OtakuBoards

[OFFICIAL] The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2009 - Nominations

Shy

[center][size=6]Otaku[b]Boards[/b] Nifty Fifty[/size]
[i]2009 Nominations[/i][/center]
Welcome to the OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2009! In this thread we will continue our grand tradition of awarding various aspects and members of our totally nifty community. Those of you new to the idea may have some questions...

[size=4][b]What is it again?[/b][/size]
To put it simply, it’s a list of the fifty members, threads, or things that have made theO's community great (‘nifty’) in the past year (that includes theOtaku and OB). You, the members, are going to nominate your favorites here in this thread, and the fifty best nominees will be chosen for the list.

[size=4][b]So whoever gets the most nominations wins?[/b][/size]
No. It’s about quality here, not votes. Make sure that your arguments are strong in your nominations, because that will be the deciding factor.

To make sure that members from every clique and segment of the site is fairly represented, The Nifty Fifty Committee will be secretly assembled to compile the final list, The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2009.

[size=4][b]What kinds of things should be nominated?[/b][/size]
Anything, really. Members who really stood out this year, threads that had a big impact, great memories, current events that affected the boards or the main site in some way. Use your imagination, as we like a very broad spectrum of things to be present on the list.

[color=red][size=4][b]What are the new awards?[/b][/size][/color]
It has been decided that people do in fact like a popularity contest! As a result we are having public voting for certain categories of members and threads. These new awards are separate from the list of 50, although it is likely you'll see the same names on both lists. These new awards are: [b]Member of the Year[/b], [b]Male Member of the Year[/b], [b]Female Member of the Year[/b], [b]Staff Member of the Year[/b], [b]Otaku of the Year[/b], [b]Funniest Member[/b], [b]Storyteller of the Year[/b], [b]Thread of the Year[/b], [b]RPG of the Year[/b] and [b]World of the Year[/b].

[size=4][b]How do I nominate/vote?[/b][/size]
I’m glad you asked! Here’s the simple form required for a nomination:

[quote]1) What is it?
2) Why was it nifty?

Additionally you may vote for any of the awards. A full explanation of your vote is not required for these, merely a name. (You may vote for the same item in multiple categories.)

1) Member of the Year:
2) Male Member of the Year:
3) Female Member of the Year:
4) Staff Member of the Year:
5) Otaku of the Year:
6) Funniest Member:
7) Storyteller of the Year:
8) RPG of the Year:
9) Thread of the Year:[/quote]

That’s it! In the past we have prevented each member from nominating more than ten particular items, but this year you are welcome to nominate as many items as you would like. Post your nominations right here!

All nominations are due by January 31st. The final results will be posted a few days after.

[size=1]-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"]Who is it? [B][B]Allamorph[/B][/B]

Why is he nifty?

Allamorph is a sage of knowledge, a constant prankster and overall a good person to know. For better or for worse, Allamorph will always be two things: Honest and Direct. The amount of things he has done for Otakuboards are numerous and fantastic. It has been a pleasure to know him.

Now for my other nominations:

1) Member of the Year: [B][I]Chibi Master[/I][/B]- This little ball of engery constantly contributes to the site and has been a pleasure to see grow from her noob days.

2) Male Member of the Year: [B][I]Rachmanioff[/I][/B]- Rach is the ever vigilant mod in the Lounge, and always starts new threads and even contributes to several others in his section. He is always very polite and overall is a wonderful gentleman to know.

3) Female Member of the Year: [B][I]Taperson[/I][/B]- Taperson always has the dopest signatures and avatars. Very ecletic, but it works, somehow. Plus she is constantly contributing to the Random Thoughts and Photo threads.

4) Staff Member of the Year: [B][I]Petie[/I][/B]- Petie has done sooooo much for OB this past year. People may not always see what us mods do behind the scenes, but I guarantee you that even less people see the little contributions that Petie does for the site in terms of technical support and adding new features to the site.

5) Otaku of the Year: [B][I]Sangome[/I][/B]- Gome is always around the site and while it may be fangirling over one thing to the next, Gome is always a pleasure to talk to and her wit, charm and overall likablility make her a wonderful person to know. Definitely a fixture here at OB.

6) Funniest Member: [B][I]Allamorph[/I][/B]- He packs so much wit into one sentence than most comedians do in their entire stand-up routines. Easy pick.

7) Storyteller of the Year: I don't really venture too far into the Anthology, but I'll nominate [B][I]Ace[/I][/B]. His Phoenix Wright parody is downright funny, and very well told. Ace's writing is very belivable and his grasp of the English language is superb.

8) RPG of the Year: [B][I]Shinigami Dance[/I][/B]. Any RPG that goes on for multiple years should be nominated to be RPG of the year. You can't begin to describe the dedication of those involved with the storyline. Makes me wish I was a part of it, lol.

9) Thread of the Year:[B][I] The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts[/I][/B]. Because it's the only thread where anything goes (pretty much).[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Member of the Year: [B]Overlord Gavin[/B]- Who else would let their employees come into work half an hour late on Christmas?!:catgirl:

Male Member of the Year: [B]Ace[/B]- Who else makes me brace my sides whenever I see that they've posted for fear of laughing so hard that my ribs bast out at fighter jet speeds and possibly cause bodily harm to those in the same room as me?

Female Member of the Year: [B]taperson[/B]- She makes me feel all fuzzy and happy la-dee-doo with her constant happiness. Not to mention the passionate fury I feel whenver she is wronged and therefore NOT positive in T.P.R.P.T that we all hold so dear.

Staff Member of the Year: [B]Korey[/B]- He sets his pics to "stun" and his moderation to "PWNsome".

Otaku of the Year: [B]ChibiHorsewoman[/B]- Cripes, have you [B]seen[/B] how many popular anime threads she's gotten up?! It takes a Chibi #1 thread to get my scarred self back to the anime forums after the terror I experienced with the Naruto manga...

Funniest Member: [B]Ace[/B]- Seriously, do I have to go through the whole jet engine velocity ribcage boomage? HE'S FREAKING FUH-NEEE. HOW MANY WAYS ARE THERE TO SAY IT?! *twitch* I mean, come one, his attempts to verbally bash Gavin are quite hilarious to watch, if only for the whole him going down in fiery flames of Overlord PWNage.

Storyteller of the Year: [B]Ace[/B]- You know, it really is incredibly painful for me to nominate an anti-Sith Lord sympathizer for so many things, but the raw truth is that he is a person of many talents. And it just so happens that storytelling and humor usually go hand in hand.

RPG of the Year: [B]Band of the Blood Moon[/B]- This RPG was my LIFE for so much of last year. No matter how many times it hit a dry spell, it was back up and running at some point. It took many months of blood, sweat, tears and PMs to complete this lovely RPG that I hold so close to my heart. Not only did this RPG produce a great tale of supernatural wonders, but it also forged some of my strongest friendships. Drizzt, KG, Dragons Wolfie, Inuyasha Fandom, Takuuya, Nessaja, ExcelExcel, and Ol' Fighter (who just recently joined the seuel), you are a pleasure to RP with and I hope we can make the sequel just as memorable as the original.

Thread of the Year: [B]The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts[/B]- Psh. HAVE YOU BEEN TO THIS THREAD?! Besides, I wouldn't be a very good mascot if I didn't nominate it, now would I?

Hey, I just remembered!

Who is it?
[B]Every member that answers the calls of the needy in the Art by Request sub-forum![/B]

Why are they nifty?
Without their superb artistic skills and will to aid those in need of avi/banner sets, I personally would be without one! My pleasure at having a visual identity on teh internetz would be null and void!

Who is it?
[B]Mr. Maul[/B]

Why are they nifty?
Even though he claims to be the most ignored member, he sure does do a lot to get his twisted self embedded in our minds! Why, he even sent me a birthday PM! And though it wasn't very heartfelt at first glance...
[QUOTE=Mr. Maul's PM][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]
Only three more years before I start taking what you say seriously.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
It was still very touching! :)
[QUOTE= Also from Mr. Maul's PM][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]
Good luck![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

What is it?
[B]The fact that so many members don't know how to spell my username correctly![/B] :)

Why is it nifty?
There is almost nothing so amusing as to sit down and count the many ways people have misspelled my username. It adds a sense of excitement whenever I get to say, "Wow, [I]that's[/I] a new one!" And it has pushed me to always be sure of what I'm typing when using another member's name in a post.

What are they?
[B]All of the Nifty Fifty nominations and those who nominate them.[/B]

Why are they nifty?
[B]Because they open one's eyes just a little wider to the greatness of our lovely little otaku community.[/B]

Who is it?
[B]Shy[/B]

Why are they nifty?
[B]Dude. He created the Padded Room Party thread. He should be granted eternal life for that alone![/B]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Kay, hopefully we can pick and choose what stuff of the year to vote for, 'cause on some, I have noooo clue...

[B]1) What is it?[/B]
The Padded Room Party

[B]2) Why was it nifty?[/B]
Because it's a general spam thread and a whole boatload of fun, and really got me more active on the site.

...I'll have to think of members later. D: That's really really hard.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]I shall be putting mine up piecemeal as I think of them. For now,

[B]1.) The Boner Thread[/B]

Submitted under the title [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60831"][COLOR="Blue"]Two Points Of View[/COLOR][/URL], this ballsy topic asked us to examine ourselves in a most . . . unique way. Most of us declined in favor of cracking nut jokes. Like that one.

Also I got to slap a big fat TMI sticker on it.[/FONT]

funniest member... [B][U]Alamorph[/U][/B] for his [B]hard [/B]work in the boner thread.

Thread of the Year: [B][U]The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts[/U][/B]: it gives everything meaningless in the world a whole new meaning, conversation starter.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]I'd like to vote for [COLOR=RoyalBlue]taperson[/COLOR] as female member o' the year, as well.

Also, I'd like to throw [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=835436&postcount=15"]this[/URL] out there, too.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]
Also, I'd like to throw [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=835436&postcount=15"]this[/URL] out there, too.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Speaking of throwing things out there, [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=845003&postcount=2631"]click.[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Calibri]Speaking of throwing things out there, how about giving the thread containing each post (and in the second case the post in question) so the people running this thing don't have to either waste hours of their time searching for them or disallow the nominations because of the aforementioned waste of time?

Just figurin' it would be a nice thing to do while you're tooting your own horns and all. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]Speaking of throwing things out there, how about giving the thread containing each post (and in the second case the post in question) so the people running this thing don't have to either waste hours of their time searching for them or disallow the nominations because of the aforementioned waste of time?

Just figurin' it would be a nice thing to do while you're tooting your own horns and all. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]But that's my favorite thing to do... & I highly doubt they'll waste hours of their time doing that ;)

Don't take things too seriously. It's the internet!

Anyway, I'd also like to nominate [B]the Lounge's lack of people who suck.[/B] This there were a lot fewer members with bad internettiquette (lolwut why did I use that word, it's so dumb) than the past coupla years.

Yep.

Edit

[b]People who write in colour[/b]
because they make OB a happier place

[b]Interactions between Mr. Maul & chibimaster[/b]
Because they are always hilarious

[B]Rachmaninoff[/B]
Because you can never have enough news stories[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='taperson'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Speaking of throwing things out there, [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=845003&postcount=2631"]click.[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=845049&postcount=2639"]Post 2639.[/URL]

[color=deeppink]Wut.[/color]

[SIZE="1"]Aye, can we keep all the nominations in a single post please guys. Makes it easier to tabulate all of them so we don't miss anyone's votes by accident.

And yes, as I promised to nominate that thread it will receive one.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][URL="http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=845049&postcount=2639"]Post 2639.[/URL]

[color=deeppink]Wut.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="1"](I seconded the nomination a few posts later.)

O_O

I'm done posting in this thread now, no worries ^-^[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=lucida fax]

[b]1) What is it?[/b]
The artists who respond to and fulfil requests.
[b]2) Why was it [color=#0D6DC7]nifty[/color]?[/b]
Because they make the boards look pretty, by using their awesome skills to prevent skill-less people from using MS Paint to make cheap hurtful banners. It's all about the gfx, y'know.

[b]1) What is it?[/b]
John's Good/Evil system idea
Because with the Good/Evil system it might finally be possible to see what people actually think of you, but then in a nicely dressed manner! Plus, it makes us look more lively and fun than we actually are.

[b]1) What is it?[/b]
The Graphic Worm 2009
Because it's so pretty and cool.

[b]1) What is it?[/b]
[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=844642&postcount=5][u]Post 844642, by Dragons Wolfie[/u][/url]
Because thanks to this post I know why petty theft is so dangerous, and I could use that information to make several people laugh. (like Ace, who's probably the official funniest member of OB when the voting's done! Yay!) Plus, it's a post the CIA would be proud of. This man (?) is a true citizen.

[b]1) What is it?[/b]
[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60681][u]Did I just screw up?[/u][/url]
Because for some reason someone went back there to replace all their posts with "10char" which I thought was pretty nifty, considering the title is "Did I just screw up?" So yeah.

[b]1) What is it?[/b]
Not-Utah
Because [url=http://ih2.redbubble.net/work.2648136.1.ts,482x482,teal,mens,fafafa.jpg][color=#009999]Utah is more like Ublah.[/color][/url]

[b]1) What is it?[/b]
Gavin and Boo
Because Gavin is Gavin, Boo is Boo, and Gavin and Boo are Europe.

[b]1) What is it?[/b]
MewMew
Because she can do a Chiquita dance like no other, while still being one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

[b]1) What is it?[/b]
Guild Wars revival
Because there hadn't been playing as many Otakus Guild Wars at the same time since the QKT was abolished, and this was awesome and scary at the same time, because I was gained in on way too quickly by all others. But it was a bit of quality time that you wouldn't have anywhere else on the web. <3

[b]1) What is it?[/b]
IT'S OVER 9,000!!!! (James' post count)
Because it gave the members an excuse to apply their nerdiness in an excessive manner... The staff being the worst of it in [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60818]secret threads in secret alleyways that shall remain secret for anyone not-staff[/url].

:^D

[b]1) Member of the Year:[/b] Sara
[b]2) Male Member of the Year:[/b] Shy
[b]3) Female Member of the Year:[/b] Delta
[b]4) Staff Member of the Year:[/b] James
[b]5) Otaku of the Year:[/b] MewMew
[b]6) Funniest Member:[/b] [color=#0D6DC7]Shy[/color]
[b]7) Storyteller of the Year:[/b] Raiha
[b]8) RPG of the Year:[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60281]Otaku Sin City[/url]
[b]9) Thread of the Year: [/b] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60209]The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2008 (Final)[/URL]
[b]10) Event Master of the Year:[/b] Gavin!!!
[/font]
[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Hours?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=lucida fax]Yes, now shh.
[/font]

[SIZE=1]08:12, might as well get a couple of votes in while I'm barely awake.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60332"]Woody Harrelson's Awesome Excuse[/URL]
[B]
Why was it nifty?[/B]
Why isn't it Nifty ?

[/SIZE][SIZE=1][B]Who is it?[/B]
Indi
[B]
Why is she nifty?[/B]
Because she's put up with me for yet another twelve months without exercising that ban hammer of hers. Also the whole marriage thing and the Dr ****-Cat jokes she takes so well. :p
[/SIZE][SIZE=1]

[B]What are they? [/B]
Lolcats
[B]
Why were they nifty?[/B]
Pretty much defined humour for quite a bit of last year.

Raiha
[B]
Why is she nifty?
[/B]Heck of a writer, heck of a gal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B]Who is it?[/B]
Boo
[B]
Why is he nifty?[/B]
Because this site needs more Europeans, so we can eventually enact our plan to overthrow the boards and form [I]EurO[/I]taku[B]Boards[/B] where the letter "u" will be mandatory in words like colour and "z" restricted to make Scrabble harder.

Beth (SunfallE)
[B]
Why is she nifty?[/B]
Possibly the most hardworking staff-member in the entire community between TheO and OB, also it goes without saying she's an exceptionally friendly person (although not a lover of big dogs)

[B]Who/What is it? [/B](Yes I'm allowed combine a vote)
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=846578&postcount=3"]John and his Good/Evil idea for the Reputation System[/URL]

[B]Why is it Nifty?[/B]
If we ever introduce a Rep system, it's this or nothing for me.

[B]Who is it?[/B]
[/SIZE] [SIZE=1] James

[B]Why is he Nifty?[/B]
Because his presence means OB continues to exist for one, but also because he's a great guy.

[B]What is it?
[/B][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0"]This Clip[/URL][B]

Why is it Nifty?
[/B]Watch it and you'll know.

[B]Member of the Year

Male Member of the Year
[/B]Magus, as without him I'd have nobody to discuss the latest manga releases with.[B]

Female Member of the Year
[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1][URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=34661"]chibi-master,[/URL] because that much energy should be split between two people really.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=1][B]Staff Member of the Year
[/B]Aaryanna for all her hard work over the last twelve months.
[B]
Otaku of the Year
[/B]Shinmaru.
[B]
Funniest Member
[/B]Ace, it was a toss up between him and my other zany minion for who made me laugh the most but seeing as I already voted Josh in the Storyteller category it's only fair I give him this one.
[B]
Storyteller of the Year
[/B]Shy for all his hard work on Almagest, which would proceed much faster without lazy bastards like me. :animeswea[B]

RPG of the Year
[/B]The Almagest Expedition, again it was a toss up between this and Shinigami Dance, so I did the obvious thing and picked the one I was actually part of.
[B]
Thread of the Year
[/B][URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60276"]Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts[/URL]. [/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B]What is it?[/B]

Why it's the Padded Room Party!

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

Because you can rant, you can laugh, you can sing, you can dance (if you want to. You can leave your friends behind) and you're never off-topic. Unless you post lolcats.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

'Tis teh Boo!

[B]Why be he nifty?[/B]

He's our very own anthropomorphic blob of weird, a little Boo can spice up any conversation.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Ambrose Burnside

[B]Why is he nifty?[/B]

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/24/Ambrose_Burnside2.jpg/455px-Ambrose_Burnside2.jpg[/IMG]

Because Gai Daigoji's pitiful lamb chops have nothing on this facial hair. Look at that, he could choke a mule with his mustache.

1) Member of the Year: chibi-master, she's energetic and peppy and against my better judgment, I've laughed at a lot of her material.

2) Male Member of the Year: Korey. Always helpful, always funny, always there to whack me one when I'm being a moron. Thanks, bro staff.

3) Female Member of the Year: Sangome. Just the right amount of barely contained crazy to manage to successfully utilize sarcasm on the internet as well as moderate a section bound to be filled with fangirls (being one might help.)

4) Staff Member of the Year: SunfallE. Between her work here and her work over at TheO itself, she's got her hands full, but she's really good a juggling, so it's all good.

5) Otaku of the Year: Robin Williams. I hear he'd volunteer to play Professor Oak if there was a live-action Pokemon movie.

6) Funniest Member: Allamorph. Half the time you don't even know why it's so damn funny for a good 30 seconds.

7) Storyteller of the Year: Raiha, both for being the only person besides me to actually contribute to the Anthology since I was put in charge of it and for somehow managing to retroactively traumatize me in one of her latest stories.

8) RPG of the Year: The Great Rebellion, the first RP I've actually been involved enough in to not make myself look like an idiot and/or ruin for everyone else (hopefully I'll be able to apply this to Almagest sometime soon.) Also, it's a fresh take on the Pokemon universe that manages to be both realistic and fantastic at the same time.

9) Thread of the Year: The Padded Room Party. See above.[/FONT]

[size=1][color=darkred]Hey, I got a nomination. :)

[b]1) Member of the Year:[/b] chibi-master (I almost forgot your name "coughs")
[b]2) Male Member of the Year:[/b] Ace, Gavin
[b]3) Female Member of the Year:[/b] Sangome, chibi-master, taperson
[b]4) Staff Member of the Year:[/b] OB Staff
[b]5) Otaku of the Year:[/b] I don't recall anyone nerding out last year
[b]6) Funniest Member:[/b] Ace. Look at the Naruto manga thread
[b]7) Storyteller of the Year:[/b]
[b]8) RPG of the Year:[/b]
[b]9) Thread of the Year:[/b] Padded Room

I know I'm forgetting something/one I can't think of at the moment.[/size][/color]

[B]What is it?[/B]
Desbreko's screencaps
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B]
No matter the situation, there is always a fitting screencap somewhere in Des' collection. Plus, he spammed a buttload of 'em in the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=839067&postcount=66]Anime Out of Context thread[/url] once, which was silly good fun.

[b]Who is it?[/b]
Shinmaru
[b]Why are they nifty?[/b]
For being a generally cool guy and helping to keep Anime Central alive. Specifically he's always posting those Anime Season threads, like a good li'l devoted otaku. How he splits his time between watching loads of anime [I]and[/I] movies, I'll never know.

[b]What is it?[/b]
[url=http://www.theotaku.com/news/view/982/naruto%2C_meet_spider-man_and_his|your_boss]The news nugget about Naruto Shippuden airing on Disney XD[/url].
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b]
Seeing all the fans sperge out in the comments was hilarious. It actually reached 135 comments, which is one of the highest on any news nugget to date.

[b][b]What is it?[/b][/b]
Otaku Jeopardy
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b]
It was a fun little game that Korey hosted, with new topics every week, and it was pretty cool getting a flashy title for winning. It also turned me into a competitive little monster for awhile, which only happens when I really get into things. I see that as a good sign.

[b]Who is it?[/b]
chibi-master
She’s pretty darn active on OB, and she’s always making those holiday threads. ALWAYS! That’s some good dedication for you right there. Plus she was ballsy enough to make the “That Time of the Month” thread. Kudos to her!

[b]What is it?[/b]
[url= http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60831]The “Boner” thread[/url]
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b]
For one, the title of the thread itself was hilarious considering the content. “Two Points of View”? Who would ever suspect that it would be about boners? And then of course, the way the thread evolved (or devolved) fairly quickly into nothing but stupid jokes.

[b]What is it?[/b]
Movie Sign
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b]
It’s currently the only chat-related weekly meet-up that’s still going. Somehow it managed to get people coming back almost every week for more Mystery Science Theater 3000 goodness. Also, Movie Sign celebrated its 1st anniversary in ’09; that’s kind of a big deal.

[b]What is it?[/b]
The OtakuBoards’ Graphic Worm
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b]
Have you seen the thing? Why [i]isn’t[/i] it nifty? It’s always awesome to look at it grow throughout the year, and then when it's finally over it’s cool to see the kind of journey the whole thing went through.

[b]Who is it?[/b]
TimeChaser
He’s real easy to talk to, and he’s willing to help out members if they need it. He also manages The Watercooler.

[b]Who is it?[/b]
Foof #1 and Foof #2, aka Hiko and redjacketalchemis
They constantly live up to their Foof names, always getting caught saying something awkwardly funny or making some kind of hilarious spelling error. Always count on a Foof to phail!

[b]What is it?[/b]
April Fool's Day prank, aka The Cullen Cancer
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b]
Seeing everyone with Edward Cullen themed avatars was great and it created a lot of hilarious freak-outs. Also, Shinmaru somehow managed to get himself stuck with the Cullen Cancer as an avatar in chat FOREVER!

[B]Member of the Year[/B]: Adam for being the creator of theOtaku and generally improving the site.
[B]Male Member of the Year[/B]: Allamorph; just… Allamorph.
[B]Female Member of the Year[/B]: AnimeArchAngel; she’s always energetic, having fun and fun to talk to.
[B]Staff Member of the Year[/B]: SunfallE; she has to deal with so much, it’s crazy.
[B]Otaku of the Year[/B]: Sangome, ‘cause she’s kinda the resident fangirl (in a good way!).
[B]Funniest Member[/B]: Ace for being a total goofball and almost always making me laugh when he’s around.
[B]Storyteller of the Year[/B]: Wayward Warrior for writing his epic theO fanfic.
[B]Thread of the Year[/B]: This one’s kinda obvious… The Padded Room Party. It has let people communicate and share their random thoughts, in an organized way of course.

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]
[B]1) Member of the Year:[/B] At the risk of sounding absolutely cliche/copping out...every member that contributes on OB. Good or bad, it makes the site active and generates discussion both on and off. Keep on rockin', guys.

[B]2) Male Member of the Year:[/B] Ace. Apparently we're rivals or something? I dunno, begrudging voteback. *smacked*

[B]3) Female Member of the Year:[/B] Tie between taperson and chibi-master, both always have such sunny, light posts that can bring a smile to anyone's faces.

[B]4) Staff Member of the Year:[/B] Beth (SunfallE), cause she has to deal with so much both here and theO [more so theO, but I digress], and I don't think I'd be able to handle even half the stuff she does. Hats off to ya for your constant hard work. <3

Yeah that's all I got again BUT IT'S SOMETHING. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"](Since I fail at OB.) I give you my theOtaku-themed nominations:

[B]Who is it?[/B]
AnimeArchAngel
[B]Why is she nifty?[/B]
Because, though she is one of theOtaku’s younger members, you can’t always tell; she surpasses a n00blet stage that many of her peers cannot seem to escape, and she manages to do so humorously.

[B]What is it?[/B]
Movie Sign
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Though I don’t personally attend, this Chat event has been going steady for over a year and has a dedicated following.

[B]What is it?[/B]
Becky’s Block Busters
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
When a writer is stuck or simply wants a challenge, this archive of prompts (located at The Writers’ Bloc) is available to help him or her push on and write that fiction!

[B]What is it?[/B]
Captions
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
It consistently (or not so consistently) pulls together the would-be humorists of theOtaku for a weekly (maybe) session of how funny/awkward/inappropriate can you be with the provided [strike]Desbreko[/strike] anime image.

[B]Who is it?[/B]
Desbreko
[B]Why is he nifty?[/B]
He’s Desbreko. ‘nuff said.

[B]Who is it?[/B]
redjacketalchemis
[B]Why is he nifty?[/B]
Because his name is incomplete. Also, he is frequently in Chat, fun to be around, dedicated to the site, and is hard-working on his fan dub projects, despite the occasional computer explosion set-back.

[B]1) Member of the Year:[/B]
[B]2) Male Member of the Year: [/B]
[B]3) Female Member of the Year:[/B] Indi (She pulled a most awesome prank on Adam involving an icon and a magical girl transformation. What better reason do ye need?)
[B]4) Staff Member of the Year:[/B] SunfallE (I can't think of very many people who would put up with what she has and still be polite about it.)
[B]5) Otaku of the Year:[/B] Sangome [strike]Curtiss[/strike] / [strike]Shino[/strike] Miss Anonymous (When it comes to fantarding or fangasming, I trust the utter excitement to come from either of these two. (Especially if the fandom is [I].hack[/I] or the [I]Tales of[/I] series.))
[B]6) Funniest Member:[/B] Allamorph (Though sometimes vaguely or directly insulting, no one can toss out such a spin of humor at the most opportune of times.)
[B]7) Storyteller of the Year:[/B] Nehszriah (After a series of leaps into the archives of Block Busters together, I have come to discover how well this female fanboy wields her craft. She is particularly gifted with dialogue, and she is the snarky war to my sappy romance.)

-May edit more in later.[/FONT]