' considering my sheet is as of now incomplete. I am currently having to reconstruct it mostly from memory right now, since my OS has forgotten it exists and anything on my hard disk is inaccessible until I can either reboot with a recovery disc an hour and a half away or find a way to slave it to a functional hard drive and do some file rearranging.

It's all very irritating.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]

Excuses are like assholes, Alla.
[/size]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Unless I'm mistaken, and I very well could be, both Malkav and Allamorph's characters are played by Takeshi Kaneshiro. How interesting.
[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Affliction'][FONT="Tahoma"]Comes in all shapes and sizes, but stinks no matter what?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]

Everybody has one and they all stink.[/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...