OtakuBoards

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Trading, Discussion and SRS BIZNESS

The Spectacular Professor

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Anyway, everyone remember that shop in Mahogany that used to be a Team Rocket hideout? You don't need to worry about it anymore. It's just a souvenir shop. Nothing suspicious about it. No need to be alarmed.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

LULZ.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Red"]I picked up SoulSilver on Monday and it has since succeeded in preventing me from doing things that are really more important and basically consuming my soul (no pun intended).

The PokeWalker really impressed me, despite thinking I wouldn't use it much, if at all. I randomly tossed it in my bookbag and left it there for a day, came back to it after school, and apparently had a Pidgey. I've been using it every day since then, mostly with Pokemon that require a high happiness/tameness level to evolv-O hay, Togepi just evolved 8o

Also, Ace, I'm working on getting Wi-Fi. If I manage to get it, I'll see about that spare Chikorita.

Now onto the Bug Catching Contest.

Edit: First attempt at the Contest, a Pinsir KO'd my Pidgeotto. I reset, originally caught a Paras with Pidgeotto getting poisoned in the process, then caught a level 17 Metapod because I could. I quit then because thanks to the no-item rule (which I still don't get why they don't just take away your PokeBalls instead of YOUR WHOLE BAG), Pidgeotto was dangerously close to fainting. And in the end, I didn't win (wasn't expecting to, but meh). Better luck next time, I guess.[/COLOR]

[quote name='RedJ'][COLOR="Red"]Also, Ace, I'm working on getting Wi-Fi. If I manage to get it, I'll see about that spare Chikorita.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sweet, let me know if there's anything in particular you want in return. I should probably be getting myself a Ditto anyway, so breeding's not out of the question. I have breeding stock in both my current Typhlosion and my Feraligatr(s) on Pearl.

Also, trades with me now come with free Pokérus. Because I'm nice like that.

EDIT: Daily Spoils thus far: conquered Mahogany Gym to claim my 7th Gym badge, purged Goldenrod of Team Rocket. Afterwords, I participated in the bug-catching contest and claimed both victory and an awesome Scyther. No Weedles to steal my glory this time.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sweet, let me know if there's anything in particular you want in return. I should probably be getting myself a Ditto anyway, so breeding's not out of the question. I have breeding stock in both my current Typhlosion and my Feraligatr(s) on Pearl.

Also, trades with me now come with free Pokérus. Because I'm nice like that.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]A Cyndaquil would be awesome. Oh, and I just found out that I -might- have access to Wi-Fi over the weekend, so yeah.

Also, don't forget that Lapras appears in Union Cave on Fridays (which is tomorrow, for those who didn't know). Keep in mind that Surf and I think Strength will be needed to get to Lapras, unless they changed that in HG/SS.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I managed to catch Pokerus.

Now all I need to do is catch a shiny and my life will be complet- OH WAIT.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE][color=#009966]Did you hear about the shiny Pichu event for D/P/Pt? Download the Pichu on any of those three, trade it to HG/SS and it'll unlock an event later on.
[url]http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/uk/shiny-pichu.html[/url]

BTW wanna trade me a random throwaway Pokemon with Pokerus?

Oh and for vanity's sake I was wondering what everyone's average steps per day are. So far mine are 18,000 per day. :3

-r2[/color]

[quote name='r2vq'][color=#009966]Oh and for vanity's sake I was wondering what everyone's average steps per day are. So far mine are 18,000 per day. :3

-r2[/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I average around 3-4,000. Mostly by attaching it to my foot and tapping steadily while playing. First day I got about 13,000, though. Most of that was probably from actually walking, even.

Anyway, Red. I've got your Cyndaquil ready. He's boxed so the Pokérus doesn't immunize. Just remember to get your Pal Pad in the Pokemon Center basement and connect to the internet at least once in order to register a Friend Code. Then just let me know when you're available for trading.

Alright, just got mine so anyone interested:
Version: SoulSilver
Name: Ace
Friend Code: 4769 9698 9340[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='r2vq'][color=#009966]
BTW wanna trade me a random throwaway Pokemon with Pokerus?
[/color][/QUOTE]

Yeah okay.

I just beat AMERICA but since Infinite Space just came out along with that new Shin Megami Tensei game, I don't know how much more I'll be playing.

Here's my friendcode: 1720 5378 9142[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Red"]Mkay, so it wont be happening this weekend due to certain events, plus the egg is being stubborn(typical Chikorita -3-) and not wanting to hatch. Next week is a possibility though, and I plan to begin negotiations for Wi-Fi over the weekend.

Also, Larvitar is a besnitch to find .-.[/COLOR]

[quote name='RedJ'][COLOR="Red"]Mkay, so it wont be happening this weekend due to certain events, plus the egg is being stubborn(typical Chikorita -3-) and not wanting to hatch. Next week is a possibility though, and I plan to begin negotiations for Wi-Fi over the weekend.

Also, Larvitar is a besnitch to find .-.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Cool, I'll keep him in storage until you're ready for him. Though if I get bored I might name him something embarrassing just for giggles.

Larvitar's in the Mountain area of the Safari Zone (Not Peak, Mountain. The distinction is very important). It's only there during Morning and Day hours, though. After hours all you'll find are bats and rats. And Magneton.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Red"]I had an interesting experience while doing some much needed leveling up/attempting to hatch the Chikorita egg.

Raikou decided to show up. Naturally I was unprepared for this and had used all my PokeBalls to catch Lapras earlier today, so I let it get away the first time. About an hour later, while in the same spot, it showed up again, but I at least had 15 PokeBalls this time. I threw one-

It rolled 3 times, and I got excited.

Which is where I screwed up. Yeah, it escaped. So now, I'm on the hunt for both it AND Entei, forget leveling up. Oh, and the egg hatched, so Chikorita is being stored in my PC for now.[/COLOR]

I didn't realize so many OBers were into HG/SS until just now! might have to start posting here more often. Anyways, althouogh I've been hyped for this, I've only played about 4 hours in, putting me just after the gym fight with Bugsy :X Not very far. Anyway, it's been forever since I've played the old Gold or Silver, so I'm curious, when does the daycare appear? I want to breed some pokemans.

Awesome. Reason I asked was because I forgot. lol. Now I just need some good pokemon to breed. As well as a decent spot to train. :X I'll post a friend code once I get Wi-Fi working if any of you OBers would be willing to add me or accept a friend request.

I will so be willing to help out with trading and shizz once I get my HeartGold on Monday (it better come Monday anyway :/). I'll be getting a Chikorita, if that helps any. :V

... even though red already has his game and a Bayleef (Meganium?) by now.

[quote name='Miss Anonymous']

... even though red already has his game and a Bayleef (Meganium?) by now.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]Yeah, it's a Meganium now- it evolved Friday night, if I remember correctly.

Also, Blackthorn Gym is really getting on my nerves =3= I want to know what happened to just pushing boulders into the lava to make a path to Clair .-.

[/COLOR]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Right now I'm on the Ho-oh battle, and [I]oh my goodness[/I] it's a pain. I'm about to give up and try it again later. I'm very much regretting making my Ampharos forget Thunder Wave in favor of Discharge...[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Right now I'm on the Ho-oh battle, and [I]oh my goodness[/I] it's a pain. I'm about to give up and try it again later. I'm very much regretting making my Ampharos forget Thunder Wave in favor of Discharge...[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Smash some rocks in Cinnabar. Sometimes they have Heart Scales in them, which you can use to pay the Move Relearner in Blackthorn. I had to do the same thing after being horrified to discover that Beat Up actually sucks horribly and is a waste of my Sneasel's movepool. Some signature move.

Also, I found that Dusk Balls work a lot better than Ultra Balls, but then again I was fighting Lugia, who is found in a cave. Ho-Oh is on top of the roof, right? Maybe Dusk Balls will work if you wait until nighttime.

I just got to Kanto. My gosh, it's beautiful. It's so lush and detailed it puts FireRed and LeafGreen to absolute shame. It's remarkable how a single generation can make an entire region look so much better.

Finally, if you don't already know, it is now confirmed that Silver (your rival) is [spoiler]the son of Giovanni[/spoiler]. Keeping that in mind, it occurred to me during the Lake of Rage incident that Rocket Executive Ariana had an awfully familiar-lookin' 'do.

[CENTER][IMG]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/bd/HeartGold_SoulSilver_Athena.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

I think I know why she remains loyal to [spoiler]the boss[/spoiler], if ya get my drift. :whoops:[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][CENTER][IMG]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/bd/HeartGold_SoulSilver_Athena.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I knew that before I even got the game, so I'm prepared! Also, I HATE THAT GAL'S DISPROPORTIONATE HIPS ARGH!!! Look at 'em! They make it look like she's ballooning from the thighs and hips only! RAEG!!!

[quote name='chibi-master']I knew that before I even got the game, so I'm prepared! Also, I HATE THAT GAL'S DISPROPORTIONATE HIPS ARGH!!! Look at 'em! They make it look like she's ballooning from the thighs and hips only! RAEG!!![/QUOTE]

[spoiler]They're called mother's hips. They occur after having children.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Smash some rocks in Cinnabar. Sometimes they have Heart Scales in them, which you can use to pay the Move Relearner in Blackthorn.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Funny you should mention that, 'cause I connected PokeWalkers with an acquaintance of mine today, and guess what item I got out of it?

But yeah, I'll probably just fly down from the tower later and go bum around before going back to Ho-oh. [i.e. get my Eevee from Goldenrod since I completely forgot about it...][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="Red"]I'm still trying to FIND Lugia. Between the lack of Flash and the constant being attacked by Pokemon (I'm pretty sure they increased the encounter rate in HG/SS, because I don't even remember the Wild Pokemon being so fracking annoying)...blah. But I guess it's a good reason to stop and level up before tackling the Elite Four.[/COLOR]