ChibiHorsewoman

Is it pop or soda  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is it pop or soda

• Pop
    • Soda
    • Who the hell really cares I'm thirsty
    • Whiskey

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Okay so I gained 10lbs between September and December and I really want to lose that and then some so I gave up soda- but now I REALLY want a Coca Cola or even a Sprite. So I figured why not torture myself and make this thread? And also include other drinks too

First of all I have to ask though is it pop or soda? I call it soda here in Western New York, but I don't know about other people. I think sometimes it's a regional thing though because other people call it pop.

But then hey after that what do you like to drink- you know aside from soda. Sorry, my ADD med is wearing off so I may not be making much sense any more. And it's been a crazy few days. So if you need clarification just ask.

As for myself after the missing soda thing wore off I fell in love with [B]Crystal Light lemonade [/B]and [B]Diet Peach tea Snapple[/B]. I'm glad they come in the packets now. I drink that most of the time and [B]V8 Fusion in Peach Mango[/B]. But I used to drink a lot of Diet Pepsi and regular Coke. Don't ask me why, but I can't drink regular Pepsi or Diet Coke. It's one of those Chibi #1 things. But I stopped drinking a lot of soda because of what it does to your bones, and I do drink a lot of milk. But tell you what, I'm gonna start babbling now. Then I'll make the poll and post this so everyone else can post.[/color][/font][/size]

this is the best topic post ever...
lets see... how do i post on topic for this one...

well... its soda... anyone who says differently is a confused lost soul...meaning they live in the part of America no one should live in...

then.. .well i like to drink soda... i usually get generic soda.
brown or green drink, sometimes cherry powered.
and ginger ale is amazing... that soda makes me feel better... and i don't know why.

other than soda... i love tea, both european and Asian... but i dislike most chai teas. and when i want a[I] real[/I] drink i will go for a shot or five of vodka. my favorite brand is skii only because its bottled in my hometown.

oh... and keep babbling Horsewoman... i love it when people get crazy like me.

Being born and spending my childhood in California, I call it soda. Always will, even though now I live in a state where everywhere it's called "POP". Oy. ._.

I have to say, my favorite is Coke. Just can't beat a nice cold Coca Cola. I'm kinda bad with my soda drinking habits though, 'cause I tend to have one every day. Hopefully I'll manage to cut back on that...

Curiously, while I was in Japan I very rarely drank any soda. Most of the time I had some kind of tea; milk tea, "straight" tea, etc. Boy, do I miss my Japanese beverages. :(

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My in-laws are all Canadian and most of them call soda 'pop' which I find odd and confusing. :animesigh

I kinda miss the bubble tea from back in the 90's it wasn't that good, but I still miss it.

Another good drink that I love in the summer is Sweet Tea and yes I'm from New York but I know how to make it. Yum!

Oh word of advice before I go: Don't go to western Pennsylvania and ask for an orange pop, you'll either get a strange look or an orange popsicle.[/color][/font][/size]

[SIZE=1]Typical, the only options being American vernacular. Boo we must speed up our plot lest we be consumed.

They're generally referred to as soft drinks or fizzy drinks over here, and of all of those on offer I'm partial to a regular Coke, occasionally a 7-Up or Club Orange otherwise.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Typical, the only options being American vernacular. Boo we must speed up our plot lest we be consumed.

They're generally referred to as soft drinks or fizzy drinks over here, and of all of those on offer I'm partial to a regular Coke, occasionally a 7-Up or Club Orange otherwise.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Hey if I knew how to ask for a gaseosa (sorry I haven't had to spell anything in Spanish for about a decade) in another language I would.

And yes here in the Americas we do call them soft drinks too, but dang it I'm lazy!:animeswea[/color][/font][/size]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I too refer to it as soda. I've also heard the phrase soft drinks. I'm supposed to avoid stimulants like caffeine so when I do have soda it's usually something like Sprite, Root Beer or Fresca. When it comes to favorites though, mine is lemonade. I love freshly made lemonade.[/FONT]

I'm pretty far south states, and we call it soda here. I think I used to refer to all sodas as plain 'ole Coke. "You want a Coke?" would usually imply what kind of soda can I get you?

The first time I heard it called pop was some girl from Michigan. And it was annoying, because she had that Louis-from-Family-Guy voice, and she'd call it "Paaaaaaaaaaaap." Yes, with that naggy /o/ sound that turns into an annoying /a/.

I've always been a root beer girl. IBC Root Beer. And until I was older, I've begun to like Dr. Pepper, too.

• 2 weeks later...
I like a lot of different types of pop. Actually I like all of the ones I can think of with the exception of Mountain Dew. It may sound weird, but I like to drink them warm, or at least not cold. The ones I should mention would be Coke, Cerry Coke, Pepsi, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Root Beer, Ginger Ale/Vernor's, and all the fruit flavored pops like Grape, Orange, Red (not and fruit obviously, but I always find it next too the orange and grape at most places I see them at). To answer the question though, it's "Soda Pop."

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]They're generally referred to as soft drinks or fizzy drinks over here, and of all of those on offer I'm partial to a regular Coke, occasionally a 7-Up or Club Orange otherwise.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][font=secret font!][size=3]Fizzy drinks! That sounds so charmingly old-fashioned.[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]I call it pop because the only place I've ever lived where it's called soda is California.
Here, soda sounds too proper. It's just easier to say pop.
But generally, I use "drink" as an all-purpose term for well... drinks.
Could be a pop, could be a juice.

My very favourite is CHERRY CRUSH.
Then Dr Pepper, and Coke.
I don't worry too much about the health concerns.
You only live once.
[/FONT]

• 1 month later...
Pop is a ****ing verb, man.

A verb. As in an action you do to balloons, bubbles, pimples, and the back of the heads of fools who dare to refer to soft drinks/soda/coke as 'pop'.

That said, my wife is from Minnesota, and she says pop. God, it makes my skin crawl.

But to be fair, I call all of it 'coke'. If I say "Want a coke?" the implication is that you'll then specify further. Such as "Yeah, a regular Pepsi or RC, if you got it." Or maybe, "Sure, I'll take Sunkist."

So, I guess that's pretty idiotic too. But at least it's in the ballpark. Not some random verb I pulled out of nowhere.

I think from now on, I'll call it all 'take'.

What kind of take would you like?

-Justin

• 4 weeks later...
[CENTER][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="2"]I call it soda, but a friend of mine from Oklahoma calls it pop. Dr. Pepper. <3

My favorite non-soda drink is milk. Especially chocolate milk. I could drink it all day if I wouldn't get sick from drinking so much.[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...