OtakuBoards

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Trading, Discussion and SRS BIZNESS

The Spectacular Professor

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]What about the Chansey family? Chansey and Blissy have really high Defense [and I assume Special Defense, too], [I]and[/I] are healers on top of that.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Oh no, the Chansey family has horrible Defense. They have really high HP, decent Sp. Attack and amazingly good Sp. Defense, but Physical? Psssh, man, they can't handle anything physical.

I still love my Blissey on Platinum though. Just the low Defense made it super hard to train. .3.

EDIT: Also, let it be known that catching a Natu straight from the wild (at the Ruins of Alph) makes it incredibly hard to start training it right off the bat. They don't know ANY attack moves at all! You have to either level them up (for quite awhile, might I add) or use some TMs on 'em. Gosh, what a pain. ._.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Clurr'][SIZE="1"]Koga. WTF. His strategy is the most infuriating thing I've experienced since Whitney. It's going to take me hours upon hours of training to get all my pokemon up to a decent level, and I don't have any money left after losing to him to buy the necessary health items.

I think my character is going to give up pokemon and pick up a nice meth addiction.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]His Muk is what annoyed me the most. Everything else was easily dealt with (this likely due to me having a Houndoom that I totally didn't trade over as a level 1 Houndour from my Platinum when I first got them game >_>; ). Gunk Shot kept KOing my Pokemon in one hit, likely due to them being a bit under-leveled, and then he has that ability to recover a bit of HP each turn. The only way I managed to beat that thing was by having Lapras eventually freeze it.

Also, apparently Bruno is a Marine. Or whatever military branch that does the HOO-AH thing. Unless I read it wrong, which is possible considering I wasn't in the mood for another "So you think you have what it takes to be Champion? VERY WELL, I, *Elite Four Member's name*, SHALL KNOCK ALL YOUR POKEMON DOWN WITH MY *insert Pokemon type*" speech and was speeding through it.[/COLOR]

[quote name='RedJ'][COLOR="Red"]His Muk is what annoyed me the most. Everything else was easily dealt with (this likely due to me having a Houndoom that I totally didn't trade over as a level 1 Houndour from my Platinum when I first got them game >_>; ). Gunk Shot kept KOing my Pokemon in one hit, likely due to them being a bit under-leveled, and then he has that ability to recover a bit of HP each turn. The only way I managed to beat that thing was by having Lapras eventually freeze it.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]God, seriously. If I hadn't had so much trouble with that thing I might have beaten him. Feraligatr froze it immediately with Ice Fang, but it defrosted just as fast. Then it kept minimizing or poisoning my pokemon so I couldn't hit him at all and still took damage. I don't think Gunk Shot ever took my pokemon down in one hit.

It would probably help a lot if my Slowpoke wasn't 6 levels below the Muk. I need to evolve him to Slowking.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Y'know, I don't remember Victory Road being nearly this easy in the original games. Granted, it's been years since my first playthrough, but I feel like it was a lot harder...although I've always [i]loathed[/i] the Victory Roads in the games. I think the only one I ever liked was the original in R/B/Y, and that was 'cause it had Moltres.

Although you [i]do[/i] get the added advantage of the running shoes this time around [provided you didn't just use the bike in the original, but that was before they had speeds], so that might have something to do with it. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Fun fact: Red's level 88 Pikachu can OHKO a level 61 Tyranitar with Volt Tackle.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]...I totally thought you were talking about me for half a second >>;

Also, dear lord, I forgot about all the newer moves his Pokemon could know now o_o The possibilities scare me...although I haven't even beat the Elite Four yet, so.[/COLOR]

the only way i beat him in the first game was reviving my electrode and exploding him. very cheap... but he was the only pokemon i had that was fast enough to go first... and i wanted to win... i think i beat two of his pokemon legit..

well... i hope i wont suck as bad when i fight him this time around.
[spoiler]i am training an elctrode though... just in case :P[/spoiler]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Y'know, I don't remember Victory Road being nearly this easy in the original games. Granted, it's been years since my first playthrough, but I feel like it was a lot harder...although I've always [i]loathed[/i] the Victory Roads in the games. I think the only one I ever liked was the original in R/B/Y, and that was 'cause it had Moltres.

Although you [i]do[/i] get the added advantage of the running shoes this time around [provided you didn't just use the bike in the original, but that was before they had speeds], so that might have something to do with it. [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Victory Road was just annoying to me, because I kept running into random Pokemon encounters. Also, having to do all sorts of puzzles and so on made it just tedious.

Don't you just love the remakes when they get all the perks of the original? I loved playing [B]Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes[/B] for that exact reason. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]So last night/early this morning, I couldn't sleep. So I decided to turn on HG and attempt to beat Lance, since I lost [read: gave up] the first time]...and I did it. 8D Took some tag-team reviving between Typhlosion and Ho-oh, but I did it. I'm on the boat to Kanto now~

Chibi: If it makes you feel any better, most of my team has been lagging behind Typhlosion and Ho-oh for awhile now. I plan to level up my Ampharos and my Larvitar while on the way to Kanto, especially since my Larvitar is only a few levels away from evolving.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm the same way. Always have been. It's some kind of neurotic need to keep them all even leveled. And yeah, it does make things a ton easier too.

So hey! In HG I'm at the Radio Tower event right now, and gosh is it fun to run around in a Team Rocket uniform. XD I giggled so much at people's reactions. My favorite had to be this old guy in the Department store: "What kind of business would a Team Rocket member have here? We aren't selling sanity here."

I beat Janine, Brock, Blaine, and Blue today. Feels good to get Kanto done now. Spent the rest of my day running around getting all the leaders numbers [spoiler]although it took me forever to get Clair's, finally figured out that I needed to beat Silver at Mt. Moon, then go back to the Dragon's Den to have a double battle with us vs Clair and Lance, good times[/spoiler]. Rebattling them, especially Blue, is really going to help with training for Red. Except that getting Blue's number is going to be a royal pain in the ***, since Daisy Oak is a raging _ _ _ _ _ from what I've heard.

[COLOR="Red"]So while I'm training my Pokemon to destroy the Elite [STRIKE]Five[/STRIKE]Four, I'm working on getting Wi-Fi. Got yet another wireless router today, but no cords since I already had the ones from my last one. But the power cord thingy was too big :x So now I have to wait until tomorrow. So, Ace, I should be able to get that Chikorita to you some time this week, assuming you haven't got one already.

Also, I'm starting to realize that Golem is made of fail and my long-time team of 6 is about to become a team of 5 o_e[/COLOR]

So I finally kicked the crap out of Clair with a steel toe boot. Now I'm freaking out because I really want to catch Ho-Oh, but I want to save my Master Ball for Suicune. Thus, I am waiting until dark to play so that I get to over-use Dusk Balls in an attempt to capture the squawking bugger.

[quote name='RedJ'][COLOR="Red"]So while I'm training my Pokemon to destroy the Elite [STRIKE]Five[/STRIKE]Four, I'm working on getting Wi-Fi. Got yet another wireless router today, but no cords since I already had the ones from my last one. But the power cord thingy was too big :x So now I have to wait until tomorrow. So, Ace, I should be able to get that Chikorita to you some time this week, assuming you haven't got one already.

Also, I'm starting to realize that Golem is made of fail and my long-time team of 6 is about to become a team of 5 o_e[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Conveniently enough, this week is Spring Break, so it's all cool.

As for Golem, it would be amazing if it weren't for the fact that a single Surf can destroy it. I prefer Tyranitar as a rock-type, which has better HP, but adds a disadvantage in the fact that I can't use it for Bruno because it'll fall apart if that Hitmonlee so much as looks at it wrong.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I prefer Tyranitar as a rock-type, which has better HP, but adds a disadvantage in the fact that I can't use it for Bruno because it'll fall apart if that Hitmonlee so much as looks at it wrong.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Please don't do that when I'm in the middle of eating piping hot instant ramen.:animedepr

Also... I... I had to do it. I used the Master Ball on Ho-Oh... The stupid thing wouldn't stay in the Dusk or Ultra Balls I threw at it! I nicknamed it "Arsenal" because I figured that it deserved SOME sort of curse word in its name after the hell it caused me.

Dusk Balls (plus some Hypnosis and Mean Look) helped me catch both Raikou and Entei earlier tonight. I am now the proud owner of Lanceor and Vulcan. *is not a .hack nerd, nope*

And tomorrow *coughtodaycough* I'll be goin' after Ho-oh. If it starts to infuriate me too much, I'll wait 'til nightfall cuz hey, those Dusk Balls are [i]amazing[/i]. <3