OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

[color=darkslateblue] Eh....I don't know exactly when, but it's sometime during the fall. Or when school start again. Or something. They'll be playing re-runs of the already shown episodes, though.

Note of Nina's voice: She sounds like a 12 year old. :/[/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue']Note of Nina's voice: She sounds like a 12 year old. :/[/color][/quote]
I didn't think she sounded too old (although Elicia definitely sounded much older than she should have)... but the deliberate childishness of her speech pattern just drove me batty. The cutesy-talk thing wasn't nearly as exaggerated in the Japanese version. Although on the whole (or at least based on the sub track up to episode 8) I must confess that I still prefer the dub.

Did the Japanese on-air version of episode 25 use a variant ending sequence? I ask because the episode 7 ending showed stills of Nina, Alexander, Al & Ed (at least on the DVD--I don't think they played the special ED when the episode aired on AS). So I figured something similar might have been done for episode 25 as well. AS just had scrolling credits with a black screen & some random background music.

~Dagger~

[color=darkslateblue] The episode 25 I have (fansub) basically shows [spoiler] a sequence in which the military is having his funeral, and in the end Roy cries, but all this goes on while the credits appear in the corners of the screen.[/spoiler] I guess AS had to edit it or something.[/color]

Guest Almighty_Mugen
Adult Swim dosnt edit a thing. Funimation does all the work. And yeah they did cut the Japanese text out of that episode...[spoiler]I personaly liked the credits rolling while the funeral took place....Not sure why but it had a deep feal to it...In the dub version I cried when Huges' daughter was saying her line[/spoiler]....I dont know...actualy hearing it in english seemed to be sader than listining to it in another language and reading what she said...Either way it was a sad and good episode :animecry:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy] I really don't want to talk about that ep but I must. I just watched it yesterday and again today. I was really upset that [spoiler] Hughes died. Well I knew he was going to die because someone told me he would. I cried harder though when the little girl was saying," Mommy, why are they buring daddy? If they do, then daddy won't be able to get back to work." And much more.[/spoiler] Great, I'm crying again. :animecry:

BlackTigerGurl[/Font][/Color]

Did anybody else notice that they edited out the blood when [spoiler]Scar was killing the guys who were rampaging the camp? But then they didn't edit out the blood when Hughes died, to me that doesn't make sense.[/spoiler]

@Lunox: Yeah, they are big fans, that seriously is all they talk about at school =_=

They're not showing anymore new episodes after last saturday's? Well that sucks. I was really excited about hearing Paninya's (<-- Is that right @_@) english voice.

[COLOR=blue]I'm still alive, and reading every post, but it feels useless posting since everyone discusses better than I do. T_T That, and I have no time, heh.

Anyway, I just checked out AnimeFringe again. Everyone should really head over to this month's mailbox section to read only a fraction of the e-mails they recieved regarding FMA. Unfortunately, none of them really hit the problems with her article. Regardless, I thought it was amusing the way her arrogance can be seen just from her responses to these.

*nods* It was such a promising article, but she just got too desperate. Ah well...

As for Dagger's question about the end, the black screen and the credits rolling was the "alternative ending." They had a military-style theme at the beginning, which was suitable. Then they went back to the first ending song if I remember correctly. (OT: I don't think any ending works as well as the first one did/does.)[/COLOR]

Guest rmustang_luver
Does anyone here think Mustang is hot????? :animeblus Did I just say that??? :animeshy:

Guess I'll be the first to post in on the 26th ep. I knew we'd get a 26th ep, should have called it earlier,heh. Since GITSAC had one more ep to go, there was no way they were not gonna show about FMA ep. Kinda sucks since ep 25 would have been perfect for FMA's season to end on.

[spoiler]
Interesting how both FMA and GITSAC had a major character killed
[/spoiler]

Last minute thoughts on ep 25 and thoughts on 26:
[spoiler]
Yep pretty sad, the coolest character in FMA died doing what he could, he was really starting to get badass with those knives too. We also got introduced to another deadly sin, sloth. We saw the other three a few episodes back, but who knows which person is matched with which name. Nothing I can say about voices that hasn't been already said, I personally didn't notice anything wrong with em though.

As for ep 26,
man is Winry good with a wrench, not only is she good at making things with her tools but she's also pretty dangerous with em. The old mechanic remembering Pinako was hilarious, curious how she got so short from the image that guy had.
The relationship between Ed and Winry is interesting to say the least. Winry's relationship with the Elrics adds a layer to the anime that I'm not sure is good or bad. Winry wants to know what's going on with them, but they can't tell her no matter what she does. She was gonna completely break down if Al didn't show up with some guests. Now we have to wait a couple months to see why Al and Ed are so scared of their teacher and why she's come for them.
I'm also curious how they'll react when they finally get the news.
[/spoiler]

Dagger said: [spoiler][color=#000000]So did Envy kill Maria Ross and take her place? Or was the person who saved Hughes actually Envy from the beginning?[/color][/spoiler][size=1]

[/size][color=DarkGreen][size=1](The spoiler-tags die if you quote properly)

[/size][/color] [color=DarkGreen][size=1][spoiler]Envy was disguised as Ross, but didn't kill her, as she appears in later episodes. It's a while since I saw that episode, but didn't Lieutentant Hawkeye save Hughes?[/spoiler]

Something Leofski mentioned to me the other day, which freaked me out a little: how cute would a plushie or otherwise cuddly toy of Shou Tucker be? I find it deeply disturbing to find myself wanting one. Anyone got contacts in the toy/anime merch industry?
[/size][/color]

[quote name='Blackjack][color=DarkGreen][size=1]Something Leofski mentioned to me the other day, which freaked me out a little: how cute would a plushie or otherwise cuddly toy of Shou Tucker be?[/size'][/color][/quote]
I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Especially if they got his English VA (Chuck Huber) to re-record some of Tucker's catchphrases for a squeezable talking version. :animenose

Of course, this is coming from the person who desperately wants a Nana (from Elfen Lied) doll with [spoiler]detachable limbs...[/spoiler]

Anyway, now that you know just how depraved I am, thanks for replying to my post. I'm happy that [spoiler]Maria[/spoiler] is still in the show (hm... that probably didn't need to be marked as a spoiler, given that believing she died would require misinterpreting what actually happened, but oh well). And I'm definitely going to enjoy hearing Mitsuki Saiga in one of her rare female roles, once the DVDs catch up to this point.

As for episode 27: [spoiler]Wow, Ed & Al's teacher looks like a real hard-***. It sounds as though she only recently realized that they attempted human transmutation. Although so far their fear of her seems mostly comedic.[/spoiler] Like Noside, I'm wondering what'll happen when they hear about [spoiler]the death of Hughes.[/spoiler]

~Dagger~

[color=darkslateblue]

???

Has AS decided to continue FMA? I thought they hadn't even finished dubbing the rest of the series. I was told by many people that it would stop airing after episode 25 because of the catching up Funimation had to do.[/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue']Has AS decided to continue FMA? I thought they hadn't even finished dubbing the rest of the series. I was told by many people that it would stop airing after episode 25 because of the catching up Funimation had to do.[/color][/quote]
FMA isn't on next week (it's being replaced by Samurai Champloo, which everyone absolutely must watch!), so it looks like the news about the break holds true. It's just that episode 26 is the stopping point they're using, rather than episode 25.

~Dagger~

love this anime.

until i get subtitled version of it, i'm watching what cn is showing. yes, i know most dont like it when cn airs an anime because they think they've butchered it. actually it's the censor people but we'll not go into that. i only saw one ep of the sub version and it was ep 10, it's the one titled somethinng along the lines of alchemist be thou for the people. true, the american voice actors arent going to sound the same as the japanese seiyuu, oh well. but in imho, i think that the dub version was quite well done. even though i'll still watch the sub version over it.

just out of curiosity and since i see no spoiler button. [spoiler]did ed and al's dad make the homoculi(sp?)? the reason i ask is envy says he cant stand ed because he has his blood in him. so it made me think the person that created them and the only other person i can think of is their dad.[/spoiler] i could be wrong though.

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]There is no spoiler 'button' as such- you have to use [[COLOR=red]*[/COLOR]spoiler] and [[COLOR=red]*[/COLOR]/spoiler] tags, without the [COLOR=red]*[/COLOR]. Please be mindful of what you could be revealing to everyone else who hasn't yet seen that far into the series. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

[QUOTE=Dagger
[spoiler]Wow, Ed & Al's teacher looks like a real hard-***. It sounds as though she only recently realized that they attempted human transmutation. spoiler]
~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
Yes in chapter 3 (the mineing town) AL says " what happen if our teacher found out what we did............. S-SHE'd KILL US!"

QUOTE=Lunox][color=darkslateblue]

???

Has AS decided to continue FMA? I thought they hadn't even finished dubbing the rest of the series. I was told by many people that it would stop airing after episode 25 because of the catching up Funimation had to do.[/color][/QUOTE]

They stoped it for a little along with GITS for awhile intill Funimation makes some more episodes, so Samurai Champloo will be there intill around aug-dec (around the time FMA will start)

[spoiler]Ed and Al have been tracked down by their former master. She is angry that her apprentices went against her teachings and degraded themselves by becoming dogs of the military.

Back at Eastern headquarters, Mustang has officially received his transfer orders to start work in Central City. As a farewell gift, Mustangs requests that he be allowed to take along some of his subordinates. His request is approved.

On a train headed back to Dublith, Ed and Al are tied together while their teachers sit in a diner eating. Winry is surprised that their teacher is so beautiful, but Ed tells her that they have met before. They officially became her apprentices at Resembool.

Realizing that studying on their own had its limits, the brothers decide to seek a teacher. That night, there is a heavy rain that may collapse the river banks. The two head out to help and using their alchemy they seek to repair the leak in the sandbag dam. It is here that they witness the power of a woman who, using no transmutation circle, constructs a barrier that saves the river bank.

Impressed by her skills, Ed and Al beg to become her apprentices. She asks to borrow the two for trial training to see if they are worth being taught alchemy and if they have the talent.

All around the East, many of Mustang's subordinates are receiving phone calls. Assembling in his office, Mustang informs the five members that they will be transferred to Central City with him.

Finally arriving in Dublith, Ed and Al get the chills when they think of what will happen to them. Watching Izumi-sensei, the brothers learn an important lesson. They should fix whatever they can with their own hands instead of relying on alchemy.

After fixing a toy train for a group of boys, Manny comes running to her say that Chico is in trouble. The cat is on the roof with a dog barking from below. Ed scales the wall and see that Chico has given birth to a litter of kittens but has lost her life in the process.

Suddenly, a kitten slips and tumbles off the roof, but Ed saves it using alchemy. Saddened by Chico's death, Manny is told by Izumi-sensei that everything in this world flows in a continuous circle.

Alone with Izumi-sensei, Ed and Al face their teacher once again. Realizing that Al's armor body is empty and Ed's arm and leg are made of auto mail, she asks if Ed and Al have seen "it". She asks to hear what happened, and Ed explains that they transmutated their mother.

After taking a beating, Ed and Al are hugged by Izumi-sensei.
[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=Dagger]FMA isn't on next week (it's being replaced by Samurai Champloo, which everyone absolutely must watch!), so it looks like the news about the break holds true. It's just that episode 26 is the stopping point they're using, rather than episode 25.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy] So....their going to brang bak F.M.A. right? And what happened on episode 26? I think i missed it.[/Font][/Color]

FMA I really did enjoy this show as much as I could.I really liked the charters Ed and Al.But, I would have to say Roy was my fave,he plays a small role so far.I think this anime has alot of emotion and feeling put in to it.I did however cry when [spoiler]the good guy hughs died[/spoiler].Oh that was sad I think alot of people were really upset about that.But when one comes to close to finding the truth that does tend to happen I guess. And I just fell in love with the music its really good I think I like ready Steady go.I can't wait for the boxset for FMA comes out dubbed!

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]PLEASE use spoiler tags when revealing information about the show. This has been said before so many times it's getting ludicrous. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

[quote name='BlackTigerGurl][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy] So....their going to brang bak F.M.A. right? And what happened on episode 26? I think i missed it.[/Font'][/Color][/quote]

FMA and GITS are coming off the air after episode 26 to be replaced by Champloo and Metropolis (and maube Paranoia Agent.) FMA will move to weeknights and play reruns. Both shows will be back on Saturdays with new episodes around NovemberSamurai Champloo has 26 episodes total (episode 26 airs this coming Saturday in Japan). It will play in its entirety in one run.

as for episode 26
[spoiler]Ed and Al have been tracked down by their former master. She is angry that her apprentices went against her teachings and degraded themselves by becoming dogs of the military.

Back at Eastern headquarters, Mustang has officially received his transfer orders to start work in Central City. As a farewell gift, Mustangs requests that he be allowed to take along some of his subordinates. His request is approved.

On a train headed back to Dublith, Ed and Al are tied together while their teachers sit in a diner eating. Winry is surprised that their teacher is so beautiful, but Ed tells her that they have met before. They officially became her apprentices at Resembool.

Realizing that studying on their own had its limits, the brothers decide to seek a teacher. That night, there is a heavy rain that may collapse the river banks. The two head out to help and using their alchemy they seek to repair the leak in the sandbag dam. It is here that they witness the power of a woman who, using no transmutation circle, constructs a barrier that saves the river bank.

Impressed by her skills, Ed and Al beg to become her apprentices. She asks to borrow the two for trial training to see if they are worth being taught alchemy and if they have the talent.

All around the East, many of Mustang's subordinates are receiving phone calls. Assembling in his office, Mustang informs the five members that they will be transferred to Central City with him.

Finally arriving in Dublith, Ed and Al get the chills when they think of what will happen to them. Watching Izumi-sensei, the brothers learn an important lesson. They should fix whatever they can with their own hands instead of relying on alchemy.

After fixing a toy train for a group of boys, Manny comes running to her say that Chico is in trouble. The cat is on the roof with a dog barking from below. Ed scales the wall and see that Chico has given birth to a litter of kittens but has lost her life in the process.

Suddenly, a kitten slips and tumbles off the roof, but Ed saves it using alchemy. Saddened by Chico's death, Manny is told by Izumi-sensei that everything in this world flows in a continuous circle.

Alone with Izumi-sensei, Ed and Al face their teacher once again. Realizing that Al's armor body is empty and Ed's arm and leg are made of auto mail, she asks if Ed and Al have seen "it". She asks to hear what happened, and Ed explains that they transmutated their mother.

After taking a beating, Ed and Al are hugged by Izumi-sensei.
[/spoiler]
does anyone read MY post :flaming:

yup, i read. thanks for posting that.

ah, that sucks that it wont continue until november.*coughbootlegscough*thanks for the spoilers but then again i like to be spoiled. is that shown all in that episode or not.

They stopped so that Funimation Studios could complete the dub.

I looked for information regarding when it would start up again, and this was the only thing that I could find:

[i]Animated series Fullmetal Alchemist returns with a new season beginning Saturday, Feb. 12, at 11:30 p.m. (ET, PT). The 30-minute action-adventure series from Japan tells the story of two brothers who have mastered the art of alchemy, though at considerable personal cost. Edward lost his leg, and Alphonse lost his entire body. But Edward is able to enclose Alphonse?s soul inside a suit of armor but at the cost of his right arm. Equipped with a replacement mechanical arm and leg, and a near mastery of alchemy, the brothers set forth on an adventurous quest to find the fabled Philosopher?s Stone to restore their bodies to their natural state.[/i]

[url=http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=7&message.id=59&jump=true][i][u][color=darkslateblue]source[/color][/u][/i][/url]

I seriously hope that the new season gets pulled back a few months. I don't want to wait 10 months for new episodes! It almost seems like they're waiting for the DVDs to catch up. Looking at how long it takes Ocean to dub Inuyasha episodes, it shouldn't take 6-8 months to dub 25 episodes.

Um, that article you found was refering to moving FMA up to an earlier timeslot 4 months ago.

Anyway, the new season will likely begin around fall. The two main options are for it to either replace Inu-Yasha premieres or for Champloo to have a midseason cutoff. But it will return, and the reruns are airing at 1 AM from Monday-Wednesday.

Damn, now I feel stupid. :animestun Weird that they would use the wording "new season". But the dates match when they decided to move every show up aways to include something from the comedy block. Well, it wouldn't be the first time that they screwed up. I've corrected them with calling the shikon jewel the "Jewel of Four Seasons" on press announcements a few times.

In that case, I imagine that we'll be seeing new episodes sometime during the August-October-November time frame.

[quote name='Bloodseeker']In that case, I imagine that we'll be seeing new episodes sometime during the August-October-November time frame.[/quote]
That sounds good. Not that I don't wouldn't love to see the second half of the show now, but at least this will give the DVDs a chance to start catching up (and as I won't be home till August anyway, it's nice knowing I won't have to worry about getting someone to tape FMA for me during the rest of the summer).

~Dagger~

[COLOR=#503F86]Better late than never, I have finally fallen in love with Fullmetal Alchemist.

The first DVD volume has finally been released in the UK, and I've watched the first three episodes so far. I was going to try and pace myself so I wouldn't be waiting in painful anticipation of DVD 2 (not out here till July, damnit!) but I couldn't help it, heh. I had to see how Ed and Al came to be how they were.

On first impressions it's an amazing series- even the first episode of Naruto didn't affect me as strongly as FMA did- I found it shocking and hilarious in different points and I was really impressed with the dubbing, too. I've never been an avid fan of Vic Mignogna- I've never found him to be that expressive in his roles but he does well and hasn't annoyed me thus far. Al sounds really cool too, heh. There's always a risk that young voice actors'll be too twee or grating but Aaron Dismuke is easily the best I've ever heard. There's such a depth in his portrayal of Al.

The only problem I've had with FMA was spending about two hours trying to correct myself over which of the two were Ed and Al. If someone asked me I'd still not be 100% sure, and I don't know why that is. Just me, probably.

I'm far too scared to look over anything that's already been said in this thread (I know I've had to cover up spoilers in some posts already... didn't really appreciate having to do that), so until I can actually say more about it I'llhave to leave it here, heh.

Damn Cartoon Network for not getting Adult Swim over to the UK...[/COLOR]