ChibiHorsewoman

Is it pop or soda  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is it pop or soda

• Pop
    • Soda
    • Who the hell really cares I'm thirsty
    • Whiskey

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]I call it soda.

I don't always drink soda, but, when I do, I prefer Dr. Pepper.[/color][/QUOTE]

I see what you did there...

I wish I had some cream soda right now, actually. But I can't seem to find one up here that tastes like it did in Texas...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Miss Anonymous' date='10 February 2010 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1265787314' post='690605']
Being born and spending my childhood in California, I call it soda. Always will...
[/quote]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]Yeaaah...me too. Even though I'm now joining the Navy and will probably be shipped to a country where they call it something in a language totally not my own it's going to be soda all the way.

And I'm a total snob about mixing my sodas or getting the really nice or different things. There are wine snobs and beer snobs, and baby I'm a soda snob. I get mine from BevMo because my boyfriend has a killer employee discount. If it's not a Sprite with copious amounts of squeezed in lemon, or a Blackberry/Raspberry Izze [which isn't really a soda but it has some carbonation so there], I'll generally be very iffy on it. I loathe Pepsi and all of it's bastard children. And I really am a sucker for microbrewed batches of really really delicious root beer. That being said I don't have it often. You might've noticed my two favorite choices were not precisely sweet. Yeah it's a tastebud thing. Sour good. Really sweet bad. This is why I hate Ramune. I TRIED PEOPLE![/color][/size][/font]

It's funny that you mentioned the Minnesota thing.

My friend Haru lives in Minnesota, and about a year or so ago I was talking to her, and said "Hold on, I'm gonna go grab a soda".

She went "Soda? SODA? People actually it that? o__o I've never heard that outside of movies before!"

& then she went on about how it was 'pop', and 'soda' was a weird word.

It's soda. D< -shot-

Edit: and thanks to poll, I forgot about the original topic.. XD my favorite soda is Mountain Dew. Edited by Shinichi Kudou

[color="#000080"][size="2"][font="Garamond"]More Minnesotan funnies:

My girlfriend of two years is from Minnesota and she says "Pop". When she visited me in El Paso last spring, she asked what kind of Pop they had at a restaurant. The waiter gave her a blank stare, so I had to explain that she wanted soda. Texans, at least where I'm from all refer to soda as "Coke", even if it's not actually Coca-Cola.

Sample conversation:

Guy #1: Hey you want a Coke?
Guy #2: Sure.
Guy #1: What kind?
Guy #2: Pepsi.

@_@

Personally I love Pepsi products over Coke (Except for Mug Root Beer). I like Pepsi because it's a tad sweeter and it doesn't make my teeth feel like they're stuck togetether; which often the case with Coke. I also drink RC products too. Cherry RC is the best kind of Cherry Soda I've ever encountered.[/font][/size][/color] Edited by Korey

[quote name='Korey' date='03 June 2010 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1275559449' post='694385']
[color="#000080"][size="2"][font="Garamond"]Texans, at least where I'm from all refer to soda as "Coke", even if it's not actually Coca-Cola.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

[center][img]http://facepaw.net/facepaw.jpg[/img][/center]

Around here pop is anything fizzy. However, we have a local slang term for tap water which is 'Council Pop'.

If you say soda here, you'll either be given soda water, or just funny looks.

[quote name='Sara' date='28 February 2010 - 03:52 AM' timestamp='1267325560' post='691251']
[font=secret font!][size=3]Fizzy drinks! That sounds so charmingly old-fashioned.[/size][/font][/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]You're right, pretty much the only time you'll hear it these days is from someone in their 60s and above (my grandmother uses it frequently). Most other people call them soft-drinks or the particular brand in question.[/size][/font]

[quote name='CDCDCD89' date='03 March 2010 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1267644277' post='691369']
I'm from the midwest. We usually call it "soda" around here.[/quote]
[size=1][color=royalblue]I'm from the Midwest (northern Illinois) and I tend to hear a lot of people say pop.

A lot of people also say soda. Seems we're a mix.

I personally prefer the term "soda", as it just sounds far more, I dunno, refined or something. Yes, I am speaking of beverages as if they were works of modern high-class society.

And when it comes to Coke vs. Pepsi products, I am easily a Coke fan, no problem. I like the cinnamony flavor Coca-Cola has whereas Pepsi just tastes like a rush of hi-fructose corn syrup. As for my [i]favorite[/i] soda, it's Coke Zero, hands down, though I also love Ginger Ale [sub]shut up[/sub] somethin' fierce.[/color][/size]

[font="Garamond"]1. It's pop. Well, in Canada anyway. But I'm not weirded out by people saying soda, and the whole "we call everything coke" thing is an idea I've come to accept (though I'll never use it, haha because I do think it's pretty ridiculous.)
2. Tally another vote for the good Dr and his delightful Pepper beverage. I don't particularly love any pop, but if I'm gonna drink it, Dr Pepper please! (plus it's great to mix with alcohol. Regular rum? Check. Coconut or spiced rum? Check. Soju? Absofrigginlutely.)[/font]

Depends on what I'm feeling I guess. I'm pretty fond of Dr. Pepper. I also like Vanilla Coke, and regular Coke. Every once in a while I'll go with root beer. I drink a lot of tea and water as well. Trying to lay off the caffeine at the moment so I've been having Coke instead of tea. Tea and coffee are good. So is caffeine.

Surge is my favorite. I need a time machine so I can get some.