OtakuBoards

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Trading, Discussion and SRS BIZNESS

The Spectacular Professor

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]During the times listed for the individual trainers, you can call and rematch them as many times as you want.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
... I did not know this.
Holy crap, that means... I can rematch Gym Leaders in the same way?

*tries it out on Morty*

... holy crap balls! What an awesome revelation! 8D

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know exactly how you feel Ace.... i wish my character wasn't such a whorebag giving her number away to anyone that asked.... i just stop taking calls, especially from joey. i could care less about his special rats and the owl that got away.

[SIZE="1"]My rival is Artiom. I went through a phase recently where I'd name all my rivals Kiev, so this time I decided to switch it up a little with a different Russian name. My character name is usually always Tegan, though. (At least it is in Platinum. In Pearl I named her Sara to be funny. Like Tegan and Sara).

Also, the Pokewalker can indeed handle a trip through the washing machine...but only once. RIP Sudowoodo.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I think since Sapphire I've been calling my rivals William after former OB member Jokopoko as he calls his Gavin. Funnily enough we've never fought one another, although now that he has SoulSilver and I have HeartGold I imagine that will change.

Finally got my Friend Code, 5070 6542 9423 for anyone interested. Only have about two hours logged in game, massacred Faulkner and his minions with a level 18 Quilava.
[/SIZE]

So I ran across something unexpected earlier. Decided to randomly take the train from Saffron so I could get over to Johto, when I see Lt. Surge in the station. o_o I go up to talk to him, and he says, "Hey, you had a Pikachu before, didn't you? Want to trade it for my French Pikachu?"

To which I went, "... 8O NO WAI!", ran back to the Pokemon Center, came back with said Pikachu, traded, and... it's not French at all. :/ What a disappointment.
But, it [i]does[/i] list the OT as "Surge", which is pretty cool I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"]I traded my main team from HG to Platinum so I could level them up decently and adjust their moves using the vast resources I have in Pt.

I managed to breed a Sneasel with Ice Punch, Swords Dance, and Brick Break, and I'm thinking about trying to EV train it. Right now I'm trying to get the others up to about level 50, though. Hopefully this will be the team that finally beats the Elite Four: Arcanine, Ampharos, Feraligatr, Sneasel, Pupitar (unless I have the patience to grind those extra five levels for Tyranitar) and Slowking.[/SIZE]

I haven't been playing for a while because of schoolwork, but I just tried to beat Lance... I hate him and his 3 Dragonite friends... I had everything on his team out cold with only my paralyzed Typhlosion left. And he sent out a Charizard. ARGH. I WAS SOOO CLOSE! So now I'm still grinding to get myself a Dragonite... DAMN.

I think when I beat the elite four and Lance I had a Feraligatr, Kingdra, Ampharos, Arcanine, Piloswine, and Kangaskhan. I kinda just went to town on him with ice attacks from Piloswine and Kingdra's dragon attacks. I think Kingdra was my highest level at 61, but i did neglect the rest of my team once I got him so...

Also I feel like a copy cat now that I've gone back and read the other posts on this page...Clurr and I must have similar pokemon interests.

Lance can suck it. :/ Seriously, him and his stupid Dragonites, ugh...

The way I beat him was with my Piloswine, although that proved quite difficult and I had to try a couple times before I got him. My Pokemon were all around... level 50-55? I can't remember exactly, but yeah. Ice or Dragon type moves would work best, methinks.

I'm stuck grinding so I can try to get the last gym badge. I have no good ice or dragon types at all. :animedepr Does anyone know of some good ones to have on my team?

Also, I wanted to evolve my Haunter into a Gengar, and my Machoke into a Machamp and others. I have no one to trade with though. Is there anyone trustworthy here to trade with? I don't have much to offer in return. Besides Pikachu's from the Yellow Forest.

[quote name='Lilt']I'm stuck grinding so I can try to get the last gym badge. I have no good ice or dragon types at all. :animedepr Does anyone know of some good ones to have on my team?

Also, I wanted to evolve my Haunter into a Gengar, and my Machoke into a Machamp and others. I have no one to trade with though. Is there anyone trustworthy here to trade with? I don't have much to offer in return. Besides Pikachu's from the Yellow Forest.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Swinub and Jynx are pretty common in the Ice Path. Either one with Ice Beam or Icy Wind should be able to get you past Clair at a decent level.

As for the trading, you can actually do it yourself if you have a good internet connection handy. If you deposit your Haunter or Machoke for trade (make sure you request something outrageous like a level 9 Mew so no one actually takes it) and then make a separate trade with someone on the GTS, you can withdraw it right afterward and it will evolve. That's how I got my Scizor.

Anyone have any decent tips for conquering the Battle Factory? I've gotten to the Frontier Brain before, but a lot of the strategy seems to be based on luck. I tend to get screwed over a lot because of the crappy selection they offer at the beginning.[/FONT]

[quote name='Lilt']Wow! Thanks so much Ace! I had no idea that would work! I wanted to try out the GTS anyways.

As for the second tip, are dragon type attacks strong against Ice?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Nope, dragon types have normal damage versus most types except for themselves.

To offer a counter strategy, even if you teach a pokemon that can learn Icy Wind or Ice Punch, you can topple Clair. You can buy a TM of Ice Punch at the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod City.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Nope, dragon types have normal damage versus most types except for themselves.

To offer a counter strategy, even if you teach a pokemon that can learn Icy Wind or Ice Punch, you can topple Clair. You can buy a TM of Ice Punch at the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod City.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Actually, not anymore. You could in the originals, but since then the elemental punches have been demoted. If you want them, you have to defeat the Elite Four, then spend some time in the Battle Frontier and earn about 65 Battle Points each to pay the Move Tutor.

Several decent water types can learn good ice moves, though. And the Red Gyarados should learn Twister (Decent Dragon-type move) before too long, if you caught it.[/FONT]

Thanks to both of you. :animesmil

Howver, my Pokewalker died. :animedepr They definitely don't survive the wash a second time. I could order one from Nintendo, but I don't have an easy way to order online. So what do you guys think? Should I just buy SoulSilver and use the Pokewalker from that one?

I'm going to try to remove the back and hope that maybe it will dry off and start working. I doubt it though.

[quote name='Lilt']Thanks to both of you. :animesmil

Howver, my Pokewalker died. :animedepr They definitely don't survive the wash a second time. I could order one from Nintendo, but I don't have an easy way to order online. So what do you guys think? Should I just buy SoulSilver and use the Pokewalker from that one?

I'm going to try to remove the back and hope that maybe it will dry off and start working. I doubt it though.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]The same thing happened to me. I wonder why it can handle being washed once, but not twice? It's totally not a big deal though. All I lost was a Sudowoodo.

So, here's my team right now:

Virgil the Arcanine, level 48 (Iron Tail, Flare Blitz, Agility, Crunch)
Rio the Feraligatr, level 48 (Waterfall, Ice Fang, Crunch, Screech)
Adagio the Slowking, level 48 (Psychic, Ice Beam, Surf, Nasty Plot)
Ampere the Ampharos, level 48 (Thunder, Signal Beam, Focus Blast, Charge)
Mars the Tyranitar, level 55 (Stone Edge, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Crunch)
Michel the Sneasel, level 38 (Faint Attack, Ice Punch, Swords Dance, Brick Break)

Sneasel is just taking a long time to get up to speed because I'm actually EV training him. I think I'm almost done, though.

I keep naming all my Sneasels French names: Michel, Olivier, and Sebastien, and my Weavile is Noel (male). I also decided to give every Eevee a name that starts with E: Edward, Elliott, Ephraim, Emory, Eliwood, Edgar, and Eli (female).[/SIZE]

The bad news is, I tried to use the GTS, but it was low on choices. Is it only listing the ones I've seen?

The good news, they have a page in the Pokewalker manual for people like me. XD I'm going to try airing it out and replacing the battery.

[quote name='Lilt']The bad news is, I tried to use the GTS, but it was low on choices. Is it only listing the ones I've seen?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, the GTS only offers trades for species you've seen. Stuff you've only seen in the Battle Frontier doesn't count, either. Personally, I think it's dumb, but whatever.[/FONT]