OtakuBoards

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Trading, Discussion and SRS BIZNESS

The Spectacular Professor

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I got Morty's number yesterday ahshshasiukfwroeeiprosdfj

Went through the task of getting power restored to parts of Kanto. Now I'm about to fight Misty.

Also, Eusine is an extremely, extremely observant researcher.

[I]"SUICUNE prefers water!"[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chibi-master']So I must admit that having Arsenal follow me around is pretty awesome. Though shouldn't some of these trainers be too scared out of their minds to challenge me now, what with my gargantuan pal following me around?:confused:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]This is a world where parents send their ten-year old children out on their own to teach creatures how to kill each other, underage gambling is legal, and has non-suspicious souvenir shops that should not alarm you at all. Why in the world would someone be afraid to challenge someone who has a fracking huge bird following them and is ready to strike when given the command to do so?

Also, I think I'll be ready to take on the Elite Four again tonight. And it better work this time, too...although I suppose I could go get the money from Mom, as much as I would miss the constant "OMGHAIIBOUGHTYOUABERRYLOLOLOL".[/COLOR]

[quote name='RedJ'][COLOR="Red"]non-suspicious souvenir shops that should not alarm you at all.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I felt sorry for the guy running that joint. Lance just waltzes in and has his Dragonite BURN THE GUY'S FACE OFF with Hyper Beam simply for running a perfectly legitimate and totally non-suspicious establishment.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I felt sorry for the guy running that joint. Lance just waltzes in and has his Dragonite BURN THE GUY'S FACE OFF with Hyper Beam simply for running a perfectly legitimate and totally non-suspicious establishment.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I request that you put a "FUNNY WARNING!" label on any posts of yours that make me snort water up my nose and all over my lap. I don't have any dry shorts anymore and it's too warm to wear anything else.:animeangr

I have needed ONE Oran Berry for a while now to make Moomoo feel better, but it turns out those things are hard to find... My mom sends me all kinds of berries no one's ever heard of except the ones I need most...:animedepr

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well, thanks to a combination of extremely good luck and a ten level per pokémon grinding session, I HAVE BEATEN RED. I stand at the pinnacle of Pokeymansdom. Now all I need to do is find the shattered remains of Team Rocket, conquer them and declare myself the new leader. After that, domination. Today Johto, tomorrow the world. I'll start by teaching them to carry more than three types of Pokémon and level them sufficiently so that a ten year old boy and his pet mouse can't just walk in and curbstomp them all.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I've actually taken a break from HG (since all I can do right now is level up my team until they're ready for the Elite Four, and I don't feel like doing that at all). I'm replaying Blue version for probably the eight hundredth time.

Funny how I've got a novel to read and five papers to write.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Clurr'][SIZE="1"]Funny how I've got a novel to read and five papers to write.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

The best time to play video games is always when you have a mountain of work. Clearly. *pie'd*

Anyway, I caught Ho-oh this morning. Funny story: I must've had to reset 10+ times, either due to accidentally knocking it out (damn criticals when I don't need 'em) or running out of Pokeballs, when FINALLY I start up the battle, weaken it, throw the first Ultra Ball... and just like that, Ho-oh was caught.

Goshdarnit I literally said, "Son of a b****!"

[quote name='Miss Anonymous']I'm the same way. Always have been. It's some kind of neurotic need to keep them all even leveled. And yeah, it does make things a ton easier too.

[/quote]

Wait, wait, wait. I'm not the only one that tries to level them evenly?

Now I am curious though, how does everyone go about picking teams? And do you grind them or just go through the story?

I'm about to fight Olivine and mine aren't even in the 30's yet. :animeswea

[COLOR="Red"]As of today, I HAVE WI-FI 8D
My friend code is 1978 2619 3496. Ace, let me know when you're ready for that Chikorita. Just know that I -might- be at church from about 6:30-8:30-ish EST.

And as a side note, I still hate the Elite Four.[/COLOR]

So I have a Friend Code for HG now, which I shall share with you all. Feel free to add meh; we can have, like, battles and trades and stuff.

Name: Missay
Code: 3309 7022 6950

In other news, I've beaten four of the Kanto gym leaders. I'm on my way to the Power Plant soon so that the Kanto peeps won't die or something.

[COLOR="Red"]*dances*
I BEAT THE ELITE FOUR~ Now to conquer Kanto 8D
...Oh wait, now I have to deal with Red. Buuut at least I'll have access to the Pal Park by that point >_>;

Also the Kanto battle theme is amazing.[/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1]What the hell, I haven't posted here yet? What is wrong with me. > >

Anyway, I've already beaten the Elite Four and am making my way through Kanto. I'm at Cerulean City and just turned in the Machine Part, so I have my Magnet Train (yay, no more S.S. Anne). I'm gonna challenge Misty, but I'm dreading battling Red. Lv. 88 Pikachu ftl. D: [/color][/size]

Getting your Pokemon to level 85+ shouldn't prove to be too difficult. Just battle the gym leaders (on their respective days and times, of course) at the Fighting Dojo and they gain experience pretty quickly. Once I do get everyone to level 70, I'm going to go back and challenge the Elite 4, since they're stronger after 16 badges.

Also, caught Articuno last night. Just Moltres left, then time to hunt down Entei, Suicune, and Latias.

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I experienced my first legitimate loss last night, against Blue. Though, the only problem was that I didn't have enough Revives, and I guess I was being cocky and thought I didn't need any more. Guess that'll learn me. :/

Oh, and I was on his LAST POKEMON, TOO, which I would have been able to whomp had I not had Linkara the Typhlosion use Blast Burn on the previous Poke, which makes him unable to move for the next round...[/SIZE][/FONT]

Finished the Kanto gym leaders. Now I just have to defeat the NEW! and IMPROVED! Elite Four and that darn Red (no, not you, red meat). But before I can go on to defeat 'em, I need to train about... 10 levels per Poke'peep. That's gonna suck, especially since I can't spam the Vs. Seeker like I could in Platinum, and you can't spam on the rematches via the Pokegear either.
You know what else I'd like? A Lucky Egg. That'd help matters a tad.

Otherwise, here's a small GET! list:
- Zapdos (named Teutates)
- Articuno (named Ogmios)
- Latias (named Aurora)
- Tyrogue (named Jerkwad since I had to go back through Mt. Mortar TWICE to actually get it :/)
- And... uhh, others I'm sure. Like phone numbers. But those aren't worth listing every single one.

[quote name='Miss Anonymous']That's gonna suck, especially since I can't spam the Vs. Seeker like I could in Platinum, and you can't spam on the rematches via the Pokegear either.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Serebii has a nice [URL="http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rematch.shtml"][COLOR="Blue"][U]section[/U][/COLOR][/URL] on the Pokégear rematches. During the times listed for the individual trainers, you can call and rematch them as many times as you want. It's not as versatile as the VS. Seeker, but on the plus side, they'll agree to a rematch every single time you call them during the designated timeframe. All you have to do is leave the Route they're on and call them again.

[spoiler]I spend part of my Mondays beating the crap out of Youngster Joey's Raticate over and over again just to prove a point. It's oddly satisfying.[/spoiler][/FONT]